It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A [ALL QUESTIONS HERE] 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

alkranite wrote:
i try to release one of my pokemon (a ryhorn) and it keeps nearly going and then coming back and a message it came back, maybe it ws worried about you or something to that effect. why??? it wont go and i dont like it

Really? :shock:
I've never heard about this before...
You could try to lower his happiness (Ex. Suicide and revival herb)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

alkranite wrote:
i try to release one of my pokemon (a ryhorn) and it keeps nearly going and then coming back and a message it came back, maybe it ws worried about you or something to that effect. why??? it wont go and i dont like it

Does it know any HMs?

The game will prevent you from releasing Pokémon when it is the only one in your collection that knows a specific HM; for instance, the only one in your collection that knows Surf or Fly. This is done to prevent your character from getting trapped in certain areas of the map.

Being stuck on an island with no way to Surf or Fly back to the mainland would really bite. :oops:

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

it knows no HMs and its happiness is alo as it can go and it irritates me. i only cught it for an experiment.

i bred it with my garchomp and now have a Lv1 rhyhorn which knows dragon pulse, dragon rush, fire blast and thunder

http://pokemon.hunngry.com/forum.php - new forum please check it out as we need more members :)

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:28 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

alkranite wrote:

This happens when it's the last remaining of 1 of your Pokemon that knows an HM move, which you may require to leave the area you're in. Most notably it's seen occurring with Pokemon knowing Surf and Fly, but in your Rhyhorn's case, maybe it's Strength or Rock Smash...?

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i tried to release it in solaceon town and it doesnt know and HM moves

http://pokemon.hunngry.com/forum.php - new forum please check it out as we need more members :)

Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:49 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

...Is it the last Pokemon in your party, maybe?

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

nope in pc. it is irritating the hell out of me :(

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi. Is anyone still around here? If so...here's my question.

I am thoroughly confused. In Pearl, the last thing I did was beat Candice and got Rock Climb. I was lost the entire weekend so I consulted a walkthrough, which says to go to Acuity Lakefront & confront Commander Jupiter - tbh I can NOT remember if I did this or not?!?! So I went to the lakefront and there's nobody around. So I'm assuming that I did it already except...

When I go to the next part according to the walkthrough, which is to run over to the Galactic HQ and have that scene with the grunt dropping the key - that's not happening either. So now I'm just totally & completely lost!

Not sure if anyone can even help me but that's about all I can explain about where I am. I don't have the storage key because when I go to try to open the door it gives me some kind of message & I don't have anything in my inventory that I might've forgotten getting.

But I definitely did beat Candice because I've been using rock climb like mad ever since.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:27 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When Candice is defeated, you go to Acuity Lakefront and go through the passage leading to Lake Acuity itself. Jupiter will be there. After confronting her, she escapes to Veilstone. You go to Veilstone and reach the Galactic HQ. Outside of it, near a satellite plate, is a grunt. He's the one that drops the key to the storage (not the main building gate, but the smaller one near the city entrance). Go in and storm the HQ.
Make sure you've done everything mentioned above. Tell me if it works. If it doesn't I'll try to guide you if I can. If I can't... sorry.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

worried I've been asking too many questions - I wanted to delete this one... I don't see an option under "edit post"?

Where I'm stuck is in a few places!! In Pearl. I'm a noob, first of all. So please have patience?

I have 140 in the Pokedex. I don't really want to go to the Elite 4 yet for 2 reasons:
a. I can NOT find my way through Victory Road!! Its just like an endlessly looping whirlpool of annoying trainers LOL
b. My lineup is really good EXCEPT for 2 of em - here's the thing: Bastiodon & ugh. Bibarel.

I don't really like Bastiodon so much because of his horrible attack, and I REALLY don't want to bring Bibarel, cuz... he's frickin Bibarel! so I wonder if there is an opportunity to get in there to the Elite 4 without needing all of the HMs? Like, maybe there will be a PC & then 0 rocks to smash, things to lift, etc??
My Bibarel has surf, waterfall, rock climb & cut and my Bastiodon has Rock Smash & Strength. Bastiodon's got good defense & special def (145 and 120 ) but his attack stats are horrible!
If I can get rid of those 2 I might be able to cover a few more types like psychic, dark, ghost, grass & ice. Maybe throw a Sneasel in there plus something ghost.
Other wise I'm so lost. Literally. I saw a walkthrough for getting thru Victory Road but omg. If I were any more lost I'd be ________ (insert some kind of funny/lame joke)

Last edited by YaelleG on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, search me. This is how I've done it, and that's what the walkthroughs mention. Perhaps you haven't talked to the right grunt?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I was just wanting to know if anything happens when you catch all the Unowns.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Chippy wrote:
I was just wanting to know if anything happens when you catch all the Unowns.

