Do you like the new Pokemon?
Yes 74%  74%  [ 43 ]
Average 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 58

Do you like the new Pokemon? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So…aside from the link that Frost provided, is there a link to these other new Pokemon somewhere?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:33 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Kiga wrote:
I don't really care for designs like Klefki, which include 'man-made' items like that, but aside from the keys, but I'm alright with it. I like the name, and the face, but I have to wonder where it got the keys, and what it uses them for.

Its name comes from the Greek word klefti, "thief". Pretty clear that it steals from/is given the keys by people. Also its Pokedex entry states "It never lets goes of a key that it likes, so people give it the keys to vaults and safes as a way to prevent crime."

It's actually a fairly clever concept, people always complain that the "key fairy" or something to that effect made their keys disappear. Now all we need is a Pokemon representing the gnomes that tangle headphone wires.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
Kiga wrote:
I don't really care for designs like Klefki, which include 'man-made' items like that, but aside from the keys, but I'm alright with it. I like the name, and the face, but I have to wonder where it got the keys, and what it uses them for.

Its name comes from the Greek word klefti, "thief". Pretty clear that it steals from/is given the keys by people. Also its Pokedex entry states "It never lets goes of a key that it likes, so people give it the keys to vaults and safes as a way to prevent crime."

It's actually a fairly clever concept, people always complain that the "key fairy" or something to that effect made their keys disappear. Now all we need is a Pokemon representing the gnomes that tangle headphone wires.

Ah, okay, that make so much more sense. So it's like Murkrow, or Meowth, or whatever else steals and collects items. That's much better than my impression that it naturally formed keys. Sorry, I only recognized "-ki" as possibly referring to "key". I don't know any Greek words whatsoever, aside from "kleft" now, that is... I never took Latin, if that has any bearing on it.

Yes, that is clever. What about the Sock Imp?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Klefki....I like his typing....has an interesting background....Yet this is one of the Pokemon I just cant get into. Im not sure what it is, since this is a cleverly done Pokemon, which does interest me.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mega Gyarados was just reveled. It basically gains some fins and a red stripe running down him. No word on stats yet.

From what I heard Mystical Fire is a base 65 Fire Attack that lowers the opponent's S.atk stat.
Fire/Water/Grass Pledges were boosted to 80bp.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A) Where are people getting this info from, OO

B) Any Confirmation on the following:

-previous starter Mega's that havent been revealed

-if each Version will have its own unique Mega Evo for the Pokemon Getting Mega's;
if yes, are we able to trade the X-mega evo item to Y and Vice Versa?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:27 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

So far the only revealed starter Megas are for Gen 1, and the only Megas which differ between versions are Charizard and Mewtwo.

I don't see why you couldn't trade the mega stones between versions, but I don't think we know for sure yet.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Serpentsounds wrote:
I don't see why you couldn't trade the mega stones between versions, but I don't think we know for sure yet.

Well, maybe it's like this flower for sky shaymin in platinum?

Serpentsounds wrote:
So far the only revealed starter Megas are for Gen 1

Nope, Blaziken. :P
But we have the three starters with evo, so this sentence is not completly wrong.

They never learned from their mistakes lol. Everyone disliked (well, almost) this ice cream cone, now they made a candy one? And there is a key pokemon, which make no sense, because it is holding real keys. o_O (Weird ideas lol)

But I do like this "nose" fairy pokemon (sorry I don't remember the names lol), quite good-looking I guess.

My favorite one so far is Talonflame, the simplicity of its design reminds me of the first gen, nostalgia lol.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:13 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Err yea, besides Blaziken. :P Though because of Blaziken, it leads you to think we might get some for at least the other Gen 2 starters. On the flip side, the dual evolutions for Charizard show a bit of favoritism towards the fire starters, so I guess we can't really know yet.

I'm still wondering what Mega Gyarados's typing is. Has that been shown?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Serpentsounds wrote:
So far the only revealed starter Megas are for Gen 1, and the only Megas which differ between versions are Charizard and Mewtwo.

MegaAbomasnow.

Also Granbull is Normal/Fairy, Mr. Mime is Psychic/Fairy

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Bunnelsby was mildly cute. Diggersby is a creepy nightmare.
I'm just lovin' Floette.
Goomy is... weird. I don't particularly like it.
Au contraire most of your opinions, I actually like Delphox more than Chesnaught and Gle... Oh, I forgot the name. Anyways, I'm not sure why I like Delphox. I have strange tastes.
Key-pokemon: Hated until I saw,

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
Kiga wrote:

I like it now.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I saw the Pic for Mega Abomasnow, and ...well...Not much of a change. Doesnt really Make me wanna use him at all.

Now the Humanoid Barnacle Evolution guy, THAT looks good and very well designed. Depending on stats and moves he gets I MIGHT train/breed one.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GofD wrote:
Now the Humanoid Barnacle Evolution guy, THAT looks good and very well designed. Depending on stats and moves he gets I MIGHT train/breed one.

You forgot to add /s at the end to note your sarcasm.

