Average 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 58

Do you like the new Pokemon? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Do you like them?
The starters, the legendary?

For now, I'd say average, since we got an awesome fire starter, a great little frog and an horrible grass starter. (My opinion)
I saw the legendary on the first page and I can say I like "the one who look like Stantler".

So what about you?

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

There are only five of them. It's hard to tell from that small sampling, but at least the cute, bipedal starter is the grass type now (Oshawott and Piplup looked really similar).

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
There are only five of them. It's hard to tell from that small sampling, but at least the cute, bipedal starter is the grass type now (Oshawott and Piplup looked really similar).

I know... it looks like they modified their designs since Gen 4...
I don't know... manga? (Instead of realistic-looking Pokemon.)
You can notice huge manga eyes on Pokemon on Gen 4 to 6

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

They are just fine. Each generation has Pokemon I think look fine and Pokemon that....not so much. @Mektar Oshawott and Piplup don't look very similar. One's a penguin, the other's an otter.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think they`re really cool. They seem to have been (yes I`m this lame) created with a sense of sophistication. The legendary`s seem very noble. Like they stand for something important.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
If anyone is having difficulties deciding if they like the Legendary Pokemon, here they are in print courtesy of Bulbapedia via Coro Coro Magazine...

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_leaks_with_official_art_of_X_and_Y_legendaries

P.S = Now I want Yveltal even more now then ever before...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Give me a high five, Lawence! Yveltal FTW!
From what I've seen, the new Pokemon are really good. Definitely better than Gen V's. When I first saw Reshiram and the starters, I was like... meh. But these ones look nice.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

From the art that CoroCoro leaked I have decided that I like Yveltal more than Xerneas.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yes, I quite like them!

Out of the three starters, Fennekin is my favorite, followed by Froakie and then Chespin. I guess I don't like Chespin as much because of the thing on its head; it feels more like an accessory than something that's naturally part of its physiology. Fennekin looks the most natural and Pokemonish to me, and I can't avoid thinking about Digimon when looking at Froakie (not that it's bad, though, it's just not "home").

As for the two legendaries, Xerneas is definetly my favorite, although I do quite like Yveltal as well. For a while I debated over the fact which one appealed to me the most, but finally decided for Xerneas, for being a huge fan of deer and regal things (might explain why I'm such a big fan of the Musketeer Trio). If this was a few years ago, I would've probably voted Yveltal because DRAGONS (and badass ones for that matter).

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:51 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I really like the new starters, especially Fennekin. Xerneas is by far my favourite out of the two legendaryies, so I'll get pokemon X.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

did you make that picture about Fennekin?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hate these new Pokémon. Game Freak have run out of ideas and are just giving us this BS :evil: . They might even be worse than that damn ice-cream excuse for a Pokémon :frustrated: . In fact, they should have given up after Gen1 :twisted:
[/purist]

*checks avatar and sig*
That's a lie, I hate Yveltal.

Last edited by DragoBoy on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragoBoy wrote:
I hate these new Pokémon. Game Freak have run out of ideas and are just giving us this BS :evil: . They might even be worse than that damn ice-cream excuse for a Pokémon :frustrated: . In fact, they should have given up after Gen1 :twisted:
[/purist]

*checks avatar and sig*

yay another purist! :D
The pokemon's design became crappy after 3rd Gen... (My opinion)

Ps. Have you been hacked? To suddenly change opinions on the Pokemon... what happened?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:47 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Dragoboy: Nostalgia much?

I actually like some of the new pokemon. I completely disagree with the people that say
Quote:
They should have ended with Gen 1.

Why? Some pokemon have bad designs get over it. The whole world doesn't revolve around you likening a pokemon or not. I for one actually like the 'FRESH SNOW' pokemon. (I know that's just a coverup) Its cute. Vannilite isn't that bad. In each Gen you get good pokemon with good design, and you get bad pokemon with bad designs. People cannot say Gen 1 was perfect. WTF was Muk anyway, sludge. Voltorb was an electrical ball. Porygon was basically Cyber stuff. Gen 1 was not perfect.

My actual response after my rant.

