It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Scrambled Togepi with a side of Milktank Bacon 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So somehow a group of my friends got on the topic of eating pokemon

but really, what do people in that "world" eat?
My question is, if you had to create a meal out of a pokemon, what would it be?

Fresh cooked Psyduck
Politoad legs
Milktank burgers
Krabby claws
Stanler ground beef
just a few I came up with

(.........I have weird friends)

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Mon May 20, 2013 7:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Someone clearly say in one of the anime's episode that she doesn't like tentacools because they are not food, then she got raped by tentacruel.
So I dunno, they eat Pokemon! ;)

Also, horse meat would be impossible to cook.

We'll probably end up eating corphish, and random Pokemon...
Also... Japanese will slay Sharpedos and make shark wing soup :(

Mon May 20, 2013 7:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Horse meat isn't impossible to cook. And, if you get a Ponyta or Rapidash, it comes already cooked.

What's with all this talk about eating Pokémon? This is the second time I've seen this topic! JUST STOP! It's making me hunger for Pokéflesh... Crap, now I want a bowl of Squirtle Soup, Roasted Farfetch'd with green onion, and a Vanilluxe for dessert. But what to drink? How about Maltres, the hottest malt liquor this side of Kanto?

Mon May 20, 2013 10:01 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I could do with some Magikarp and Chips myself also you got to have Roasted Ducklett with scrambled Exeggcute and a side order of Shroomishs sometime its quite divine. I also heard Sawsbuck Steaks have amazing flavour. The best dessert around is Cherubi Pie. Huntail Soup for starter. Grumpig Bacon is considered a delicacy in many regions. And to wash it down try some Tropius Squash.

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Last edited by CrazyRazey on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 21, 2013 2:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The eating pokemon thing has kind of been talked about in game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4xoVDajRNg

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Backed magikarp Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

Mew, in all, is better than mewtwo.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Vanilluxe. Period.
le filler

Art page. I shall draw every single Pokemon and there is nothing you can do to stop meMUHAHAHA *ahem*

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ocbooyah wrote:

Actually, they state in one of the episodes that Magikarp aren't even good for eating. Completely useless.

I think I'll go vegitarian and Tropius nicely for one of it's bananas.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's not an "out there" concept that Pokemon can be eaten. I mean, there are Pokedex entries that talk about using parts for medicine and stuff (such as {seadra}).

I would really fancy a Tauros filet~

sad but rad

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm kind of wondering what pokemon like umbreon or abra or pikachu would taste like. Any ideas?

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Snot. Tastes like snot.
Have a Moo-Moo Milk instead? Or tropius banana?
I don't care what you guys wanna eat, just leave be the psychic pokes, they has FEELINGS.
Except Psyduck. Dumb duck.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
ocbooyah wrote:

Actually, they state in one of the episodes that Magikarp aren't even good for eating. Completely useless.

i give you

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CrazyRazey wrote:
CuteKirlia wrote:
ocbooyah wrote:

i give you

"epic picture"

You are right, they actually said that Tentacools aren't good for eating. (When a giant Tentacruel destroy the city)

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeaaaaah, but that picture comes right before Misty tells them that Magikarp are all hard scale, and can't really be eaten. This is the episode where they and Team Rocket are stranded on a lifeboat after something destroyed the cruiser they were on, I forgot what. You know, James got ripped off by this one salesmen, who sold him a Magikarp, and everyone is hungry and considers eating it.

Now that I think about it, even the pokedex mentions that pokemon eat other pokemon;
Roserade: It
attracts prey with a sweet aroma, then downs it with thorny whips hidden in it's arms.
Luxray: It has eyes that can see through anything. It spots and captures prey hiding behind objects.
Mightyeana: It chases down prey in a pack of about ten. They defeat foes with perfectly coordinated teamwork.

See? Indirect mentions of pokemon eating other pokemon in the wild.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, pokemon, as much as the franchise would like to make out as intelligent and human-like, are simply animals for the most part. This, of course, does not apply to all pokemon; Legendaries are forces of nature, not something to be killed and eaten. Honestly, though, intelligence, which would be a key factor in determining what would be considered livestock, would depend on the franchise you are looking at. The games depict all pokemon as unintelligent creatures who will only disobey you if you do not fulfill certain qualifications. Even Mewtwo, who is quite obviously intelligent in the other two areas, and is indeed a human-pokemon hybrid in the Manga, is simply a beast to follow directions in the games.

Certain pokemon have certain uses outside of battling. Chansey nurture on such an instinctive level that they are actually used in medical fields, and Machoke have uses in construction and laborious jobs. So, not every pokemon would be cultivated as livestock, but the Tauros and the Miltank? Sure. I'm sure that there is a way to prepare fish pokemon (Goldeen, Magikarp, Qwilfish, Lumineon, and so many more) so that they are edible. Humans are omnivores. This remains true in the anime, and there are no commonly accepted animals in the Pokemon World (anymore…). So yes, meat would have to come from somewhere.

Roasted Rattata, Poached Pachirisu, Tauros Jerky. I'm sure that meals like this must be common for the wilderness bound trainer; they have to feed themselves and their pokemon somehow. It puts a dark twist on the uses and applications of a Poke Ball, doesn't it? Still, there would be certain taboos applied. I must seem almost cannibalistic to eat a humanoid or an obviously intelligent pokemon. Pokemon that would commonly be pets - Eevee and Snubull, for example - I would find hard to believe would be sold at the local grocery market.

As for pokemon eating other pokemon? Do Heracross and Bulbasaur ring any bells? How about the threat of Pidgeotto eating Caterpie in the third episode? An aerodactyl tried to eat Ash. And didn't a Fearow try to eat Bill when he was fused with a rattata in the Manga? If you go to closer to the original games, you'll see more than indirect references to pokemon eating others. I still remember reading Furret's pokedex page in either Gold or Silver, stating that it ate the legs off of captured Rattata to prevent them from escaping.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Never mind the thought of eating Pokemon,but also when would be the best time to eat them? If you had Pokemon,would you suddenly stop for a rest and say "hey,I'm hungry. I'm gonna roast my Pidgey ."??? And would you use your other Pokemon to cook them,like maybe using a Rapidash so you can make Magikarp and chips?!? And just for fun,would you feed the rest of your party with the recently departed friend that they helped murder???!!!??? :shock: OMG...

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Haha,just had a hilarious idea...

TORCHIC AND MAYO!!! :lol:

Can't imagine how it might look,too busy laughing...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:43 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

First of all I must point out the topic title.
Miltank is a cow, bacon is pork. Tepig or Grumpig would be more appropriate.
In the Kanto episode featuring a farfetched who was trained to steal I believe the pokedex mentioned it being a popular dish or a delicacy and going back to Miltank in the Johto episode 'A Dairy Tale Ending' it is made clear that a great deal of dairy is Miltank based.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]