It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 17 types forever? NOPE WE GOT FAIRIES! 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Depends. They could make a Dragon/Fairy Pokemon with base stats at the Bulbasaur level and then it evolves into a Dragon/Normal Pokemon :P It wouldn't be the first time the Pokemon team did something like that (looks at Surskit and Masquerain)

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Idk I still think that Dragons are supposed to be slightly more powerful that's their whole appeal, the fact that they have a type that's fully immune is really wack that's the one thing I was severely hoping wasn't true. I supported the new typing regardless of what it was just for a new type but the idea that some bastard Jigglypuff is gonna stand up to my Salamance or Hydreigon is just sickening, unscathed by its biggest moves? Ehhh... Just half damage would have sufficed

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:37 am
THE POWER IS ON!

An attempt to pick out suitable existing Pokemon from each type to make into Fairies (and assuming that no types will be changed other than the outside chance of Normal --> Fairy):
-Bug: Volbeat/Illumise
-Electric: Plusle/Minun
-Fire: Sunny Castform, Ninetales
-Flying: Togetic/Togekiss
-Ghost: Misdreavus/Mismagius
-Grass: Bellossom, Cherrim, Shaymin, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Xerneas
-Ice: Hail Castform
-Normal: Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff, Chansey/Blissey, Clefairy/Clefable, Audino, Snubbull/Granbull, Skitty/Delcatty, Castform, Dunsparce
-Psychic: Gardevoir, Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Chimecho
-Steel: Mawile
-Water: Marill/Azumarill, Milotic, Golduck, Rain Castform, Phione/Manaphy
-Dark, Dragon, Fighting, Ground, Poison, Rock: N/A

OR, by Generation: 42+ total
-I (7): Ninetales, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Clefairy, Clefable, Golduck
-II (9): Misdreavus, Togetic, Bellossom, Snubbull, Granbull, Dunsparce, Blissey, Marill, Azumarill
-III (11): Volbeat, Illumise, Plusle, Minun, Castform, Chimecho, Gardevoir, Skitty, Delcatty, Mawile, Milotic
-IV (9): Togekiss, Mismagius, Cherrim, Shaymin, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Phione/Manaphy
-V (3): Lilligant, Whimsicott, Audino
-VI (3): Sylveon, Flabebe, Xerneas

These I feel less strongly about, but I could see them becoming Fairy depending on how much Gamefreak wants to spam the new type: Rapidash, Glalie as a counterpart to Gardevoir, all of the baby Pokemon related to the ones above, Cresselia, Luvdisc and Alomomola, Finneon and Lumineon, the Gothita line, the Munna line, and even Zorua/Zoroark as kitsune i.e. fairy-like creatures. And they're really insane and start messing with dual-type Pokemon, add in Celebi, Roselia/Roserade, and probably a few others.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh for all that is good, NOT GLALIE!

Why not Frosslass? Id think she would be a better choice. I also cant see Rapidash being a Fairy, Thats too much of a stretch. Other those two, Id have to agree with your list. Also, for some reason I see the Dratini Line being Dragon/Fairy. But thats just me.

Im still not keen about the fairy typing, but I could learn to like it if they throw in a Fairy/Dark type.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:28 am
THE POWER IS ON!

They probably aren't going to change any Pokemon like Froslass that already have two types. Even if they did, they would probably just replace Normal with Fairy, but even that's a reach because if Jigglypuff is any indication, all they're going to do is add Fairy to single-typed Pokemon. Rapidash is a unicorn, which is considered a legendary creature, which is not too far in concept from fairies. They have a few mythical Fire Pokemon and it seems odd that they wouldn't change at least one to diversify/make a weaker Fire-type stronger.

Actually, now that I look at the fairy template on Wikipedia, kitsune is listed under the Asian folklore category, so even Ninetales could become a fairy.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:38 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

With all mythical creatures* being assumed as potential Fairies, we have a sizable chunk of the existing Pokemon. I do feel like fitting single-type Pokemon that weren't contributing to the game in the first place (read: Volbeat and Illumise) are likely non-obvious candidates; some Pokemon just aren't interesting, and could be notable with an unusual type combination.

On another note, Bulbapedia currently lists Azurill, a Normal-type, evolving into Marill, which shares neither of its types, with Marill losing its Fairy type when evolving.

*besides dragons, as they already have their own type

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:30 am
THE POWER IS ON!

