It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Team help on pokemon blue 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have a Charmeleon {charmeleon} , Nidoking {nidoking} Weepinbell {weepinbell} , Raticate {raticate} , Sandslash {sandslash} heading to rock tunnel, and will probably get a pinsir {pinsir}

I don't believe any pokemon is better than another, (although Arcanineis my fav) I would just use a Bidoof as soon as a Charizard, I would rather lose with my own Magikarp then win with a traded Mewtwo

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:41 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

what about a psychic pokemon instead of pinsir?
It's the most powerful type in the game!

-Jynx for psychic and ice
-slowpoke for psychic and water

Or even Kadabra

Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:42 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

how are you going to get a Pinsir in Rock Tunnel? Pinsir is only in the Safari Zone

Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I meant I will get the pinsir after I get to the safari

I don't believe any pokemon is better than another, (although Arcanineis my fav) I would just use a Bidoof as soon as a Charizard, I would rather lose with my own Magikarp then win with a traded Mewtwo

Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:04 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ahhh i see, my mistake

what are you trying to do? if you are just trying to beat the game and get 6 level 100's...in all honesty, you can use whichever pokemon you want. all the trainers in the game have 0 DV's making their pokemon extremely weak (basically the same as catching them in the wild at what ever level they are at). i would just go with all the Legendary Pokemon...Mewtwo, Mew, and the 3 birds.

however, if you plan to battle friends, i hate your lineup. the only pokemon i would consider keeping is Charizard (and that's consider, i probably wouldn't use it at all).

Competitive Battle game play-some things you need to know when it comes to R/B/Y

1. Special dominates. back then, Special had yet to be broken into Special Attack and Special Defense. so any pokemon with massive amounts of special has a huge advantage

2. Speed also dominates. the only first strike move in this gen is Quick Attack (which sucks) so you want to also have as many fast pokemon as you can. you also don't have to worry about things like Trick Room because those types of moves didn't exist

3. the most poweful type of Pokemon in Gen 1 are Psychic pokemon...why, the answer is simple, the only weakness they have is to Bug (Dark didn't exist back then). the strongest Bug Type move is Pin Missile and it is incredibly weak with only an attack power of 20, compare that to say blizzard with an attack power of 120.

The Best Pokemon to use in Competitive Play-R/B/Y (Non Legendary's)

1. first of, you are going to want a Chansey, a Alakazam and a Starmie in your lineup. why? simple, they are the only 3 pokemon in gen 1 with a one turn recovery move (Recover and Softboiled). they also have massive amounts of special and Alakazam and Starmie are super fast.

2. Next up your just going to want to stockpile your line up with Psychic Pokemon. some good ones are Hypno, Slowbro (Amnesia is a must) and Exeggutor.

3. 2 other pokemon i love are Dragonite (its stats are just ridiculous and can avoid all ground type moves) and Gengar (massive amounts of special and speed and can avoid all normal attacks (which is great for people whomlove to use explosion)-only downside is it is weak to psychic).

hope that helps

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't have any friends with this game so I going to try to get all of the pokemon I can, but my main goal is to beat the elite 4

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:19 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ok. if that's the case, then this is what i recommend

from this point on, focus all of your energy on one of your pokemon (Charizard). level only this pokemon up. reason being, when you get to the 3 birds, and catch them, they will be at level 50. you can then start to focus on leveling them up. after you beat the elite four once, you can go get mewtwo at level 70.

it will be tough to catch the legends though. you will need to either put them asleep or paralyze them so make sure that when you do get to them, you take your strongest pokemon with thunder wave or sleep powder/spore with you.

its really not worth focusing to much time on leveling up the rest of your team right now. the max experience you can get for a pokemon will come from the elite four so you just need to beat them a bunch of times to get your team to level 100.

however, if you want to take the long route, and want a team that specifically designed to beat the elite four....

4 of Loreli's pokemon are weak to electric, as are Lances Gyarados, lances Aerodactyl, and your rivals Piggeot and Blastoise. so thats 8 out of the 26 pokemon you will fight in the elite four with this weakness. my recommendation is to make Zapdos a permanent part of your lineup. (you might want to teach him TM24 thunderbolt in place of Thunder since thunder misses so often).

