It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Which random/ugly pokemon did you enjoyed training the most? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The first time I played Firered (When I was noob), I had the random idea of training Mr.Mime along with Charizard, Zapdos, Farfetch'd and some others I forgot.
Actually, it was a good idea. Being lvl 64 (Yep still remember), It completly pwned Agatha. It may seem ugly, but he's really nice.
Here's the team (the ones I remember):
-Charizard Female lvl100 (Noob enough to give her 4 HM :frustrated: )
-Zapdos lvl56
-Farfetch'd lvl54
-Mr.Mime lvl64

[Ironic] When I finally beat the League, I had forgot him in my box! Yep, had a bad time with Agatha, but managed to do this. (I was always pwned by Lance's Aerodactyl... That's when I noticed Electric affect rock. (No idea because of Onix)) When I finally beat the League, I had captured 128 Pokemon in total) [/Ironic]

So, I'm curious about you: Which pokemon (random or ugly) did you enjoyed training the most? Is it Lickitung, or even Zubat?

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It may not be a weird pokemon but i loved training:

Pidgeot lv 53

Its sad :violin: but I actually only own a gameboy color with pokemon blue/red/yellow.

But anywas pidgeot was very fun to train.

Although training my luigia lv 100 was weird. it was so overpowered.

Ps: PinkiePie is best pony.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Recently, I decided to train a mankey, and seriously it pwn!
Huge speed and attack, can't stop doing critical hits.
I think I trained a Pidgeot to lvl71... think I still have it. :)

Ps: Derpy Hooves is best pony. ;)

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Back when I myself was a noob (Sapphire as first game), I don't really know how or why I chose my team. Half of them were normal-looking (Blaziken {blaziken}, Raichu {raichu}, Flygon {flygon}) and half were ugly (Crawdaunt {crawdaunt}, Crobat {crobat}, Exploud {exploud}). Crawdaunt and Crobat were absolutely amazing, I loved Blaziken and Raichu so much they were my first hand-raised level 100s, Flygon was also pretty good, and Exploud was.... there. He was okay, but I usually used him as either a turn to heal someone else or just to wipe out someone I didn't have any other type advantages over or who was about to faint.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I actually loved training my pikachu simply because of the faint cry he made.
IT IS SOOO CUTE :cry:

Ps: Derpy is best backround pony.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, in Emerald I trained a Wailord and a Pelipper.
It was my first game, so I didn't even know what natures are. But generally, GP's new sig applies to me in all games during the story. I only begin serious training after the E4. So I almost always have a couple of guys who are a bit ugly (I once trained a Kecleon).

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

In my first run of Ruby I had a team of Swampert, Swellow, Mightyena, Torkoal, Flygon, and Plusle. Yeah I know Plusle the standard Pikachu clone, but hey it worked nicely for me. Plus I needed some cutness on my team when they were either "cool" looking or fugly as crap.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The only ugly pokemon to me that you guys have said so far is Exploud *shrug* Mr. Mime isn't ugly lol.

For me, I guess the most random fully trained pokemon I've had were a level one hundred Treecko and his best friend Mudster (the Mudkip) ;)

Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

A looong time ago when I was playing LG I reached Celadon city and had just received Fly, but I didn't have a Pokemon to beat Erica with (or some other reason.. I don't remember), so I caught a Doduo close by, and at the time I thought it was the dumbest looking thing ever. Lo and behold he quickly became one of my favourite sweepers thanks to stab normal/flying as well as great access to attack and speed stats. So far has definitely been my unexpected ingame train, and as thus Dodrio now has a spot reserved in my favourite Pokemon list.

The first time I played Gold as well (back over when I didn't have internet, lol how did I survive), I was fishing around with the Super Rod just for the sake of it, when I landed Chinchou. That too became one of those unexpected trains, although I only really used him in the latter part of the game. I thought Chinchou was super ugly but when he evolved he looked decent, and also to this day Lanturn is one of my favourites. :)

Anyway in 2002ish I had just downloaded Ruby onto my computer, I decided to play the game. I never referred to any walkthroughs, or online Pokedex (didn't knew they existed), and just played the game straight up. I caught an Electrike and decided to train it despite it being an eyesore, (I think mainly because I couldn't beat May and needed to buff up my team) and after I taught him Shockwave he quickly became my MVP, particularly during the numerous times I got lost in the ocean looking for Magma's hideout. I actually expected Manectric to evolve again, which is why I kept trying to level him up but eventually accepted he was his final form at level 50 or so. I haven't touched Manectric since, but to this day he remains the biggest Poke-bro I ever had (even despite me doing runs such as only train Charmander in FR...), and whenever he pops up I instantly remember the very first time I traversed Hoenn.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For me it must have been my pineco. It`s weird to train a pinecone. But now I have:

{forretress} lvl 76

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{zubat}

Although Zubat itself is pretty terrible Crobat is a beast.
Recently just faced BW2 Elite 4 with the team of Samurott lv 53, Lucario Lv 52, Crobat Lv 53, Zweilous Lv 50, Excadrill Lv 52, Eelektrik Lv 53. And coming onto the leader Crobat managed to beat Hydreigon with 12HP left then go on to beat Druddigon without losing a single bit of health.

So i say its a worthy award for training up a Zubat.

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CrazyRazey wrote:
{zubat}

Although Zubat itself is pretty terrible Crobat is a beast.
Recently just faced BW2 Elite 4 with the team of Samurott lv 53, Lucario Lv 52, Crobat Lv 53, Zweilous Lv 50, Excadrill Lv 52, Eelektrik Lv 53. And coming onto the leader Crobat managed to beat Hydreigon with 12HP left then go on to beat Druddigon without losing a single bit of health.

So i say its a worthy award for training up a Zubat.

I agree!
I have 2 shiny Crobat, one lvl100, and he's pratically invincible!
A great pokemon.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Wurmple. Now a Beautyfly. I raised it with my dear little mudkip in double battles.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]