17 types forever? NOPE WE GOT FAIRIES! 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mega mawile - Steel/Fairy

Definitely not a pink ball of fluff...

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I got the news late and I went to check in order to confirm the fairy type. I was surprised with this. Feels confused as well.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'll admit, mega mawile looks in no part like a fairy. Psychotic demon? Maybe, just maybe.

YES! MAYBE WE WILL GET SOME SCAREY COOL FAIRIES AFTER ALL! :D

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:04 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

So as of today's news, we have:
1. Xerneas
2. Sylveon
3. Flabebe
4. Spritzee
5. Swirlix
6. Dedenne
7. Gardevoir
8-9. Mawile and Mega Mawile
10-11. Jigglypuff and Marill

Now, Jigglypuff and Marill's evolutions will almost certainly become part Fairy, and their pre-evolved forms might as well. And because Dedenne and Marill are both Fairies, I think there's a pretty good chance that Plusle and Minun will be making the shift too. Pikachu is doubtful because they probably would have announced him straight up with Marill and Jigglypuff. There's also still the Clefairy, Chansey and Togepi lines, and other Fairy-appropriate lines like Misdreavus's, the pixie trio, Lilligant, etc. So it seems like Gamefreak is implementing Fairy CORRECTLY rather than slipping like five Pokemon in and calling it a day like they did for Dark and Steel. Whoohoo!

Also while most of the Fairy-type Pokemon revealed so far are slanted toward femininity, it's not a big deal to me. Types like Fighting and Dragon are heavily slanted toward masculine Pokemon so I don't mind having a counterpart type. And it's also nice that they've slipped in a few non-standard Fairies like Mega Mawile and Xerneas while having others with less literal designs like Swirlix.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey Frost, don't forget that Rapidash could be an ideal Fairy candidate too. I mean, it's a unicorn, so Nintendoe might decide that that makes it good for being a fairy-ish sort of thing, you know?

While you may not care if Fairy-type is feminine, Dasher just fainted at the idea of being associated with a potentially "feminine" Type. :lol: Poor underconfident Gardevior.

What I'm thinking about is Dedenne. It's a Pikachu clone. Prediction; Ash ventures out to Kalos with Pikachu. Pikachu spots a Dedenne.
"Pika, Pika, Pika-chu?" (What is that thing?)
"Dededede dene!" (AHH! It looks like me only... weird.)
"Wow Pikachu, that pokemon looks a lot like you. Hey I should catch it!"
*Catches after a whole long episode*
Ash likes Dedenne, and Pika gets jelous, so it pushes Dedenne off a cliff on the quiet. Oooops.

Ok, not really. But honestly, a Fairy-type Pikachu clone. What do you think is gonna happen in the animae? Someone's at least going to comment on how closely they resemble each other.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CuteKirlia wrote:
Hey Frost, don't forget that Rapidash could be an ideal Fairy candidate too. I mean, it's a unicorn, so Nintendoe might decide that that makes it good for being a fairy-ish sort of thing, you know?.

Don't let Gamefreak see that!!! :shock:
There's two things I fear for now:
-Fairy type Rapidash
-Mega-Rapidash

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What's wrong with fairy 'Dash? Wait. I see.
GP CONFIRMED RAINBOW DASH HATER.

calling it right now.

Goodbye
"

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I bet that Rapidash will become a Fairy-type and that it's Mega gets Rainbow Fire hair.

:lol:

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CuteKirlia wrote:
I bet that Rapidash will become a fiary-type and that it's Mega gets Rainbow Fire hair. :lol:

I hope not! xD
Quote:
GP CONFIRMED RAINBOW DASH HATER.

Wat? She's a great character actually lol.
But if Rapidash get a mega thing, I hope he get wings lol. Nothing more.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thinking of how pokemon would change with the new region, and forgetting Megas for the moment, I wonder if fairy-type will be a major change for Gardevior. Obviously, they will have new moves and weaknesses, but will there be other changes? General stat changes? Ability changes? Maybe even appearance alterations, (though I susepct hopefully not). Also, will Kirlia and Ralts become fairy type too, or will they gain it upon evolution? I think they'll keep their current typage, considering Gallade being Fighting/Psychic.

Not that I'll actually get to find out for myself, since I don't have a 3DS. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO COMPLETELY CHANGE WHAT DS/COMPUTER MODEL/PHONE MODEL YOU NEED EVERY 3 YEARS...

