It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Rebuild of Team Midnight 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bill climbed in the helicopter. His heart leaped as he saw Gina. He just walked straight to her and pulled her in his arms. No words were needed.
After a while, Bill became aware of the audience. He and Gina separated and moved back to their seats. "Time to fly Scarlet." Bill said, trying to ignore the way his teammates eyed him. Next to him, Gina laughed.
---------------------------------------
Bill and Gina rushed in the meeting room. "Sorry for being late, guys. These girls are never on time." This earned him a punch on the shoulder from Gina. Bill chuckled as he sat down and the meeting began.
Wolf and Krysta reported first. Bill couldn't help smiling at the news of their engagement. "Congratulations! The best to both of you!" Gina and him exchanged looks. They had long decided that marriage wasn't something neccessary for them, but still they felt happy for their friends. Axel and Jimmy were the next to report. Their news were not the best, but things went well at least. Bill stood up.
"Together with Crimson, we scoured the regions to find Psyche Academies. Things went pretty good with them. I'm also glad to report that Pokemon are reappearing in areas where they had disappeared. Crimson's Venusaur and my Scizor helped us track down numerous Pokemon in the Viridian Forest, including rare species like Pikachu. I'm positive that things will become even better in the near future, if we hunt down the remaining Psyche clones."
Gina followed Bill in the reports. "Together with Scarlet, we took care of things here. Nothing very noticeable. Scarlet was in charge of most things, though, so she might have something to say of which I'm unaware."

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Silas followed Spence up to the meeting room where some of the others were waiting and some were just arriving. Silas nodded in greeting and took a seat at the table.

Soone enough Spence called the meeting to order. “It’s been awhile... As you know all know, this reunion today... we’re not here to socialize or exchange pleasantries. We’re here to recruit new members. They’ll all be arriving here shortly. But also, it’s to discuss the future of Team Midnight. So, who will begin? Tell me, what have you all been up to during my absence.”

Wolf was the first to speak up, giving a description of the Night Stalkers and how he wanted to track them down, as well as a brief rundown of David. When Krysta piped in with news of their engagement, Silas smiled. "Congratulations!"

Alex started speaking next, going over how Saffron was being rebuilt, apparently a slow process, and gave a brief rundown of some other areas in Kanto.

At that moment Jimmy waltzed in, completely unconcerned. Team Rocket was growing in size and Jimmy and the professor were still trying to find a way to get rid of the clone cells.

At that point Bill was the next to speak. He went over the destruction of the Psyche academies and how some regions were starting to recover with the destruction of clones. Gina gave a brief report on main HQ.

"I guess I'm next. I've been tracking and eliminating clones throughout Hoenn. I've eliminated quite a few but there are still a few here and there. The region is developing nicely with the clones disappearing. The areas near Lilycove, the old safari zone and the ocean are slightly better off due to our HQ, but overall it's proceeding nicely. I've recorded an increase in Wailmer and Wailord numbers with is a huge indicator that the oceans are especially well off. Psyche also hasn't been overly active and when they did act up, they were crushed. Other than that, not much has been going on."

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:30 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The young man watched as Sam left for the hallway. He pouted. Samuel was the first pokemon trainer he met in the regions. It kinda sucked he had up and left... and just like that. Maybe he should’ve been nicer to him. Leo revealed a potion hidden away, looking to it before shoving it back into his pocket, he whispered, “I guess the nurse will see him soon anyway... He did storm in like a loser earlier. Who’s to know what kinda guys must frequent this place. I should’ve helped him, but that old man just got on my nerves, I dunno... He was... searching for something before we found him. I wonder what it was...?”

Leo gasped, looking to his shoulder. Sparky wasn’t there to listen to him. He chuckled sadly, slumping his head as his dark red hair fell over his eyes, “Right...”

In his mood, he directed himself to Aaron, at least he had managed to mention his name, unlike some people, “Aaron, huh? Well, is that so? I suppose it’s not a wild guess that you’re friends with the group working for Midnight. Please, entertain me with the reason Team Midnight is so different to Psyche four years ago?” he cracked a smug smirk, “Why do you want to join Team Midnight, anyway?”

Leo placed his hands behind his hand, leaning back, “I mean, I have my reasons. What’s yours?”

---

Inside the conference room ---

Spence gazed, having mediated on the situation of the Psyche clones himself. David, Wolf’s copy, was free to do whatever he willed with his new body. Unless it was against Ki’s wishes, David was capable of anything. Spence contemplated why Ki would allow David to act the way he has --- if according to what Wolf said was true or false. Wolf however knew David better than anyone, since they were once one and the same person.

Of course, the backlash of Team Midnight taking the Psyche government four years passed and taking the three regions Kanto, Johto and Hoenn would spur anti-Midnight groups, pro-Psyche as Wolf had mentioned. The Night Stalkers --- Spence glared --- they were probably all old Psyche soldiers who had sworn to their old alliances. They probably hadn’t the faintest idea what Psyche really was, what Psyche was really up to.

Silas and Crimson were Ex-Psyche, it wouldn’t have been in their wildest dreams that clones --- Ki, Diseh and Xalia were pulling the strings, let alone their master above them even them --- Kikyo, the nightmare.

“Wolf, you’re not a bounty hunter anymore. You’re a Midnight Elite. Team Midnight earns enough funds for you and Root. In a couple more years, we’ll even have expanded into our own government agency. Team Rocket is helping us get there.”

Spence coughed under his own breath, “And yeah, congratulations... Hack.”

Alex along with Scarlet had been helping Spence out in the two connecting regions. The Psyche building incident at Saffron City--- after it all finally went down, a large chunk of the populous thought the rebels, Team Midnight to blame. It wasn’t so far from the truth. Spence still felt to blame for Mewtwo’s attack and Sarah’s death that day.

Jimmy’s entrance reminded him of the Mewtwo cells that they all carried in their bodies now. All thanks to Diseh and the professor... everyone who was held captive at the Psyche building four years ago were injected with the same cells all Psyche soldiers had. Psyche soldiers were then controlled, manipulated to do Psyche’s bidding... however, it was thought everyone there had avoided the cells influence, and kept their sense of self.

A useful trait of the Mewtwo cells within their bodies was the power to be able to control a legendary clone. So far, no negative reactions had been found. ---only time would tell.

“Good work, Jimmy... and I’m sure you all understand why we need the professor’s further help and advice.”

---

After listening to Aaron, Leo went out in search of Samuel. Luckily, he wasn't too hard to find down the hallway further down from the waiting room. “Hey, listen. I'm sorry I didn't help you out back there. I guess... I was preoccupied. Here,” Leo handed him a potion, “So, tell me, why did you follow me? It was your choice... But now, you’re acting as if you don’t want to be here after all.”

Leo’s eyes gazed, “That old man said legendary clones are heartless. That can’t be true... could it?”

---

“Thank you, Bill, Silas... Scarlet gave me a debriefing earlier today before she headed out. I’m aware of the legendary clones decline, but they are still a problem, nevertheless.”