If you catch them all (26 letters), go talk to the gold miner the on other side. (The road where one of the lake is located (sorry don't remember the number))
Before it was only a small cave, but now you have access to another unown chamber to capture {unown ?} {unown !}.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:54 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

you know that thing where you try to find something out for insanely long periods of time & then once you finally ask somebody you end up getting the answer 5 seconds later?

Well that's what happened here. So if its ok I want to just completely edit what I had here with something really freaky that *just* happened to me. In fact, I haven't even saved or anything yet cuz I want to find out what the deal is with this.

Went to a Pokemon Center & the guy said my Pokemon has a Pokerus!!! I looked & 2 of my guys have it! My Noctowl & my Bibarel.
Anyone know anything about this? Seems cool. Figures it'd happen to the Bibarel LOL.

Thanksssss

Last edited by YaelleG on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:18 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Have you beaten the first 4 gyms yet?

Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:11 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wow this is crazy!!! I just asked a question about this but I wanted to create a separate question to ask this:

What do any of you know about the Pokevirus? I went ahead & googled it & it seems to be a really REALLY good thing. So far it spread to 2 of my pokes in addition to the one that caught it.
This is so nuts!

They said it cause them to level up faster or something...?? But I kind of haven't noticed that just yet. It hasn't been too long though. I put one in the PC in hopes that it would infect the other guys in there but I'm not really sure that is how it works. Sooo freaky.

It says they're more rare than shinies.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The pokerus are really a neat thing.
Have you ever heard about the EV? The pokerus double the EV when you defeat a pokemon, so it become stronger faster.
The pokerus will stay on your pokemon forever, but the spreeding will disappear in a few days.
Take a noob pokemon in your box and give him the pokerus, and put it back in your box. This way, you can infect a pokemon whenever you want, since the spreeding ability will stay in the box.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:12 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

http://www.psypokes.com/lab/pokerus.php

PokeRus doubles EV growth. For the next 3 days or so, Pokemon in the party with PokeRus may spread it. Once they are no longer 'contagious', the EV growth bonus still is retained.
Pokemon in the box do not lose PokeRus if they still have it.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Post Re:
DarkAriados wrote:
"DAILY ACTIVITIES" ON POKEMON PEARL/DIAMOND:

- Jubilife City: Draw a Pokemon Lottery Ticket at the TV station.
- Floaroma Town: Get a free Berry from the Flower Shop.
- Pastoria City: Get a rare Berry for free in the house nearest the bog.
- Solaceon Town - Go to the house east of the Pokemon Center and talk to one of the men inside - he will ask you to show him a Pokemon, and when you return with that Pokemon in your party, he will give you three free Poke Balls of a random, common type.
- Veilstone City: Go to the Massage Lady and let her give a massage to one of your Pokemon, and receive a free Accessory as well as making the Pokemon happier. Certain Accessories can only be gained this way.
- Hearthome City: Travel west to the Berry Master's house and get a free Berry.
- Sunnyshore City: Go to Julia's House and tell her a story for a free Ribbon - there is a different Ribbon for each day of the week:
Monday = Alert Ribbon (tell Julia about something splashed with water)
Tuesday = Shock Ribbon (something leaping out from a closet)
Wednesday = Downcast Ribbon (something tearful)
Thursday = Careless Ribbon (shoes on the wrong feet)
Friday = Relax Ribbon (numbers adding up perfectly when shopping)
Saturday = Snooze Ribbon (tell Julia about your favourite pillow)
Sunday - Smile Ribbon (something that makes you happy).
Also, check out the Seal Shop at the Sunnyshore Market - there are different Seals each day.
- Snowpoint City: Talk to the guy in the house above and to the right of the Gym, and he will tell you a trendy phrase that you can then use in Mail messages, interviews and so forth.
- Underground: Each of the Salesmen have different goods every day, so check them out to see if they have an item you want.

