Poll ended at Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:00 pm
Bulbasaur 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Charizard 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8

Ash's Pokemon Competition 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{squirtle} {charizard} / {ambipom} {noctowl}

Squirtle is the best starter ever. 'Nuff said.

Charizard came back recently in BWaB, that made me happy. He must stay.

Ambipom... Don't really care for it...

NOCTOWL, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO STAY SHINY! WHY DID YOU- *cough* Oh, sorry... uh, yeah... First important shiny in the ETIRE anime reverts back to a normal in Sinnoh...? Why?!

XD Yup...

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright it's been long enough and time to tally the results
Positive votes: Bulbasaur: 1 Charizard: 5 Squirtle: 1 Butterfee: 1 Snorlax: 1 Bayleef: 2 Heracross: 1 Torterra: 1 Leavanny: 1
Negative votes: Squirtle: 1 Tauros: 2 Bayleef: 1 Noctowl: 1 Torkoal: 1 Ambipom: 6 Gliscor: 1 Oshawott: 1

Charizard and Bayleef win immunity!
And this is it for Ambipom and Tauros. Ambipom gets 37th place and Tauros gets 36th. Let's just briefly look at the casualties so far in the competition
41st Pignite 40th Muk 39th Glalie 38th Haunter 37th Ambipom 36th Tauros

35 Pokemon are left. Charizard and Bayleef are safe but these 33 Pokemon can receive your votes
Boldore
{buizel}
{bulbasaur}
{butterfree}
{corphish}
{donphan}
{gible}
{gliscor}
{heracross}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
{lapras}
{larvitar}
Leavanny
{noctowl}
Oshawott
Palpitoad
{pidgeot}
{pikachu}
{primeape}
{quilava}
{sceptile}
Scraggy
Snivy
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{staraptor}
{swellow}
{torkoal}
{torterra}
{totodile}
Unfezant

Vote for two Pokemon to get immunity, vote for two Pokemon to be eliminated. Include explanations. I'll try to end this before October starts. Continue to vote and spread the word.

My vote
Immunity: Bulbasaur and Quilava; two of Ash's most lovable Pokemon IMO
Elimination: Larvitar and Gliscor; Larvitar was meh to me (didn't find him too interesting and those episodes with him were mostly not too great for me) and I explained Gliscor already.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:14 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Thebluepik1 wrote:
Oh, sorry... uh, yeah... First important shiny in the ETIRE anime reverts back to a normal in Sinnoh...? Why?!

What...?

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
Thebluepik1 wrote:
Oh, sorry... uh, yeah... First important shiny in the ETIRE anime reverts back to a normal in Sinnoh...? Why?!

What...?

I was told that Ash's Noctowl WAS shiny, but Oak told him one day that it reverted back to normal somehow.

When I was told, I was just so upset, I swear I would have cried if I had actually watched Noctowl in action. I never really watch the anime, but I do like the season-long transition from Hoenn to Sinnoh in 'Battle Frontier'.

XD Yup...

Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:03 am
THE POWER IS ON!

He's still shiny. He only appeared in two episodes of DP and the artists specifically gave him a new shiny entrance animation (above) in one of those two DP episodes.

This was his only appearance in BW and as you can see, he's still Shiny there too. You were told incorrect information.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Praise be to Noctowl, Ash's rarest bird. I miss it. I still have hope, not much, but hope that Noctowl may one day rejoin Ash. After all, Cyndaquil did (eventually) evolve, and Charizard managed to escape from the bus, for however a short amount of time.

Anyway:

Squirtle - Bulbasaur / Unfezant - Palpitoed

Again, two childhood favorites, and two of Ash's strongest, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad that Ash consistently trained more than six pokemon in Unova, and I hope it's a trend that keeps up, but…I honestly don't care much for these two.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Leavanny - Noctowl / Squirtle - Sceptile
Love with little reason - Favorite Kanto pokemon / I liked Bulba better - It should never had evolved.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{pikachu}+{torterra}/{primeape}/{leavanny}

Already explained why/ Ash had a Primeape, Not a fan.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright now for the final round to start in the month of September.

