The Starter Pokemon Elimination Challenge 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Totodile: Did a nuzloke, died instantly
Grovyle: My least favourite Hoenn mid evolution
Pignite: I hate Pignite

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:49 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
So tally so far:

The Tally wrote:
{ivysaur} Ivysaur
{charmeleon} Charmeleon
{blastoise} Blastoise
{quilava} Quilava
{typhlosion} Typhlosion
{chikorita} Chikorita ||
{totodile} Totodile |
{croconaw} Croconaw |
{feraligatr} Feraligatr
{torchic} Torchic
{combusken} Combusken
{grovyle} Grovyle |
{torterra} Torterra |
Pignite ||||
Oshawott ||

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pignite is gonna die fast! :twisted: (I hope so :? )
Why people don't like chikorita?
He's awesome!!!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:18 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
James86134 wrote:
So tally so far:

The Tally wrote:
{ivysaur} Ivysaur
{charmeleon} Charmeleon
{blastoise} Blastoise
{quilava} Quilava
{typhlosion} Typhlosion
{chikorita} Chikorita ||
{totodile} Totodile |
{croconaw} Croconaw ||
{feraligatr} Feraligatr
{torchic} Torchic
{combusken} Combusken
{grovyle} Grovyle ||
{torterra} Torterra |
Pignite ||||| POOF GONE
Oshawott ||

And with my votes added:

Pignite: Could do a lot better than a fighting pig. Chicken, Monkey, Pig. What's next goat?
Grovyle: Had some real potential to be a Flying/ Grass type. Even had leaves to make wings. But nooooooo.
Croconaw: Basically a bigger Totodile with spots. And totodile wasn't even that good to begin with.

So I will add my votes.

And what do you know. Pignite is gone! No more voting for him. None of the Tepig evos got through. Then again. There's always wildcards. 6 days left. After that we go into Round 1.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Finally the damn pig is dead! :twisted:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:46 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

LAST CALL FOR VOTES. VOTES WILL CLOSE IN 3 HOURS.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

So there won't be any more votes for this round? Apparently not.

This puts the scoreboard at;
Quote:
{ivysaur} Ivysaur
{charmeleon} Charmeleon
{blastoise} Blastoise
{quilava} Quilava
{typhlosion} Typhlosion
{chikorita} Chikorita ||
{totodile} Totodile |
{croconaw} Croconaw ||
{feraligatr} Feraligatr
{torchic} Torchic
{combusken} Combusken
{grovyle} Grovyle ||
{torterra} Torterra |
Pignite ||||| POOF GONE
Oshawott ||

And this means.... That Pignite is gone.
And it also means.... :o SUDDEN DEATH :o

With only a limited number of votes, we only have one confirmed elimination. This means that all the next group of pokemon with the highest tally have to go. With too many of them, that means we have to kick some of them.

3 of these pokemon will be gone in one week;

OSHAWOTT, GROVYLE, CROCONAW AND CHIKORITA

So in this sudden death we have two grass types, two water types. Chikorita has already had its evolution go into this and come out alive. Will she be lucky enough to make it?

The Votes will work normally except you only vote for two pokemon to be kicked out from this group. The 3 pokemon with the most votes at the end of a week will be eliminated. Or any pokemon that reaches four votes.

After this sudden death is completed we will have out top 33 and can start ROUND 1.

Happy voting.

So I'll add my votes;

I will vote for
Croconaw; See past reason for elimination. Totodile with spots.
Grovyle; Suffers from what Frost calls Middle Stage Evolution Syndrome... I think.

So now the scoreboard is;

{croconaw} |
{grovyle} |
{chikorita}
Oshawott

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Obligated to vote. Calm down man, chill. I'm doin- *gun cocks*
Stop delaying and kill off that grass type and the stupid inferior water type. Start the bandwagon, fool!
Okay don't kill me! I have a life on the internet and PlayStation! I'm too worthless to die!
Agreed. But ya'll vote anyway!
Okay, okay. Uh... Grovyle and Croconaw.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My votes.
Chikorita: Useless in-game, terrible evos.
Oshawott: Do I have to go through the Unova hatred again?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:47 am
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

QUICK SCOREBOARD UPDATE

ZACRE BLEU ITZ ZE SCOREVOARD wrote:

{chikorita} |

{grovyle} ||

{croconaw} ||

Oshawott |

So now its Grovyle and Croconaw to go, with Oshwott and Chikorita having a chance at surviving.