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:26 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Worst case scenario you can get a 3DS for Christmas. It would only be 2 months after the X and Y release. And why are you complaining about Pokemon moving to the 3DS after we were given TWO generations worth of Pokemon on that platform? Nintendo's been generous in that sense.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I happen to have a VERY nice pink DSi. So there!

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have been saying since Gen I they should have a SPACE or TECHNO type. Imagine Pokemon that look like space shuttles- Deoxys, the Clefairies, Elgyem and Beeheymen(sp?) would be Space types, or Klink-Klang and Magnezone would be Techno types.

I even thought you could have a Wailord, trade it holding a Super-Tech or Space Rock and it evolves into Wailcorp, a giant shining silver Whale-shaped spaceship that look like a big blimb and abducts people via its blowhole.

The whole Fairy Typing just makes me think they're still trying to fix the Gen I Psychic issue and it's not going to work while they keep playing with these "Special" types. So Fairy beats Psychic, but I'm guessing it's weak against Rock and Fighting and Super effective against Bug and Grass- and THAT will be the problem. Whatever effect the Fairy typing has on the Psychic/Dark/Ghost types, it'll need to maintain the balance within the other types. If it gives Bug a hard time, or upsets the Fire-Grass-Water balance then the whole system could end up flying out the window.

OMG and they better not be weak against flying.

www.youtube.com/ThePlastikOne

www.youtube.com/PsychesEntertainment

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:51 am
THE POWER IS ON!

...? Psychic has been fixed ever since Generation II, and it was perhaps overnerfed since then even. Psychic is actually rumored to resist Fairy-type moves from the insider information. All of Fairy's rumored type interactions either nerf or buff up types that need it - it's said to be weak against Poison and Steel, while being strong against Dragon, Dark and Fighting, with Fire and Psychic resisting it.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
... while being strong against Dragon, Dark and Fighting, with Fire and Psychic resisting it.

Wait, it's strong against Fighting too? Great, my poor Gallade are going to possibly get nerfed by these Fairies. Then again, they're Psychic too, so maybe not. But isn't Fighting type patronized enough, perhaps? I Mean, they already go bye-bye because of Psychic and Flying, and they're one of the only types that nerf the Darks. Fairy being strong against Fighting and Dark. could take some Fighting types down a notch. On the bright side, people might like Gallade more. :P I bet Lucario will be even more popular as well, and people with teach them actual Steel-type moves.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:55 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Fighting is one of the most overpowered types in the game right now, so I welcome it being weak to Fairy if that particular rumor is true. It's strong against five types, with many of them being among the metagame's most common, while it's only weak against two types, neither of which are particularly desirable offensive typings. Psychic is only a little more seen in Generation V because Fighting is such a great type, but before then it was terrible for having a type immune to it and otherwise poor offensive match-ups.

Psychic really hasn't been the same since Generation II; it basically went from having no weaknesses or types that resisted it (except itself) in RBY to having four of them in the Generations after, including Dark having an immunity. Dragon on the other hand shouldn't be buried from Fairy because it'll still only have three defensive weaknesses balanced with FOUR resistances as well as only two types resisting/immune to its moves.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*Looks at PC box. Sees;
Infernape
Three Gallade
Two Lucario, two Riolu
Mienfoo, Mein(forgot)
Medicham, Meditite...
Ect.*

...You got me there.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wait for it...

The Navi Pokemon... :twisted:
Yes, I did go there. In the anime, all it says is "Hey Listen" and Ash ends up catching it, and it follows him around outside like...Navi... :mrgreen:

XD Yup...

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That would be so cool! I know what Pokemon I want on my team! :D
But they probably won't make a Navi pokemon. Maybe something similar?

I hope, if they give Gardevior a Mega, it will have awesome HUGE fairy-wings. Not something dinky, like Clefairy's wings, which look dumb and too small for anything. Winged Absol was cool, gimme a winged Gardevior too! IT WOULD BE BEAUTYFUL.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia! It's happened! Fairy type has done for Gardevoir more than we could have ever hoped!

Between Psychic and Fairy, Gardevoir will have a double resistance to Fighting, neutrality to both Bug and Dark, with STAB on the latter, and an immunity to Dragon. She will be be weak to Poison (something she is strong against, ironically), Steel, and Ghost.