That's just because Marill is the only member of the family who is absolutely confirmed as being Water/Fairy so far. It's a pretty reasonable assumption to say that Azumarill will be Water/Fairy too, and perhaps Azurill will be Normal/Fairy as well, but Bulbapedia only updates when something is solidly confirmed.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
They probably aren't going to change any Pokemon like Froslass that already have two types. Even if they did, they would probably just replace Normal with Fairy, but even that's a reach because if Jigglypuff is any indication, all they're going to do is add Fairy to single-typed Pokemon. Rapidash is a unicorn, which is considered a legendary creature, which is not too far in concept from fairies. They have a few mythical Fire Pokemon and it seems odd that they wouldn't change at least one to diversify/make a weaker Fire-type stronger.

Actually, now that I look at the fairy template on Wikipedia, kitsune is listed under the Asian folklore category, so even Ninetales could become a fairy.

But what about Rotom? He went from being part Ghost, to part type that matches the appliance he is in. I don't think we can shrug of the notion that some Pokemon with Dual type, wont get a changed.

I agree, Rapidash is a Unicorn. However I feel it's Pokedex entries/ Card Flavor Texts, dont give it merit to gain a Fairy secondary typing. Personally I feel Ninetales is the best candidate to gain a Fairy Part typing because of it's Pokedex entries. One could even make argument for Moltres, since it is a Phoenix. However its a Fire Bird, and I cant see it losing it's Flying type. Arcanine is, also a viable candidate. Those are the only 3 Fire types right now I can think of that one could say would gain a Fairy.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:59 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GofD wrote:
But what about Rotom? He went from being part Ghost, to part type that matches the appliance he is in. I don't think we can shrug of the notion that some Pokemon with Dual type, wont get a changed.

Rotom's type was never changed, it gained new Formes that each have a different typing. It is common for Pokemon that have different Formes to have a different typing with each Forme, e.g. Castform, Shaymin, Darmanitan, etc. The only dual typing that I think might be changed is Normal/Flying -> Fairy/Flying, since I view Normal/Flying as effectively monotype Flying, Tornadus notwithstanding. For the rest, only if they get a new Forme will existing dual types potentially become part Fairy.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cherrygrove wrote:
GofD wrote:

Rotom's type was never changed, it gained new Formes that each have a different typing. It is common for Pokemon that have different Formes to have a different typing with each Forme, e.g. Castform, Shaymin, Darmanitan, etc. The only dual typing that I think might be changed is Normal/Flying -> Fairy/Flying, since I view Normal/Flying as effectively monotype Flying, Tornadus notwithstanding. For the rest, only if they get a new Forme will existing dual types potentially become part Fairy.

With Rotom, I mean in Gen 4 from when he RETAINED his ghost typing When he entered an appliance, then in Gen 5 when he lost said ghost type.

I still sick with my idea that some dual types will be changed. There are just Pokemon I think fit the fairy type. (Frosslass and Weavile are examples).

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:35 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GofD wrote:
Cherrygrove wrote:
GofD wrote:

With Rotom, I mean in Gen 4 from when he RETAINED his ghost typing When he entered an appliance, then in Gen 5 when he lost said ghost type.

Ah indeed. I was not aware this happened. Anyway, I stand by my stated opinions regarding dual types becoming Fairy.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cherrygrove wrote:
Ah indeed. I was not aware this happened. Anyway, I stand by my stated opinions regarding dual types becoming Fairy.

Fair enough good sir.

Anyways, I was bored and took a peak at the Pokemon in the "Fairy" egg group. And they are as follows:

Audino
Azumarill
Blissey
Breloom*
Casform
Chansey
Cherrim*
Cherubi*
Clefable
Clefairy
Cottonee*
Delcatty*
Frosslass
Glalie*
Granbull
Hoppip*
Jigglypuff
Jumpluff*
Marill
Mawile
Minun
Pachirisu*
Pickachu*
Plusle
Raichu*
Roselia*
Roserade*
Shroomish*
Skiploom*
Skitty*
Snorunt
Snubbull
Togekiss
Togetic
Whimiscott*
Wigglytuff

The Pokemon with the * are Pokemon I believe SHOULD NOT gain the Fairy type (out of this group). That Gives us 19 Pokemon (in theory). Personally Id be okay with..... 30-40 Past Pokemon Gaining the Fairy typing.