“It’s true that legendary clones are deceasing rapidly, but we still don’t know what this means for the pokemon world. Maybe this has something to do with us. In any case, after the recruiting process is finished, we’ll find these Night Stalkers and put a stop to them. After we’ll take the airship to Sinnoh, I’ve waited long enough, I have to find Ki and the others and put a stop to them before this tired old man’s body through...”

Spence took a stand, his Umbreon opening an eye from its peaceful nap in the corner, “Wolf, since you have a lead on the Night Stalkers, I want you to take someone and find their base of operations. Report back after immediately, do not make any direct confrontations with the enemy. The rest of the Elites... Crimson, Alex, Bill... also, Jimmy, Silas, I want you to stay here and help me with the recruitment process. It’s going to be a long day.”

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:38 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Samuel looked down at the potion in front of him. He had no idea what it was. He looked up at Leo and gave him a puzzled look. "I... I have no idea what this is. If its some kind of healing thing, thanks. My Pokèmon literally live off of Sitrus and Oran berries. And even they were hard to find in the Sinnoh Region."
Samuel kept looking at it. It looked expensive. The tinted glass contained a blue, sloshy liquid. He still was confused on what it was.

((Samuel has been living in the Sinnoh region bush. He's been surrounded by war, so he has no idea what a Potion or a Burn Heal is. Berries all the way 8-) .))

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Crimson gave Scarlet the quick list of things that he, Silas, and Bill had been working on and keeping eyes on. She seemed to grab a good handle as she slid into Crimson's desk and began going through the paperwork.
-----------
Crimson listened patiently, not having much to include after Bill's summary. He noted that he felt that his alter ego, David, wasn't a part of him anymore.

He reflected back to that time, so many years ago, that he and Wolf were captives in a Psyche lab. Crimson had been there once before and that was when Red was created. The idea of a clone of Wolf showing up made him uneasy to the idea of another clone of himself. Crimson looked over his shoulder at Latios, who had picked up on his worry.

As Spence was closing the meeting Crimson motioned his hand that he had something to say. "Another thing that I've observed is that the cloned Pokemon that didn't become hostile have tried to adapt into the environment. Sadly most of the native Pokemon rejected them and fought them in large groups. Though I have seen a few number actually find their own habitat and have been doing well since then."

He let out a deep sigh as he heard he was to assist with the recruits. It really was going to be a long day.
----------------
A young woman stood at the main door of the Color base, an arrow knotched in her bow. "You won't get pass me."

A man stood with a katana drawn pointing at the girl, "You won't kill me, not like you could if you even tried." He smirked darkly at her, "I on the other hand........will."

She saw as he sprinted towards her with inhuman speed, loosing her arrow immediately. The man quickly dodged the arrow. The girl smiled as she pushed a button on her bow, causing a surprising blast of smoke to fill the area.

"Very clever. No wonder why he would make you his right hand. I just thought it was because of your pretty....little....face!" A fist came out of the smoke and attempted to strike her down. She blocked purely by reflex, wincing at the strength.

The girl counted with a swift kick, only to be stopped in mid-air and spun to the ground. She landed hard and picked herself up quickly. The man laughed in the thinning smoke, "You can't beat me. You're not even close to my level of combat." The girl went in for more strikes, "But I have a reason to fight! I fight for him till my dying breath!" Every punch and kick was blocked, then the last one was countered, sending her skidding across the ground.

The man appeared behind her and leaned to her ear to whisper, "You weren't the one that trained with me. You have no idea what I'm capable of. Now I'm going to ask you once more; Where is he? Where is Crimson?"

((In case someone didn't know the second portion was the past.))

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

(("How was Midnight different from Psyche four years ago?" ...Is this some sort of pop quiz, Mr. Crunchy?))
Aaron sighed. "I don't really know. The only reason why I know they exist 'n' stuff is because one of the Elites is a childhood friend."
The kid asked the reason he was joining. "Well, when I was 12, my parents fell victim to a couple of stray bullets in a fire fight at a Cerulean City tavern. It was between two Psyche soldiers and a rebel, the latter being a friend as well. Oddly, my older brother left around this time too." Aaron paused. "I pulled this," he showed his revolver, "Off of the rebel. He had fired four bullets. Three barely missed, while one tore a hole into one of the soldier's abdominals. The two that were left in the cylinder I still have. The ones that were supposed to end the fight. One for each." Aaron said ominously.
"So, what's your reason? And I'm afraid I never got your name."
------
Wolf sighed. "Very well. I guess that would make sense. However, they are secretive in what they do. I may need to capture one in order to find out more. Krysta, let's go."

Goodbye
"

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gina shook her head. "Seems you don't need me. I'm gonna finish going through my own paperwork." She sighed and moved off.
Bill turned at Spence. "A long day indeed. Interviews and battles? I hope they have potential." He pulled a Pokeball out of his pocket. "You think it's wise to have them battle a clone? Tornadus is a pretty good example of what they're going to see if they join us. A heartless death machine with a trainer's intelligence behind. Crimson mentioned clones who tried to adapt, but in their majority they don't act like this. I'm actually afraid every time I use Tornadus... I rarely do it." He shuddered. "So, do you think it's safe for them to square off against it?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"That's... a pretty bizarre story, Aaron. Wow, sounds a western shootout gone wrong or something... In any case, losing your parents must've been tough. I don't remember mine, but I had a grandfather, and a sister..."

"So, what's your reason? And I'm afraid I never got your name."

"Oh, I guess those are the sort of things they'd want to know in the interview, huh..." Leo stared in space before answering the question, "I guess, my main reason is finding out what happened to my sister when Psyche took her from me, and, I want to find out what happened to my mentor after he left the islands... I wouldn't mind proving myself against the Elites either... I was told a story once, many years ago, there was something called a Pokemon League and a Champion..." Leo chuckled to himself, "I wouldn't mind becoming Champion one day, once this is all over, that is."

Leo sighed, turning his back to Sam, "This guy... I lived on an island and I still knew what a potion was..."

"Oh!" Leo turned back to Aaron, "And my name is Leo."

---

"Alright, but seeing as we still know next to nothing about the world the clones were created from --- the Realm, we'll only be guessing their real, true nature. Let's finish this meeting for today. Before we get to it, I'll give everyone a lunch break," Spence nodded, looking to Jimmy before he left the room completely, "Oh, and Jimmy, there's something I want to discuss with you alone, if that's okay."

---

"Here you go, young man, your Pikachu is as good as new!" the nurse warmly smiled. Sparky jumped happily from her arms and before brushing its yellow flurry head into Leo's cheek.

Leo embraced Sparky, "Haha, Sparky, you're back! Thanks, nurse! Hehe," Leo smiled, being reunited his friend, "This is the first time we've ever been separated, huh, Sparky? Well, I promise it won't happen again, you can count on it." Sparky nodded.

The nurse walked over to Samuel who seemed a bit lost with his potion, "Would you like me to take care of your pokemon? Sorry I haven't gotten to you sooner, you're entrance seemed a little off the way you stormed inside, so we had to keep an eye on you. I'm sure you understand. We can't be too careful, you know."

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Alex groaned as he took his break. He was really hoping to get assigned to something a bit more...important. But then, Midnight really could use the extra man power. Fighting the job will only make it harder to accomplish. He closed his eyes just as his phone started to buzz. He smirked slightly before clicking it open.

