It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Braving the Unknown Redux (Round Three is out now!) 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Hey guys, Argo here. This was a game I tried awhile back, and well, sadly, it failed. This was only, however, because of my inactivity and lack of a sufficient amount of players. I'm going to try it again, with a different story and different twists, but the rules, in general, will remain the same, and the game's format will basically stay the same as well. To get an idea of how this works, and see if you find this interesting, read the first game here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28747

I can assure you that, seeing as it is a year later, I've become a better writer and a better storyteller (as it became a hobby of mine).

Just like last time, here is the first bit of the story to give everyone an idea of the plot:

"The Royal court was silent, except for the clanging noise of thin, solid gold hitting the floor. A man fell to his knees. The former Royal Guard watched as a crown rolled down the stairs leading up to a velvet covered throne.

The head of a king would soon follow.

But the small group of civilians, running for their lives as their town and everyone else still in it burned, did not know this, nor did they know who or what had done the horrible deed of attacking a peaceful kingdom when it was most defenseless. As the group finally clambered out of the large stone walls that used to give them a false sense of security, the top steeple of the castle went up in a blaze, signaling the kingdoms total surrender.

One of the few remaining stop to catch his breath. "Maybe we should just head back... They might go easy on us if we don't run..."

Off in the distance, a voice was heard. "No prisoners! No survivors! No mercy!"

So the group pressed on, unsure of where they were going, unsure of what they could do."

The rules are as follows (basically the same, but with a few important changes):

RULES:
1) This game will last NO LONGER than mid June 2013 unless otherwise notified.
2) This is a game of fate and chance, all decisions are final, and there is no second chances.
3) How to play the game-
A- to sign up, just post that you are interested
B- as stated in the story, you will be faced with many choices along the course of this game. To respond to them, simply post your choice below within the time limit given. There are no re-dos or changing your mind, so make sure your positive your answer is the one you want.
C- Just like last time, I am allowing the use of the comments to discuss possible team ups or suggestions.
D- Although this game may seem endless, there is already a planned ending for those who make specific choices. This means your journey will end in one of three ways:
1- Find another settlement and be saved.
2- Survive all the rounds, but do not make it to another settlement.
3- Perish in your journey, and be eliminated from the game.
E- a new section of the story will be posted WEEKLY (I promise to keep up with it this time). With each section, I will give a due date for all answers. If you do not respond within the time limit, you will be automatically "killed" in the story, and your journey will end.

And finally, REWARDS-
Perish along your journey- no reward (better luck next time...)
Survive all rounds before game ends, but do not find end goal (other settlement)- 10 psybucks
Find another settlement and be saved- 20 psybucks
LONE SURVIVOR BONUS- 100 psybucks

Example scenario:

There are one of three paths in the forest you chose to go into the previous round. I would describe the looks of each path. For instance, one may be overgrown with forest life, one may be hard and rocky, the other may look like something. You choose one of them.

Path one leads you on a detour, but you would not know this until later.
Path two was unstable, causing a rockslide, killing you, thus eliminating you from the game.
Path three leads you in the right direction, but you wouldn't know that. It would simply lead you to another choice and another situation.

Other choices may not directly effect you right away, for instance, exploring a cave may seem to be only a distraction or a trap, but something you find inside may help you or even save you from death, should you make a wrong choice.

Now the point of this game is to not know what's coming, so don't expect these choices in the game, this was just an example to make the game more clear.

Any questions? Post in the comments, and I will answer them ASAP.

Last edited by Argonaut457 on Mon May 20, 2013 11:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Argonaut457 wrote:
and different twists

You called?

I'm in.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Wow that was fast. It's like you knew ahead of time or something...

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This is new. I'm in.
fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfiller

Goodbye
"

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:14 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
And it was only a few days ago I was reading your last one. I am definetely in. This could be e next werewolf.

(Or at least come to second to werewolf.)

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wow, I touched to be getting great reception! Lets start a list, like in werewolf, just so I can keep track of everyone.

Quote:
Current survivors:
Twistedturtwig
Haunted Water
James

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
1. Its going to be a short game. A week of signups. Only going to Mid June. Lets see...

Come to a split path. Mountains, swamp, forest. Choose Mountains. Come to a fork. Choose left.

Last decision: Settlement or death. Very small game.