Some Fairy Typings that I would like to see to make me less...Unliking towards them

-Fairy/Dark
-Fairy/Fire
-Fairy/Ghost

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:19 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Gardevoir becoming Fairy also means that really anything could become Fairy, not just those within that Egg Group. Hopefully between the old ones they change and the new ones they make, they have enough to give the type a really strong start considering it's four/five Generations behind all over the other types. Like I said before, having roughly the same amount of Pokemon as Ghost would be acceptable.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

On paper changing Conkeldurr from Fighting to Poison would simply trade its Flying weakness for a Ground weakness, but then it's STAB move would be Poison Jab with not as good typecoverage and it would definitely be more of a liability (and goods new for Machamp and probably Gallade). Yeah every type has its strengths and weaknesses and you need to work around the Pokemon's weaknesses with the right kind of support. But most importantly Fire and Ice suffer defensively because of Stealth Rock.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
Gardevoir becoming Fairy also means that really anything could become Fairy, not just those within that Egg Group. Hopefully between the old ones they change and the new ones they make, they have enough to give the type a really strong start considering it's four/five Generations behind all over the other types. Like I said before, having roughly the same amount of Pokemon as Ghost would be acceptable.

There are currently 27 Pokemon with the ghost typing. And there are about 28 Pokemon with the Dragon typing. Considering that new Pokemon will be added, the number for each should then be in the low 30's. (~32 is my guess +/- 2)

Id say that's a fair Number , considering as frost said, they are behind a few gens. Currently we have 5 confirmed, 2 of which are new, 3 of which are past gen.

Going in this info, I am going to assume the following:

1)Either Azurill, Azumarill, or both will get the fairy typeing.
2)Ralts and Krilia are highly likely to get the fairy sub type. Gallade will still be Psychic/fighting.
3)Igglypuff and Wigglypuff are also getting the fairy typing.

So really we know of ,at the most,10 Pokemon that will be the fairy type. I feel a fair # number of older Pokemon to become fairy, is ~23- 26.

Last edited by GofD on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just postin something I noticed a bit ago. in the video reveling Fairy types they show Gardevior using Fairy Wind against Hydregion. Both pokes being level 50 and the damage taking about 66% of Hydregions HP.

Assuming Fairy Wind is a equivalent of Sliver/Ominous Wind being 60 Base and IV/EVs are 31/0 for both pokes the damage calc is:

Gardevoir (Stab 60bp)Fairy Wind vs. Hydreigon: 170-204 (52.14 - 62.57%) this is assuming Fairy is SE to Dragon and neutral to dark.

This does show that Fairy is likely neutral to Dark Type. (Assuming GF didn't horribly weaken Gardevior to mess with the calcs)

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
Just postin something I noticed a bit ago. in the video reveling Fairy types they show Gardevior using Fairy Wind against Hydregion. Both pokes being level 50 and the damage taking about 66% of Hydregions HP.

Assuming Fairy Wind is a equivalent of Sliver/Ominous Wind being 60 Base and IV/EVs are 31/0 for both pokes the damage calc is:

Gardevoir (Stab 60bp)Fairy Wind vs. Hydreigon: 170-204 (52.14 - 62.57%) this is assuming Fairy is SE to Dragon and neutral to dark.

This does show that Fairy is likely neutral to Dark Type. (Assuming GF didn't horribly weaken Gardevior to mess with the calcs)

This would be interesting to see if it's true, and I must say you have a sharp eye to catch that.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:08 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

People have been picking the trailers apart for base damage/etc information since they were revealed. Personally, I don't think it's indicative of anything because the trailers are for show and the game isn't finalized yet.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, obviously, but they probably used the old mechanics. I doubt they'd change that too. So yeah, it's quite probable that Fairy is normal against Dark. Or Fairy Wind is exceedingly weak.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm just making a guess but I think Fairy Wind will be the Fairy type equivalent to Silver Wind and Ominous Wind.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

does anyone else think Mewtwo's awakened form might be either fairy or psychic/fairy type like Gardevoir? i think this would be the only way for me to accept the new form since i was really hoping for a Mewthree.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:37 am
THE POWER IS ON!

ChillBill wrote:
Well, obviously, but they probably used the old mechanics. I doubt they'd change that too. So yeah, it's quite probable that Fairy is normal against Dark. Or Fairy Wind is exceedingly weak.

