It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Rebuild the Battle Tower? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

With X/Y just around the corner, it seems that now would be the best time to reboot the Battle Tower Sub-forum since the current one is dead, out-of-date, and full of failed gyms/rating center etc. With the new games coming out there is typically a surge of new forumers coming to Psypoke and an updated sub-forum would definitely help retain new users to Psypoke in general.

Some things that should be changed/Updated.

-Most of the threads can be archived/deleted, Gen V relevant threads barely cover the first page. anything older is barely relevant to the meta anymore. PO listed 3k Adv OU and 7k HGSS OU battles June 2013 as opposed to 590k B2/W2 OU battles.

-Forum rules need changed plus updated to be more current and links updated. This applies to most stickies as well.

-Banlist would obviously be removed the first month of XY. But once the meta settles an up-to-date thread following Smogon/PO's banlist.

-Tournament/Battle request threads could be cleaned up.

-Rating center should just be removed, at least until there's enough life to run and maintain it. Just simply allow teams to be posted and warn/infract people posting bad teams and suggestions. This would likely draw more posts then anything else.

-Perhaps a Mod run tourney once a month on Wifi or PO/Showdown with Psybucks given as prizes.

These are just some of my thoughts on what would best improve the Battle tower for new users to navigate into the Pokemon meta and keep them here, posting and hopefully improving the community here.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:14 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MasonTheChef wrote:
-Forum rules need changed plus updated to be more current and links updated. This applies to most stickies as well.

The forum rules page should be fixed, first, before it's changed. Most of the rules are common sense, but with a flood of new members, users shouldn't have to dig through stickies to find a concise, up-to-date list that contains all the rules together.

MasonTheChef wrote:
-Rating center should just be removed, at least until there's enough life to run and maintain it. Just simply allow teams to be posted and warn/infract people posting bad teams and suggestions. This would likely draw more posts then anything else.

I don't see a point to removing the rating center. It's not like it's doing any harm, and warning people who make bad teams is a horrible idea.

MasonTheChef wrote:
-Perhaps a Mod run tourney once a month on Wifi or PO/Showdown with Psybucks given as prizes.

I like this, but, as always, Psybucks have no value. You can't do anything with them. You could pay people to make sigs/avatars/more for you, but nobody's advertising anything like that anywhere, and the creators would have no use for psybucks.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
I don't see a point to removing the rating center. It's not like it's doing any harm, and warning people who make bad teams is a horrible idea.

The main issue with it now is that there's no people qualified and willing to do it anymore. It could remain but an open format would be more inviting to people new to the forum rather then making them fill out paperwork to post. As far as warning people who write bad teams is pretty standard for any community's RMT threads. To clarify though I'm mean for people who post their team such as:

TTar w/Scarf
Terrakion w/leftovers
Magenzone w LO

RMT PLZ!

As opposed as a written analysis of their team. It could be a team of Dunsparce/Magikarp/Unown/Castform/Pikachu/Metapod for all I care. If they put good effort into making a team of that it's worth a post and genuine comments would be just fine.

As for Psybucks that's true, they need to be given a sort of value first. -_-

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Still not sure it's warn-worthy, at least the first time(s?). If anything like that happens, then they should be asked to post again following a template that could be made. If they're obviously doing it to annoy, then I could see them receiving warnings.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]