It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Mega Evolutions 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Overall, the mega-evolutions are hit and miss for me. Absol is awesome, a bunch are ok, and the Mewtwo ones irritate me to no end.

I guess you don't understand what hit and miss means because if you did, you would either love them or hate them, not think that a bunch are ok.

People are overreacting about the Mewtwo thing. Its Mega Evolutions will be focused on in the beginning of the Kalos saga probably and then that's it. If you don't like them, just don't use them. Same with any other multi-formed Pokemon. As much as changes towards the original 151 Pokemon are scary, they've been around in a constantly changing franchise for over a decade and a half so change is inevitable. If it wasn't for change, each Pokemon would be limited to 8 moves via level up. So take a deep breath and stay positive.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know, don't freak out about Mega Mewtwo. keep clam and hope for Gardevoir Megas.

But how can I keep from laughing at Mewtwo when he has pulled off his tail and taped it to his head? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:33 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

CuteKirlia wrote:
But how can I keep from laughing at Mewtwo when he has pulled off his tail and taped it to his head? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IT'S. NOT. THE. SAME. TAIL.
His tail disappeared and he grew a DIFFERENT tail-like appendage out of his head. Please stop acting like "DURHURHURHUR HIS BUTT IS ON HIS HED NOW LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I BET POOPING IS AWKWARD"

I'm pretty sure this has gone onto my list of pet peeves for Pokemon design discussions.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
CuteKirlia wrote:

IT'S. NOT. THE. SAME. TAIL.
His tail disappeared and he grew a DIFFERENT tail-like appendage out of his head. Please stop acting like "DURHURHURHUR HIS BUTT IS ON HIS HED NOW LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I BET POOPING IS AWKWARD"

I'm pretty sure this has gone onto my list of pet peeves for Pokemon design discussions.

You have to admit that at first glance, it looks like that's exactly what they did. I thought that at first, and I was horrified. Now, I like it. Not as much as the original, of course, but I was undecided about which of the two I was going to play, but now I'm leaning towards Y. Unless something I deem more important is X exclusive, that is… It's the X-forme that bothers me, but I'll get used to it.

I don't think we've really seen anything yet, as far as horrifying legendary transformations are concerned. I highly doubt that Mewtwo will be the only one to receive one; two, maybe, but not one. His design is still rather basic.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I love how new ideas are apparently running out of ideas, while keeping it the same is also running out of ideas. If you want to play the original games then play the original games but I refuse to believe that a game about evolution is being back by people not letting it evolve. I LOVE the Mega Evolutions. I think it's super fresh for a Pokemon game and it's going to significantly change the feel and I'm going to play the hell out of it.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

vaporterra wrote:
Quote:
Overall, the mega-evolutions are hit and miss for me. Absol is awesome, a bunch are ok, and the Mewtwo ones irritate me to no end.

I guess you don't understand what hit and miss means because if you did, you would either love them or hate them, not think that a bunch are ok.

People are overreacting about the Mewtwo thing. Its Mega Evolutions will be focused on in the beginning of the Kalos saga probably and then that's it. If you don't like them, just don't use them. Same with any other multi-formed Pokemon. As much as changes towards the original 151 Pokemon are scary, they've been around in a constantly changing franchise for over a decade and a half so change is inevitable. If it wasn't for change, each Pokemon would be limited to 8 moves via level up. So take a deep breath and stay positive.

"Ok" for me=average, neither like nor dislike, thus can count as null. Which leaves the one I really like, and the ones that I really don't like, also known as "hit or miss". Of course, that sentence is totally redundant because "hit or miss" does not mean "love or hate". It's not a black and white (haha cuz Gen 5...) phrase.

I agree with your second paragraph though. :)

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Other fan reviews and interviews have revealed that Pokemon get experience after battles in which wild Pokemon are captured, and that Gamefreak has confirmed NO Kalos Pokemon will receive Mega Evolutions.

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, we now know who ISNT getting any Mega's. But on the other hand, that is....kinda like 1/6 of the Pokemon that aren't even getting the chance to have one. BUT, on the other hand (the invisible one), at least that does mean we arent going to be getting a boat load of megas.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wait a minute... No Kalos Pokeman?