It's not uncommon for trailers to show information or use elements that aren't complete or totally accurate though; GameFreak could have set the stats of the Pokemon or the power of Fairy Wind to anything they wanted. The same trailer showed us that Froakie has 101 HP at level 50 which would mean it has like base 26 HP and that's ridiculously low for a Starter. All I'm saying is that nothing's confirmed yet except Fairy being strong against Dragon and that's because they flat-out told us.

The insider information claimed that Fairy was strong against Dark and I'm inclined to believe that's accurate based on so much of the other information being confirmed as true so far. Particularly when one of the major promotional pictures on the official site is Sylveon vs. Hydreigon. Why did they pick a Dragon who happens to be two of the types that Fairy is said to be strong against? >_>

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:50 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Ok, I'm totally going to use an Azumarill now. It was boss before with Huge Power + Choice Band + Aqua Jet, but now it has a Dragon immunity? Sign me up!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:06 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I have an ambiguous opinion towards this new type, not because of the type itself, which is cool, but because "Fairy" is one of those types that, in my personal opinion, shouldn't be really considered a "type" at all. This is a bit of a sidetrack, though.

(incoming mini-rant)

Fairy, Dragon, Poison, Normal, Fighting, Psychic and Ghost, in my opinion, aren't elemental types at all. If anything, they're either categories of fighting arts or "families" of creatures. This has bugged me about Pokemon ever since I've known the franchise. If we have a Dragon type, we could have a Griffin type, or a Unicorn type, or a Phoenix type. If we have a Fairy type, we might as well have an Elf, Dwarf, Pixie, Ogre and Hobbit types. And why in the world would we have a "Ghost" type? Ghost isn't a type, it's a "biological" status, opposite of "living"; whatever it is that malevolent or benevolent spirits use to attack, it sure isn't "Ghost", it's either "Dark" or "Light".

Psychic, Fighting and Poison, to me, should be considered the ways skills are performed, rather than the natural energy used to fire them, like Water and Ice, Flying (Air), Rock and Ground (in my opinion, they should be the same), Grass and Steel (which also refer to the classical elements) and Fire. I'd very much prefer it if "Psychic" was redubbed as "Light" to be the opposite of "Dark", so I sort of accept it as a "natural element". Fighting? Poison? Poisoning and martial arts are ways of dealing damage, not "energy sources".

(end of mini-rant)

DISREGARDING THIS PERSONAL PET PEEVE, THOUGH, I wasn't really expecting a new type, let alone a "Fairy" type. Personal pet peeve aside (which has to do with Pokemon as a whole, and not the type exclusively), I like how it's strong against Dragon (although I don't really understand it), and I hope they come up with awesome Fairy types to expand the Pokemon Lore.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

At first, when I saw fairy types, I was thining, "Cool! I finnaly figured out what Sylveon is!" Then, I looked some more. I saw that;
MARRIL is fairy type too. (It's a mouse for heavens sake. Not a pixie.)
CLEFAIRY is is fairy type. (No argument there.)
But then... It was like :shock: GARDIVOIR IS A FAIRY!

So, since I like to make up little stories about my pokemon, a senario ran trough my head.

I have this boy Gardivoir. His name is Dasher, and he hates it when people think he's a girl. So he's looking at psypokes on my laptop. (Secretly)
His brother, Psycho the Gallade walks by. "Hi Dasher! what are you doing?"
"Oh, I'm just looking at psypokes. Hey, X and Y gives up a new type!"
"Really? What is it?"
"Oh. It's FAIRY type. How dorky can you get?"
"I dunno. Hey, is that what Sylveon i-"
Horrible SCREAM. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
Psycho jumps back in surprise. If he weren't abnormally short, he would have bonked his head on my room's doorway. He rushes back over to see if Dasher is ok.
"What happened bro? Are you allright?"
Dasher is paralized, staring at the screen. "NO I'M NOT OK! NINTENDOE MADE ME A BLASTED FAIRY! RALLY WILL BE LAUGHING FOR WEEKS!"
(Rally is a Ralts who thinks Dasher is very non-manly, unlike a Gallade. This is where Dasher gets the idea that he has to constantly prove himself NON-GIRLY.
So I'ma blame Nintendoe if Dasher goes insane over this. I mean, think about all the boy gardivoir who get laughed at because they look like a girl, and add the humiliation of being a FAIRY girl on top of that. Has anyone ever thought about that?

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next