It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Do you like the new Pokemon? 

Yes 74%  74%  [ 43 ]
Average 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 58

Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vaporterra wrote:
@Gofd You don't have to base your opinion on starters based off of their whole evolutionary line. I mean some people like Squirtle more than Blastoise.

A little late getting to this. I honestly don't care for them unless they are in there final stages for battleing purposes. Also, the starters are made to be cute and adorable for selling purposes. Therefore, I save my judgement till I see the Final stages.

(Third, not a fan of cute and adorable. )

Tue May 14, 2013 3:16 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ehhh, as far as the new reveals go I'm not really feeling Fletchling as much. He looks way too puny. Definitely looks like he has evolutionary potential, but as far as the bird at the beginning he doesn't look up to par with Pidgey, Spearow, Starly, Pidove or even Taillow he looks very small at least even Pidove had some gurth to him even if he blew. He looks more like a Chatot type of bird to me.
Gogoat and Helioptile look nice and interesting with Helioptile having the edge for me and to finish it up with Pancham is just ugh! I'm gonna love that little guy haha he's definitely got a spot on my team until proven otherwise.

Tue May 14, 2013 3:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, so I might just be having one of those scatterbrained moments, but I might have also stumbled across something epic.

Take a look at Helioptile.

Notice the triangle markings on its head?

Now, take a look at this.

The triangle designs on Helioptile's head are remarkably similar to the glass pyramids of the Louvre! And furthermore, Helioptile is known to get its electricity from bathing in sunlight. The pyramids allows sunlight into the underground entrance, and are positioned to face the setting sun. Could we have a Pokemon based off of the Louvre?

Coincides? Probably. But I needed to get my conspiracy theory on.

Tue May 14, 2013 5:06 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

twistedturtwig wrote:
Okay, so I might just be having one of those scatterbrained moments, but I might have also stumbled across something epic.

Take a look at Helioptile.

Notice the triangle markings on its head?

Now, take a look at this.

The triangle designs on Helioptile's head are remarkably similar to the glass pyramids of the Louvre! And furthermore, Helioptile is known to get its electricity from bathing in sunlight. The pyramids allows sunlight into the underground entrance, and are positioned to face the setting sun. Could we have a Pokemon based off of the Louvre?

Coincides? Probably. But I needed to get my conspiracy theory on.

Lol Rock on with conspiracies man, you might be on to something there! So maybe the whole thing with the DNA symbol might have more to do than just decorative!

Tue May 14, 2013 6:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I also hope that the Fennekin line stays on all fours and becomes and sleek, beautiful, yet intimidating fox later on, as Fennekin is definitely the one I'm choosing. I don't mind cute and cuddly at the beginning, but I want it to look like a psychic/fire fox God at evo 3 :D

Sat May 18, 2013 4:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I just hope Fennekin doesn't look too much like Ninetales by the end. Obviously not with the nine tails, but I mean overall appearance. MAYBE IT WILL BE ABLE TO BEND SPOONS! WITH ITS MIND!!!

Sat May 18, 2013 6:20 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Charphlokenapoar wrote:
I just hope Fennekin doesn't look too much like Ninetales by the end. Obviously not with the nine tails, but I mean overall appearance. MAYBE IT WILL BE ABLE TO BEND SPOONS! WITH ITS MIND!!!

That's something that's been bugging me as well. Having two very similar foxes might get very redundant specially them both being Fire AND Psychic. Not by typing but if you remember way back like maybe 10 years in the series Ninetales was said to eventually gain psychic abilities and blah blah. Now even though that didn't reflect in the games, because it's a pure Fire type Fennekin might suffer ALOT of copy hate from genwunners and purists unless this is it's European cousin or something, there's cause to worry a little in that aspect

Mon May 20, 2013 1:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

There's always going to be someone not happy with these things. As long as this website is a haven for the open-mind pokemon fans, that's all that matters.

Fri May 24, 2013 7:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fennekin looks different enough that I don't think it will look too much like Ninetales in the end. Some similarities are bound to occur with the vulpine Pokémon. I'm just really hoping, if you placed the two side by side, you'd be able to clearly tell the difference. Which I'm sure you will be able to do. Am I rambling yet? No? I haven't put enough down to be considered a rambling man? There has to be at least two more sentences before being considered a rambler? Okay, now I'm rambling.

Sat May 25, 2013 12:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I wonder if the Gen VI has more pokemon than Gen V..
As for now the only thing i'm amazed of in Gen VI is the pokemon Yveltal.. :D
I kinda also amzed on the character's to use..
base on what I read, you can Edit what they wear and change the color of their hair..

