It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 X+Y info 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

EMBRACE THE WORD OF MIGHTY KALOS, HE WHO IS BOTH MAN AND DIVINE</Heimskr>

DragoBoy wrote:
Making a new HM that allows Pokémon to be ridden would be a good way of restricting it.

I seriously doubt they'll extend Gogoat's riding capability to any other Pokemon, let alone all the Pokemon that could conceivably carry a trainer. As it stands, it's a gimmick--Gogoat can only be ridden in one city (so far), and it doesn't even go fast enough to be worth it.
DragoBoy wrote:
Dark in Japanese is Evil, which covers demons. It mightn't even be called fairy in the english translations.

The source had the English names of Gogoat/Panchum/Helioptile/Fletchling a day before Pokemon.com revealed them. If they're calling a new type Fairy, that almost certainly will be the English name.
DragoBoy wrote:
Oh, and here is an image of the new region. There's a lot to talk about there, and a lot of rivers. Ugh water, why?

...that doesn't even look like that much water. Certainly not enough to remind anyone of Hoenn.

Going by the trailers, we're starting in the southeast in the mansions, then beeline NNW to Lumiose City. Victory Road/E4 is in the mountain east of the starting routes.

Tue May 14, 2013 4:53 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Looks like one of the landmarks in the region will be based on the Carnac Stones. Doesn't look like there will be a LHC based landmark though :(

Tue May 14, 2013 5:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I hope they have the Louvre and the Champs-Élysées and l'Arc de Triomphe and other recognizable French landmarks. France is one of my favorite places in the world. I'm very excited about this. Actually, in my last playthrough of LeafGreen, I named all my Pokémon French names. I only used Florizarre (Venusaur) throughout that entire game... But I named all the others that I caught just to fill the Pokédex by their French names, too.

Tue May 14, 2013 9:55 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
My tiers:

THE MOST LOVED GOD IN ALL THE EARTH. EVEN MIGHTY MEW COULDN'T EVEN LIVE UP TO IT:
CHESPIN

THE SECOND MOST LOVED GOD IN ALL THE EARTH:
Pandam or something :p

Meh:
Froakie, Fennkien, Xerneas, Fletchling

Meh, why?:
Elikiteru or something... And Gogoat

Why?:
Sylveon

BURN IT. BURN IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS:
Awakened Mewtwo.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed May 15, 2013 3:30 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

DragoBoy wrote:
Or maybe we were wearing high heels at the start of the game.

I approve of this hilarious mental image. xD

I'm getting more and more interested in this generation as information is released. I was "meh" about the Pokemon when I first saw them, but I've warmed up to everyone. ^^ Also, I don't understand why everyone is hating on the new Mewtwo form. I think it looks alright and we don't know how it's going to be different yet, so I'm open to it.

Wed May 15, 2013 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I swear, another tier post, and the entire world population of baby seals will experience exponential decay!
As per what has already been revealed, I'm kind of 'Yay!' On the entire subject, except those roller blades.
Can someone verify that roller blades are still in style in France? They seem to be too 90s for my taste.

Goodbye
"

Thu May 16, 2013 4:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Haunted Water wrote:
As per what has already been revealed, I'm kind of 'Yay!' On the entire subject, except those roller blades.
Can someone verify that roller blades are still in style in France? They seem to be too 90s for my taste.

I think roller blades were invented in France.

Thu May 16, 2013 6:11 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Haunted Water wrote:
I swear, another tier post, and the entire world population of baby seals will experience exponential decay!

What do you mean, are they still in style in France? They're still in style EVERYWHERE! They're the bee's knees!
DragoBoy wrote:
Haunted Water wrote:

I think roller blades were invented in France.

Yes, they were.

Thu May 16, 2013 7:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have an entire rant on how stupid the concept of rollerblades are (mostly on how stupid the concept was executed).

Goodbye
"

Thu May 16, 2013 11:51 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I wanted to do the tier thing. I was going to add in more stuff, but when you're being screamed at to turn your Phone off in class, you only have time to press one button, go to home screen and shove it into your pocket before the teacher snaps it up and bang! Phone gone forever.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Thu May 16, 2013 10:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James86134 wrote:
I wanted to do the tier thing. I was going to add in more stuff, but when you're being screamed at to turn your Phone off in class, you only have time to press one button, go to home screen and shove it into your pocket before the teacher snaps it up and bang! Phone gone forever.

Is your phone still alive?

Well, I'll do "The Tier Thing".

Awesomeh:
Gogoat

Good:
Xerneas, Fletchling

Meh:
Yveltal

Why? o_O:
Helioptile, Pancham

Dafuq? BURN THESE THINGS!!!
Mewthing, Sylveon

Fri May 17, 2013 10:20 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
Why? o_O:
Helioptile, Pancham

You really don't like Pancham? He looks so definitely Pokemon to me I feel like I've already played with the little critter haha

Buuut I have to agree with the new Mewtwo, it has a long way to go before I even consider transforming my perfectly imperfect mew clone with any such said item and turn him into Buutwo

Fri May 17, 2013 2:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MrDeadlyBootz wrote:
GhostPony750 wrote:
Why? o_O:
Helioptile, Pancham

You really don't like Pancham? He looks so definitely Pokemon to me I feel like I've already played with the little critter haha.