"Hello?"

"I miss you, when are you finally gonna come see me?"

Alex laughed lightly before responding. "Soon. We're working on recruitment. How's the kid?"

"Ugh! Its not even out yet, Alex. Have some patience. It's only been a few months."

He smiled to himself. He was actually a bit excited about becoming a father. "I've gotta let you go, babe. Back to work."

The two exchanged their good-byes and Alex sighed before clicking the cheap phone shut. Alex lounged back, resting his eyes for awhile before his time for imminent return.

-------------------

Jimmy tilted his head back to Spence with a grin. "Sure thing, boss." Jimmy dove his hands into his pockets and followed Spence out of the room. He wasn't too worried, honestly. Maybe something about research or more concern about spending so much time with Sid. Jimmy's mind often drifted to some sort of lecture since the days he and his brothers took refuge under Axel. Considering the boys weren't terribly behaved, Axel often gave them a good moral lashing. Once the two were alone, Jimmy stood before Spence expectantly.

-------------------

Lucia eyed a small piece of paper carefully before drawing her eyes back up to the large building before her. "This seems adequate enough. I do hope that Crimson isn't sending me on a wild goose chase..." She stepped forward as the wind blew the tail of her white cloak behind her. Once approaching the door, two men in black uniforms stopped her for identification. "Lucia Le'Blanc of Azalea. I have a permitted request from Trevor Farrow to come here." After a moment or so of silence, they eyed the golden lining of her sword sheath. She narrowed her eyes and met their stare back with a challenging look. Slowly, they shifted apart from the door, allowing her entry to the Midnight HQ.

Lucia took a few minor steps in and looked around in confusion. This building was much larger than any from her small home town. She panicked slightly, as she always does in new locations. After a bit of exploration, she found herself in a room with two younger trainers. One going on about his Pikachu and the other seemingly confused by a simple potion. Lucia's face contorted to that of insult. How could he call her there to work with children? This job obviously wasn't taken seriously. Lucia grunted and strut toward the two. "Excuse me. Could you please point me in the direction of your superior? I would like to exchange a few words."

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bill sighed. "I guess you're right Boss-er, Spence. We can't be sure. I'll see what I can do. It depends on the newcomers' potential, after all." He adjusted the position of his sheath. "Lunch break sounds great. Crimson, wanna have lunch with me?" Bill walked out of the room. In doing so, he heard voices from the hallway. A woman's voice... Funny, I thought there were just guys when we arrived here.
"Can you point me in the direction of your superior? I would like to exchange a few words."
Bill muttered something under his breath. "Lunch break has to wait." He got in the elevator and went down in the hallway. Apart from the kids from before, there was a woman there. She looked between 25 and 30. Seems quite the hard nut. And a sword, huh? He walked in the room.
"Hello, Madame, and welcome to Midnight HQ. Our boss is currently busy, so if you don't mind could you tell me what you need? We can always go upstairs if you want a private discussion."

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Sure, I could go for a quick lunch before getting started.", Crimson got up and followed Bill. Voices could be heard coming around the bend in the hallway. One of them in particular sounded familiar.

Crimson's thought was confirmed as he and Bill rounded the corner to see the potential new recruits. One particular stood out, the woman he heard. Crimson watched as Bill offered to speak with her and smiled. "She's here to see me." He stepped in front of Bill, "It's a pleasure to see you again, Lucia. Frankly I'm surprised it took you so long to get here."

He turned to Bill, "This is Lucia Le'Blanc, a member of the Steel Battalion. We met on my journey through the Johto region when I was searching for the academies alone. I joined them for a few months by helping to take out one of the academies outside of Azalea Town. We fought together during that time. So when Spence opened Midnight to new recruitment I sent her a message to come try out."

Crimson looked at Lucia's annoyed expression and he knew what she was upset about. He smirked sheepishly, "I wasn't really aware of who would be trying to be recuited. And as for our leader, Spence, he's in a private meeting with another Elite member at the moment. I'm sure he'll be done soon though."

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Dear god how will I make this work? 0_o))
Wolf and Krysta walked out of the HQ as a girl was walking up to it. Wolf had already signaled for Torren to pick them up, and the sounds of a helicopter rotor could be heard in the distance. In a couple of minutes, the helicopter touched down, oozing a light smoke that was coming out of the exhaust. "You shouldn't be allowed to fly these things." Wolf joked as they boarded. "No, I didn't know that the stonghold was an actual stronghold. You never told me about the giant guns they have on the walls."
"Giant guns?" Wolf asked. "You'll see."
-----
As the stronghold came into view, Wolf gasped. He took as many pictures as he could with his phone and sent them to Aaron with instructions. "It's hard to believe they could build a structure so large right under our noses."
In front of them laid the stronghold, more like a megalith, with all of its armaments just sitting out in the open. Just then, an explosion sheared off half a blade.
"Unidentified aircraft, your markings are that of a stolen aircraft. Identify yourself." Wolf shuddered. The nerve! Thinking quickly, Wolf grabbed the mic. "What the hell are you thinking?!?"
"Unidentified aircraft, this is NS Air Command out of Johto Stronghold. Your aircraft matches the description of a stolen one. Identify."
Wolf grimaced. I don't have time for this. "We are on a mission detail and are flying silent."
"Mission detail? As in, hunting one Aaron Martin?"
"Confirmed." There was a silence, and then... "Roger. We request you to land for a craft in better shape."
Wolf went to send more directions to Aaron, but Torren stopped. "Your foley tricked them. Wouldn't want to make them aware of the lie." he said, pointing to flashing device atop the DIC console. "They're extracting data from the airwaves."
Great going. You just dug a hole. Now direct contact is inevitable.
------
A girl walked into the room. When she asked for a superior, Aaron chuckled. "There are about ten of these superiors you look for, honey. You have to be more specific." Aaron leaned back. "Besides, we're just recruits. Name's Aaron."
Aaron recieved a text from Wolf. 'Give this to an Elite ASAP. Tell them its from Wolf. The file is for Spence.'
Inside the unopened digital file had pictures showing machine gun nests, howitzers, and AA guns that would make any attacking force think more than twice about attacking...
((Basically, the stronghold makes a lot of strongholds look weak. Don't worry, though. As long as espionage does a good job on Wolf's part, it won't be a problem.))

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"I guess the field work had to end eventually." Silas said with a frown as he headed out. Not hungry, he wandered around relatively aimlessly trying to pass the time. Silas turned as a Midnight soldier walked up.

"There's someone here to see you."

"Lead on then." Silas said following the soldier. They soon came to to one of the entrances were another soldier waited with a man with shoulder length brown hair, and a stocky build. Silas broke into a grin as he recognized the figure. "Tony is that you?"

"You recognize me eh? I wasn't sure you would." Tony replied, shaking Silas' hand with a huge grin.

"You're hard to forget. So, I'm assuming you're done with Psyche?" Silas said, lowering his voice and leading Tony away.

"Ya. And, I have no clue why I'm getting involved with another Team, but I'd like to join Midnight." Tony replied.

"Lucky for you, we're recruiting this afternoon. Unfortunately, you may have to wait a while." Silas lead Tony to the waiting room. "You have to wait here until it's time."