Actually I'm a newbie in this site and just Started playing NDS and i'm a bit confused on how to operate this Wi-Fi thingy..
Can a Downloaded rom connect to the Wi-Fi??
by the way Im playing HeartGold..
and can HeartGold trade to Black or White??
just asking just a newbie. Sorry :D

Sat May 25, 2013 1:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Can a Downloaded rom connect to the Wi-Fi??
by the way Im playing HeartGold..
and can HeartGold trade to Black or White??

As far as I know, I don't believe roms can connect to Wi-Fi. The actual versions of the game do. Also, Heartgold CANNOT trade with Black/White but you can transfer Pokemon from Generation IV games such as Heartgold to Black/White (1 and 2) but like Pal Park between Generations III and IV, it's one way traffic so you can't send Pokemon back to Heartgold.

Sun May 26, 2013 7:49 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Current personal rankings:

LOVE:
1. Sylveon -- if she's actually Fairy-type, I don't think I'd be able to contain my excitement.
2. Fennekin -- the second girly Starter after Chikorita <3; at this moment, I'll be picking her, unless...
3. Chespin -- ...has a better looking final evolution. Almost as cute as Fennekin.

LIKE:
4. Pancham -- pulls off "cute grumpy panda" pretty well. Possible Fighting/Dark evolution intrigues me.
5. Helioptile -- the official artwork is kind of lackluster, but it looks really cute in the game screenshots.
6. Froakie -- clearly inferior to the other two Starters but not without merit. He's grown on me.
7. Fletchling -- it's cute but plain. Definitely walks the line between "like" and "meh."

OKAY:
8. Xerneas -- it's alright; I think the most potential is has for me to like it is if it's Grass/Fairy.
9. Gogoat -- interesting concept but the design is just kind of blah for me. He's the closest new Pokemon to neutrality.
10. Yveltal -- not my type of design at all. But I hope it's Flying/Dark so it and Xerneas are equal.

NO:
11. Newtwo -- the most enjoyment I've gotten from it is seeing it photoshopped into serving as a bottle opener.

Sun May 26, 2013 9:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My thoughts on the newest releases:

Pancham- I dont mind him. He is cute, but he has that look that says, "My Evo is gonna be a freakin Panda Monster". To which I say, GIMME!

GoGoat- Its a Goat....and its a Grass type. Pretty much neutral on this one.

Helioptile- Im gonna say I predicted this typing in the Gen I wrote (just so I can feel all warm and Fuzzy). I look forward to seeing what this guy becomes.

Fletchling- Ummm, not really sure what this is gonna end up being, since they already have Moltres. Which is a Pheonix. And its a Legend.

New Mewtwo Form- After 15 years, thats the best they could do for Mewtwo.....Really. Id like to submit my Application to GameFreak now please.

Mon May 27, 2013 3:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GofD wrote:
Fletchling- Ummm, not really sure what this is gonna end up being, since they already have Moltres. Which is a Pheonix. And its a Legend.

Yeah, but that was a long time ago. It's the sixth gen now. Another fire/flying wouldn't hurt. And I know what you're gonna say... Well I don't. I haven't perfect mind reading up close yet, let alone from afar. But one day I will! And you will rue that day! Sorry... I don't understand what people's problem with the new Mewtwo is. I like it. I wouldn't mind getting him again. And I equally don't understand why people like Helioptile. I think it looks boring. That's my two cents worth. FENNEKIN!

Mon May 27, 2013 11:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Charphlokenapoar wrote:
GofD wrote:

Yeah, but that was a long time ago. It's the sixth gen now. Another fire/flying wouldn't hurt. And I know what you're gonna say... Well I don't. I haven't perfect mind reading up close yet, let alone from afar. But one day I will! And you will rue that day! Sorry... I don't understand what people's problem with the new Mewtwo is. I like it. I wouldn't mind getting him again. And I equally don't understand why people like Helioptile. I think it looks boring. That's my two cents worth. FENNEKIN!

Its not that I don't wont another Fire/Flying, its just that I don't know how they are gonna pull it off, Considering when you think of fire bird, you think Pheonix.

As for Mewtwo, I am happy to see him again, its just that his new form.....Does not do him Justice. It just doesn't. I would much rather they had give him his Armour from the 1st Pokemon Movie, then try to...cuteify him. Mewtwo is not supposed to be cute. He is suppose to be a purple mass of Powa.

Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I suppose I'll put up a ranking, now that I've had time to adjust to the new pokemon...

Like:

Fennekin: I've talked about this little guy in a bunch of other posts, but to summarize, I simply think it's adorable and has a lot of potential for a graceful evolutionary line, especially if the psychic secondary type turns out to be true. Absolutely cute, lots of potential, and I've always been a sucker for Fire types because they get picked on by so many other types ;)

Gogoat: I actually really like his look, as it reminds me of some of the older design philosophies of the early generations. It looks complete, and I expect it to be a stand-alone pokemon with no evolutions, and if that is the case I think they have done a good job.

Yveltal: To be honest, I hated this one at first, mostly because the third "hand" it has just looked really awkward and strange to me. However, it has grown on me quite a lot and I'm also interested in its typing.

Sylveon: This thing barely makes it into my "like" section. Personally, I think his aesthetic design isn't all that great, however, the likelihood of it being Fairy-type has me quite intrigued, and well, I've always been a sucker for Eeveelutions even if they sometimes are a little lackluster (Glaceon anyone?).

Neutral:

Chespin: I don't really think he's especially cute (just my opinion), and I generally don't like the more "humanoid"-style pokemon. His potential when it comes to evolutions is considerable however, and that's why, for now, I'm sticking him in the neutral category.

Froakie: As with Chespin, I just don't dig his aesthetic design that much. He's not bad, but he's nothing that really makes me excited for the new generation either.

Pancham: I don't like his face :P Again, it reminds me too much of humanoid-style pokemon, who have too many similarities with humans in their face/expressions. Perhaps I'm nitpicking, or am completely bonkers, but hey, whatevs.

Helioptile: This one was actually close to being in the "like" section simply because its potential lore intrigues me. However, it's just too plain looking for me right now, and its eyes are too cartoony (yes I know how silly that argument is). I have a feeling it will win me over eventually though.

Dislike:

Fletchling: Well, I have to say it just looks stupid to me. It's small, bland, and I don't like its name at all either. If it has cool evolutions, it could win me over that way, but right now I just can't bring myself to like this little thing at all.

Xerneas: It looks like a plastic toy to me, and it has no feet. Just looks dumb to me because of that. (my opinion only!)

Hell No:

Mewthree or whatever they'll call it: Well I'm sure most of you could see this coming :P I just despise this thing's very existence. It was unneeded, unwanted (imo), and takes an iconic 1st gen heavyweight and just ruins it. First of all, it's ugly. Like, really ugly. Normal Mewtwo looks -way- cooler; he didn't need a "cute" version. There are hundreds of cute pokemon, Mewtwo should never have been included in that category. Secondly, WHY? Yeah, ok, Mewtwo can't stand up against some of new uber-pokemon. ...And? If they were that desperate to buff Mewtwo, they should have just altered his stats.

Anyways. All credit for the color-coding goes to Frost, his post gave me the idea :P /shamelessplug.

Tue May 28, 2013 6:50 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

LOVE:
THE BEST: GARDEVOIR BECOMING PSYCHIC/FAIRY :O
1. Sylveon -- IS A FAIRY OMG I WANT FIFTY!!!
2. Fennekin
3. Flabebe -- another pure Fairy and I went "awwww!" as soon as I saw it. I "awwww!"ed even further when I read its flavor text.
4. Chespin
5. Vivillon -- another butterfly-like Pokemon with vivid colors? Yes please. The Bug/Flying-typing is a letdown, but otherwise it's amazing. <3

LIKE:
6. Pancham
7. Litleo -- Shinx only with better colors, a bit more cuteness, and a more interesting typing.
8. Helioptile
9. Noivern -- it's probably something I'll never use, but I do think it has a pretty cool design. Swoobat comparisons already bug me.
10. Froakie
11. Fletchling

OKAY:
12. Xerneas -- will move up to the "LIKE" column if he's part Fairy. (Preferably Grass/Fairy to Yveltal's Dark/Flying.)
13. Clauncher -- I like its name and how its face looks like Zoidberg, but there's not a lot of WOW factor to its design.
14. Gogoat
15. Yveltal
16. Talonflame -- the name is SO lazy and design itself is a little too hunch-backed. Nice to have a different typing though.
17. Spewpa -- I think this is the first time I've liked the middle stage of an early Bug-type line more than the first?
18. Scatterbug -- I don't hate you but you are no Caterpie/Weedle/Ledyba/Spinarak/Wurmple/Sewaddle in appeal. GTFO.

