It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New Evolutions!! 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Which Pokémon you want to have a evolution or pre-evolution?

"

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:20 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

corsala, relicanth or kecleon

EDIT: i forgot the most amazing pokemon EVER!!!! MAWILE need one

http://pokemon.hunngry.com/forum.php - new forum please check it out as we need more members :)

Last edited by alkranite on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:42 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I just said something on Serebii about this. I think matyke could have a split evo with mantine and a stingray pokemon, like this;

----(Level up with remoraid in party)--> Mantine
Mantyke
----(Level up with tentacool in party)--> Stingtine (or something like that)
It could be a water/ poison or water/ fire type (that could learn poison moves).

Wham! Gamefreak should hire me because of my great ideas.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

^BTW, i did not put that word in caps there, it changed when i posted it.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The site with the Celebi is censored. And please refrain from double posting in the future.
Now, to contribute to the topic. I swear, if Farfetch'd and Dunsparce don't get an evo, I'm punching a squirrel. Yes, I know, there are others which need one as well, but seriously, these two are the worst.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:09 am
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Farfetch'd and Dunsparce appeared all the way back in Gen II. Let them fade alone. I mean, sure, give Dinsparce an evo. I'm pretty sure the origin behind Farfetch'd which limits it too one evo.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James86134 wrote:
Farfetch'd and Dunsparce appeared all the way back in Gen II. Let them fade alone. I mean, sure, give Dinsparce an evo. I'm pretty sure the origin behind Farfetch'd which limits it too one evo.

I am disappoint. Farfetch'd was a first gen, not second. And it's been due for a evo since Gen IV. Its origin has nothing to do with that, either. If it did, you fail because you broke Pokemon logic.

Goodbye
"

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm pretty sure both Farfetch'd and Dunsparce are somehow connected to some Japanese stories/myths (I'm more sure about Dunsparce). But honestly, I don't see how that affects evolution. They could make a relatively bigger duck with two leeks or a bigger leek for Farfetch'd (see also GofD's idea for Farcaught'd) and a bigger snake which is also Flying for a Dunsparce evolution. It doesn't have to be too original, just a more powerful form for two otherwise pitifully weak and useless Pokemon.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Farfetch'd's origin indeed limits its potential to actually receive an evolution. From George Hutcheon's article on Bulbapedia:

Quote:
So, where does Farfetch'd come from? My research suggests that the true origin actually isn't a million miles away from the version above; only rather than being inspired by a legend, it comes from a certain Japanese saying: Kamo ga negi wo shotte kuru (鴨が葱を背負って来る), literally meaning 'a duck comes bearing green onions'. The phrase can be shortened simply to kamo negi (鴨葱)... which, when written in katakana, is Farfetch'd's Japanese name (カモネギ).

There is a second meaning to the phrase, however. A duck bearing a green onion is a creature walking naïvely towards a nasty fate, and the idiom has come to refer to individuals who are easy to deceive. One dictionary gives the meaning 'along comes a sucker just begging to be parted from his money'. As a result, somebody who is easy to take advantage of can be referred to in Japanese as a kamo (鴨) or 'duck'.

Perhaps this, too, has relevance to Farfetch'd. Trading away a Spearow in order to get the otherwise-unobtainable Farfetch'd seems like a very good deal indeed. But Farfetch'd doesn't evolve, has quite poor stats all round and is of very limited use. Spearow, on the other hand, evolves into the far-superior Fearow, which proves to be a viable competitor throughout the game. Viewed in this context, might the duck in question be the player themselves, having traded away a potentially strong Pokémon for one that's all but useless?

Farfetch'd stands out amongst the Generation I Pokémon as one of the few that still have no evolution family. People have been calling for an evolution to Farfetch'd for years now, but in a way, I hope this never happens. It seems to me that Farfetch'd's poor battle potential reflects wonderfully the phrase that spawned its creation: the unsuspecting duck, unaware that it could be made into a delicious meal at any time. And if the perpetual loser can rise up and defeat a stronger opponent despite their handicaps, then doesn't that make victory all the sweeter? Here's to Farfetch'd, then: a celebration of the loser in all of us.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

^I just died a little inside.

Goodbye
"

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think Farfetch'd need a evolution. You can give Sticky to Farfetch'd but no one uses it since that Pokémon is week.

"

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So, Farfetch'd is the loser Pokemon, eh? This explains some things.
Still, Dunsparce remains. I know it depicts some kind of strange creature, but did anybody say that the strange creature can't be a bit bigger and stronger?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

There's like a dozen Pokemon that are more awful and need an evolution more than Dunsparce, honestly. Ledian, Corsola, Delcatty, Spinda, Sableye, Mawile, etc. And then of course there's the stuff that's totally awful and will never evolve because they're gimmick Pokemon like Luvdisc, Unown, etc.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, well, I just mentioned the two that bothered me the most. But the ones you mentioned are also true. Except for Sableye. Its Prankster edition wrecks my nerve system.
Funny thing is, people often seem to deserve evolutions for Pokemon like Heracross. While this would probably earn them a slow and painful death in the hands of Krisp, I really can't understand why people want evolutions for stuff like Heracross or Tauros, just because they're not evolving.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just hope they don't do the same thing as Generation V where they make a small handful of Pokemon (Maractus, Emolga, Alomomola, Bouffalant, perhaps others) that look like they will evolve from old Pokemon but don't. I know this problem wasn't just in Generation V (like Pinsir and Heracross, Shellos/Gastrodon and Lapras, others that I can't think of off the top of my head but I know they're there) but Generation V is the most infamous in that area.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wait, people thought Emolga would actually be an evolution of something?

Goodbye
"

Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emolga was obviously the Pikachu clone of Gen V. No one thought it would evolve.
And designs can't be helped to be similar sometimes. Even Game Freak can't be original all the time.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Since both Pachirisu and Emolga were squirrels, there were a few of us (including myself at a certain point) that thought Emolga was somehow related to Pachirisu, but it wasn't as convincing as the similarities between Luvdisc and Alomomola, for example. Also just pointing out that I noticed when Lillipup was first introduced that it looked somewhat like Growlithe, but I never really guessed that it would be a preevolution (certainly not an evolution) of Growlithe.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Luvdisc is a gimmick Pokemon. It will never evolve. And it doesn't have many similarities with Alomomola anyway.
Pachirisu, if memory serves, is the Pikachu clone of Gen IV. Pikachu clones don't evolve.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What is Luvdisc's gimmick? It can learn TMs and its movepool is larger than 1 move (Unown) or a small handfull. And just because there's been no current precedent, doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. Pokemon's proved that before.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What about Pokemon that look like they should evolve?

Like Tauros and Bouffalant?

Are they also gimmic Pokemon?

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Why do Tauros and Bouffalant need evolutions? They've got 490 BST and a good stat distribution. Frost mentioned an army of Pokemon needing evolutions in a previous post.
Luvdisc's gimmick is it being the Rendezvous Pokemon and the fact that, according to the Pokedex, giving a Luvdisc is a sign of love. I doubt such a Pokemon would evolve.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Corsola is not that good so i think it should evolve. The same for Delibird.

Tauros and Bouffalant are both good. Maybe we see a pre-evolution that can evolve into both.

Heracross has 500 BST so i don't think it needs a evolution.

"

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@ChillBill that's not a gimmick that's just a description of Luvdisc. So Marowak is a gimmick Pokemon because of its backstory?

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Not really, but you have to admit Luvdisc is different. I mean, what will its evolution symbolize? The love between old couples?
Then again, I might as well be wrong.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next