It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 X+Y info 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@Flaming_Wuzzle: I put most of that in the OP.
Boomburst is another new move.

The trailer also showed Xerneas and Yveltal using what is presumably their signature moves. Yveltal's is possibly definitely the coolest move I have ever seen.

Noivern (Noise + Wyvern) is Flying/Dragon.
Vivillon is Bug/Flying.

Here's the trailer.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:17 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I am excited. Glad to see them retype a bunch of old 'mons. And I agree, the new move that Yveltal has seems legit.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:56 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Butterfree, Ledian, Beautifly, Vespiquen, and Vivillon. 5 out of 6 generations introduced a Bug/Flying Pokemon. But at least Gen 5 broke the streak although Volcarona still has a x4 Rock weakness (still a beast regardless)

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GIMME!

This just makes me want them more! Also does Noivern remind anyone else of Woobat and Swoobat? Or is it just me?

Still not liking the fairy typing at this point. My mind may change later on. That said, I will likely not use Sylveon. Least Fav Eeveultion.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:41 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A few ne pokemon were confirmed. Also, we have the addition of Sky Battles, customization options for trainers, backwards compatibility (probably) and another new battle type, Horde Encounters.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Of course 3 more Pokemon are revealed while I sleep. Anywho...

I like the evolved form of Fletching, Very well Done.

The blue shrimp/lobster thing.......Eeeeh, cant say I like it, but can say I dislike it either. Ill need to see more Info and any evo's it may have

The Camouflaged Seahorse, Very nice. Very Nice indeed. I personally don't think it evolves/ is an evolved form, but that's just me.

Cant wait to see what comes out of the works next.

EDIT: Seriously, I post this and I found out new stuff... *shakes head*

Anyways, The air battle and Horde encounters GREATLY interest me. The air battles gives us an actual NEW way to battle, rather then just throwing in some more Pokemon into the mix.I do feel its a Weeeee bit gimmicky though, since only Pokemon that can fly/ levitate can participate. Non the less, a great idea.

Now the horde Encounter, makes sense. I mean even in some of the Pokemon's have that they travel in a pack right in their Pokedex description! I do hope Nintendo/Game freak didnt go to hog wild with it though. I personally don't think EVERY Pokemon needs to have a horde encounter. I do feel that some Pokemon should have a greater horde encounter rate then others (such as Houndor and the new lion cub thing).

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'll post my thouths about the new pokemon...

Skrelp: We already had Kingdra line, but a new seahorse is welcome. It is VERY ugly, but I like it.
Clauncher: Look like a copy of Corphish, but I like it's color scheme and design.
Talonflame: Okay, now we're talking! This automatically enter in my list of favorite Pokemon. Seriously, it is REALLY beautiful and amazing! (love the name also)
Vivillon: The wings are great, but I hate this kind of body. It looks like there is no connection between arms and body.
Noivern: This one is amazing, but the two things on its head. But I guess I'll get used to it!
Furabebe: One thing: Terrible. But I like the concept. (Y u no grass!!!)
Shishiko: 1. The name is terrible, sound too much japanese. 2. The design is terrible, I hate this kind of ball-head.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:47 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

....Shishiko IS the Japanese name, GhostPony... the four from Corocoro don't have English names revealed yet.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Aside from the four in the newest Corocoro, all of the Gen 6 Pokemon have their Japanese, English, German, and French names confirmed.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:02 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Shishiko - Litleo
Furabebe - Flabébé
Kofukimushi - Scatterbug
Kofuurai - Spewpa
Sana - Shauna
Tieruno - Tierno
Toroba - Trevor
Viola - Viola
Pansy - Alexa
Asame Town - Vaniville Town
Hakudan City - Santalune City

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have to say Vaniville Town gave me a chuckle. I dont really have an issue with the names, except maybe Litleo. It rolls of the tongue nicely, but I dont know.....Just not really feeling it at the moment.

I personally would like to the starters Evo's Next, but ten to one we wont get that for a bit still.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Great, Litleo isn't that bad actually. (I thought Shishiko was the english name :/ )

But I have a problem with Flabébé....
Bébé mean baby in french, which is totally horrible.
Any thoughts on what mean "Fal"?

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:12 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
Great, Litleo isn't that bad actually. (I thought Shishiko was the english name :/ )

But I have a problem with Flabébé....
Bébé mean baby in french, which is totally horrible.
Any thoughts on what mean "Fal"?

I mean it looks like an infantile Pokemon, I get the baby part as far as Fal....well lets just say I wont get you very far lol but agreed Litleo is awesome

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GhostPony750 wrote:
(I thought Shishiko was the english name :/ )

For future reference, Pokemon leaked through CoroCoro are generally going to be known by their Japanese name for a few days until the English site catches up. Also, if it sounded like a Japanese name, IT WAS PROBABLY THE JAPANESE NAME.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just saying... I'm considering buying X, since the new pokemon look awesome.
But I'm not sure, since I need to buy a better guitar and a new computer.
Probably for my birthday - christmas... the only thing that bothers me is that I need a 3ds to play.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

At first, I thought Flabébé was a ridiculous name for a Pokémon, because the accents made it look really weird compared to the mostly-Anglicized names of the others.

Then I realized that "Pokémon" had an accent, and that it's sort of odd that of the 649 in the games so far, there hasn't been a species which includes one.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

There's not really a set pattern for introducing Pokemon with special characters. It's not like we've had another Mr. or an ' Pokemon since Generation I.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

vaporterra wrote:
It's not like we've had another Mr. or an ' Pokemon since Generation I.

Mr. Clown
EwI'veFreakedMyselfOut

They could have given it a better name than Flabebe (I don't feel like figuring out the accent keys xD). I was expecting a name that flowed better. To me, the name seems to indicate that it's going to evolve, although I may be wrong with that assumption. o:

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok, when gen V came out, I hated every single pokemon, but Snivy. But gen VI I love every single pkm right now. Even Gogoat!

Mew, in all, is better than mewtwo.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ive commented on the Pokemon in the "Do you like the new pokemon thread" that were revealed today. So Ill comment on the prof and Team Flare.

Professor Platane- To be honest, he kinda Creeps me out. Thats all I have to say on him.

New Gym leaders- I look at them and pretty much go "okay, WELL WHAT ARE THE TYPES!!!".

Team Flare- Hmmm, the description.....seems an AWFULLY lot like Team Rocket......Could this be......Maybe.....Team Rocket's Return from Gen I?

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Let's talk about new characters...

First of all, they are horrible. They wear really weird clothes, and... horrible haircuts, seriously.
In the first gens, some gym leaders or characters were kinda weird in design, like Wallace or Cynthia.
Now it's just everyone!!!

You have this fat guy with poop haircut, dunno. (Or is it an horrible hat?)
This redhead guy with HUGE hair, terrible.
And you have this photographer, and this overexcited girl (with pink clothes) with a long strand of hair, who defy the laws of physic, and you have this gym leader with gems (???) in his hairs.
The new professor... look scary.

And this Flare team, they just look stupid: haircut, uniform (do they even have something on top of the belt buckle? I don't see the tie, and it looks like skin, it's beige)
And the girl's position... :shock: What she's doing like this?

What do you guys think about this?

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think you need to drop out of the fashion police for just one moment. This is a video game. It wouldn't be the same if everyone looked like we do in real life. Yeah some characters could be a bit cooler looking (the villainous team of the region setting the bar low for themselves, even compared to Team Galactic, who everyone, even NPCs, thought were fashion challenged) but I'm not slamming my head on walls over what we have so far. I say, so far not bad.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3