Bruno's Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Machamp, as well as all of Agatha's Pokemon are weak to Psychic. so thats 8 out of the 26 pokemon you will fight in the elite four with this weakness. my recommendation is to wait until after the first time you beat the elite four to go get mewtwo and then use him to deal with these pokemon.

Bruno's 2 Onix's, Lances 2 Dragonairs, Dragonite and Aerodactyl, as well as, your Rivals Pidgeot, Rhydon and Exeggutor are weak to ice. so thats 9 out of the 26 pokemon you will fight in the elite four with this weakness. my recommendation is to make Articuno (with Ice Beam) a permanent part of your lineup.

the only pokemon i haven't covered in the elite four are Lorelli's Jynx and your Rivals Arcanine and Alakazam. you can take care of the jynx with Charizard and the Arcanine with a Water pokemon. unfortunately Alakazam doesn't have any weaknesses, but you wont have difficultly taking it down.

basically, if you take a strong Psychic, Ice and Electric Pokemon with you, you will be able to clear out 23 of the 26 pokemon in the Elite Four.

hope that helps

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Charmeleon/Charizard, Weepinbell/Victreebel, Raticate, Nidoking, and Sandslash. Possibly Pinsir. A good chance what I say will likely get repeated or has already been said but I'm just going to be genuine and give you my honest opinion.

First of all, in Red/Blue/Yellow, 4 is usually the magic number for your team so you don't have to train forever. 3 is good too but gives you limited options and you pretty much have to go all offensive. However with 3 or 4 Pokemon teams, you have room for HM Pokemon without having to rotate Pokemon and having to worry about crucial training.

I would ditch Raticate and Nidoking and get a Slowpoke or Slowbro. Raticate will prove to be a liability after the 4th gym. Nidoking just repeats Victreebel and Sandslash's types so more weaknesses. Charizard, Victreebel, Sandslash, and Slowbro is a very balanced team. Electric types bugging Slowbro or Charizard? Victreebel and Sandslash have your back. Be sure to teach Sandslash Rock Slide when you get the TM in Celadon City. I believe you can get Slowpoke in Safari Zone and Seafoam Islands

Erika: Charmeleon will dominate but Victreebel could help as well.
Koga: Sandslash will be your MVP
Sabrina: Teach Slowbro Surf and that along with Headbutt will take down Sabrina while Slowbro sponges the Psychic attacks (Pinsir learns no Bug type attacks this generation and no useful Bug type attacks until Generation IV)
Blaine: Slowbro and Sandslash (to a lesser extent Charizard) will do
Giovanni: Slowbro will likely sweep but Victreebel works too.
Your Rival: With these 4, as long as you're well equipped in level and items shouldn't be a pain
Lorelei: Victreebel on some of her water types but for the most part Slowbro is a safer options
Bruno: Slowbro all day (Victreebel works against Onix too)
Agatha: Sandslash with Dig/Earthquake and Rock Slide wrecks the whole team but Charizard and Slowbro do well as well
Lance: Hopefully Slowbro knows Ice Beam and Blizzard. With the right moves and items, you'll survive.
Champion Rival: This Fantastic Four if well trained will win the fight.

So yeah, there you go!

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:23 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Vaporterra is right about having 4 strong Pokemon in your lineup most of the time. i always carry my Level 7 Farfetch'd with me that knows Cut and Fly and my Level 15 Slowpoke with me that knows Surf, Strength and Flash just because it makes moving around the board easier.

for your first time through the Elite four though, feel free to bring your 6 strongest guys. after that, you will always want to carry a guy that has fly, just for convenience (although i highly recommend you don't put it on a guy you want to be in your final lineup just because it is such a weak move).

once your through the elite four once, your most likely going to start bringing less and less strong pokemon with you when you challenge them just because your own pokemon will be getting strong and you will need to do various things like level up guys so you can have them evolve to complete your pokedex.

it isn't uncommon to at one point only be bringing one strong pokemon and 5 weak ones and then just doing the switch in, switch out trick to get your weak guys experience to level up.

remember, all trainers in this game have 0 DV'S making their pokemon really weak.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]