But what about the starters? I thought they all got one. And will this affect the chance of getting a Guardivoir Mega? Upped chance, or lowered?

Great Giratina, Gamefreak, just tell me what you're doing with these poor pokemon.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you consider that if Kalos pokemon were introduced with mega-evolutions, then not only would the original pokemon be overshadowed, but the ones who would be have future potential and real evolutions would be unable to evolve. I can no longer see Mawile or Absol being capable of real evolution because of their mega-forms. In that sense, Kalos pokemon not having Mega-Evolutions makes sense too me. I would be very surprised if Gen VII did not introduce more mega-evolutions at this point.

I don't think they would discriminate which pokemon received mega-evolutions whether Gen VI received them or not. Regardless, I still expect Gardevoir, as well as Gallade, and all prior starter class pokemon to receive mega-evolutions.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kiga wrote:
If you consider that if Kalos pokemon were introduced with mega-evolutions, then not only would the original pokemon be overshadowed, but the ones who would be have future potential and real evolutions would be unable to evolve. I can no longer see Mawile or Absol being capable of real evolution because of their mega-forms. In that sense, Kalos pokemon not having Mega-Evolutions makes sense too me. I would be very surprised if Gen VII did not introduce more mega-evolutions at this point.

I don't think they would discriminate which pokemon received mega-evolutions whether Gen VI received them or not. Regardless, I still expect Gardevoir, as well as Gallade, and all prior starter class pokemon to receive mega-evolutions.

Ok, That actually makes alot of sense. Giving a mega evolution to a Gen 6 Pokemon would mean they dont have a future to evolve, while giving Mega's to Past Pokemon, to give them some time in the lime light is a really good idea.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:40 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think the fact that you have to give up a held item to Mega-Evolve, plus potentially breathing life into some previously forgotten monsters can only be a good thing. They aren't overpowered and brings more diversity to the game.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There's a potential leak of an Aerodactly mega, I think a mega-evolution would be cool on a fossil pokemon. I found it on the pokebeach main page. But anyways, how awesome would mega-aerodactly be?

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

King_Charizard wrote:
There's a potential leak of an Aerodactly mega, I think a mega-evolution would be cool on a fossil pokemon. I found it on the pokebeach main page. But anyways, how awesome would mega-aerodactly be?

This would not surprise me, although Aerodactyl has always been more stand alone than Mawile. As long as they don't botch the design like they did for Garchomp, Mega-Aerodactyl would be pretty interesting. It, like Gyarados, could do well with a Dragon subtype, although this is not as likely to happen in the face of Mega-Charizard…though it's not like they'd get Drought or Drizzle, now, is it…?

…I just looked at the page you mentioned, and I have to say that I'm not too impressed…

The 'Final Froakie' form looks too angular compared to the first two of the line, and it's at an odd level. Normally, it seems, exhibitions and leaks like this set the standard level to be 50, though I could be wrong about this being a regularity. Level 66 and 63 just seem off to me. Not to mention that Extrasensory seems a bit out of place. And then the new bird, kinda, well, looks like it has feathers in the shape of a piece of female anatomy that just has to be too offensive to be real.

I could be wrong, and they could turn out to be real, but I won't believe it until Nintendo comes out and says they are. We are two weeks from the release, so we'll know soon enough, and people are excited anyway, which would increase the output of fakes.

Anyway, fake or not, I do like the prospect of a possible Mega-form of Aerodactyl (like this isn't true for most other pokemon anyway…). Aerodactyl doesn't need a real evolution in the first place, but it could use a boost like this.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

King_Charizard wrote:

No, not Aerodactyl :( (My 4th favorite pokemon)
I hope it at least don't look bad.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ehhh,I didnt see this so called "mega Aerodactyl". So I cant comment. I also cant comment on the supposed image of Froakie's Final Form, for the image was a bit too grainy for me. As for what I COULD make out, the one that looks like a Barnicle/Coral or whatever, interests me. As for the image that Kiga is refering to I can say two things if it is real:

1) That is poor placement/"proof checking" on Nintendo's part.