"At least it looks comfy." Tony said, dropping into a chair.

"We'll, enjoy yourself. I have to go. We'll have to catch up later." Silas said turning to walk away.

"Bet on it." Tony called after him.

((I'm going to be away next week and I'm not sure if I'll have access to wifi; if I do you'll probably hear from me at some point. Crunchy; feel free to godmod my characters as you need to.))

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((super duper sorry. midterms have been going on for me and haven't had much time to get on i'm just gonna make a super short post putting me in blackthorn and if crunchy if you need godmod me into where everyone else is))

The trek to Blackthron was pretty much as the same, but everything was different even the city. I walked around the city breifly taking in the sights. Like the gym and contest hall. "Welp better make my way there."

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Samuel watched the liquid slosh. He held it up to his head and saw a smudged nurse walk up to him.

"Hello, would you like me to take care your Pokèmon?" Samuel thought for a moment.

"Yes. But only these two. Also, one question. What is this?" Samuel stuck the two pokéballs out and the potion. The nurse giggled.

"How do you not know what a potion is. It heals your Pokèmon." The nurse answered as she took the pokèballs.

He turned and went back to his seat. He sent out his last Pokèmon, Zilver.

"Hey, Zilver. Can I test this on you?" Samuel asked and without warning sprayed the Staraptor with the potion. Zilver twitched. She joyfully squawked.

"Good girl. I'll keep you out for company. Its really starting to get boring, waiting."

Sam looked at Leo talk to a man named Aaron. A door opened and about seven people trotted out in a group. Two more recruits started to sit. He saw Silas pass him.

"There's the guy that stopped me." Samuel whispered to himself.

He placed the potion in his pocket.

---

Sam had started to become drowsy. He was tired. He had emptied his pockets except for the orb and searched through his inventory.

"Map, knife, pokéball, potion and a Cheri berry." He sighed.

The nurse he had given his Pokèmon to walked over. She smiled her signature smile. She offered his Pokemon.

"Here you go." Samuel returned Zilver and thanked the nurse. He clipped each pokéball onto his belt, filled his pockets and sheathed his knife.

Samuel looked up at the clock.

"It won't, been forty five minutes!" He moaned.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((No worries Dare, shinashu~))

Down a dark hallway, somewhere the cameras had one small blind spot... Spence turned back to Jimmy, the Rocket Leader. Shadow, the Umbreon, gazed up at the two of them. The mysterious discussion between the two now fully fledged team leaders. Spence's black coat flickered in the hallway's draft. They spoke softly as to not carry an echo throughout the base.

"I appreciate you not getting the others involved, keeping them all in the dark like this... Who knows how they would react to all this, after everything we've been through..." Spence's eyes wandered, "When you and the professor proposed the idea to me after we buried Sarah, of course, I objected at first... but there must been a reason why Psyche completely ignored us and the regions, the decrease of legendary clones, and the human clones..."

Spence crossed his arms, shouldering this all as his own burden, "I wonder what Axel would've said... now I release why he was so distrusting... he must be turning in his grave right about now..." he sighed, looking to Jimmy with sad eyes, "But we need the clones. The Psyche clones had powers no human being could ever top. If we were to rage war against them... which will happen in the future... we need clones of our own to match their capabilities."

"I guess I'd like to know two things... one, how far away are you from creating your own clone? And two..." Spence glared, "When you do create one... are you still going to be in league with us? I know Team Rocket's dark history. I grew up hearing all about their past exploits for world domination... I don't want you to repeat the same mistakes."

Spence turned his back to Jimmy, "Of course, if you do betray us... Team Rocket is as good as done, Team Midnight won't allow it, you know this. This isn't a threat by any means, it's just a warning between friends..." he shook his head, closing his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Axel... You were right all along... Forgive me..."

---

When the Midnight Elites amerged from the elevator doors, Leo turned, watching awestruck. He was reminded of his mentor's teachings.

"Leo, in a time before Psyche's corruption, there was a Pokemon League... When a trainer collected eight badges in their region through a great journey, they then took the ultimate challenge, the Elite Four, a group of extremely talented and powerful trainers... after each Elite was defeated, a Champion of the region awaited them at the very end. After defeating the Champion, you and your pokemon's efforts were recorded in the great Hall of Fame... where said trainer and their pokemon was recorded as the next Pokemon Champion, the ultimate title... Leo, I really believe, had you been born back then... you probably would've had a shot at becoming Champion yourself. Back then, maybe, things would've turned out a little differently..."

Leo stared, his Pikachu Sparky looking to him with worry. Suddenly, a woman approached him and Sam, Leo turned to answer until one of the Elites, Bill, said their superior was busy... but, who exactly was their superior...? That old man from earlier didn't come out. It couldn't have been him, could it...? Leo wondered.

---

Before the lunch break was completely over, Spence had wandered back to his office. A Midnight member had compiled a list of names of the recruits for today. Spence took the papers and sat at his desk, his Umbreon jumping up and curling beside them. Spence looked through them, "So, we know this much, huh..." Tony, Samuel, Aaron, Lucia, Blaine... Leo...

"Apparently, Silas knows Tony somehow as another Ex-Psyche, Samuel came from the region Sinnoh, Aaron was childhood friends with Wolf and Torren, Lucia was recruited through Crimson since she has some skill, and Blaine is fixated with the past before Psyche's reign, and Leo..." Spence stared at the paper, leaning back as the Umbreon stared at him, "Currently, the only known pokemon he's carrying is his Pikachu, Sparky... but for someone to travel from an island, I'm guessing one of the nine Sevii Islands... he has to hold some kind of skill... and he knew Zack..."

"Zack...? No, you're not him. Zack was more honourable!"

Spence sighed, glaring, "But... how on earth did they know each other...? The way Leo battled that cloned pokemon... It reminded me when we fought Zack back at the Psyche Building..."

"You're own team... will destroy you..."

Spence began to flick through, throwing the papers onto the desk as he contemplated to himself. "I guess I should test them all... one way or another, they could all be useful for helping me achieve my goal..." he stared up into the ceiling, "Psyche Elite Number One, Ki, he's the strongest pokemon master in the world, the one person who captured the great Rayquaza, the legendary dragon pokemon of the sky... not even I could defeat him with my power alone, not as I am... what are we compared to him and his clones?"

---

"Lucia Le'Blanc..." Spence thought at his desk, a Midnight member passing Bill's info to him from below, "Alright, send her up to meet me in my office at once."

