It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Werewolf XXI - Drunks Only Live Once - Town Wins! 
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You're lucky that was an actual Game Freeze, James, or I would have ended you.

Everyone noticing that the wolves didn't try to make a kill the night before, they now went after the unfrozen Joe, who was in a drunken stupor and didn't even notice everyone coming to kill him. And then he was strung up and was lynched.

Joe the Conqueror was:

Quote:
Steelix
Alignment: Wolves

Role 1: Shield
Once per game, during the night, you may PM me to use this ability. Choose 1 player besides yourself. That player becomes your friend. You become masons and are free to talk with each other outside of the thread. (Your friend will also be aware of this.) Whenever your friend would be targeted by an ability or role, you will be informed. You can choose to let it go through, or change the target to yourself. If your friend would die, you will shield him or her and take the kill instead.

Role 2: Burrow
Once per night, you may PM me to use this ability. Choose 1 player besides yourself. At the end of this night, I will inform you who else targeted that player with another ability. (If no one targeted your chosen player, I will tell you as such.)

Role 3: Alpha
As long as the game is in progress and you are alive, you may talk freely with all other living Wolf-aligned players in the game. I will give you the names of the players you may talk to in this fashion, in a separate PM. Once per night, PM me the names of 2 players: 1 must be Wolf-aligned; the other must not be. This night, the Wolf player will kill the non-Wolf player. You may discuss amongst your Wolf teammates who you wish to kill, but I will accept the final decision only from you. If you die, this role will be randomly assigned to 1 of the remaining living wolves.

Win condition: At least half of the remaining living players are wolves

...wow, guys. You won. You actually won.

Werewolf XXI has come to an end. Townies win. Anyone in the game, dead or alive, is now free to post their thoughts and whatever. I'll post my own thoughts on the game later, and changes I plan to make. (I haven't thought them all up now, but one of them is nerfing Drown.) But I'll also need to clean out my PM box as well.

Have fun.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

>Wasn't wolf
>NK'd by Joe N2
>Because of PMJ's role

I hate you all.

Goodbye
"

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I find out who the seer is. I'm sent on a suicide mission to kill the seer. The werewolves lose anyway. Great, just great. And it was my first time as a werewolf too.

DNA wrote:
I haven't thought them all up now, but one of them is nerfing Drown.

Killing the werewolf who killed you is a bit overpowered.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:45 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

DragoBoy wrote:
I find out who the seer is. I'm sent on a suicide mission to kill the seer. The werewolves lose anyway. Great, just great. And it was my first time as a werewolf too.

DNA wrote:
I haven't thought them all up now, but one of them is nerfing Drown.

Killing the werewolf who killed you is a bit overpowered.

I agree it is overpowered and how did you find out who the seer was?

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Drown and Wash Away were really overpowered, especially since there were 2-3 copies of each one x_x. Having grannies with the power to control the lynch = gg scum

I think we did all right, considering. Once I got lynched I knew the game was pretty much over. Good game, everyone! See you back here for the next one.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:01 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I'd probably bump up Wash Away to LV2, and then make Drown make it so that it makes the guy not be able to do anything for a whole day and night afterwards. Moving Wash Away around would not have affected the outcome of the game.

I didn't expect to get a Mudkip, a Squirtle, AND a Vaporeon in this game, though. Three mono-type Waters, jeez, guys. Have you no imaginations?

DragoBoy I wanted to see live longer, but darn.

Argonaut is my least favorite player of the game, because he had my favorite role and he ruined it.

Edit: Also, the priest was Wailord_2

Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

mudkip mistriss wrote:
how did you find out who the seer was?

EM is my brother. We have a younger brother who manages to find out everything. He found out that EM was the seer (along with a little about his other abilities) and then told me. He even managed to find out that I was a werewolf even though I don't even let him in the room when I'm on the computer.

DNA wrote:
DragoBoy I wanted to see live longer, but darn.

Me too. I die so quickly that I don't get enough time to gain much experience in werewolf. Except for last game, which ended as quickly as was possible.
I would have died round 1 anyway since EM would have found out that I was a werewolf and then used Wash Away on me.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:11 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Wish I would have lived longer, but go Town! Good job!

Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
YESH....