2) This may cause a lot of people to blow this WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion.

Of course this is ONLY IF THESE IMAGES ARE TRUE. I take any thing that isnt posted by a High ranking Psypokian on Psypokes with a Grain of salt. (but even then, I still take it with a grain of salt.)

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mega. Charizard. X.

Why. Why was it so easy to assume that Mewtwo would be the only one with two forms? Of course the Shiny Forms are going to receive individual Mega Evolutions of their own, right? I think that, at this rate, X and Y will have individual sets of Mega Forms. Mewtwo X was one thing, they could explain that off as being a legendary that they were trying to bring into the fold of a storyline. Charizard X too? If this happens with every pokemon that receives a Mega Form, then I think that it will limit the amount of pokemon that receive them. Either that, or the number of new Kalos pokemon. I guess it depends on how fast they could produce the new forms and new pokemon. It might actually explain some of the 'bad' designs like Garchomp, Mewtwo (X and Y), and Blastoise, if they were rushing. Hell, would even explain the apparent 'laziness' of the Ampharos and Kangaskhan forms.

As for the design itself, well, I kind of like it. Not as much as Charizard Y, but it's not bad. I don't like the wings, though. They don't seem like they would be able to support its weight in flight. It just seems kind of uninspired. It's black, he has a few spines, new wings, tusks of flame, and shoulder thorns. Other than that, it's the same Charizard we all know and love. Oh, and its horns are pointed and tipped in blue. It's a nice design, but aside from the color scheme, there was nothing done at all to the arms and lower body.

But they did get one thing right! This thing is Dragon! Maybe they threw it together at the last moment at the public outcry that Charizard Y wasn't Dragon?

…On the other hand, if there is an X form and a Y form for each Mega Pokemon, then imagine the consequences this will have for the meta game. Not only do you not know which pokemon your opponent is going to evolve, but you don't know what it will evolve into. Very interesting.

Heh, Porygon-Z X and Porygon-Z Y...

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mega Charizard X

Forever a Facepalm...

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:27 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
The main thing I am concerned about is the following;

1. Sceptile & Swampert do not yet have 1 Mega Form that was revealed yet but they give one to Blaziken.
2. After seeing Mega Mewtwo X & Mega Charizard X just now that the X Mega Formes focus more on Physical stats & the Y Formes focus more on Special stats so firmly may be true which I won't like.
3. That not 1 Kalos Pokemon has had a Mega Forme(or at least had one revealed).
4. That the X Mega Formes are probably going to be better off in general outside of appearance(this is just rushed speculation though so...)(Part of why I mention this one is that both Y Mega Formes have their original typing while the X Mega Formes have not only new & imo better typing but also more interesting stat changes & abilities).
5. That some pokemon who really need them will be left out most likely in favor of pokemon who don't even need them.

I overall find the concept of Mega Formes inviting but some of the Mega Forme Pokemon just seem like they did TOO much in regards to powering them up & leaves me with a concern for the meta one way or the other. I hope Venusaur mainly but Blastoise as well acquire X Mega Formes like Charizard did I mean really. Lastly, Charizard isn't shiny in it's X Mega Forme, it's natural color just changed is all which leaves me to question it's Shiny Color...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:

It's already been stated that no Kalos pokemon will have a Mega Form.

Lawrence Codye wrote:
5. That some pokemon who really need them will be left out most likely in favor of pokemon who don't even need them.

This is similar to Frost's disappointment with the lack of benefits for Ice types. I agree some pokemon are going to be ignored when it comes to Mega forms, similar to the way Ice is unfavored, and it would be nice to see good things happen for both cases, but Pokemon isn't perfect, and Nintendo can't be fair to every pokemon and keep the game balanced. Some pokemon are just going to draw the short straw. They do have some idea of what they are doing.

Lawrence Codye wrote:
Lastly, Charizard isn't shiny in it's X Mega Forme, it's natural color just changed is all which leaves me to question it's Shiny Color...

