Meow 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Wow 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
What is happening here? 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 9

Just your Average Sprite Gallery 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm allowed to post this, right? Right?

Not sure, there are some places I've been to where a user has to have a minimum number of posts to link/post pictures. Oh gosh, I hope I'm allowed to.

I guess start with an introduction?

My name is Kyoune (not really that would be silly), and I've been a spriter for a very, very long time. I'm not old (I think?) and I sprite in my free time at college between classes, work, and spending time with my boyfriend! Anyways, I haven't always gone as Kyoune; so please don't accuse me of sprite theft. If you believe I have stolen sprites, please send me a quick message so I can prove my authenticity.

Anyways, enough chatter, to the sprites!

Phanphy/Zubat Fusion

Starter Line Fusion

Crogunk/Marowak Fusion

Cacnea Recolor

Heracross Revamp

Gluttony Palette
Image Image Image

Nobody Heart Palette
Image Image Image Image Image

Shadow Heart Palette
Image Image Image Image Image

Experiment Palette
Image Image

Nibi Palette (Blue/Purple)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Kyuubi Palette
Image Image Image

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:01 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I have no sprinting experience my self. Bu, I'm going to critisize anyway. Deal with it 8-) . So first of all, the croagunk, marowak fusion. Not really appealing. Look at the face, stretched. Try making it both ways when spriting, to see which is better. The Shadow Heart Pallet Raichu scares me a little bit. I'm not meaning to offend you, but you claim to be a senior spriter. But maybe you should continue with a few fusions and recolours, just for a little whhiiiiile.

Then again, you don't really have to listen to me, I'm not really a spriter myself. Just basing this off of the other fusions and artworks on here. {wynaut}?

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ehh, I wouldn't claim I'm a senior spriter. While I have spirited for a very long time, I've taken incredibly long breaks in between spiriting. For example, even though I may have started in 2007 there was about a year and half period when I did absolutely nothing. And it still is like that, in a way.

I do tend to favor recolors over fusions, though. That's why I don't do very many of them OR I prefer to not do them at all. I think it's because I have this idea of what I want the sprite to be, but I can't never get all the designs on the final product or I end up spending an increasingly long time on a sprite because I tend to never use actual parts from the official sprite. Mainly because they just don't fit on very well for what I'm attempting. But here are some more (albeit sloppy) fusions.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James, that Raichu will be waiting for you when you wake up tomorrow.
Anyway, you might want to look into making the background transparent. Try converting them to .png format when you export them.

Goodbye
"

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't use GIMP for my sprites, just MSPaint. So I tend to stick with a black/white background OR I use Iaza to convert it to transparency then resave. But on certain forums that mainly had a white background it was just easy to leave it as is, unless the person requesting said otherwise.

c:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:58 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
@Samurott: Not if its already sitting next to you when you wake up.

Most of these sprites look a lot better. The Eevee/ Breloom is the best so far. The only problem is the tail. I officially call it Gnomey.
The seaweed Lapras looks good too.

Some of the one further down look a bit bloom faced, specifically the wartortle/something fusion. And the Raichu/Snorlax fusion. Apart from that, great. Some of these are actually really creepy :? .

EDIT: 175th Post. :P

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, the dates of those fusions vary greatly...you probably didn't notice but you actually made me look into my old Photobucket account where they were found--I don't even want to bring up my oldest ones...

Oh well, we all start somewhere.

I think the probably with the Wartortle/Skitty fusion is that the sprite was made during a time where a lot of my palettes and colors were very soft. Now, they're a lot more darker although I do have a couple of palettes where they aren't. Here's what my sprite shop "can-do" image was.

I really only like doing recolors, mainly because they're simple and won't take me a lot of time since college is rough.

EDIT: Also, I remember I wanted to use a black background to show off the glow on some of the sprites. If they want to be on a lighter background they need to have a different layout. Dark-->Light as apposed to Light-->Dark.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh wow, they look awesome!!! :D
Your Salamence and your Absol are amazing, the best so far! :)

~Can you do something with Rapidash? It would be awesome! :3

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

How bout Zebstrika and Rapidash?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, I can do that! Just tell me what palette or what you want to see and I'll be happy to whip something up for you.

c:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

It's your sprite. DO WHAT FEELS NATURAL. ;)

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:55 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Welcome to the forums, Kyoune! Most of this stuff is really good, especially your various palette recolors. It looks like you put a lot work into each sprite, far more than I would have the time to these days.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wow, Kyoune, those sprites are pretty awesome, do you think you could make me an avatar, (I'll give credit in my sig and even pay psybucks if you want) :D

ImageThe time has come to speak of other things, of shoes and ships and ceiling wax and cabages and kings! And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings! Kalue kalae no work today! We're cabbages and kings! Credit to Dragoboy for the AWESOME sig.!

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Uhh.. What's the point of Psybucks. The only things they're used for:

1. Getting More Psybucks
2. Wating them in the Lotto
3. Being the only One way up there with the most Psybucks; Either Chillbill or a guy who hasn't made a single post; MewMewtwo...

Anyway, just going through them:
Twilight is great, although the name doesn't fit...

Snow and String of fate look great...
Ice is a bit... Ironic
Quilava/ Beedrill looks good
They all look better for some reason...

I wonder why? :?

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't know, just seemed like a nice formal form of payment. (along with sig credit)

ImageThe time has come to speak of other things, of shoes and ships and ceiling wax and cabages and kings! And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings! Kalue kalae no work today! We're cabbages and kings! Credit to Dragoboy for the AWESOME sig.!

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:40 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Did anyone notice something different about my post...

Anywho, I think Sig Cred and A thank you Should be enough... Unless you want to email them your credit card and PIN number. :3

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

What's different about your post, I can't find it and this angers me!!! :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
and I also think I'd rather not do that.. Lawlz!
Edit: Nevermind, I found the difference ( :o - I see what you did there)

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:33 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Really what was the difference.

Just to make this post on topic:

I like the Regice/Charizard? Fusion.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The Re: Line, and to make this relevant, I really like the Giratina Bioshock, and the one you just made was different too because it said "my" instead of "your".

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:13 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

:?:

I'm not quite sure what exactly to call what you two are doing, but it would be nice if you stopped. The point of this thread is to discuss Kyoune's artwork.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm a big fan of your nibi and shadow heart palette, all of the pokes in them look quite awesome.
Making me want to be on tumblr. a little less with my free time and spend it spriting again lol.

Time Zone- -5 GMT

Check out my Trade Thread: Fallen's Trade Center Gen4 and Gen5
I sprite a little on my free time, check it out: Fallen's Art Gallery

Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I like all of the sprites you've posted so far, Kyoune. :3 I would give you some critiques, but you're way beyond my spriting skill level! Your palettes are very interesting, though. They show a grasp of the kind of contrast that's needed for good sprites. Also, I agree that providing a background is nice considering that every forum has a different background for posts and that can make it difficult to see certain details.

My favorite is this one:

It's so cute! x3

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Totally not dead or anything. Yup.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kyoune wrote:
Totally not dead or anything. Yup.