I agree that it feels like a true pokemon, and that is a great design, but I still doesn't like his design, the same way I don't like Snubbul, for exemple.
Their angry look on their face... no.

Fri May 17, 2013 9:02 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

For some reason, Pokemon's starting to sound confusing to me lol

Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have to admit, that against all odds, I actually hope that this Fairy-type rumor turns out to be true. I'm normally such a "keep the games the way they are" kind of person that I surprised even myself lol. I'm still a little "meh" on most of the revealed pokemon so far however.

Also, I think the fact that they didn't tell us Sylveon's typing when they announced it gives a little bit of credit to this rumor... I mean why else would they hold off?

Sat May 18, 2013 10:05 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I hated the idea at first but now I practically demand that it be more than just a rumor because the idea has potential, the type match-ups really help the balance of the chart and it would help XY feel more new and exciting after BW felt so rehashed. As long as they make more than like, ten Fairy-type Pokemon, which was the same problem that Dark and Steel had when they were new. Oh and any if they're planning on changing any of them, the Normal-types should just be changed to Fairy-type instead of Normal/Fairy-type because that's kind of ridiculous.

Sat May 18, 2013 10:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm slightly worried that if they decide to change some current poke's type to Fairy, they might use that as an excuse of sorts to not make many -new- Fairy types. That being said, converting some old underused pokemon, such as Mawile, could really bring some of them back into the spotlight. Please be true, rumor. o.o

Sat May 18, 2013 12:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

James86134 wrote:
I wanted to do the tier thing.

Even though I had already expressed my annoyance at people doing this.
GhostPony750 wrote:
Well, I'll do "The Tier Thing".

Read above.

Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Your annoyance is noted, DragoBoy.

Sat May 18, 2013 8:40 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Arekasune wrote:
I'm slightly worried that if they decide to change some current poke's type to Fairy, they might use that as an excuse of sorts to not make many -new- Fairy types. That being said, converting some old underused pokemon, such as Mawile, could really bring some of them back into the spotlight. Please be true, rumor. o.o

If they do it, I don't want them to half-ass it. They would need at least 25 Fairy-type (or any new-type) Pokemon for me to be satisfied with the addition of a new type, and preferably at least as many Fairies as they have Ghosts, which isn't that much more out of a field of 750+. The first thing I did was look at the Fairy egg group. Any of the Pokemon who are exclusive to that egg group -- Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Chansey, Audino, Plusle and Minun families -- would be fine candidates to me. Even Plusle and Minun because they have the least going for them out of any of the Pikachu-like clones. That's a dozen.

Now out of the Pokemon who are in Fairy and another group, who would be good? Togetic and Togekiss are pretty different from the typical Normal/Flyers so I'd change their Normal-types to Fairy-types. Fourteen. Mawile is already rumored to gain a Fairy-type. Fifteen. Granbull's Species is the Fairy Pokemon, so those dog Pokemon could convert. Seventeen. Sylveon would make eighteen. If they could come up with another ten or so new Fairy-types, I think that would make a good starting Generation for the type. And that's not even getting into things that could be classified as "faeries" like Misdreavus/Mismagius, Volbeat and Illumise, Milotic, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, etc.

Sat May 18, 2013 9:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think you nailed it there, Frost. If those pokemon aren't changed, then I would have to think GameFreak had lost their marbles lol. I especially like the idea of Minum and Plusle, along with Granbull. Here's hoping they deliver!

Sat May 18, 2013 9:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think Mew should be Fairy-type, too. Well, half-Fairy. I know it's one of those event-exclusive Pokémon, but it just feels like it's already a Fairy. Maybe there wouldn't really be any reason to change it, but I'm just saying. And I definitely think that Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit should be Fairy-types as well.

Sat May 18, 2013 11:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
I agree that it feels like a true pokemon, and that is a great design, but I still doesn't like his design, the same way I don't like Snubbul, for exemple.
Their angry look on their face... no.

Haha I feel ya, I kinda like the little angry face repping the panda way lol

However, as far as these rumors go I think Frost should write a letter to GameFreak and if they don't hire him on the spot there's no hope for Pokemon without such like minds. The typing is a perfect way to balance out the game a little although I do worry that it's immunity to Dragon is going to be complicate things and deplete the Dragon quota significantly, but it will give those little guys just the boost they need to get themselves some serious competitive use as more than just walls...or even more fortified walls.

Mon May 20, 2013 12:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The official XY website has updated with more info:
-Fairy type confirmed.
-Pokémon-Amie (a new way of bonding with a Pokémon. Looks similar to NintenDogs)
-2 new Pokémon, Noivern and Vivillon

Release date is October 12.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:47 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Adding more detail to DragoBoy's post:

New Pokemon: Vivillon, a butterfly/moth, and Noivern, a dragon
New Type: Fairy. Sylveon is the first new Pokemon to be added, and Marill, Gardevoir, and Jigglypuff are some of the old Pokemon that will have Fairy-type added. Moves are Super Effective against Dragon-type Pokemon.
New Moves: Moonblast and Fairy Wind, both Fairy-type.
New Feature: Pokemon-Amie. Kind of a virtual pet thing you use to deepen the bond with your Pokemon by feeding/playing with them. Still no idea what the usage of bonds will be. Also the name provides more implication that Kalos is based on France.
Worldwide Release Date: October 12, 2013.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next