Personally, I want Oshawott to be the one to make it in. Grovyle and Croconaw only need to 2 more votes to go.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

-Oshawott (Dieee!!!! :twisted: )
-Croconaw

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:34 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Grovyle
Croconaw-Totodile's ugly evelution

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Chikorita and Croconaw
Pretty much the same reasons for both- boring in general and rather weak.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Chikorita - One of the worst starters in my opinion.
Oshawott - Least favourite besides Chikorita.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:32 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

I've got a few votes to count up in such a short time :shock: . TOO MUCH TO DO.

Anyway, here's the scoreboard and a quick commentary.

ERMHAGERD ATS TEH SCOREBAROD wrote:

Croconaw {croconaw} |||| POOF GONE

Grovyle {grovyle} |||

Chikorita {chikorita} |||

Oshawott |||

So, that's the vote tally. ShuckleRocks, feel free to change your vote as you weren't supposed to vote for Croconaw again. He was already at the limit of 4 votes. So change your vote to anyone.

So the last 3 left have 3 votes each. This means that the next vote decides who makes it in. If Shuckle changes his vote, then the next person should only vote for one pokemon. Please tell me if I'm making it too confusing.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Boom.

I am changing the vote to Grovyle: he's somewhat cooler, but he's still a boring middle evolution, the Treecko line hasn't been the most interesting, and Oshawott is better.

And sorry that I didn't see that Croconaw was already eliminated; I just voted for him and didn't think about that.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

@Shuckle No problem

SCOREBOARD UPDATE
( I really think they should have police siren emoticons)

The Scoreboard wrote:

{grovyle} Grovyle |||| POOF GONE

{croconaw} Croconaw |||| POOF GONE

{chikorita} Chikorita |||

Oshawott |||

So quick heads up, personal opinion, commentary.

The next person to vote must only vote for one of these two pokemon; CHIKORITA OR OSHAWOTT

Opinion: I'm happy with either of them going through. I like the both, they don't suffer from middle stage evo syndrome, bot cute. Either one can go through and I'll be happy.

Commentary: With Croconaw already gone, who will go next. Ohhhhhh, And grovyle is GONE. Chikorita and Oshawott with 3 votes each, one vote off the limit. Who will go next. Only you will decide.

Actually, I'm going to RNG the winner in about five hours, then I'll post the results.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:34 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

And the winner is...

Going to be announced after a lengthy paragraph.

In the last three groups we have had many starters fall and continue making the the first 32 of 26:

The first 32

Venusaur
Wartortle
Prinplup
Squirtle
Turtwig
Charizard
Sceptile
Serperior
Blaziken
Charmander
Marshtomp
Bulbasaur
Cyndaquil
Bayleef
Treecko
Mudkip
Swampert
Grotle
Piplup
Empoleon
Infernape
Samurott
Torterra
Combusken
Torchic
Feraligatr
Totodile
Typhlosion
Quilava
Blastoise
Charmeleon
Ivysaur

As well as the three wildcards, we also have the Sudden Death between Chikorita and Oshawott.

Its been a tie from the start of the sudden death when it can to these two. They were the two of four that was apart of the Sudden Death. Almost instantly the first pokemon fell out of the compition; Croconaw. After a few more hours so did Grovyle. Leaving these two starters left. One of these would continue to Round 1. The other, well only wildcards could help them. I have RNG the winner. The winner is not a fire type. (Obviously ;) ) The winner has at least two legs. The winner gains no secondary type upon evolving. The winner is...

Lawl I got you waiting!(Just for fun)

OSHAWOTT!!!!!!

He will continue into the top 33, while Chikorita must depend on wildcards. Btw Round 1 will start on about 1 day and 15 and a half hours. So for you Auzzies (like me) tomorrow at 5:00pm.

NOT REALLY, THE WINNER WAS CHIKORITA. GOTCHA

DISCUSS UNTIL THEN :mrgreen:
Soon Bayleef and Chikorita will make it into Round 1. Then Meganium will be a wild card. And soon THEY WILL WIN THIS COMPITITION.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:28 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Before we start. A little ceremony.

*Cut The Ribbon* LET THE STARTER POKEMON ELIMINATION CHALLENGE BEEEEGIN

ROUND ONE STORY

As the people slowly narrowed down all of the starters, they came to 33. As the top 33 stood there, a whimsical mystic flew down from above, dropping three cards. All of the starters looked at the cards and saw that they were wildcards. They had pictures of three eliminated Pokemon. They decided to let these pokemon back into the competition. They slowly read the cards. As the Pokemon ran back over to them, the starters decided to battle to get rid of some of the others.

