It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Psypoke Nuzlocke Stream: Ninja Saturday Stream is a GO! 

Would you watch a Psypoke Nuzlocke stream?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I want to hear R_R weep when he loses his starter 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6

Psypoke Nuzlocke Stream: Ninja Saturday Stream is a GO! 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Hello Psypokians! I'm sure many of you are familiar with the infamous Nuzlocke Challenge that people like to play by to make their Pokemon games more intense and thrilling. I recently did one myself and it was a good deal of fun and hard to see great teammates fall.

So!

I was wondering if some of the Psypoke community would be interested in a "Psypoke Nuzlocke" that you could watch, live! It'd be on certain days and run at specific times (I'm thinking maybe 2 hours-ish+ max on scheduled nights if it happened). Laugh at odd team combinations, rage at annoying opponents, and weep at teammate losses. Everything that is a bumpy Nuzlocke run, hosted by yours truly!

I've been away from Psypoke for a long while so I figured something like this might be interesting and fun to share with the community. If there's not that much interest, it's all good. But if it's something people think they might watch, I'd be delighted to give it a shot. Make a vote in the included poll, or post opinions/thoughts, I'd like to hear them! :)

======================================================
Update/Edit: Doing a late-notice run tonight (Saturday)!

Stream will be broadcasted at http://www.twitch.tv/caver_ted soon.

Last edited by Registeel_Rocks on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

livestreams are great fun :D

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm game. I fail at Nuzlockes myself, and I'd like to see how a reall one is done.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Alright! I was considering trying out a test / pilot run this Friday evening (Sept. 20th). I'm thinking 6pm CST - 8pm CST range maybe. I'll be on #psypoke if things go as planned!

Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sounds like a cool idea I'd watch it

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you're saying 2 hours+ per episode, then I definitely would not watch it, or I might skip through most if it. 2 hours is too long to watch someone playing a video game, unless there was something else like amusing commentary and/or chat on the side (maybe using ventrilo). Even then, 2 hours straight is a large chunk of time to be spending on anything. My main problem with something like this is the lack of time. I might stop by and watch a bit, but not the whole thing.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Alright, I'll be doing the test pilot run tonight at 6pm CST as planned (about an hour and a half from now)! Here is my channel URL:

http://www.twitch.tv/caver_ted

Depending on how things go I may end earlier/go a bit later, or if technical difficulties occur there may be delay/cancellation. Hopefully will be smooth!

Different55 wrote:
If you're saying 2 hours+ per episode, then I definitely would not watch it, or I might skip through most if it. 2 hours is too long to watch someone playing a video game, unless there was something else like amusing commentary and/or chat on the side (maybe using ventrilo). Even then, 2 hours straight is a large chunk of time to be spending on anything. My main problem with something like this is the lack of time. I might stop by and watch a bit, but not the whole thing.

Well I will be 'attempting' commentary as I play to add some meager entertainment value, however this is mostly just for fun and I don't expect lots of viewers / people to stay for the whole duration. Anyone is free to drop in / out as they wish, and a nice thing about streams is you can set them up in a side window and do other stuff while you watch here and there. :) Additionally, I think I'll see about possibly having these recorded so people can watch them later at leisure / skip around.

I'll be in #psypoke IRC chat in addition to being able to see my channel chat!

Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

THIS IS A WONDERFUL TIME YOU SHOULD ALL COME BY

Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:11 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well! The first run seemed to be a good success. I had a lot of fun streaming and commentating as I played. I ended up playing from ~6pm CST til a bit past 10pm CST, way past my original estimate. I think I'll just leave 'end time' as unspecified and play until I find a decent point to break.

I'm -considering- doing another stream tomorrow night, but that's up in the air. If I do I'll post again with an estimated start time.

As for those who were unable to watch or only popped in for certain periods, here is a summary of the first "episode"!
=============
Synopsis 9/20/13
=============
Episode I: The Perilous Journey Begins
Today I began my Nuzlocke journey of Pokemon FireRed. I rolled a die to determine my starter; I ended up with my favorite of the three, Squirtle. After delivering Oak's Parcel, I forgot I was already given the first 5 Pokeballs. Killed a Pidgey on Route 1 (first encounter after pokeball access, which I set for myself as valid start of the 'must catch first new pokemon' rule) by mistake thinking I didn't have the pokeballs yet. A stupid but hilarious error.

I made up for it by catching a Rattata on Route 22 and a Pidgey on Route 2. Upon reaching Viridian Forest, I was disappointed my first encounter of the area was Weedle. Even worse, immediately after I encountered a Caterpie, and then a Pikachu. I was sore about that one.

My Squirtle destroyed Brock very easily. Had no troubles with him.

Route 3 had numerous trainers, including a Youngster that had an unexpected level 14 Spearow. Proved to be almost a threat, but was thankfully snuffed. My wild pokemon catch of the area was Nidoran (male), to which I was excited for; Nidoking is one of my favorite Pokemon.

Mt. Moon was a fairly long grind. Not surprisingly, Zubat was my encounter Pokemon. Normally, I'd be happy since Crobat is another favorite, but Golbat cannot evolve into Crobat until post Elite 4 in FRLG. ; ; Mt. Moon was not extremely eventful otherwise.

Route 4 saw the addition of Spearow and Route 5 brought Abra (after a brief discussion amongst viewers of what to do if Abra appeared; totally jinxed it), which I shockingly caught with the one Pokeball throw attempt. Sadly it will be unable to fully evolve into Alakazam due to it being a trade evolution, so it will remain in reserve for now with Spearow.

Nugget Bridge was not too difficult but required returns to the Pokemon Center. On route 6 my new pokemon was Oddish, to my glee. She quickly became a great asset to the team; I swapped my Beedrill out for her.

After leveling my whole team to 18, I decided it was time to take on Misty. Staryu proved to be easy prey; my Pidgeotto made quick work of it. Then came the issue enemy; Starmie. I swapped to Lilly, who I had Poison Starmie and begin to work on with Absorbs. Misty had Staryu spam Swift, which hurt a bit but could be curbed back by the Absorb recoveries. Unfortunately, the gods of luck turned on me and Starmie critical hit Swift, KO'ing Lilly. I was very upset. Wartortle managed to get Starmie near death, and it then died of the poisoning set by Oddish. Godspeed, you brave soul... I created a PC box, labeled "Heroes", to act as a graveyard for the fallen. After saying my goodbyes, it was time to reaffirm my goal, and with that I ended my progress for now.

================
Summary of Progress
================
Pokemon Obtained Today
{squirtle} female, "Nina"
{rattata} female, "Eliza"
{pidgey} female, "Plum"
{weedle} female, "Buzzy"
{nidoran m} male, "Brenner"
{zubat} male, "Kenji"
{spearow} female, "Emi"
{abra} male, "Valmont"
{oddish} female, "Lilly"

Pokemon Lost Today
{oddish} Lilly
Died to: Critical hit Swift from Misty's Starmie.
I was very saddened by this loss... was really liking Lilly. Had high hopes for her to be an awesome Vileplume. Alas, the dream was crushed and won't come to be. You served me well in your brief time; Godspeed.

Current Team
{beedrill} Buzzy Lv.16
{wartortle} Nina Lv.18
{nidorino} Brenner Lv.18
{pidgeotto} Plum Lv.18
{rattata} Eliza Lv.18
{zubat} Kenji Lv.18

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]