From what was listed, the new Fairy type will...

...be super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting

...be not very effective against Fire, Steel, and Poison

...be weak to Poison and Steel

...will resist Fighting, Dark, and Bug

...be immune to Dragon.

…I don't know where the dragon immunity comes in, though… Fairytales?

Also, Steel seems to have lost its resistance to both Dark and Ghost.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Interesting, This might make me want to use Mawile a little more, or some of the other tougher looking fairy types, (If there are anymore).

Im kinda happy to see that Fairy is Weak to Poison. Might give poison a little more love, and a bit more viable. Im intersted to see how people react to the Immunity to Dragon.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm sure noobs who think they're good trainers simply by teaching all their dragon types Outrage will be "outraged" by this.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kiga wrote:
CuteKirlia! It's happened! Fairy type has done for Gardevoir more than we could have ever hoped!

YES! Watch out, foul Dark/Dragon/Fighting Types, here I come! Plus, Gardevoir will have an extra advantage of being better against Poison than the other Fairys due to it's Psychic typage, unless they make Poison better against Psychic. WHOO-HOO!

Go ahead noobs. Outrage your Dragons. We are ready.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
Kiga wrote:

YES! Watch out, foul Dark/Dragon/Fighting Types, here I come! Plus, Gardevoir will have an extra advantage of being better against Poison than the other Fairys due to it's Psychic typage, unless they make Poison better against Psychic. WHOO-HOO!

Go ahead noobs. Outrage your Dragons. We are ready.

YEAH!!! Mystical Blue Queens, Unite!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:09 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

CONFIRMED FAIRY-TYPE LIST:
1-3. Azurill, Marill and Azumarill (Azurill Normal/Fairy, others Water/Fairy)
4-6. Igglybuff, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff (all Normal/Fairy)
7-9. Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir (and Mega Gardevoir, all Psychic/Fairy)
10-11. Snubbull and Granbull (both pure Fairy)
12-13. Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime (both Psychic/Fairy)
14. Mawile (and Mega Mawile, both Steel/Fairy)
15. Xerneas (Fairy)
16. Sylveon (Fairy)
17-18. Spritzee and Aromatisse (both Fairy)
19-20. Swirlix and Slurpuff (both Fairy)
21-23. Flabebe, Florette and Florges (all Fairy)
24. Dedenne (Electric/Fairy)
25. Carbink (Rock/Fairy)
26. Klefki (Steel/Fairy)
27. Fairy-type Arceus (Pixie Plate found in-game)

-Rumored: Togepi line (Togepi is said to be pure Fairy by a leaker but there's still no photo evidence), Whimsicott (said to be Grass/Fairy but no pictures yet), Clefairy line (Clefairy is included in a Japanese TCG Half Deck with Xerneas, while the second Pokemon said to be included with the Yveltal Half Deck is Dark-type Pancham).
-Said to not be Fairy, but no photo evidence: Plusle, Minun, Bellossom, Audino.
-Confirmed as not Fairy: Dunsparce, Gothita line.
-No evidence either way: Chansey line, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Cresselia, Cottonee, Petilil, Lilligant, etc.

KNOWN FAIRY-TYPE MOVES:
-Baby-Doll Eyes: Growl with increased priority.
-Charm
-Crafty Shield: Protect for status moves.
-Dazzling Gleam: Special, 80 BP, 100% accuracy, no side effect.
-Draining Kiss: Damages the target and heals the user.
-Fairy Wind: Special, 40 BP, 100% accuracy.
-Geomancy: charges on turn one, sharply increases SA, SD and Speed on turn two. (Xerneas's signature move)
-Misty Terrain: protects grounded Pokemon from status conditions for five turns.
-Moonblast: Special, 95 BP, 100% accuracy, has a chance to lower the target's SA. (learned by Sylveon and Gardevoir)
-Moonlight
-Rough Play: Physical, 90 BP, 90% accurate, don't remember if it has an effect. (learned by Mawile)
-Sweet Kiss

KNOWN FAIRY-RELATED ABILITIES:
-FAIRY AURA: Increases the power of Fairy-type moves for all Pokemon in play. (Xerneas)
-PIXILATE: All Normal-type moves become Fairy-type moves for this Pokemon. (Mega Gardevoir)

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next