But I have to ask, what were you guys thinking with Haunted, EM and Sanguinary...

Next question (because I can), what were you guys thinking when killing each of us lol...

I mean, why kill me, when you can have little Filter over here lol.

Second last thing: DNA, I almost forgot the bold, then added it right before I pressed the post button.

LAST THING, AND ITS IMPORTANT: The next game will be hosted next year on the 19th of July... Jk

Im going to post my game hmm... Haven't decided. Ill post it... Today 1:30pm AEST, which means about an hour from this post.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thank goodness I found wifi.

GG townies.

So, yeah, I saw that one coming. It became pretty apparent that we were done for. I thought I'd be fine after the huge me VS. PMJ debate, but mistriss had been out for my head, so there's that. I didn't even know the round had started before I was dead. And the best part was, we weren't actually framing mistriss at all. The kills just went they way they did, and it happened to seem like she was suspicious.

Also, I got the ability/vote restricting items for, like, the entire second half of the game, so that was really frustrating. With me powerless, and Joe frozen, there wasn't much Dare or I could do. By the way, I tried passing the Lemonade to Wailord, but I got it again that same night. An item-bounce back ability, or just sheer coincidence? (Also, if a certain Indy hadn't broken the rules, I might not have had that problem :P ). How many of those items were there, anyway? And were there actually any good items?

Another thing - I loved having Wailord waste his vote-suppressing ability on me for so many nights. You really had it out for me, didn't you? But my abilities made it useless every time... heheh... Athough I had to remind DNA of this, since he forgot, which screwed up all the votes and confused everyone, which I'm glad I caught.

I also love how the only evidence presented against me the entire game was, "He hasn't died, so he must be a wolf lynchlynchlynch!!!!1!1!" It happened to be true this one time, but that's still terrible reasoning to vote someone out. Just be careful not to rely on that in the future.

All in all though, I had a great time with this game. The abilities were fun, although there were some holes (the darn Water types screwed us wolves over). Thanks for hosting, DNA, and I'll be looking forward to WW22 James!

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:07 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
12 minutes until I post my game:

Lets spoil it 10 minutes before its posted:

People get to vote during the Night, what theyre voting for will be a mystery... For the next 11 minutes lol.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was about to go to sleep, but that stuff can wait. Who needs sleep, right? Not this guy.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:15 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

ITS UP. SIGN UP SO YOU CAN KILL COMPLETE STRANGERS

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hey, I'm back!!! :D
And I'm happy I could help before I died, freezing the right person :) (I knew I would die this round, so I decided to freeze Joe.)

Omg lol.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Good game. Sorry I wasn't that active in the second half.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Since it seems as if not all of us agreed to be completely confidential about our roles, uh...
JsXtm's death may or may not have been indirectly influenced by my personal relationship with D_G. We confirmed each other as Town, and when I noted that JsX has Nobility in my first post (well, I said it was a possible scum ability), what D_G saw was big flashy lights with an arrow pointing right to it.
That said, I only told her that JsX had Nobility. Why she did what she did beats me.

Goodbye
"

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just want so say, I was the priest. You're welcome GP and James.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wailord_2 wrote:
I just want so say, I was the priest. You're welcome GP and James.

Well, thanks! :)

750th post o_O

Last edited by GhostPony750 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Of course, the one person I couldn't kill without raising suspicion towards myself was the priest.

Gotta love irony.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:31 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
By the way, I tried passing the Lemonade to Wailord, but I got it again that same night. An item-bounce back ability, or just sheer coincidence?

Coincidence. He passed it right back to you the next day.

My thoughts on the game:

Early-game, the wolves had a HUGE advantage, and although they lost 1 of their number almost instantly, the seer was gone. That tipped the game greatly in their favor. They could have maintained their advantage, yet PMJ and TT decided to go at each other, and were effectively at each other's throats. That was the beginning of the end, and TT trying to cast into doubt everything PMJ said sealed his defeat. So, in essence, it's all TT's fault his team lost.

My thoughts on each character:

~ChillBill: Sadly he didn't get much to do during the game. He became neighbors with Cherrygrove right away, and that was combined with an ability that would prevent his own death once, so CG was pretty solid. Unfortunately, James froze Chill and locked him out of most of the early game, making him pretty useless. Had the game gone further, ChillBill would have probably lived to the end anyway. But for what Chill was actually able to do, I'd say he did great.

