It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Legendary Pokemon. What type that you hope to see in Gen 6? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

event Pokemon or not, Zorua and Zoroark aren't legendaries, plain and simple. Come on people, this isn't early 2011.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Meh, don't see how he's not a legendary just cause you don't want him to be one.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, Zorua and Zoroark are considered to be Special Pokemon, and Victini is also considered to be a Special Pokemon... So... Yeah.
And you are right about one thing, vapor. It's not early 2011. It's early 2013. Where's your f****ng point?

Goodbye
"

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I consider Volcarona a legendary also, but I'm assuming that's going to be disagreed with as well. More a pseudo-legendary.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:36 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

They're not Legendaries because they have none of the qualities that make Pokemon be considered Legendary. No special music, no special backstory, no enumeration at the end of its region's part of the Pokedex (yes, I'm aware of Victini before somebody brings him up), no high stat total, no official word saying that they're legendaries, etc. I don't really know how this is even a point of debate. At least when some people incorrectly thought Rotom was a Legendary, the Legendary music was playing during the battle as a joke.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:43 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The birds, dogs, and regi's had special back stories??? O_o Trapped in (Blank) area for a long time isn't really special. And the musketeer's saving Pokemon from a fire isn't exactly super detailed.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost brings up a good point. But didn't Zorua and Zoroark have a backstory? idc anymore.
Point is, I'm kind of fed up with people saying how horrible the pokemon were in Gen V, both in terms of design and in types, then these same people turn around and praise Gen IV.

Goodbye
"

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:07 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

They did have a bit of a story, more than a chunk of other legendaries have. But I can't really comment on some of the other points, I never play with sounds on, Zoroark isn't at the end of the dex, and it's stats aren't super high. Doesn't matter though.

Gen 4 was fun, really haven't been dissapointed with any of the games, the spin-off's yes, but main series, no. They've all been fun.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:14 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i think there will be at least 2 sets of 3 legenderies.

http://pokemon.hunngry.com/forum.php - new forum please check it out as we need more members :)

Last edited by alkranite on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:32 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Regardless of how vague Legendary Pokemon backstories are, they still get mentioned in regular, non-Pokedex dialogue and many of them play a part of the plot, which is more than you can say for most Pokemon. Yeah, the story for the Birds was non-existent, but pretty much every other Legendary after them had a specific story, and many of them intertwined in the more recent games. For example, there was more to the story of the Legendary Beasts than Raikou, Suicune and Entei being locked in the Burned Tower. They were Pokemon who died in that Tower when it caught on fire, and then Ho-oh resurrected them into their current states, basing their elements on the lightning that started the destruction, the fire that burned the tower and the wind and water that extinguished it.

Also, something I forgot to mention is that... well, Zorua evolves into Zoroark. There's never been a family of Legendary Pokemon. They've all been single-stages, even Phione and Manaphy. They also can breed, when the ability to breed is found in no Legendaries (except Manaphy and Phione, who both create more Phione, which is probably one of the reasons why Phione's status as Legendary is debated).

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thank you, Frost. For once we agree on something. I mean come on, we're not 7 year old kids who think Charizard is a dragon type. No need to have a debate over whether or not Zorua and Zoroark are legendaries when they clearly aren't. And my point by saying this isn't early 2011 is because that's when a lot of my friends just realized Zoroark wasn't a legendary, similar to how when DP first came out, people realized Lucario wasn't a legendary. Of course there was also the majority group of people who knew this ahead of time.

Also I agree that there's not much difference between Generation IV and V in terms of design. The differences come from comparing Generation I and V, which is only natural because drawing styles for anyone would often change during such a long period of time.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
No need to debate whether they are or are not, because they clearly aren't.

That's more or less an opinion.

Goodbye
"

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:11 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Never thought Charizard was a dragon type even when the game first came out when I was 13.

Most likely there won't be anything special with the legendaries. Couple psychics and a couple dragons, elemental trio of some kind, and a few event only to tied us over till Z or XY2.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm with vg on this.
Also, to clear the confusion:
Up until now, all legendaries share some traits. These are:
They have a BST of at least 580.
They occupy the last Pokedex numbers or, in case of Victini, they have a special number. Usually, the first legendaries to appear in a Pokedex are the trios.
They don't evolve and they don't have a previous forme.
They are unique, not only in terms of capturing, but number in general. Lucario, Volcarona and Zoroark are all seen in multiples (Maylene has Lucario, N has a Zoroark, Alder has a Volcarona).

