It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What you want added to Gen VI 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I, for one, am very excited to hear that the next Pokemon games will be released this fall, and in 3D no less! Many people, myself included, enjoyed the Gen V games, but wish that something more different from previous games had been incorporated. So, I ask you this: what new things, besides the Pokemon, would you want added to Pokemon X and Y? This could be gameplay mechanics, themes, music, whatever. Here's my short list. I may add more later.

* Bring back the Trick House
* Customizable player character models and the ability to buy new clothes and accessories
* An ingame Little Cup rules set for Online matches, etc
* The ability to spectate live online matches
* Easier friend registration

PS: I noticed that the two legendaries bare a striking resemblance to the Great Forest Spirit and the Nightwalker from Princess Mononoke.

Double Edit: Whoops, I should have noticed that a similar thread also existed. And Shinashu Taji, It looks like we both noticed the same thing.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It would be fun if we could customize our character!
I want a longer storyline and moar gym badges.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I want an easy way to find pokemon on the GTS and no more "level 9 and under"

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:11 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
The whole Lvl 9 and under thing are from the cloning glitch in certain games (forgot which). This probably won't be fixed beacuse of the fact that people may want Lvl 9 and under pokemon.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would like to see more pokemon looking like dinosaurs and dragons, I think they generally look cooler, and thus tend to gravitate towards cooler looking pokemon, though they may or may not be stronger for my team. Also, I'd like to see another awesome set of and more fossils. Black and white fossil pokemon look cool, but are the exact same types as red/blue/yellow, and i'd love it if there were more than just 2 like there have been for the past couple generations. 3 was a nice number, maybe 4, but 5 would be too many. Also I hope they never stop making these games, they are addicting :lol:

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Generation 1: 5 Fossil Pokemon
Generation 2: None, likely because Johto and Kanto are technically connected by land
Generations 3-5: 4 each.

So maybe you meant more than 2 evolution lines. Honestly I think 3 evolutionary lines but 2 no evolution Pokemon and 1 3-stage line would do, and hopeful by No-Evos I mean as strong as stuff like Bouffalant and Heracross, not Ditto lol.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Let me see:

- Pokémon out of its pokeball, like in HGSS
- Back of the different fishing rods
- I liked the Underground from DPPt; it was a funny way to get some really good items
- Vs. Seeker

"

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

-A nerf to Drizzle,Sand stream,Snow and Drought abilities.
-A way to check IV numbers in-game.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:47 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
-A nerf to Drizzle,Sand stream,Snow and Drought abilities.
-A way to check IV numbers in-game.

I believe you mean Snow Warning? Anyway I think this could be nerfed either by giving more Pokemon (and by that my mean more Pokemon that can be competitive in the battle scene) the Cloud Nine ability. Another way could make those abilities into automatic Rain Dance/Sunny Day/Hail/Sandstorm, which means they go away after 5 turns (or 8 if they're holding a Damp Rock, etc.; those series of items)

I think it would be very beneficial to check stuff like EVs and IVs in game, it would make our lives so much easier, and all the noobs who play it will be like "where'd all this new stuff come from?". However it doesn't seem like something that would be Nintendo/Pokemon Company/Gamefreak's priority.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Personally I'd prefer if they just made the abilities last only as long as the pokemon with the ability is in play. They'd still be great abilities for the pokes with them in singles. Doubles/Triples would still be able to use the abilities to their partners advantage.

Making them a 5-8 turn weather would remove weather stall to an extent, but would make the game more centered around hazards(If that's possible) with weather setters switching in repeatedly to restore the effect.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Make abilities that can be used in-game and wi-fi.
I hate how I don't really use Victini's ability to its fullest extent, only because I DON'T USE WI-FI, GF!

Goodbye
"

Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
Make abilities that can be used in-game and wi-fi.
I hate how I don't really use Victini's ability to its fullest extent, only because I DON'T USE WI-FI, GF!

Victini is banned in Wi-fi anyways :/

Just use him in PWT doubles/triples if you want to use it in-game.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I always wanted alternative ways for evolving pokemon through trades
I also thought of creating events that would be like in the pokemon movies

Sun May 12, 2013 9:38 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It'd kind of odd, but I hope there aren't more than 100 new Pokémon. Up until this point, each generation had a triple number corresponding to its generation. Gen 1 had Pokémon 111 (Rhyhorn), Gen 2 had Pokémon 222 (Corsola), Gen 3 had Pokémon 333 (Swablu), et cetera. And I want Gen 6 to have Pokémon 666 (the Devil, hopefully), and Gen 7 to have Pokémon 777. I don't know why.

Mon May 13, 2013 8:26 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Well, in that case, they could have up to 127 new Pokemon and Generation VII would still get #777. Don't get your hopes up on #666 being anything special, though. It'll probably be some early game vendor trash Pokemon because it'll come so early into the Karos dex. And also the number only really has significance in Christianity when that's not a widespread thing in Japan.

Mon May 13, 2013 10:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
Well, in that case, they could have up to 127 new Pokemon and Generation VII would still get #777. Don't get your hopes up on #666 being anything special, though. It'll probably be some early game vendor trash Pokemon because it'll come so early into the Karos dex. And also the number only really has significance in Christianity when that's not a widespread thing in Japan.

#777 will probably be a luck dragon or something, and 666 a random pokemon... but well, I hope they do something special.

Mon May 13, 2013 2:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

No matter what #666 is, even if it's the game's Caterpie, there will be an avalanche of posts implying that it is Satanic.

Assuming that the game's Dex begins with nine starters, that would put it as the 8th non-starting Pokemon. Based on previous generations, expect it to be similar to the likes of Pidgeotto, Ariados, Cascoon, Shinx, and Pansage.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:42 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'd like:
1. Following!( Come on, be serious. Who wouldn't want a Sylveon following you?)
2. Every previous legendaries
3. Swimming! (No, not riding on a pokemon, a pool or something)
4. Contests
5. Trick house!!!!!
6. Spooky areas. (Think pokepark 1, haunted Zone, people love a scare.)
In XY

Mew, in all, is better than mewtwo.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Swimming defeats the purpose of the move Surf, which has been an HM in every single main series game. They could do what they do to several HMs and retire Surf for that region but that seems like a longshot.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:45 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

In my opinion, HMs are annoying. I'm tired of having to create my team in such a way that allows me to use the HMs I need (since I don't have the patience to switch Pokemon in and out for HMs). I feel like they are very restricting. However, it's a component they use to control story progression, so I doubt they'll be rid of them. :\

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, it would be better to do swimming. I have like every water type having surf.

Mew, in all, is better than mewtwo.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:59 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Swimming could've been used only in the more...sheltered areas. Like a pool.
Or the shallower places.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5153353/1/P ... of_Azeroth
This is what I call a true fanfiction! Sequel is now in progress! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7172509/1/B ... _the_Flame
Disclaimer: I do not own them. I merely post it here so that I can share this with you.
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PFZX5DZ~5Dr
Please hatch my eggs !

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:04 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I want a good plot with some character development for once.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:

If you played at least one of Black/White and Black/White 2, you would've gotten that. Well it's still not the best plot ever, but they definitely gave many major characters character development and it was a big step in the right direction in terms of plot. In Pokémon X and Y, from what we know so far there are a few cool characters so I hope they do good things with them.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

vaporterra wrote:
Quote:

If you played at least one of Black/White and Black/White 2, you would've gotten that. Well it's still not the best plot ever, but they definitely gave many major characters character development and it was a big step in the right direction in terms of plot. In Pokémon X and Y, from what we know so far there are a few cool characters so I hope they do good things with them.

Maybe I'll get a DS finally.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next