2. Will there be items at the start like last time?

3. Can I be a shapeshifter in the game?

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James86134 wrote:

No, you can't, you are an everyday boring person.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:01 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

twistedturtwig wrote:
James86134 wrote:

No, you can't, you are an everyday boring person.

That was meant to be a joke. Why do I have to be boring. You can't be boring if you're in hospital with a brain concussion!

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Lets see how this turns out.

Is a geek boring?
:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

What about a red guy who has a black line on his face?

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

James86134 wrote:
1. Its going to be a short game. A week of signups. Only going to Mid June. Lets see...

Come to a split path. Mountains, swamp, forest. Choose Mountains. Come to a fork. Choose left.

Last decision: Settlement or death. Very small game.

2. Will there be items at the start like last time?

1) Do I detect some Mordin speech? You a Mass Effect player, James? Also, the game can be extended, and could go on for quite awhile, depending on many factors.

2) You're not supposed to know anything until you are unwillingly thrown into it. I know, but you have to find out for yourself.

3) TT's answer is appropriate. The theme of this game is uncertainty and fear. It wouldn't be too fun if someone could use a power of any sort to get themselves out of a deadly situation, in fact it defeats the purpose of the game, even.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This sounds awesome
I'm in

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James86134 wrote:
And it was only a few days ago I was reading your last one. I am definetely in. This could be e next werewolf.

(Or at least come to second to werewolf.)

You tools just wait until you see the new game I have brewing up. It should be more like WW's dysfunctional little brother, but you still play with him because he's an awesome person and everyone loves him.

Goodbye
"

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A list, guys, give me a LIIIISSSSSTTTT.

Quote:
Current survivors:
Twistedturtwig
Haunted Water
James
Sanguinary Scientist

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:01 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

the list wrote:
Current survivors:
Twistedturtwig
Haunted Water
James
Sanguinary Scientist
Eeveelution-Master

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

the list wrote:
Current survivors:
Twistedturtwig
Haunted Water
James
Sanguinary Scientist
Eeveelution-Master
GhostPony750

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:48 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Answer to a whole bunch of things.

Argo: Neve played Mass effect. Never play CoD and all those other games. In fact, I don't even own an Xbox. That's right, its too mainstream :ugeek:

Haunted: A new game. Maybe it will be... Turns suddenly and dramtically... MAFIA

4 or more people guys. Good game with 10 people. Lets go.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Count me in.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

the list wrote:
Current survivors:
1.Twistedturtwig
2.Haunted Water
3.James
4.Sanguinary Scientist
5.Eeveelution-Master
6.GhostPony750
7.ChillBill

3 or more to go.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the list wrote:
Current survivors:
1.Twistedturtwig
2.Haunted Water
3.James
4.Sanguinary Scientist
5.Eeveelution-Master
6.GhostPony750
7.ChillBill
8.Dare234

For some reason I didn't sign up last time and I kind of regretted it, so I'm in.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks for all of those who've been putting ads for the game in their signatures! As of now, we have an equal amount of people as the first game did, but I think I'll take what you guys have been suggesting and wait for ten.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the list wrote:
Current survivors:
1.Twistedturtwig
2.Haunted Water
3.James
4.Sanguinary Scientist
5.Eeveelution-Master
6.GhostPony750
7.ChillBill
8.Dare234
9.DragoBoy

Hopefully we will get to finish the game this time (and if we survive until the end, that's a bonus)

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright! 9 players! If we get one more today or tomorrow, I can -almost- promise part one over the weekend!

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright, so I'm going to leave the signs open for the rest of today, hoping to get that tenth person (even number, god-DANGIT). If not, I'll start the game tomorrow, if I can.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Part one:

One of the few remaining stop to catch his breath. "Maybe we should just head back... They might go easy on us if we don't run..."

Off in the distance, a voice was heard, "No prisoners! No survivors! No mercy!"

"That's a no!" shouted one of the members, who was holding a bow, arrow notched, "Keep going, or you're dead!"

Right then and there, the wall they had climbed out of exploded, with armor-clad knights running in a blood lust towards the group.

As the group ran, they were forced to listen behind them as the slow were picked off. The few brave souls who turned and fight to buy the group time were cut down quickly, and even a few of the fast ones were picked off with arrows.