Immunity Votes: 2 Bulbasaur 1 Squirtle 1 Pikachu 1 Quilava 1 Noctowl 1 Torterra 1 Leavanny
Elimination Votes: 1 Squirtle 1 Primeape 1 Larvitar 1 Sceptile 1 Gliscor 1 Unfezant 1 Palpitoad 1 Leavanny

Really wished more people voted. Then maybe it wouldn't be so spread out. Didn't help that Frost and thebluepik1 came by without voting. So only 1 Pokemon wins immunity this round and that is Bulbasaur.

As for the elimination votes. Since Squirtle and Leavanny got an immunity vote, they're safe. Now we look at the votes each Pokemon received previously
Primeape: 2
Larvitar: 1
Sceptile: 0
Gliscor: 2
Unfezant: 1
Palpitoad: 0

With that, Primeape and Gliscor are out. Since Primeape has overall had a less vital role in the anime than Gliscor I'm giving Primeape 35th place and Gliscor 34th place.

The next round starts now. 33 Pokemon remain. With Bulbasaur immune, only 32 are eligible to be voted for. Here are the remaining Pokemon

{bayleef}
Boldore
{buizel}
{butterfree}
{charizard}
{corphish}
{donphan}
{gible}
{heracross}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
{lapras}
{larvitar}
Leavanny
{noctowl}
Oshawott
Palpitoad
{pidgeot}
{pikachu}
{quilava}
{sceptile}
Scraggy
Snivy
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{staraptor}
{swellow}
{torkoal}
{torterra}
{totodile}
Unfezant

Immunity Vote: Kingler and Scraggy. Kingler single clawdedly won Ash's first Pokemon League match despite having no battle experience before. Also Scraggy because I just like him and I like the effort Ash put into making Scraggy stronger.

Elimination Vote: Torkoal and Palpitoad. They never really stood out for me and if Ash had to select a team of 6 out of his existing Pokemon pool to start a new journey, I see them as mid to low priority. Sorry :/

Let's see how voting goes after 3-4 more days. At least 7 to 8 voters would be great.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Leavanny - Noctowl / Sceptile - Heracross
My absolute favorite out of Ash's pokemon, ever. - An awesome shiny with the Psychic typage, of course I love it. / It annoyed me when it had to evolve, even if he had evolved in the name of love. Or having to do with love or something, I forgot. - Just... It tries to eat Bulbasaur. Not litterally, but it looks like it, when it tries to drink it's nectar, and that sort of weirds me out for some reason. I like Barry's Heracorss better, in any case.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Bulbasaur - Sceptile / Palpitoed - Torkoal

Again, Kanto favorites, and all that. Sceptile is the only one from the Hoenn team that I like, and he's Ash's second strongest. Krookodile and Leavanny, or even Infernape and Torterra don't compare in my mind. He is second only to Charizard.

I don't like these two anyway, and if it helps the round go by quicker, then sure.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:50 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Kiga wrote:
Sceptile is the only one from the Hoenn team that I like, and he's Ash's second strongest. He is second only to Charizard.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:35 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost wrote:
Kiga wrote:
Sceptile is the only one from the Hoenn team that I like, and he's Ash's second strongest. He is second only to Charizard.

Sadly, Pikachu is Number 3 on my list. Maybe if he and Charizard fought seriously, I might update it? …He might be Number 2, now that I think about it. Charizard trained the whole time he was away. As far as I know, Sceptile hasn't. At least not on the level that Charizard and Pikachu have, anyway. Meh. I'll think about it.

Cute picture, though =)

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost why don't you just vote instead of criticizing other people's votes? As much as I enjoy that criticism because you have an interesting way of communicating that criticism, the more votes I can get the better. :)

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I could vote for Frost. :D

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Noctowl - Butterfree / Snivy - oshawott
Obvious reason :mrgreen:

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright another round draws to a close.

