because I'm too lazy/noncommittal to make a banner for a forum game
Ladies and gentlemen, dudes and dudettes, I, DNA-zama, do humbly welcome you to my interesting spin on Pokemon Werewolf, namely Psypoke Werewolf XXI! Because the number 21 is in the title, you can expect me to be making a lot of beer jokes and whatnot, but it might go beyond that as well. Only time will tell! You'll have to keep on your toes when the trollmeister is your GM and has slipped in a bunch of interesting tricks to make you think fast!!
I'm sure all of you are familiar with how Werewolf is run, so I'll just skip right to the rules and how-tos of this game.
1) Post in this topic saying you're in, and pick ONE Pokémon you'd like to play as. (Your choice of Pokémon DOES matter, it's how I'll determine what your abilities are.) To avoid confusion and lack of flavor, I am not going to allow two different players to choose the same Pokémon. (I'd also encourage you not choose a Pokémon with the same or similar typing as that of another player, but I will not enforce this.) Oh, and before anyone asks, legendary Pokémon don't get any special bonuses for being legendary. The playing field is even.
2) Signups will go until Wednesday May 22th 11.30pm Pacific Daylight Time.
This is to allow a lot more people to join. It's also when my classes end. Once that date comes, or we get a lot of people (say 20-25 or so), I'll hand out the roles and randomly choose who the wolves are going to be.
3) The game is going to start at NIGHT - so the wolves get first pick on who to kill. However, those of you who have roles you can use at night are free to use them as well; you'll know when the time comes when I hand the roles out. Night phases in a game generally last about 3 days of real-world time.
4) After I get role info from all the people I need to get roles from, I process everything, I write something fancy, and then the day begins. You'll find out who died (if anyone) along with various other bits of information I decide to slide into the start-of-day update. Then you guys vote on who to lynch. Day phases in a game generally last about 7 days of real-world time. The player who gets lynched that day is the player who got the most votes against them in that 7-day period, OR if a player had a number of votes against them equal to a simple majority (50% plus 1), whichever happens sooner
. Then the day ends instantly and I write up an end-of-day update in similar fashion to the start-of-day update. Then the night starts and the cycle repeats itself.
5) At some points during the game, when circumstances warrant, I will declare a GAME FREEZE
(all caps, all bold, and all yellow) in the topic. When I post that, no one gets to post ANYTHING until I say the game is un-frozen. Then you may proceed as normal. Generally, I will declare a GAME FREEZE
whenever someone has enough votes to lynch them. In fact, assume all GAME FREEZE
s are because someone's about to be lynched, unless I say so. (Periodically during the day, I will also post vote counts. Do not bother posting vote counts yourself; I will handle that.
Other misc. rules:
~You cannot post during the night, during a GAME FREEZE, or if you are dead.
First offense gets a verbal warning from me; second offense will make me smite you with the Hand of God and remove you from the game.
~Do NOT edit your posts, under any circumstances.
If you made a mistake, wait for someone else to post and then re-post, but don't edit any of your posts. First offense gets a verbal warning from me; second offense will make me smite you with the Hand of God and remove you from the game.
~When someone dies, I will reveal part of that player's role, as well as whether or not that player was a wolf.
I will do that in the end-of-day update. What I choose to reveal is not random; my reveals are very intentional.
~You are not allowed to publicly reveal your role (i.e. quote verbatim what I sent you via PM at the start of the game).
This will instantly result in your being smitten with the Hand of God. I will even smite you if you quote a FAKE role PM, so don't try it. NOTE: If you say what your role does, in your own words (a paraphrase), even if it's a lie, that's fine. It's generally not in your best interest to say what your role does, however, but it is your choice to make.
~You are not allowed to talk about this game privately with others outside of this thread, unless I give special permission (e.g. if you're a wolf).
This basically means no buddy-buddy stuff, no alliances, none of it. If I find out about it, I will smite you with the Hand of God, so please keep all discussion about this game in this thread. ...This is basically an honor system, so I am trusting you people not to do this. But I doubt you'd have any reason to talk to others outside this thread, right?
~To vote for someone during the day, you need to bold and color-code your vote when you post.
Your vote doesn't need to be the only part of your post, but it has to be somewhere in your post. To vote for someone, you need to bold and color your vote red, like so:Vote: DNA
You are also allowed to unvote that person if you wish, and go vote for someone else to be lynched instead (you do have to unvote before you revote, though). There's no restriction on how many times you can unvote and revote during the day, although if I see it being used excessively, I may limit it. (You don't have to unvote and revote at the same time.) To unvote, you need to bold and color your vote green, like so:Unvote: DNA
The above is an example of an unvote followed by a revote. If you don't bold and color-code your votes, I will not count them.
~Remember, Mafia is a game of misinformation.
Do not be afraid to lie, twist the truth, or in some cases be so perfectly honest that no one believes you. There are virtually no limits on what you may say, so feel free to say whatever the heck you want in the thread, truth or lie. However, if you're still uncertain about something (e.g. am I allowed to say _________?), then feel free to PM me and ask, along with any other questions you have. If it's before the game starts, you can ask here publicly in the thread.
~Most importantly, have fun!
If you don't, I will smite you with the Hand of God.FAQs! and junk
Q: Are there going to be priests and seers in this game?
Q: Who gets a role?
A: Everybody. In fact, expect to have at least TWO things you can do.
Q: How are the wolves chosen?
A: Random Number Generator. If that fails, I will release the hounds and the last ones to die are the wolves.
Q: How many wolves are there?
A: About 25% of the enrolled players.
Q: Can we track our own vote counts like before?
A: You can, but they're going to be wrong.
Q: Can I host the next game?
Q: What's up with the game title and the alcohol references?
A: Because #dolo.
Q: Are you going to stop posting FAQs?
A: Yes, but not right now.
Q: I died and found out something awesome! Can I share?
A: If you are not a living player in this game, YOU MAY NOT POST. Ever. Not until I say so.
Q: I'm confused about something. Can I ask you about it?
A: Sure. I can't answer everything, but I will answer what I can.
Q: Is there anything else I should know?
A: If there is, I'll edit it into the OP.
Q: So does that mean you're going to shut up now?
1. Chillbill - Aggron
2. James86134 - Sneasel
3. Dare234 - Medicham : Wolf - Lynched Day 6
4. SanguinaryScientist - Spinarak : Town - Killed by the wolves Night 3
5. Haunted Water - Victini : Town - Killed by the wolves Night 2
6. Argonaut457 - Charmeleon : Indie - Smitten by Hand of God Day 2
7. twistedturtwig - Whimsicott : Wolf - Suffocated Day 5
8. Cherrygrove - Dunsparce : Town - Froze to death Night 4
9. PMJ - Glaceon : Wolf - Lynched day 3
10. Eeveelution-Master - Vaporeon : Seer - Killed by the wolves Night 1
11. Ghostpony750 - Articuno : Town - Killed by the wolves Night 5
12. Wailord_2 - Metapod
13. Joe the Conqueror - Steelix : Alpha Wolf - Lynched day 7
14. filter - Garbodor
15. Drago_girl - Lanturn : Town - Smitten by Hand of God Day 2
16. DragoBoy - Giratina : Wolf - Drowned Night 1
17. JsXtm - Dragonite : Town - Suffocated Day 1
18. mudkip mistriss - Mudkip
19. alkranite - Squirtle : Town - Lynched Day 4