~James86134: All he did was freeze Chill. That's it. I noticed that Chill was frozen on the same night Dare was frozen, but overlooked it when doing the day update. So I stalled James's freeze for a full night and day, having it count from the new point instead. That led James to believe that Dare wasn't supposed to be frozen at all. Poor deluded fool. He didn't even make use of his skip-town ability during the early game. Bad James. I'd say you should know better, but I don't think you do.

~Dare234: PMJ froze Dare to prevent him from being killed off earlier. On the night Dare was frozen, he chose to look into Sanguinary's abilities, which triggered Venom. So at the time he was unfrozen, his abilities were gone. He wasn't able to do much before being taken out, much like Chill, so I'm not sure what I can really say.

~Sanguinary: Eh, he did okay. He managed to drain Dare of all his abilities on reflex before dying, so I guess there's that. Definitely not a bad player, by any means.

~Haunted Water: He told me he'd rage if he got the wolf card. He didn't, but he probably should have, since he died right away. He was blessed with Detonate, a one-shot kill move, that he never had a chance to use since the wolves killed him off right away. Had HW remained alive, I'm not sure what would have happened, but since ESP lets him look into role names, HW would have been a very strong player in the town's favor. Good move for killing him off early, wolf team.

~Argonaut457: The one and only indie and he committed suicide by not reading the rules. His win condition, as was noted, was to destroy 3 alcoholic items, and by the time he actually fake-revealed, he'd destroyed 1 and was soon to destroy a 2nd one. He played well by encouraging the town to hand him booze, but then any respect I had for him was lost in that epic moment of fail. Silly Argonaut. That's not how you #dolo.

~twistedturtwig: He was doing fine up until he started shouting at PMJ. I lol'd when I found out the votes were tied that one day, because either way the wolves were down by 1. He probably had a really strong role combo - immune to ANY non-lethal effect - but he squandered it. Ah well. TT don't be so aggressive next time.

~Cherrygrove: I just wish he would have lived longer. PMJ marked him for death early in the game, and Chillbill couldn't protect him from that. CG didn't even have a chance to use his ultimate role - once per game, he could redirect EVERY vote to his vote choice - plus his status effect gave his own vote double weight. I'm sure he had his reasons, though - every night he told me No Action. I was looking forward to see what he would do with it, though.

~E-M: One brother is seer, the other is a wolf. Both of them kill each other first night. The irony in that is amazing. I found it funny that E-M has been seer a few games in the past, but the suicide really made me smile. Drown was OP, but fortunately it never triggered for the rest of the game.

~Ghostpony: He got stuck with the alcohol TWICE in the early game and kept having to pass it away, sadly. After that I thought he'd be using a role of his, but he didn't, not until much later. When he decided to use Freeze, his first thought was to hit ChillBill right as he unfroze (jerk!), but then changed his mind to Joe. Good move to freeze the alpha. o_o When that happened, technically, the wolves would have no kill, but I thought that wouldn't be fair, so I decided to let Dare, the only other living wolf at the time, become temporary alpha. Of course, Dare died the next night, so the wolves lost a kill that night. So, in essence, the guy who I thought was one of the more useless players for the town actually secured the win for them. Well done. (He never used Flight, sadly.)

~Wailord_2: Baller priest. Why is he priest every game? I thought he'd be using his vote block ability more often, but he only used it a handful of times. Kinda surprising, but he was a strong player, and I'm surprised the wolves didn't kill him earlier when his lens was on TT almost the entire game. He did block one kill when Dare was temporary alpha.

~Joe the Conqueror: I am really surprised and pleased that Joe managed to stay off the radar until near the end of the game. He was the only real unknown wolf player for me (the other 4 I knew their playstyles), and to my delight he actually played the alpha pretty well. Got kinda screwed over in the endgame, but...I definitely would like to see him in future games. He was a good strong player, and made use of his other role (Burrow) quite frequently. I have no words of advice other than 'keep doing what you're doing now'.

~filter: Can't say much about him. He was never around. I should have modkilled him earlier, but he was showing up enough that it wouldn't be fair. But he didn't do a thing. And sadder still he was never killed, so his other role (Neurotoxin, which is a lot like Chill except it triggers upon death) never activated.

