It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Mega Evolutions 
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Kurushel wrote:
Everyone is raging over mega evolutions, and I'm just sitting here looking for mega absol fan art.

I put 'mega absol' into Google Images and a lot of good stuff came up. If you aren't doing that already, you should.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:44 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It would seem I have failed at the "spiderman sitting at a desk" meme...

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:35 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
*cant be bothered reading the entire thread*

Dear whatever holiday deity that comes between now and October 12th,

This year, I want the following Mega Evolutions:

• Every Starter (because you've already ****ed up with Blaziken)

• Gogoat, also with a stylish wig like Ampharos (cuz he so sexii)

• Sneasel, with giant claws that are so big, he can't move (This is how it would probably end up with Sneasel's Mega Evo)

• Arbok, with acid spit, acid snot and acid... I don't want to go there (rinse and repeat with Sneasel going too far.

• And just about every other pokemon, either with a very stylish butt wig, or very over the top, disgusting features.

(Also, gtfo Mewtwo Mega Evo)

Thanks Kindly, James.

----

Yeah... BUTTHURT BOT is ready wight the ointment once the games come out and everyone whinges

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:33 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Kurushel wrote:
It would seem I have failed at the "spiderman sitting at a desk" meme...

Oh, I recognized it. I just frequently post non sequitur follow-ups.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:01 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

So as can be seen from this picture of demo play, Mega Evolution is not automatic when holding a Mega Stone but instead there is an option to activate it while picking moves. This likely means that Mega Evolving will take up a turn. This makes it akin to a stat boosting move except that the stat increase will (probably) be greater and you get a new beneficial type or ability (where applicable). The downside is that your item slot gets used up.

Also since the Mega Evolution must be activated when entering battle, I suspect that the Evolution gets reversed when the Pokemon switches out. All of this would effectively decrease the power or usefulness of the Mega Evolution and the choice to use it with some of the Pokemon may not be automatic.

A game play video shows you can use a move and Mega Evolve on the same turn.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I love Mega Charizard, it looks like a dragon!
Blastoise is disapointingly under-equiped. I'd wanted a much bigger cannon, but noooo, it's barely larger than a rocket launcher...
Venusaur's nice. Flower's also disappointingly small, but nice.

Wonder what Mega Infernape and Empoleon will look like? They've pretty much guaranteed that all starts get Megas now.

I think they need Mega Roserade and Luxray. And I've changed my mind about Mega Gallade and Gardevior, they need those too. That would be an EPIC onsomble!

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sice I posted in the wrong thread,I'll post it again here
GhostPony750 wrote:
Omg.

While Venusaur is good, and Charizard is acceptable, Blastoise is just a terrible mess!
Just look at him... :/

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mega-Charizard: HOLY COW! In my opinion, the best looking "mega Evolution" I've seen so far. Sooo, does he get the dragon typing now?

Mega-Blastoise: Looks really good, But I prefer Mega-Charizard over him, even though Blastoise looks like a really mean tank. His ability, seems rather interesting, and am kinda looking forward to seeing how I can use it.

Mega-Venusaur: Eh......Honestly, this ones currently on the bottom of my list. I just don't get that "awe-inspiring" Feeling when I look at him.

CuteKirlia wrote:

Wonder what Mega Infernape and Empoleon will look like? They've pretty much guaranteed that all starts get Megas now.

Im gonna have to agree with this. We have all the Kanto Starters and Blazikein, so I think it is safe to say that all starters are gonna have it.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:18 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

LOL at the cries I've seen on other forums of these Mega Evolutions being created to pander to Genwunners and try to get them to buy XY. Real Genwunners who care about nothing after RBY either wouldn't care/know about the announcement or would be outraged by this for defiling their favorites.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
LOL at the cries I've seen on other forums of these Mega Evolutions being created to pander to Genwunners and try to get them to buy XY. Real Genwunners who care about nothing after RBY either wouldn't care/know about the announcement or would be outraged by this for defiling their favorites.

Genwunners? Sorry, but Im not familiar with this term.

Im not really sure what the problem is with "mega evolutions" (Ive posted my two cents worth, not much point in typing it again).
This is looking like one of those "you either love it, or you hate it" things.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:
Genwunners? Sorry, but Im not familiar with this term.

Im not really sure what the problem is with "mega evolutions" (Ive posted my two cents worth, not much point in typing it again).
This is looking like one of those "you either love it, or you hate it" things.

Genwunners are people whom think Generation One is the FINAL say in pokemon. Anything that isn't from generation one, they think is horrible. :frustrated: Funny thing, I dislike Gen one, 'cept Sabrina and the Abra Evo. Line. Oh, and Mewtwo, but I don't like Mega Mewtwo.