Yes, I know that Charizard X is a Charizard turned Shiny upon evolution, but first impressions are important. My first impression when I saw it was that it was a confirmation that Mega Pokemon will retain similar Shiny schemes. Then I saw the tusks.

Charizard X is Black. Shiny Charizard is Black. It is not unfair to say that there aren't similarities.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:06 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Game Freak releases a pretty cool take on Charizard, and people immediately start complaining about the design. Why am I not surprised? "Uninspired" ought to be erased from the English language. Pokemon critics use it so often, it might as well have no meaning at all.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kurushel wrote:
Game Freak releases a pretty cool take on Charizard, and people immediately start complaining about the design. Why am I not surprised? "Uninspired" ought to be erased from the English language. Pokemon critics use it so often, it might as well have no meaning at all.

I like it, I actually said that I like it, but it just seems uninspired compared to Charizard Y to me. As I said, they didn't do anything to the lower half, including the arms, except change the color scheme. I just like the slimmer design of Y, combined with the ridges, compared to the design of X. I just have a problem with the wings, really. They aren't as draconic, and seem more avian, despite this form actually being a dragon type. They certainly don't look like they'd be able to support his weight.

Despite Drought, I think the X design will be more common than the Y design, because it isn't completely crippled by Stealth Rock. Sure, now its hit by Ground, but Ice and Fairy are cancelled out by Fire, while Water is cancelled by Dragon. X is the practical aspect, Y is the superficial aspect. They both have use somewhere.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:40 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Congratulations, Charizard.

I'd say you sucked a little less than you did before, but you caved and sucked the genwunner fanbase's collective [removed].

So now Charizard sucks more and sucks less. A little.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My first thought: HOLY FREAKIN COW HE LOOKS SWEET AND HE FINALLY HAS A DRAGON TYPING!!! (at first I kinda thought Ice, :shock: OO)

My Second though: DANG IT! I ALREADY PRE-ORDERED Y!

I actually like this design. It might NOT be as dragon looking as the Y version, But still very Cool.

As for whats looking like 2 mega evolutions per Pokemon based on which Gen.... Well It does give it some Diversity and does make the differences between the two gens greater and opens more doors to movesets......But I do feel like its KIND of overdoing it.

As for the people saying these designs are "uninspired": Most of the desings so far seem to be very Insipered, And I highly DOUBT that THEY ( and they know who they are) Could do better.

I mean look at nature, ONE difference within a group of animals is enough to make it a new species. Some people need to get there head out of wherever they stuck it and open there mind some more.

Lawence Codye wrote:
1. Sceptile & Swampert do not yet have 1 Mega Form that was revealed yet but they give one to Blaziken.

That may be true, But lets face it, they cant reveal ALL the pokemon getting Mega forms before the game is released, they gotta hold SOME things back right?

Lawence Codye wrote:

It has been confirmed that no Kalos Pokemon are Getting Mega's (as stated by Kiga). I was also confused about this at first, but look at it this way. If a Kalos Pokemon got a Mega, that pretty much closes the door on it getting an evolution in later Gens right?

I again state, that the topic of Mega-evolutions is gonna make some people Rage, while others are gonna be open to the idea. So lets not get our tidy-whiteys all bunched up in a knot now.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The new Charizard is NOT BAD I guess, a recoloring is nice.

Oh, and I recolored on of those Charizard some times ago, and removed the flame on the tail.
Looks like a legendary with some Charizard traits.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Actually, it does look like a legendary now... Huh.
I like Charizard so very much better now, it looks like a DRAGON! Aw, Dialga-darn it. Now I'm going to have a mostly Fire type team, what with Fennikin, Charmander, and Litleo that I want to catch/obtain. Not to mention the baby chicken.
Glad to see no noobs Outraging on the Whipped Cream and Cotton Candy pokemon. Think I'll catch those too. And Spritzee, and... Oh goodness, I might need this Pokebank after all. I WAN TO CATCH THEM ALL!
Except Chespin. Ugly.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next