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Classic Star Wars reference ahead!))
Torren set the helicopter down and waited. Two agents boarded, and, after a struggle, two agents got off with a 'prisoner' in tow. They walked over to the command desk, wear a man stood. "Here's our info that we've gathered since the last departure for this mission. Where's yours?"
Torren spoke up. "Well, we took some damage to the engine, so our airtime was limited. Currently, the last known sighting was Blackthorn." Wolf nudged him. "Do what you know what you just said?" he whispered. "Yeah. I gave us a Plan A and B."
The man turned around. "Was he alone?"
"We believe so."
"Good. Now, who do you have with you..?" The man turned back around and pointed at Wolf. Torren and Krysta could not give an answer immediately. Wolf sighed. "I'm the one who damaged the engine."
"Why?"
"Because I wanted to." Wolf tensed. "Very well." A VTOL was brought out onto the flight deck. "This will be what you will use. Please, bring Veteran Martin back to us."
Krysta answered. "Will do." As the trio was boarding, a mechanic that was late getting off the aircraft noticed Wolf. "Hey! You! Stop!" The other personnel noticed, and someone screamed "MIDNIGHT!!" and an alarm started. "S***! Go! Get it off the ground, Torren! We don't have much time!"
------
Aaron watched as two Elites walked out and gave directions to the woman. Aaron got up and approached the one with what appeared to be a katana on his back. "I was told by Wolf that the file in this message was to be viewed by someone by the name of Spence." Aaron held out the phone to the Elite. "Could you make sure it gets where it needs to be? It seems urgent."
------
As the VTOL lifted off, bullets whizzed by the craft, occasionally ricocheting. Krysta turned around and looked towards the cockpit. "Do you mind telling me your 'plan,' Torren? Because we have about 4 VTOLs on us."
Just then, a voice crackled through the mic. "Land this now, or we will shoot."
Torren went to doing what he does best; ruining peoples' day. "Really? Shoot? Not buying it."
"We know who you're working for; resistance is futile, your precious Midnight will fall because of your actions."
"Correction: I'm not working for them. The other two are, and I wouldn't recommend pissing them off." Krysta grinned, then fired off a shot from her rifle towards the Night Stalker squadron. It missed, but she wanted it to. "Cease fire, or else."
"Right..." Wolf motioned for Torren to switch to hover mode, then grabbed his Distortion Blade. "Let's change their mindset."
Wolf emerged atop the craft with the sword's purple energy engulfing it. Opening up the blade and using the telescopic second tip that subsequently shot out, he tore a hole through dimensions and came out of the portal atop the lead enemy craft. Chuckling, he located the engine. "Your flight has been cut short." Wolf mumbled to himself. He slashed the engine, causing it to stall and the plane to fall. By the time the craft hit the mountains below, Wolf was already back inside the VTOL...

Goodbye
"

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bill eyed Crimson and the woman curiously. "Lucia Le' Blanc... So you two know each other? Then I think I'll speed things up a bit." He quickly wrote a note and calleda guard. "Take this to our leader." The guard immediately rushed up the stairs.
Bill turned back at their guest. "Sorry for the delay, miss. Team Midnight has changed a lot in terms of formality since I joined. But now let me introduce myself properly. I'm Bill Jackal. Call me whatever you like, but don't use the word Elite in it. I don't like it." He laughed. "Our leader will see you soon... hopefully. And don't worry-we might not look like it, but we pack a punch. Joining Midnight is never good for your health, but there are much worse choices out there."

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A smirk stretched across Jimmy's face as he spoke quietly through the shadows. "They're coming along just fine. We've just about finished the theoretical process of the cloning procedure but have yet to actually use a human subject." The question of whether Spence knew he was already a clone or not crossed his mind many times over the passed few years. He wouldn't put it passed the old man to keep his own knowledge hidden, but even Jimmy wasn't fully aware until the clones were injected into him. However, opening up this new part of his psyche was more than just a little fun.

"Of course I'm sticking around. You can't expect me to just create one and simply leave, can you?" He laughed lightly. "We're droogs after all - two men of the same goal!" Jimmy was fully aware of the warning. Despite Jimmy's inherent need for domination, he wasn't about to betray Midnight anytime soon. After all, he still had the professor to take care of.

Jimmy stuffed his hands into his pockets and became a bit more serious. "More updates to come, Spence. We've come a long way in the passed couple years...we just need a bit more time..."

--------------------------------------

Lucia sighed heavily and gave Crimson and Bill a nod of understanding. She took the note, thankful for finally getting somewhere and turned to leave. "I heavily appreciate your assistance. I don't doubt your skills, I only hope that in the future, I'm able to help improve them; As one day you can improve my own." With that, Lucia took her leave to meet with Midnight's commander.

Moments later, she was directed up to a room in a completely separate part of the building. On her way, she passed a tired looking man wearing a long jacket. The two exchanged glances - Alex stopping in his tracks. Lucia gave him a disgusted look as she turned the corner. Shaking his head in disbelief Alex continued on his way back into lobby. Someone looks a little cranky...

Lucia finally came to an office door. Her temper was quickly rising, as she'd been following seemingly sensing directions for almost a day now. She walked in to see an older looking man resting at his desk. This can't be real...what sort of demeanor does he mean to show his subordinates? "Lucia Le'Blanc reporting." She snapped her legs together and pinned her arms to her sides, maintaining an extreme militaristic stance. He eyes fixated on the wall behind Spence. "It is an honor to finally make your acquaintance."

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:02 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Crimson nodded at Lucia, "I'm sure you will be a great addition to Midnight."

Just then a lower member came to the group and let Lucia know that Spence was ready for her. "Good luck." As she left Crimson saw Alex walk in. "Hey Alex, it's been several months since we last spoke. Did ya want to grab something to eat on the go with me and Bill? We don't have much time left before we all have to be back, but might as well grab something to snack on."

Crimson walked down the hall to one of the vending machines and swiped his I.D. across the card slot. He punched a few numbers before a candy bar and a bag of chips fell down from their pegs. Munching on a few chips, he walked back to the others. "So how have things been going on lately?"
---------------

The air was thick with smoke and ash, causing the young woman to cough as she wiped the blood from her bruised lip.

She jolted up as she realized what took place before she blacked out. The base behind her was set ablaze, lighting the night air like a sun. The sound of coughing could be heard coming from the black smoke surrounding her.

"......Green?.......Green? Are you still here?" The girl's heart jumped.

"Yellow is that you?", Green had managed to get up and stumble towards her friend's voice.

A slightly older woman appeared from the smoke and limped towards Green and embraced her. "Yellow, what happened? How did they do this? Where is everyone else?"

Yellow wore the look of uncertainty, "I'm not quite sure. When Psyche broke through that abomination sprinted through our ranks to Crimson's level. After a few moments there was a large explosion on his floor." She looked down at Green, who was showing deep sadness. "But we need to move. I don't know who all survived, but we can't wait around and let ourselves get caught."

Green looked back at the burning base, "But what if he's still alive? What if he needs us?" She started to drift towards the building, but was stopped by a firm hand grasping her wrist.

Yellow looked at her with tear-filled eyes, "Don't be foolish. You know that Crimson would want you to find somewhere safe and strategize first. If he survived that then you need not worry. You'll see him again."

------------
A woman sat on a tree branch, staring at the moon while her dark hood hid her face. A tear fell onto the forest floor as her most painful memory continued to haunt her.

She wiped her eyes and looked over at a building in the distance. Green had heard about a man going by the name of Crimson, but she had spent years searching for any possible sign if it was the same man she was looking for. She stood and strung an arrow into her bow, firing an arrow with a steel cable attached.

The arrow lodged into the base of a tree a few hundred feet away. Green put the bow on the top of the cable and gripped hard. "It's never that easy." She pushed off the branch and glided down to the forest floor.