~Drago_girl: Got rid of JsXtm day 1 with Wash Away and then role-revealed Day 2, thus evicting her from the game. Technically I'd say she was a pretty bad player, since she could have stayed alive to use Lightningrod and redirect EVERY role to her for a night - and therefore taking the kill - so I'd say she could have played much MUCH better. As for using Wash Away on JsXtm...he was town, but everyone was out to get him anyway, so meh.

~DragoBoy: See also E-M. If he'd stayed alive longer, he would have been MUCH harder to lynch due to Nobility. It would have tipped the game in the wolves' favor in late-game to be sure. Revenge was a fun role too. Might have even won the game for the wolves.

~JsXtm: Poor guy, everyone wanted his head on day 1, and for no good reason. I think he used Flight once (I don't recall off-hand), but other than that...nobody liked him. I think he might have been a nice counterpoint to DragoBoy, since he also had Nobility. I'll write this on the list of things that could have been.

~mudkip mistriss: I honestly thought she was a bad player, but she WASN'T. Holy crap. I think she carried the day for the town in the late game ever since PMJ died, and was a good 'voice of the people'. She ended up using Wash Away on TT, thus ensuring he'd die after his bad play, and that essentially made it nearly impossible for the wolves to win. Very good job, mudkip. I am impressed.

~alkranite: See also filter. He did nothing. NOTHING. ...which is good since his roles were Wash Away and Drown, and the latter was circumvented due to lynch. ...If you're going to sign up for Werewolf or any of my games, pay attention. Please.

Welp, see you guys in about 5 Werewolf games when I decide to GM again. Now I need to rewrite a lot of these roles. I plan to use the same system again, but I need to move some roles around.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

>town seer
>rejoices
>Killed after using seer ability on JsX

Again, well played wolves. I find it interesting how the abilities were too balanced, thus resulting in an unfair Town advantage.

Also, I've adopted the whole, "I'll off myself if I get scum." Thing.
Because I suck at scum. I'm better off hunting them down and exposing them as a seer.

Goodbye
"

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:14 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

DNA always finds a way to make me feel like I'm actually good at werewolf...

Anyway, that little clue in the log of... I think Day 3, when Sanguinary was killed, did that mean anything. (I mean the little Steel boot clue$

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

>analyze all players
>leave out the black guy

dna confirmed for racist

As I told DNA before, I don't think that it's entirely twistedturtwig's fault that we lost. mudkip mistriss brought up a good point when she posed the question of why tt was still alive after the heated debate between us. I don't know if she thought I was scum before I was lynched, but I think she still would have asked if I had lived to see day four, so we were pretty boned anyway.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
>analyze all players
>leave out the black guy

dna confirmed for racist

fak you're right I did forget
*fixes*

~PMJ: Asking a lot of questions to me all game just to get the hang of things, juuuuuuuust to make sure his role worked the way it did. He froze Dare early on to protect him from being killed, but that really didn't help in the long run. How he truly shined was during the daytime, being a player who appeared to be very town-friendly most of the time. That act went for a pretty long time until TT ballz'd it up. Had TT not done that PMJ might have lived a little longer.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
~filter: Can't say much about him. He was never around. I should have modkilled him earlier, but he was showing up enough that it wouldn't be fair. But he didn't do a thing. And sadder still he was never killed, so his other role (Neurotoxin, which is a lot like Chill except it triggers upon death) never activated.

hey I did find two wolves in my list although I missed twistedtrutwig xD

Quote:
town:
mudkipmistress: town because PMJ tried to vote her out
twistedturtwig: town because had so much debate with PMJ
James86134:he is town I see it from all his posts and he voted for PMJ and sticked to it after PMJs defense... well for a long time but I still believe
Wailord_2: casted doubt on PMJ and voted for PMJ
filter: me town

don't know:
Chillbill: not sure about this one at all coud be either

probably wolf:
Dare234: seems like Joes partner he voted for the same person who was town but I admit the person was suspicious but still very very possible wolf

wolf:
Joe the Conqueror: seems much like wolf read his posts

VOTE: Joe the Conqueror

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next