I'm really liking Aegislash's stats and Ability.

Shield Forme
http://i.imgur.com/b4Y2GYf.jpg

Sword Forme
http://i.imgur.com/Gbekyz1.jpg

Basically it's stats inverse like a mini-Deoxys-A/D, Not sure how it's stance can change though.

Also how is it a Male?

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
GofD wrote:

You forgot to add /s at the end to note your sarcasm.

I'm really liking Aegislash's stats and Ability.

Shield Forme
http://i.imgur.com/b4Y2GYf.jpg

Sword Forme
http://i.imgur.com/Gbekyz1.jpg

Basically it's stats inverse like a mini-Deoxys-A/D, Not sure how it's stance can change though.

Also how is it a Male?

Um....I wasnt being sarcastic. I like the guy, OO.

As for...whatever that is.....Im not sure on it yet....wait ITS MALE?

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Am I correct in believing that Aegislash is the final form of Honedge? I think that I could train this.

MasonTheChef wrote:
Also how is it a Male?

Apparently it's not genderless…

Funny thing about this, though, as it does seem that this would be genderless. I noticed something odd when Celebi.net posted screenshots for Bank. From the link below, take a look at the Magnezone in the list that's third from the left, and see if you can notice anything odd. Please note that the 'hell' is not meant to be there...

http://www.lolstop/bank/pics.shtml#

This phenomena does not carry over to the screenshots provided by the official American and Japanese sites, however, so I don't know what this means. I'm fairly certain that the screenshots were taken from the Pokemon Direct that revealed Bank, however, although I have not check this.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:01 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

MasonTheChef wrote:

Like its Ability text says, its forme changes based on how it battles. One of the leakers on BUNNIES has said that it goes into Blade Forme if you use a damaging attack, and to Shield Forme if you use a defensive attack.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
MasonTheChef wrote:

Like its Ability text says, its forme changes based on how it battles. One of the leakers on BUNNIES has said that it goes into Blade Forme if you use a damaging attack, and to Shield Forme if you use a defensive attack.

Inb4 protect + automize sets.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh? Interesting..... I wonder.....if this Pokemon has an Evo......Where depending on which "stance" it is in, will Evolve based on the last stance it was in..

That said, Still.....Not quite sure if I will be using this one. The typing I like...waaaait......Is this....POSSIBLY, a Prevo to Honedge???? DUH DUH DUH!!!!

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:23 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GofD wrote:
Oh? Interesting..... I wonder.....if this Pokemon has an Evo......Where depending on which "stance" it is in, will Evolve based on the last stance it was in..

That said, Still.....Not quite sure if I will be using this one. The typing I like...waaaait......Is this....POSSIBLY, a Prevo to Honedge???? DUH DUH DUH!!!!

...It's Honedge's FINAL form. Honedge -> Doublade -> Aegislash.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:44 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

This could have been the best Generation for Pokemon ever, but no. 70 new ones with the Mega Evolutions filling in for the rest. Sylveon is the only new Pokemon related to older ones who isn't a Mega Evolution. There's literally two or fewer Electric, Bug, Ice, Poison, Steel and Ground lines; ONE-THIRD of the existing types. Absolutely ridiculous. What if I want to use all new Pokemon, have Tyrunt as my fossil and don't like Avalugg? What if I want to use a Ground Pokemon but don't want Diggersby (and the other Ground is a post-game Legendary)? Well, then I don't get to use any Ice or Ground Pokemon, because there's hardly any variety in the new batch. I wish they had cut out about 30 Unova Pokemon and held them over for Kalos now.

At least Fairy hit the ground running as a type, none of that GSC Dark/Steel BS. We got a solid dozen new ones and Snubbull, Marill, Mr. Mime, Mawile and Jigglypuff's lines as well as Gardevoir. Plus whatever other older Pokemon who aren't within the Kalos 450 (Clefairy, Chansey, Togepi and Misdreavus, please).

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:29 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

MasonTheChef wrote:

Aegislash actually has a better version of Protect (King's Shield) which lowers the opponent's Attack by 2(?) stages if they make contact and puts Aegislash in Shield Forme in addition to the usual Protect effects.

Also, since you don't change into Blade Forme until the start of your attacking turn you probably don't want to have a high Speed. If the opponent is faster, they'll attack while you are in Shield Forme and then you'll switch to Blade Forme and attack. Then on the next turn you can use the priority King's Shield to return to Shield Forme while not taking any damage and repeat.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cherrygrove wrote:
MasonTheChef wrote:

Aegislash actually has a better version of Protect (King's Shield) which lowers the opponent's Attack by 2(?) stages if they make contact and puts Aegislash in Shield Forme in addition to the usual Protect effects.

Also, since you don't change into Blade Forme until the start of your attacking turn you probably don't want to have a high Speed. If the opponent is faster, they'll attack while you are in Shield Forme and then you'll switch to Blade Forme and attack. Then on the next turn you can use the priority King's Shield to return to Shield Forme while not taking any damage and repeat.