Votes for immunity: 1 Bulbasaur 1 Butterfree 1 Sceptile 1 Kingler 2 Noctowl 1 Leavanny 1 Scraggy
Votes for elimination: 1 Heracross 1 Sceptile 1 Snivy 1 Oshawott 2 Torkoal 2 Palpitoad

So immunity goes to Noctowl for the next round. Torkoal and Palpitoad are eliminated. It was tough deciding who should get the lower place since although Torkoal was used more often than Palpitoad, Ash didn't rotate Pokemon in Hoenn and Palpitoad lost less battles than Torkoal. Torkoal gets 33rd place and Palpitoad gets 32nd place.

Now for the next round. 31 Pokemon remain but Noctowl is safe so only 30 options for the voting.
{bayleef}
Boldore
{buizel}
{bulbasaur}
{butterfree}
{charizard}
{corphish}
{donphan}
{gible}
{heracross}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
{lapras}
{larvitar}
Leavanny
Oshawott
{pidgeot}
{pikachu}
{quilava}
{sceptile}
Scraggy
Snivy
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{staraptor}
{swellow}
{torterra}
{totodile}
Unfezant

So yeah same format. Get voting.
Immunity votes: Infernape and Lapras because I think they're cool Pokemon that had good storylines in the anime
Elimination votes: Larvitar and Gible. Larvitar is not really officially one of Ash's Pokemon and not too memorable IMO and Gible is like the least memorable from Ash's Sinnoh team. It had some good moments but not that much to make me a big fan of it.

This round ends on October 7th. At least 6 votes hopefully...please

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sceptile - Snivy / Buizel - Boldore

I've already mentioned Sceptile before, and the reasons still apply. Despite my comparison of him to Pikachu, he did take out one of Tobias' legendaries as well as Pikachu. As for Snivy, I watched the first few Episodes of Best Wishes in Japanese, to see if the show was any better in sub, rather than dub. Sadly, it seems that 4Kids does not need to go that far to translate. But, from what few episodes I did watch, I did like Snivy.

Buizel is the standout his Sinnoh team as the one who did not evolve. Would Gabite have been nice? Sure. But Gible was almost a last moment capture, and Buizel was received from Dawn prior to Veilstone. Do I like Buizel? Sure. But he stands out to me for this reason, as well. Boldore is just kind of boring to me. Yes, it would have made Brock proud that Ash finally caught a rock type, but it's still boring.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{pickachu}-{charizard}/{unfeazent}-{swellow}

Already meantioned the first two.

As for the other two.....Im just not a fan of them, for me they are he most boring of Ash's Flying Pokemon.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{lapras} {swellow} / snivy oshawott
Same obvious reasons as before.

I changed Noctowl for Lapras.

Last edited by GhostPony750 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Leavanny - Pikachu / Sceptile - Heracross
My absolute favorite out of Ash's pokemon, ever. - Ash would be no better than Joey without Pikachu. He might actualy go insane and claim his, I dunno, maybe Totodile is in the top percentage of Totodile or something. He just would not be ASH. / It annoyed me when it had to evolve, even if he had evolved in the name of love. Or having to do with love or something, I forgot. - Just... It tries to eat Bulbasaur. Not litterally, but it looks like it, when it tries to drink it's nectar, and that sort of weirds me out for some reason. I like Barry's Heracross better, in any case. (Yes, I've pretty much repated myself)

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
It tries to eat Bulbasaur. Not litterally, but it looks like it, when it tries to drink it's nectar, and that sort of weirds me out for some reason.

I seem to recall various rape jokes going around that involved Heracross and Bulbasaur, at the time. Maybe you subconsciously pick up one them, and that's why it weirds you out.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

:shock: Never heard, never needed to know. Now it utterly creeps me out... Forever and always...

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
:shock: Never heard, never needed to know. Now it utterly creeps me out... Forever and always...

Yeah…welcome to the thoughts of eleven to twelve year old kids on an unsupervised Cincinnati school bus, circa ~2002. Pretty frightening, isn't it? I doubt half of them even knew what that meant in the first place…

I feel bad now, for ruining your image of Heracross...

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

'Tis alright. You did not mean to, and while I am nowhere near mature, I can sort of force myself to forget... creepy things. I don't like Heracross anyways, except maybe Barry's as I stated beofer.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next