Green placed her bag against the trunk of the tree and rolled out a sleeping bag. By tomorrow I'll figure out the truth. I doubt this is my Crimson, my dear Trevor.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((if it's awright, let's say aaron received the message AFTER the midnight examinations.))

“Alright...” Spence finally spoke after a moment’s silence, “Just give me a few days... I’ll find your human subjects for you.”

Spence half turned, a frown falling on his face hidden by a giant shadow. Where would he possibly find these human subjects? And why...?

---

Spence glanced upward, a woman of seemingly tough description, “Lucia Le’Blanc... you’re the one who fought Crimson...” he wondered before she saluted him, making Spence jump in his chair, “Huh...? Oh, no need for such formalities, please. Hahaha...” He chuckled under his breath before standing up.

Spence walked towards her, hands cupped behind his back, “The interviews will be conducted moments from now... As you probably know already, we’re recruiting new members to fight the coming battle with Psyche remnants... We could use all the help we can get, but I’ve been betrayed before, by a close friend of mine... That’s why these tests are important. Along with people who have been injected with Mewtwo cells, Psyche soldiers, and the possible threat of human clones among us, the Psyche Elites, there’s enemies everywhere.”

“You fought Crimson, and he reccomnded you to me... I can trust in his judgement, which is why I think I can place my trust in you, too. It’s settled. You’ll be a Midnight member, starting today. If you have any objections, please speak your mind now, Lucia.”

Spence smiled, nodding, “Good, you’re mission is this; You will take the same test as everyone here, but as you’ll be among the recruitees, you’ll have a better chance to observe and keep an eye on them. As I said before, there’s no telling who’s a Psyche clone or not. Basicaly, you’re looking for anything supsious about anyone around you. Of course, the Elites and I will be watching over everything as well. After everyone has finished the second test in the arena, you’re judgement will be the third and final test.”

“I suggest you be careful, Lucia. You never know who is a clone or not... Even your closest friends...” his words stopped her in his tracks on her way out of the office, a frown on Spence’s face, “Be very careful...”

---

When Lucia returned to the waiting room with the others Leo, Samuel, Blaine and Aaron. Leo got up from his seat with Sparky eagerly perking her ears upward to see what all the fuss was about. It was a bit after lunchbreak now.

“So, you’re Lucia, right? I heard about that Lapras you protected... You can’t be a bad person, right...?” Leo glanced down before looking back up, “So, what is the Midnight Leader like?”

“Attention, all canadiants awaiting your tests. The first of you will be interviewed shortly. All Elite members, please meet up with the Midnight leader in the interview room. Thank you.” A member from the intercom at the welcome desk spoke, “Leo, you’re up first to begin. Please make your way up when you’re ready.”

Leo gulped, turning to Sparky who nodded encouragely. Leo wasn’t very sure about this anymore. Maybe it was the nerves finally getting to him. He sighed in annoyance, shreading himself of any fear. “C’mon Sparky, let’s go show them what we’re made of.”

“Pika-pi!” Sparky jumped to his arm to his shoulder before taking the elevator after the Elites vaciated. The tenth floor. It felt like an eternity before the doors reopened. Leo walked down the hall, being excorted by another member.

When they finally reached the doorway, a member turned to him before extending a pokeball tray. “Uhh, huh?” Leo tilted his head.

“Sorry, but from here on out you’ll have to deposit your pokeballs here, only for the interview session, however. You’ll have to return your Pikachu as well.”

Leo sighed, shaking his head, “...Sparky doesn’t like being confined inside a pokeball, it won’t happen.” Leo stated, Sparky nodding in agreement.

“Then, you’ll just have to leave Sparky with me. Is that alright with you?”

Leo turned to Sparky, her head shaking in disagreement and worry. Leo place her to the ground, “It’s alright... I won’t be too long...” Sparky complained, almost to the point of crying, “I know, I know... I’m breaking my promise already...” Leo sighed, turning back to the man, “Then, it’s no good. Sorry... for wasting your time.”

Suddenly, a voice erupte from inside, “Let him through. It’s alright, he’s no threat...”

“But, sir... Okay, you’re clear to go ahead.”

Leo smiled smugly, Sparky jumping back onto his shoulder, “Why thank you.”

---

((this part will be set in the past IF you’d like to answer the questions; the questions you answer are marked in BOLD, the same ones everyone will be giving answers too. The current roleplay will run during the SECOND TEST inside the arena hall. This is just to get things moving along. ITALICS this part of the test so that we see in your post that it is set in the past.))

Leo walked inside, a dark room. Neither Leo or Sparky could see a thing, only still shadows of figures behind a large table, “It’s too dark, I can’t see a thing...”

“Step forward please.”

“Alright... Ouch!” Suddenly, a beam of light shone down from a spotlight on him and his Pikachu. Unshealtering his eyes, Leo saw glimpses of the Elites including the Rocket Leader Jimmy, standing and watching the interview themselves. Perhaps they were all judges. In the centre, the only person sitting in his throne-like chair in the centre... was Spence, the Midnight Leader.

“If I’m interested with anyone here, it’s this kid. How on earth did he know Zack...?” Spence wondered.

Leo gasped, gritting his teeth angrily, “You...” he growled under his breath, “You were the last person I’d expect to be the leader of this place... You’re the first person I met in Blackthorn City and the worse...”

Spence smiled to himself, “You’ll understand my nessarcary force against legendary clones someday, I assure you. Now, for this part of the test, I will be asking a few questions in an interview to get to know you a bit better. The Elites here will serve as second judges, although ultimately it will be up to me to decide whether or not you’re worthy enough, if that’s alright by you.”

Leo glared, “What is this anyway...?”

“First, what is your name and age?”

“It’s Leo. I’m sixteen years old. And this is Sparky,” Leo directed to his shoulder, Sparky introducing herself with a regular Pikachu greeting.

“Where do you come from? Where is your home?”

“The Sevii Islands. Of course, there’s only five now, the ocean swallowed the other four... I resided on the fourth island.”

“The Sevii Islands, huh...?”

“Okay, do you have any family or friends?

“What kind of questions are these anyway...?” Leo muttered under his breath, “...I’ve got Sparky and the rest of my pokemon!” Leo swung his fist to the side, “They’re my only family and friends I need!”

“Okay... Not exactly what I meant...” Spence tried to rephrase the question, it was his first interview after all, “I’ll ask again, did you have any surviving relatives or friends?”

“I...” Leo glanced down, “Not sure.”

“Not sure...?” Spence’s curiosity was perked, “Next question, what are your skills?”

"Pokemon battling."

“What are you afraid of?”[/b]

Leo thought to himself, his eyes wandering, trying to find his answer without having to open himself up to a bunch of strangers like them, “Losing somebody I care about, like Sparky.”

“Do you have any dreams or goals?”

“To prove myself to everyone. And find someone I lost.”

“What do you cherish most?”

“Sparky and the rest of my pokemon, obviously...” Leo grinned a little before frowning.

“So, other than the feelings towards your pokemon, you’re mostly selfish and are looking to accomplish your own goals... then, my last question,” Spence looking across to Leo, “Why do you want to become a Midnight member?”