NO:
19. Skrelp -- I wasn't exactly in a rush for a new seahorse Pokemon, and certainly not one that looked this awkward.
20. Newtwo

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
THE BEST: GARDEVOIR BECOMING PSYCHIC/FAIRY :O

If not for your hatred towards Newtwo, we'd be in open war. The queen is one, and it's not a fairy. Fairies have cooties.

1. Yveltal
Hell yeah. Bringing the storm. No matter what its typing is, it will be awesome.

2.Fennekin
Doesn't beat Torchic (and naturally its evo won't beat Blaziken) but apart from that it's a very good design with a nice typing.

3.Noivern
It's a bit of an awkward design, but cool nonetheless.

The others are all pretty much tied for me...

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'll do the rating thing...

Ermagherd so awesomeh!!!
Talonflame

Awesomeh:
Gogoat, Noivern, Clauncher

Good:
Xerneas, Fletchling, Vivillon, Skrelp

Meh:
Yveltal, Kofourai, Kofukimushi

Why? o_O:
Helioptile, Pancham, Furabebe

Dafuq? BURN THESE THINGS!!!
Mewthing, Sylveon, Shishiko

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:57 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

1. Talonflame
2. Sylveon
3. Vivillon
4. Furabebe
5. Clauncher
6. Froakie
7. Fennekin
8. Chespin
9. Helioptile
10. Kofuurai
11. Fletchling

I don't really care about the other ones.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Not-so-quick ranking. Most rankings accurate within +/- 1 spots.

1. Froakie
2. Chespin
3. Talonflame
4. Clauncher
5. Shishiko
6. Pancham
7. Sylveon
8. Xerneas
9. Gogoat
10. Vivillon
11. Fennekin
12. Fletchling
13. Furabebe
14. Kofuurai
15. Helioptile
16. Noivern
17. Mewtwo Forme
18. Yveltal
19. Kofukimushi
20. Skrelp

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's difficult for me to judge them because there's still a lot more to be revealed about them. For me I don't really hate that many Pokemon either :/

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This new Sword pokemon look neat!
And Ghost - Steel :)

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Id like to post about my current feelings about the NEW Ghost/Steel Pokemon. Ahem:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!YAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAA!!THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!WEGOTONEWEGOTONEFINAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!*runs around liked a crazed lunatic swinging my shirt above my head*

On a more Restrained note, I do like its design. I am curious about stats and Move pool. My guess is that when..."sheathed" it will have good Def/Sp.Def, and when "unsheathed" it will have good Att/Sp.Att. (More leaning towards its Att being higher than its Sp.att, which will still be pretty good.) I also find it kinda creepy in how that in my Gen, I had a panda, a Normal/Electric type, and a ghost/steel combination, Which Nintendo has now confirmed. Its probably ALL coincidental, but still, Im kinda freaked out...

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:40 am
THE POWER IS ON!

LOVE:
1. Sylveon
2. Flabebe -- this thing is so adorable that it might even pass Sylveon soon. I'm fully aware that it'll be absolutely atrocious in battle but OMG I still want to use one once XY comes out. <3 I hope it randomly can learn Quiver Dance like Lilligant does. <3
3. Fennekin
4. Vivillon -- while it's not as cute as Butterfree and Beautifly, its super coloring really makes it stand out compared to the existing Bug-types. It's weird because its face is a bit robotic, which usually makes me like a Pokemon less, but it somehow works for Vivillon anyway.
5. Chespin

LIKE:
6. Pancham
7. Litleo
8. Helioptile
9. Noivern
10. Froakie
11. Fletchling
12. Xerneas

OKAY:
13. Clauncher
14. Gogoat
15. Talonflame
16. Yveltal
17. Spewpa
18. Honedge -- it's just a really bizarre design to me. Usually even the Pokemon based on the most absurd inanimate objects like Klink or Magnemite have a face or some sort of magical monster-esque feeling to their designs. If you don't even notice the sword's single eye (and it's easy to miss in the middle of that design), this Pokemon looks like it could just as easily be an item equipped to other Pokemon rather being a Pokemon itself. However what saves it from being terrible to me is the fact that it can remove its sheath, and also the typing is new and lends itself well to the design. I hope it's not a single-stage Pokemon.
19. Scatterbug -- is in fierce competition with Kricketot to be my least favorite early-game Bug-type yet.

NO:
20. Skrelp
21. Newtwo

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next