A Pokemon that doesn't fit in all of these categories isn't a legendary (that's why no one's certain about Phione).

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:52 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ChillBill wrote:
I'm with vg on this.
Also, to clear the confusion:
Up until now, all legendaries share some traits. These are:
They have a BST of at least 580.
They occupy the last Pokedex numbers or, in case of Victini, they have a special number. Usually, the first legendaries to appear in a Pokedex are the trios.
They don't evolve and they don't have a previous forme.
They are unique, not only in terms of capturing, but number in general. Lucario, Volcarona and Zoroark are all seen in multiples (Maylene has Lucario, N has a Zoroark, Alder has a Volcarona).

A Pokemon that doesn't fit in all of these categories isn't a legendary (that's why no one's certain about Phione).

finally a sort of decent way of classifieng legendaries

http://pokemon.hunngry.com/forum.php - new forum please check it out as we need more members :)

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:53 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

It always seems odd to me when there's such confusion over what Pokemon are considered Legendary, honestly. Like, I was even pretty surprised when people really thought Rotom was Legendary because of the music and the fact that he's the last Sinnoh Pokemon before the Legendaries. With those stats. With that design that's pretty much lacking any majesty or OMG SUPER AWESOME LEGENDARY POKEMON appeal. And the fact that they had to "evolve" him in Platinum... D:

Also I think the main reason why people are confused about Phione is that multiple official sources have explicitly stated that he is a Legendary, and multiple other official sources have also stated that he is NOT a Legendary. It's like they can't even make up their minds about him.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Untill pokemon diamond/pearl, {unown} was considered a legendary pokemon, my favorite legendary pokemon.
In the movie "Spell of the Unown", Oak even say that they are legendaries.
But, suddenly... he's not anymore :cry:

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Unown was never a legendary Pokemon. Unown is not even close to being strong enough for that role. As for Professor Oak's statement in the 3rd Pokemon movie, we all know the Anime has made A LOT of mistakes (Shadow Ball on Normal types one of the most obvious ones) and that comment is one of them. Also, in Arcanine's Pokedex entry it is classified as the Legendary Pokemon but it's not either, although between Unown and Arcanine, Arcanine to me looks more like a legendary Pokemon, but it isn't.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My friend had a poster before, where all the legendaries had a red name, and unown was one of them.
~In firered, I had a unown Z, who had a water type hidden power, and when I first tried to catch it, it almost killed my lvl100 charizard - it was really powerfull.
I lvled it up to lvl54, and he could OHKO Rival's lvl60 Arcanine.
So yes, unowns can be kinda powerful.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Posters and such with less than accurate Pokemon related information are not unheard of. And aren't the Unown in Firered obtainable at levels in the 20s? Maybe 30s? And it supposedly almost KO'd your lv100 Charizard? I feel like I'm reliving that one episode of the anime (season 10) with the most powerful Magikarp and the most beautiful Feebas.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vaporterra wrote:
Posters and such with less than accurate Pokemon related information are not unheard of. And aren't the Unown in Firered obtainable at levels in the 20s? Maybe 30s? And it supposedly almost KO'd your lv100 Charizard? I feel like I'm reliving that one episode of the anime (season 10) with the most powerful Magikarp and the most beautiful Feebas.

The unowns can be catched at lvl25.
And each time he used Hidden Power, my charizard lost about 1/8 of his hp.
Once, I was trying to catch a lvl5 tantacool. And he almost killed my charizard, because he was poisoned. I finally ran away with ~15hp, and couldnt catch this horrible thing - wasted around 30 ultra balls.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Try a Net Ball next time. To me I feel like Net Balls work better than Ultra Balls. I haven't memorized the exact multipliers but that's just my experience.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vaporterra wrote:
Try a Net Ball next time. To me I feel like Net Balls work better than Ultra Balls. I haven't memorized the exact multipliers but that's just my experience.

Net balls work better on water pokemon. ;)
I was really unlucky when it happened. (Seriously, it took me one premier ball to capture {rayquaza} in my emerald.)

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
catched.

caught not catched

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

alkranite wrote:
GhostPony750 wrote:
catched.

caught not catched

There's only room for one grammar nazi in this forum. And that's DNA. :P

Besides, GhostPony is French, and is still working on mastering English, but to be honest, his grammar is better than a lot of native English speakers that I know.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next