So there we have it. The three wildcards will slowly be given out as we progress through Round 1.
Here's how it will work
Round 1 Rules:
1. A Pokemon battle between two pokemon will commence.
2. The pokemon with the type advantage will gain one vote over the other. E.g Charizard gets ONE extra vote over bulbasaur. Ivysaur gets ONE extra vote over Meganium. If they were to battle.
3. The winner of the pokemon battle will continue to Round 2.
4. As the battle progress, the wildcards will be announced, giving away the top 36.
5. Each Pokemon Battle will last 5 days.
6. Two Pokemon Battles will commence at the same time.
7. Each person will be allowed to vote for one pokemon per battle.
8. By the end of Round 1, only 18 starters will remain.

Here's a list of the top 33, if your favourite isn't in there, hope for the Wildcard to choose them:

Top 33:

KANTO STARTERS
Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise

JOHTO STARTERS
Chikorita
Bayleef
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Totodile
Feraligatr

HOENN STARTERS
Treecko
Sceptile
Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken
Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert

SINNOH STARTERS
Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra
Infernape
Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon

UNOVA STARTERS
Serperior
Samurott

As you can see all of the Kanto Starters managed. 7 Johto Starters made the cut. 8 Hoenn. 7 Sinnoh. And sadly, only 2 Unova. Good news for Samurott, Samurott made it.
Kanto and Hoenn felt the love. Johto and Sinnoh got some. And Unova is pretty... Well.... Hated.

So lets kick off Round 1...

For the first battle we have;
{blaziken} VS {squirtle}
So, as Squirtle has a type advantage, he gains one extra vote.
Score:
Blaziken: 0
Squirtle: 1

For the Second Battle we have;
{swampert} vs {torterra}
Torterra, being a grass type beats Water/ Ground. Giving one extra vote.
Score:
Swampert: 0
Torterra: 1

Remember vote for the one you want to WIN in each battle.

Happy Voting. I'll post my votes tomorrow.

EDIT: Just realised this. Congratz to me for getting my 200th post a few days back.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Seriously? One extra vote? This is too much based on luck.

Blaziken blasts Squirtle with ThuderPunch/Hi-Jump Kick. +1 for Blaziken! The best starter ever!

Torterra uses its higher Speed and Wood Hammer to kill the Mud Fish! +1 for Torterra!

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Good news for Samurott, Samurott made it!

New nature unlocked: Narcissist! Narcissist Samurott is a badass, with a finger to Torrent and its completely new ability, Bitch I'm Samurott, is widely accepted! Hydro Cannon is learned upon evolution, and has a PP of 10. Did I mention it has no downtime? (And that's my new idea for CAC)
Anyway, all shenanigans aside...
Squirtle delivers a Hydro Pump to Blaziken. +1 to Squirtle!
Swampert delivers a... Wait, this seems a little rigged.

Goodbye
"

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{blaziken} use thunderpunch on {squirtle}
{swampert} use ice beam on {torterra}

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:06 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Just to set things out. The whole battle thing was just to get Round 1. Instead of just going

Swampert+1 I herd you liek Mudkipz
Squirtle +1 SAME TYPING AS MUDKIP

I mean how boring is that.
Decided to add typing advantages into this. Just for the whole battle element.

If anyone has a problem with it, TOO BAD I'll change it. Its that simple.

Anywho,

My votes:

Squirtle: Water Gun on Blaziken... ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE
Swampert: SPAM ICE BEAM... ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE

Me: VOTE AND SPAM MOVES ONTO THE NON WATER TYPES

Battle 1 and 2 wrote:

Battle 1
{squirtle} Vs {blaziken}
Squirtle: |||
Blaziken: ||

Battle 2
{swampert} Vs {torterra}
Swampert: |||
Torterra: ||

In Round 1, all the voting ends 5 days from when it starts. So vote for whoever you want to win. No limits.

So Water types are winning (Yessss!), Blaziken under Squirtle on voting (Yesssss!, Torterra losing (Yessssss!).

I'm happy :mrgreen:

P.S.

GhostPony, I liek your Avatar, do you liek Mudkipz :3

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James86134 wrote:
GhostPony, I liek your Avatar, do you liek Mudkipz :3

Thanks!! :D (Mektar made it :3)
Adn of corues I liek Mudkipz!!1! :)

Edit: Freeze Torterra!!! :twisted:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Just a small update from me... More of an alert.

I'm going to be away for the next week. I might post every now and then but probably not. This round might last a bit longer than usual. Just a quick heads up... Don't worry if the game doesn't update when its supposed to.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next