After you get the National Dex:

- Sandgem Town, or any TV: Check out which Pokemon is swarming today, and travel to the appropriate location to battle or catch them (or chain for shinies using the Poke Radar, if you would like a shiny Pokemon of that species).
- Route 212, south of Hearthome City: Go to the Pokemon Mansion and talk to Mr Backlot. He will tell you which Pokemon has come into the Trophy Garden today. As far as I can tell, it is possible to find two Trophy Garden species of Pokemon in the garden on the same day - both today's and yesterday's featured Pokemon.
- Resort Area: If your Pokemon (both in your party and on the PC) have 20 ribbons in total, enter the Ribbon Syndicate and get a Spa Treatment to make your lead Pokemon happier.
- Pal Park: If it's been 24 hours or more since you last migrated Pokemon from your GBA cartridge (Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald FireRed or LeafGreen), you may move six Pokemon into the Pal Park and perform a Catching Show. You get a Berry afterwards, depending on the time taken and the types of Pokemon captured.
NB: If your Pokemon is holding Mail or knows a HM, it cannot migrate, so you may have to remove Mail and visit the Move Deleter before transferring some Pokemon.

Other things you can do:

- Visit Amity Square with a {pikachu}, {drifloon}, {psyduck}, {pachirisu}, {happiny}, {clefairy}, {buneary}, {jigglypuff}, {skitty}, {torchic} or {shroomish}, and find an item every 200 steps. You can find rare Berries and several different Accessories; these items are only available by walking with your Pokemon in Amity Square. You can visit as often as you like.
- If it's Friday, go to the Valley Windworks and catch a lv22 {drifloon} - or defeat it, if you already have one. Only one will appear per Friday.
- Play with friends in the Underground. Bury your Spheres to make them grow large (they seem to grow faster the longer they've been buried), and trade them for cool items for your Secret Base. Capture enough Flags and you'll get to make improvements to your Secret Base.
Also, once you've talked with someone 32 times, you can catch a {spiritomb} at the Hallowed Tower on Route 209.

If anyone can add to this list, please do.

it says all this on the main site

Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

arceus7142 wrote:
it says all this on the main site

It says half the pokemon-related forums on the main site. Reposting it saves time for the people you're trying to help and lets you say it in your own words to make it clearer.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sorry for so many questions!!
I'm finally about to meet the Elite 4 (if I can ever make it through Victory Road!! Its very confusing.)
I was wondering - I have been carrying around a Bibarel in my party all this time because I need him as my HM slave. Will I be able to switch him out & have no HMs (other than fly, which is on my Starraptor) so I can use somebody much, much better? Which would be basically any Pokemon out there.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

[quote="YaelleG"]worried I've been asking too many questions - I wanted to delete this one... I don't see an option under "edit post"?

Where I'm stuck is in a few places!! In Pearl. I'm a noob, first of all. So please have patience?

I have 140 in the Pokedex. I don't really want to go to the Elite 4 yet for 2 reasons:
a. I can NOT find my way through Victory Road!! Its just like an endlessly looping whirlpool of annoying trainers LOL
b. My lineup is really good EXCEPT for 2 of em - here's the thing: Bastiodon & ugh. Bibarel.

YIKES. I meant to ask this - is it possible to get to 150 before the Elite 4? I have 8 badges and all that. I really want that national dex! But like I said, I am so not making my way through Victory Road & this is a good opportunity to level up my guys. I just wish I could find some new pokemon?? Since I haven't been able to get past 140 I started to wonder if you actually CANT til after beating the E4.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:02 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:

Victory Road is actually a linear dungeon - it doesn't look like it at first glance, but it is. Here's a hint: you have to snake your way through it. I think the first stairway is off to the...left? You'll end up in a side level and take a stairway back to the main room, then head to the opposite end of the main room (off to the right), take a stairway to that side level, rinse and repeat.

The HMs you need in there are Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength, Surf, and Waterfall. Flash I think is recommended but not required.

Quote:
YIKES. I meant to ask this - is it possible to get to 150 before the Elite 4? I have 8 badges and all that. I really want that national dex!

You cannot get the National Dex before the Elite Four anyway. It is possible to get all 150 with a lot of training and trading, but it will not get you the Nat'l Dex any faster if you don't beat the E4.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but: how does one insert an Odd Keystone into the Hallowed Tower? When I try to, all I get is "It's the Hallowed Tower. It appears to have been built many years ago." & nothing else.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Spair wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but: how does one insert an Odd Keystone into the Hallowed Tower? When I try to, all I get is "It's the Hallowed Tower. It appears to have been built many years ago." & nothing else.

You must have already placed an Odd Keystone in the tower. Now, after you talk to other players in the underground 32 times a Spiritomb will appear. Otherwise nothing happens.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next