Leo breathed in and out. After finding out Spence was the Midnight Leader, he questioned himself why he wanted to go through with this to begin with anyway. But it was like Sam, Leo was just pulled in. He couldn’t give up now. Of course, he had a deeper reason for wanting to join them... That’s what Spence wanted to know. “To prove myself to you and the Elites that I can become Pokemon Champion someday. Also, I’m looking for someone. My sister... she was taken from me by soldiers when they attacked my island. I need to find her, I know she’s somewhere in the regions, I just know it...”

“Your sister... and Pokemon Champion? I wasn’t aware young people still knew what that was...”

“I learnt it… from my mentor...” Leo glared.

“I see... Well, alright...” Spence concluded, “In that case, this interview is over. I’m sorry, Leo, but I can’t allow you to join Team Midnight.”

In a moment of silence, Leo finally responded in disbelief, “...What?!” Leo gasped, shouting, “Why the hell not?!”

“Because... Team Midnight members are trained to be soldiers... If I let a child join and let him get killed, we’ll be no better than Psyche... and I don’t want to lower myself for the sake of a kid...” Spence closed his eyes.

Leo gritted his teeth, looking for a response, anything to get him to change his mind, “My pokemon will never let me down! I can look after myself! I’m no kid! My mentor told me I could be anything I wanted if I put my mind to it! I need this!” ---

Suddenly, flashes of someone else’s memory flashed before Spence’s eyes. A similar circumstance in a different time...

---

[I]“But Leader Blackwind! We trained really hard to be members! You’ve seen all of us battle! Why are you refusing us!”

“Zack... You’re only eighteen, Jack is sixteen, and Ella is sick... you can’t hide that fact from me.”

A young Zack’s eyes fell upon the floor, “I know... but there has to be a way. There has to be! We have no where else to go. Please...”

Blackwind sighed, turning in his chair, “...Zack, I never said you were refused. Starting today, you Zack are a Midnight member.”

Zack suddenly seemed enlightened, like up until everything up till this point was just for this very moment, “Thank you, but...” Zack gazed, “What about Jack and Ella, they’re far stronger than me, I should know. Why can’t they join?”

“Zack...” Blackwind glanced at him, “If Jack want still like the opportunity, tell him to train for a year. Once he’s eighteen, he may have another shot at being recruited... as for Ella, I’m afraid she’ll never be able to join. She collapsed in the pokemon battle. If that happens out there, against the likes of Teams Inferno and Team Hydro... she could get hurt or worse.”

Zack sadly slumped his head... he agreed, but still, it seemed unfair.

“Don’t worry, I assure you, we’ll take good care of her. Being a Team member, as you’ve probably already heard from TMA, pays really well if you work really hard. She’ll get the treatment she needs, she’ll be better in no time.”

Zack smiled, nodding before saluting, “Yessir! Thank you very much, sir!”

“Blackwind or boss is fine...” the Midnight Leader remarked, “Zack, perpare yourself, I want to to follow me into the Dragon’s Den. There’s another test I’ve been meaning to put you under since I saw the way you battled earlier.”

Zack sighed, groaning, “Wha...? Another one?”

Blackwind laughed, “Don’t worry, you’re a Midnight member now. This test is a little bit different from interviews or pokemon battles.”

Zack’s eyes gazed.

---

Spence came to just as Leo was eagerly awaited Spence’s second opinion. Spence sighed. He knew deep down Blackwind wouldn’t allow Leo to join Team Midnight. But his mentor... who exactly was he...? What Spence said next... unsettled the Midnight Elites beside him. It wasn’t like Spence to be persuaded so easily.

“...Yes, you’ve passed.”

Leo gasped in a smile, “Thanks! You won’t regret it, Spence! Trust me, I’ll prove to you all that I’m a great pokemon trainer, you’ll see!” Leo turned to Sparky, “Let’s go, Sparky!”

“Pika!”

“Oh, and Leo...” Spence questioned, his change of heart having another prepose, curious, “The names... What are the names of your sister and mentor?”

Leo halted to a stop. He stared before turning slightly back, “If you promise to tell me if you know anything, I’ll tell you.”

Spence nodded.

“...Cathy, my sister. My mentor’s name was Zack... do you know them?”

Spence’s eyes widened. Luckily, the Elites were ordered to remain silent during the interview. Spence answered, “.…No. But if we find anything, you’ll be the first to know.” It was almost too cruel.

Leo sighed sadly. Spence first reminded him of Zack, he was so positive they knew each other... maybe not. “Okay... well, thanks.” Leo turned away, proceeding to leave. Sparky turned to eye Spence and his Umbreon before the doors closed behind them.

When the doors completely shut, Spence eyed Crimson as he spoke to him and the others, “No one is to tell that boy anything. He’ll know the truth, soon enough... but at this time, it’s better to keep him in the dark. Cathy and Zack were our enemies, Psyche clones... there’s no telling how he’d react if he knew now.”

“When you’re ready, bring in the next one.”

---

Leo found himself at yet another waiting room. He was trying as best he could to be patient, but since he was first to be called for the interview part, waiting for the second test was like a living hell for someone childish like him, “How long do we have to wait damn it!” he figgited his legs in kicking motions.

The intercom interrupted, “Those who have passed the first test, please make your way into the arena. Thank you.”

“Arena?” Leo’s curiosity shot up into the roof. Suddenly, the doors to the arena opened as Leo stood from his seat, he walked into the light.

---

“Well, I hope you put those pokeballs I gave you to good use. This examination is a pokemon challenge. You have to be skilled in order to qualify. It’s a real test of endurance.”

Zack nodded. Between the three of them, Ella, Jack and himself, they all had one pokemon each and had trained them all from the wild. They were as good as ready.

“Good, I’m happy. Good luck, guys,” TMA grinned, turning to head off to the entrance door.

“Pokemon challenge? Do you think he means we have to pokemon battle?” Jack whispered. Zack shrugged. Before they knew it, the doors began to open, an escaping light creeping in the dark hall. It blazed above them in the large room ahead. Zack’s jaw dropped as what inside was revealed. A giant stadium ---

“Zack?” Ella spoke, taking Zack’s hand. Zack nodded to her, looking upward as the Elites matched on.

“I know.”

“Whatever happens, don’t become one of them... please...”

Inside the arena, there was a booth overhead. The Team Midnight Leader, Blackwind, sat inside, a woman in each arm as he watched all the candidates from high above---

---

Leo gazed around him wide-eye, it was exactly like he had dreamed. Leo he never been inside or had even seen a pokemon arena before. The screaming fans cheering from the sides, the pokemon battles... well, the seats were more empty, and their were no fans just yet. Still, the awe of the arena got Leo all the more excited for what was the come.

“Welcome all, and welcome to the Team Midnight Arena!” Spence bellowed from up above inside the arena judging booth, overlooking the whole of the arena floor. Leo gazed upward, glaring.

The Elites stood below, facing the recruits.

“The second test is a pokemon battle. You will be facing each other in pokemon battle. Pick a person next to you and we will begin when you’re ready.”

Leo and Sparky looked to their left, Sam, and to their right was Aaron... Leo gazed up, pointing to one of the Elites in objection, “No way, I challenge one of these guys instead!”