"The moat's up ahead! Go for the bridge! The bridge! The bridge!"

"Argo, keep up!" One of the group members yelled.

The mysterious archer, Argo, reaching into the pack that clung to his side, took a bottle of mead out and opened it as the group neared the bridge.

Confused, several of those running along side him yelled. "Now is not the best time for a drink, Argo! What the hell are you doing?" was a popular response.

"This ends now!" he yelled, as he poured the bottle at his feet while he ran across the bridge. After all were across, he stopped, and, sparking a flame with a piece of flint and a rock that also occupied his bag, he lit an arrow, and fired.

The bridge went up in flames as soon as the arrow made contact. The villagers, assuming they were relatively safe, stopped to finally catch their breath.

"Well guys," Argo gasped out, "This is going to be one hell of a-"

Argo was thrown to the ground, an arrow lodged in his back.

"Archers! Keep running! Go!"

A volley of death landed on the group at that very moment, killing most of what was left. After finally escaping the reach of the all-to-acurate archers, only nine remained, one carrying the body of the man that had saved their lives.

"So, what now?" Twist asked, a glooming sense of despair in his voice.

"We press on." Chill stated. "Argo saved our lives, or at least, some of our lives. Let's not throw away the chance he gave us."

"He still had his bag on him." HW noticed. "Plus his bow and quiver."

"Lets see whats inside." James said, nervously.

After shifting through the contents of the dead mans bag, the group found nothing that would be much use.

The bow only had two arrows left in it's accompanying quiver.
The pocket knife in the bag with a bit rusted.
The extra leather belt was old and frail.
The rope was short and the ends were frilling.
The canteen of water was half empty.
The loaf of bread was squashed and almost completely eaten.

But then the items got even weirder.

There was some sort of small, metal ball, half red and half white. If you pushed the button in the middle, it popped open, but nothing was inside.

There was a card of some sort, wrapped carefully in a rag, that had the picture of a strange looking man, clad in armor, holding a sword and shield. The writing on the card was old and faded, and the only word that could be made out was "luster".

Finally, there was a hat of some sort, that looked nothing like anything any of the group had ever seen before. It had the letters "NY" inscribed on the front, and looked rather strange in design.

"So... who gets what?" Twist questioned.

"We'd better hurry and pick. We could be getting pursued. The faster we get out of here the better." Dare pointed out.

Three trails lay off in front of the group. Each looked exactly the same, except for a few minor details.

Path one seemed to have more weeds and wildflowers overgrowing it.

Path two was strangely more muddy than either of the others, even though it had not rained in days.

Path three was completely overgrown, with roots and thorns sticking out everywhere. It was walkable, but still.

"Lets just hurry up and get going. If we all take one path, we could all be saved together, or killed together. If we spilt up, we'll probably never see each other again, even if we all do survive." Drago stated.

"Thanks for that, Mr. Positive." Eevee mumbled.

The group sat and thought for awhile. As the day reached noon, the group knew it was the perfect time to set out. They picked their items and went...

-END OF ROUND ONE-

Whew, that was lengthy. I promise not all of them will be this long (unless you guys like it this way).

Okay, so the first choice is simple. Pick an item and pick a path. There's only one of each item, so it's first come, first serve. Items work the same as they did in the last game, they can play themselves out, or you can use them if you think they'll be helpful. Only catch is, if you use it at a time when it's not meant to be used, there's only a 50% chance you'll get it back (To be determined by a RNG).

Also, please copy/paste the following list into your response, and cross off the items you choose as you go.

Remaining items:
    The bow and two arrows
    The pocket knife
    The extra leather belt
    The rope
    The canteen of water
    The loaf of bread
    The strange ball
    The old card
    The weird hat

Post your choice with you path and item ASAP. You have until next weekend, or until everyone responds.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I call the baseball hat. When the sun is shining down on us, I'm going to be the only one in the shade. And keeping cool can be extremely useful. Plus, who doesn't love the Yankees?

I'll also take the overgrown path with the roots. It may be less traversable, but the first path seems deceptively peaceful, and the second sounds like it's heading to a swamp.

EDIT: I'm so good at following the rules.

Items wrote:
The bow and two arrows
The pocket knife
The extra leather belt
The rope
The canteen of water
The loaf of bread
The strange ball
The old card
The weird hat

Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next