I see no problem with Megas themselves. I think it's more of the fact that they gave a Legendary a Mega, that gives this dish a distinctly sour aroma. (Sorry, I've been watching the Pokemon Black/White TV show, and Cilan's fun to imitate!)
As to the "Love it or hate it" thing, it, again, depends on the pokemon you look at whether you like it or not. Mewtwo = hate, Absol = love. Lots of people just LOVE Absol like this! I know I do! They need to style Luxray like that.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

CuteKirlia wrote:
Blastoise is disapointingly under-equiped. I'd wanted a much bigger cannon, but noooo, it's barely larger than a rocket launcher...

Wait...what?

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:01 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

For Mega Blastoise, a giant machine gun turret that shot ****tons bubbles would have been hilarious.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Honestly, Mega-Blastoise looks like its some long lost relative of the King Koopa himself… Although, I have to say that do I love Mega-Charizard.

As the Kanto starters have proven, Starter Pokemon are among the most famous of pokemon, along with the likes of Lucario, Mewtwo, and… Pikachu. Pikachu notwithstanding, I would be very surprised if we don't see Megalutions for all of the starters. Maybe even one for Raichu.

As for Mega-Mewtwo, well there is an Uber tier, why would it be unthought of that there might a number of Mega-Ubers when competitive teams will undoubtedly have a Mega pokemon on their teams?

What I want to know is, did they give Ash Charizard back so he can have a legitimate mega pokemon, or will there be some ungodly Mega-Pikachu roaming around the show a year from now?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kiga wrote:
As for Mega-Mewtwo, well there is an Uber tier, why would it be unthought of that there might a number of Mega-Ubers when competitive teams will undoubtedly have a Mega pokemon on their teams?

Yeeaah, but Megamewtwo looks awful. Looks like he pulled off his tail and is wearing it as a hat. If they made him look cool, I would have been like, "Oh Yeah!" even though I don't have a good Mewtwo. Don't ask about the bad one.

GIVE ME A MEGA LUXRAY!
(Sorry for the outburst.)

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
Yeeaah, but Megamewtwo looks awful. Looks like he pulled off his tail and is wearing it as a hat. If they made him look cool, I would have been like, "Oh Yeah!" even though I don't have a good Mewtwo. Don't ask about the bad one.

GIVE ME A MEGA LUXRAY!
(Sorry for the outburst.)

…Yeah, I'll give you that. I don't quite know what they were hoping to accomplish there, and unless his "tail" can turn an entire cities population into candy bars, I don't quite think they succeeded…

It isn't the best, but in the long run, it probably won't be the worst. If they can screw up Mewtwo's admittedly basic design, what will Mega-Ho-oh (oh, the hyphens…) or Mega-Groudon look like? What if they make a Mega-Kyurem fusion? ugghh….

I'm with you on Gardevoir and Luxray though! And maybe, being a Fairy type now, Gardevoir can finally find a niche!

Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:23 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
Mega-Charizard: HOLY COW! In my opinion, the best looking "mega Evolution" I've seen so far. Sooo, does he get the dragon typing now?

Nope:

Mega-Venusaur: Grass/Poison; Thick Fat
Mega-Charizard: Fire/Flying; Drought
Mega-Blastoise: Water; Mega Launcher

Types remain the same. Abilities are changed.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DNA wrote:
Quote:

Nope:

Mega-Venusaur: Grass/Poison; Thick Fat
Mega-Charizard: Fire/Flying; Drought
Mega-Blastoise: Water; Mega Launcher

Types remain the same. Abilities are changed.

DRATS!.....Still I think he is the best looking "Mega Evolution" so far. Although, to be kinda honest, not to happy about drought being his ability. But that's just me, and its really a minor thing if you look at it.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:53 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GofD wrote:
Although, to be kinda honest, not to happy about drought being his ability. But that's just me, and its really a minor thing if you look at it.

Drought alone will probably bring Charizard from NU in Gen 5 to OU in Gen 6, even with its defensively poor Fire/Flying typing. The stat boosts will almost guarantee it.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mega Mewtwo? He's cool, but Mewtwo...
{mewtwo} Really? Must I say it?
The guy's tail is his d***.

XD Yup...

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cherrygrove wrote:
GofD wrote:
Although, to be kinda honest, not to happy about drought being his ability. But that's just me, and its really a minor thing if you look at it.

Drought alone will probably bring Charizard from NU in Gen 5 to OU in Gen 6, even with its defensively poor Fire/Flying typing. The stat boosts will almost guarantee it.