Spence sighed, “Fine... Midnight Elites, who would like to teach Leo a thing or two?”

Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:46 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

((Hmmmm... What should I do...))

Samuel walked into the dark interview room. Spence stood in front of some kind of throne.

He asked the first question. "What is your name and age?"

Samuel thought for a moment. Maybe he could lie out of it. He didn't really want to reveal anything. But Leo already knew his name. He had to be straight with them

"My name is Samuel. Age is 19."

"Where do you come from? Where is your home?"

"I live in the Sinnoh region.... Or what's left of it. My home is whatever place is safe."

"Do you have any friends or family?"

The memory of his father looking over him flashed. Than the fire.

"Not... Not that I know of."

"What are your skills?"

"I can tell berries from each other. That doesn't really help though." Samuel pondered for a moment. "I can survive in the wild."

"What are you afraid of?"

"My past." Samuel had to think about this answer. It was confusing, but Samuel didn't know what his past was. Samuel was scared to know what he had done before.

"Do you have any dreams or goals?"

"Just one. Finding my past." Samuel knew this was confusing. He did fear his past, but at the same time curiousity ruled his mind."

"What do you cherish?"

"I cherish what I have. I don't have much, but I use what I have to help others."

"Why do you want to join Midnight?"

Samuel had been thinking about this while waiting. He had though about what he would say.

"When I was younger a clone, Moltres, attacked me, burned my house. Maybe even my family. A man saved me from dying. I want to defeat the clones. I don't want anything like that happening again. I don't want any near death situations with clones."

Sam had finally had his interview. He hadn't really revealed anything. Nothing too shocking. Nothing too important at this point. The orb would be his secret. It held his memories.

Samuel had wanted to argue with Spence's unnecessary question but he was submissive. He was obedient. After what seemed like hours he finally was accepted.

He entered the arena and cringed in the light. He looked up at Spence in his protective box. Spence had somehow brought anger. Samuel wanted to unleash his pokemon and attack Spence. But he knew that wasn't right. He didn't care about Spence's well being. He just knew fate didn't intend it.

"We will begin shortly." Spence announced. Sam looked up at him. He had people surrounding him.

"He has bodyguards?" Samuel chuckled.

"No way, I want to challenge one of these guys instead!" Sam turned to see Leo pointing at one of the bodyguards.

Samuel had wanted to be bold in this. He wanted to be noticed. He wanted to be original. Get their attention. Get someone's attention. He wanted to make the bold move. But Leo had done It. Leo had taken his opportunity, and used it. Sam wanted to scream. He bit his lip. Nothing could be that bold. To challenge one of the top guys was too much. Samuel couldn't beat it.

Sam looked around him. Leo was on his right. Sam was going to challenge both Leo on his right and Lucia on his left. Now he was stuck with Lucia to battle.

((Hope this isn't godmodding... What with me placing Lucia.))

Sam didn't want to battle Lucia only. He frantically searched the arena. The man Leo was talking to, Aaron, was on his far right. He was stuck with Lucia. Sam turned and grabbed his first pokéball, ready for battle.

((Can someone please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong... I just feel like I'm doing something wrong.))

Last edited by James86134 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I'm just going to focus on Aaron for now.))
Aaron was called in for an interview. "Finally!" he muttered.
----
"What is your name and age?" Spence asked.
"Aaron Martin. I am twenty-seven."
"Where do you come from? Where is your home?"
"Cerulean."
"Do you have any family or friends?"
Aaron tensed. He inhaled sharply, then spoke. "One brother, John. But I haven't seen him since the time of the shootout that left my parents victims of death and gunfire. As for friends, well, you know one of them. The other is Torren."
"What are you afraid of?"
"Night Stalkers."
"Do you have any dreams or goals?"
"Stay free. I don't get why the Night Stalkers would turn on one of their own, even if I was dishonorably discharged. But, nonetheless, I need to avoid them."
"What do you cherish most?"
"Carpe diem."
"Why do you want to be part of Midnight?"
"Because Psyche killed my parents. That's something that I don't want anybody else to experience."
-----
((Don't know if this could be godmodding here, but sorry if it seems like I am intentionally doing it.))
When Aaron was told that they'd have a battle to observe battle styles, he immediately looked at Tony. "So, I hear you used to work for Psyche. You're mine." Aaron took out Comet's ball and prepared.

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bill sighed as Leo exited the room. "I don't know what got into you Spence... The kid is way too selfish... Not to mention we killed his family, or at least their clones. And from what you told us, he doesn't exactly like you... and he's the type who wouldn't obey someone he doesn't like. We might not be machines here, but discipline is necessary. It was one of the first things you told us back then, right?"
Bill quickly turned as the next candidate entered. "I hope you didn't make a mistake, Spence."

-------------------------------------
"No way, I want to challenge one of these guys instead!"
Bill nodded to Spence. "I'll do it." He walked down the booth. Seconds later, he reappeared in the arena.
"I'll be your opponent, Leo. And the reason is simple. I want to show you what we're up against. I heard you and our leader had a disagreement before..." He pulled a Pokeball. "I'm gonna focus on that disagreement. Go, Tornadus!"
The clone appeared, its eyes a wild red, its expression one of a killer. "You're gonna battle against a clone. Winning or losing is irrelevant. What you need to understand is how a clone battles... especially if it has a trainer."

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((you may have to edit in your answers in that last post, james. it'll help me muchly. there doesn't seem to be godmodding on your guys parts to me, don't worry.))

Spence crossed his arms as he watched from above, judging alone this time. If anyone was a human clone... it would have to have been Samuel. Even though Leo was short tempered, he never held himself back and said what was always on his mind. However, Sam did the opposite. Lucia fighting Sam was perfect. He had already spoken to Lucia earlier about this very situation.

---

"I'll be your opponent, Leo. And the reason is simple. I want to show you what we're up against. I heard you and our leader had a disagreement before..." He pulled a Pokeball. "I'm gonna focus on that disagreement. Go, Tornadus!"
The clone appeared, its eyes a wild red, its expression one of a killer. "You're gonna battle against a clone. Winning or losing is irrelevant. What you need to understand is how a clone battles... especially if it has a trainer."

Leo braced as Midnight Elite member Bill entered the fray and challenged him to pokemon battle. Leo glared, trying to figure out what his real intentions were at the time. Discipline...? Punishment for treating their leader with disrespect...? Leo smirked smugly.

When Tornadus appeared in front of him, Leo gasped, his eyes fixated at it in a gaze of awe... It clicked soon after, he could tell that this legendary pokemon was in fact a clone of its original, Psyche's work... but why? Why could Bill tame such a thing? It was impossible! "No way... legendary clones can be... controlled...?" Leo clenched his teeth, "Look, all I know is that I've beaten a few clones before, and I can beat yours, too!"

Leo pulled a pokeball from his shirt, tossing it, "Crunchy, I choose you!"

The Snorlax materialised in a flash of light, the giant pokemon bellowed a war cry. Leo and Sparky watched on, Leo standing tall to face Bill his first opponent, "Come at me, Midnight Elite. I'll show you what I'm made of!"

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next