(Spits up energy drink.) O_O

What's with all the hate/nerfs to contact moves this gen.. But that sounds amazing.

Frost wrote:
his could have been the best Generation for Pokemon ever, but no. 70 new ones with the Mega Evolutions filling in for the rest.

TBH I'm actually quite happy with this, I like new pokes but I hate being inundated with only new mons the whole game like B/W did. Perhaps GF learned that was a bad idea and are doing a reverse this gen?

Still don't like mega pokemon at all, nope.

I'm also starting to worry that weather is staying the same this gen, honestly that's the one thing that will have me quit playing the meta for X/Y...
(There was an image of a thunderstorm weather leaked, but to me seems too visible compared to other weather moves shown that I feel it's a area in-game rather than a weather effect.)

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:07 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
GofD wrote:

...It's Honedge's FINAL form. Honedge -> Doublade -> Aegislash.

Oh, Well, thats quite a switch around, OO. I like the fact that you do need to have bit more of a Strategy behind this Pokemon, cause of how his forms change.

Frost wrote:
This could have been the best Generation for Pokemon ever, but no. 70 new ones with the Mega Evolutions filling in for the rest. Sylveon is the only new Pokemon related to older ones who isn't a Mega Evolution. There's literally two or fewer Electric, Bug, Ice, Poison, Steel and Ground lines; ONE-THIRD of the existing types. Absolutely ridiculous. What if I want to use all new Pokemon, have Tyrunt as my fossil and don't like Avalugg? What if I want to use a Ground Pokemon but don't want Diggersby (and the other Ground is a post-game Legendary)? Well, then I don't get to use any Ice or Ground Pokemon, because there's hardly any variety in the new batch. I wish they had cut out about 30 Unova Pokemon and held them over for Kalos now.

At least Fairy hit the ground running as a type, none of that GSC Dark/Steel BS. We got a solid dozen new ones and Snubbull, Marill, Mr. Mime, Mawile and Jigglypuff's lines as well as Gardevoir. Plus whatever other older Pokemon who aren't within the Kalos 450 (Clefairy, Chansey, Togepi and Misdreavus, please).

Only 70 new Pokemon? That Number seems Kinda Low to me. As for your anger on what types got the love, Well, I can understand that, and GameFreak cant really make everyone happy. I do agree with you on what they are doing with Fairy, There does seems to be a good batch of new, and old Pokemon getting the typing. (I agree with 3 of the 4 Pokemon you suggest for fairy. I dont see Misdreavus as Fairy.)

MasonTheChef wrote:
(Spits up energy drink.) O_O

*hands Mason a Towel* You got energy Drink all over....everything.

I'm also starting to worry that weather is staying the same this gen, honestly that's the one thing that will have me quit playing the meta for X/Y...
(There was an image of a thunderstorm weather leaked, but to me seems too visible compared to other weather moves shown that I feel it's a area in-game rather than a weather effect.)

Ah...I was wondering about what was going on with weather this gen....I was kinda hoping for a few tweaks and maybe even a new weather effect

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The National dex has been obtained, with the final number being at 718 for the Z legendary Zygarde (Ground/Dragon).

#666 is Villivion, all bow down to your Bug/Flying Overlord.
Goomy/Goodra is the Pseudo-legendary.
No new trio but rather Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost wrote:

If this is true…well, I'm not sure I'd mind that much. I do agree that they could have held off 30 or so Gen V pokemon, though, and I agree that they did right by the Fairy type.

It seems to me, that this might not be due to a lack of creativity or because they are focusing on Megas and Fairies too much, but rather they could have realized that the amount of Pokemon is growing too large, and some of the older pokemon are being lost and forgotten by the fans. I realized the other day that I had completely forgotten about pokemon like Dunsparce and Walrein, for example; this would explain the Mega forms very well. So now they are trying to limit the actual amount of new pokemon, while still filling in the basic format - the Starter-Class, the token bird (Fletchling), rat (Bunnelby), and Pikachu (Dedenne), as well as the fossils (which is something they must have regretted dropping in Gen II), and at least few dozen other pokemon, which include at lease one new line in each type as a bare minimum.

At this rate, I'll be happy with this group as long as they include a Pseudo-Legendary (which I think may be Goomy), a Legendary trio, a Z mascot, and a Legendary Faerie.

Let's not forget that Pokemon is a massively wealthy franchise. If they wanted to put out 130+ new pokemon and 50+ Mega-Evolutions, they could have. This is more like an auxiliary generation than anything, to introduce the new type, and the concept of Mega-Evolutions. Perhaps Generation VII is closer than we think?

Edit: I started writing this before Mason made his post. I am disappointed by the lack of the new trio. They definitely could have brought the Kami trio of the Musketeer trio over. Do the birds at least evolve. And is Mewtwo/Mew involved in the regional dex?

This is a blatant callback to Generation I, by the way, just in case no one noticed…\s

So, where is everyone getting this information? Not that I don't trust it all…but I'm too impatient to wait a week to confirm these with my own eyes. As far as I can tell, these are all simply rumors.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next