Mah… It might be too early to put him in OU. Drought plus a boosted special attack might look good on paper, but depending on what happens with Ninetales, or if anyone else is given Drought, they might outrank him. My impression was that Stealth Rock was Charizard's Achilles' Heal, and I don't see why that would change. Honestly, it might have been better to have replaced the Flying subtype with a Dragon subtype over Drought, and Dragon simply because its the only other type that personifies Charizard. That being said, we don't know everything now, so we'll just have to wait and see; this is just my opinion with the information we have. I would love to see Charizard get that opportunity, he has always been a favorite of mine.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:16 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Thebluepik1 wrote:
Mega Mewtwo? He's cool, but Mewtwo...
{mewtwo} Really? Must I say it?
The guy's tail is his d***.

are you one of those people that insists that the vanillite family is made of ice cream just because it looks like ice cream

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Someone came up with "genwunner", and I'm quite unhappy about this.
I personaly like the first generation the most. So what comes in your mind first?
Genwunner, obviously. So well, I also like the 2nd and 3rd generation, and some of the new designs are great. (6th Gen only, 4th and 5th I didn't like them.)
Anyway... let's forget this word that is not in the dictionary.

So well, anyone thought of what these mega Pokemon will look like when shiny?

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:19 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GhostPony750 wrote:
Someone came up with "genwunner", and I'm quite unhappy about this.
I personaly like the first generation the most. So what comes in your mind first?
Genwunner, obviously. So well, I also like the 2nd and 3rd generation, and some of the new designs are great. (6th Gen only, 4th and 5th I didn't like them.)
Anyway... let's forget this word that is not in the dictionary.

So well, anyone thought of what these mega Pokemon will look like when shiny?

"Genwunner" is not just someone who likes the first generation most. "Genwunners" are people that basically refuse to acknowledge anything past the first generation (or the second in some cases) or at least have extreme hatred toward anything past that. They act like the Kanto (and/or Johto) games were perfect in every way, then everything afterward ruined the series.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:34 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm a huge fan of cosmetic changes (Basculin, Sawsbuck, Gastrodon), sexual dimorphism (Jellicent and Frillish), different modes (Darmanitan) and alternate forms (legendaries) in Pokemon, so I'm really enjoying this new concept of Mega Evolutions... although I wouldn't personally refer to them as such, but that doesn't matter.

I especially like how they grant boosts/new abilities and are temporary effects (although I'd be more than happy to keep my Charizard forever the sleek, jagged beast it becomes as Mega). It sorta feels like an arena-restricted Power-Up; I'm actually glad the Pokemon need to be holding a particular item as well, to make things a little less easy.

Here's what I think of the Mega Evolutions revealed so far:

Mega Venusaur: Hmm, I don't know, it's nothing special. It feels a little bit like "Venusaur redrawn with more basic shapes", which isn't really much of an improvement. I don't know. Not that exciting.
Mega Charizard: Okay, now THIS one is awesome! I love how slim, jagged and pointy Charizard becomes! I'm not a big fan of Charizard, but Mega Charizard is BOSS.
Mega Blastoise: Uhh, this is probably the only one out of the Kanto trio that I truly dislike. It's like Blastoise gets a stupider face and a hunchback. Just... I don't know, not cool.

Mega Kangaskhan: It's cute that the baby is outta the pouch and ready for battle! But it just doesn't feel like a Mega Evolution, just something Kangaskahn should've always been able to do. I don't totally dislike it, but I don't fancy it either.
Mega Mewtwo: Phew, I'm glad it's not a normal evolution, and I'm sorta glad it's not an alternate form either (it really feels like giving alternates to legendaries is a new trend). I like this form, so I'm cool with it.

Mega Ampharos: Uhhnnggfff... Attaching a wig to Amphy's head doesn't make it any better. In fact, it makes it look stupider. Ampharos' design works because it's straightline and simple, no bumps or lumps, no spikes, or swirls or appendages of any sort. Mega Ampharos looks inelegant, unnecessary and just, well, pointless, with some random whirly (I admit the whirly property gets a bonus for being traditionally associated with eastern dragons) epic mane protruding from its head (although I do admit that also relates to the fact it's a sheep). However, I do like how Ampharos becomes an Electric/Dragon type and I like the fluffy tail and "pointy" ears/horns, so, instead of disliking it altogether I'll raise my vote to "neutral".

Mega Blaziken: Blaziken is very much boss on its own, and I don't really think it needed a Mega Evolution, but I won't complain since the design looks very sharp and neat to me. In fact, I'd have two Blaziken, if it would be possible for one to remain Mega, haha.
Mega Mawile: Yes! This one, Mega Mawile, is one of my favorite Mega Evolutions! It looks great, and gives Mawile a feel of "warrior princess", a trait I adore. Although the extra mouth really catches the eye, I love the pink "pants".
Mega Absol: Okay, I was a bit in doubt on this one, since it looked so much like a Sparkledog the first time I saw it. With better resolution now, I don't dislike it so much. I guess the wings kinda throw me off a little bit and confuses and clusters the design, but I like the "half-angel-half-demon" idea it emanates, so it's not so bad.

Mega Lucario: Hmm, I have to say I'm neutral on this one. I don't really like the spikes, and it feels like "Lucario wearing clothes" (I mean, more than before), but it's not THAT offensive. I'm indecisive towards the head appendages, as they now feel fragile and weak, for some reason (I guess it's the wobbly/noodly appearance).

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next