It's hard to tell when it comes to just appearance on whether you like certain pokemon or not. Chespin personally is my favourite so far. But then again. Snivy was my favourite last time. Now I hate him. So you don't really know. I do like all of the pokemon so far. But I don't really like Fenniken anywhere near as much. I think he will turn into the next Charmander where he will be overused way too much. Then again, I love CHARMANDER, but I've never used him. Chespin looks cute, and will get great moves. Froakie looks Eh, with great stats. Fenniken will hopefully be the first Middle of the choice starters.

Now to Yveltal, looks intimidating. Probably is intimidating. But does he have the moves, type and stats to back it up. That's a lot to put on one pokemon.
Xerneas. Where to start with him. Majestic. Looks grass type. Maybe Psychic type as well. May be the next Virizion. He looks a lot like him. Not much to say on the Legendaries, yet.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James86134 wrote:
Why? Some pokemon have bad designs get over it. The whole world doesn't revolve around you likening a pokemon or not.

Actually... most of them, more than 75%, have bad designs since 4th Gen...
I was actually excited when I first heard about a ghost/fire pokemon...
But then: Urgh!!!
It was just horrible, one of the worst fire type so far.

I don't know what happened to the Pokemon, but they have something... that completly ruin them.
Maybe too much little details, or exaggerated little details... or simply horrible design and ideas.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

And DragoBoy gets the award for best prank. Using sarcasm and unintenionally trolling people.
Congrats, DB.
Now, purists...

GETOFFTHISTHREADBEFOREIDESTROYYOUREVERFLEETINGCHILDHOODWITHAFEWCLICKS!!!

Goodbye
"

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:20 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

"Generation 1 had bad Pokemon too, even though the main way I can qualify this statement is to talk about how some of the Kanto Pokemon designs are basic" in response to people hating on new Pokemon is about as overdone and cliche as "I can't believe they made garbage bag Pokemon, that's so stupid and they're running out of ideas," IMO.

Anyway, Chespin and Fennekin: yes. Froakie, Yveltal and Xerveas: meh.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hey can we not be no life middle schoolers and complain about how new pokemon's designs suck? Also, don't refer to Gen IV as new. DP came out in 2006 in Japan and Gen IV pokemon started being revealed 2 years before that. Thank you. Let's keep our contributions intelligent and steer away from pointless banter we see on the internet too often. Not trying to sound rude but those types of comments have gotten old and they're not true. The sooner people accept this, the better: Pokemon is not declining; each generation has had its good and bad points. You're allowed to have your favorite region or generation but you can do that without making such annoying comments.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
Now, purists...
GETOFFTHISTHREADBEFOREIDESTROYYOUREVERFLEETINGCHILDHOODWITHAFEWCLICKS!!!

It's my thread o_O

But I was REALLY disappointed with Chandelure... but firered is still here. <3

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Chandelure? You mean an interesting pokemon with interesting type combo and movepool and good stats? Yeah it's completely dissapointing unlike Spearow or Ledyba...

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vaporterra wrote:
Chandelure? You mean an interesting pokemon with interesting type combo and movepool and good stats? Yeah it's completely dissapointing unlike Spearow or Ledyba...

Yep, disappointed.
For a Fire/Ghost, I expected something awesome.
But he looks weird...

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
vaporterra wrote:

Oh wow a chandelier. It's going to roast us alive. When I heard about a fire and ghost. I expected something more intimidating then a lamp. Spearow is an eagle. Have you ever had an eagle pecking at your eyes. Have you had your finger over a chandelier. Which is more painful? I suppose Ledyba is a ladybug. But it has good stats too.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DragoBoy wrote:
[/purist]

*checks avatar and sig*

^What's this guy's problem? There are loads of new and creative designs in the later gens, and Gen1 had its fair share of "bad" Pokémon. And what's wrong with Vanillish? So what, it's ice-cream get over it.
And Yveltal is awesome.

Samurott wrote:
And DragoBoy gets the award for best prank. Using sarcasm and unintenionally trolling people.
Congrats, DB.

*bows* thank you, thank you all! I would like to thank my friends, my family...

And now my actual reactions to the new Pokémon:
Chespin: pretty cool... thing. I think its meant to be a hedgehog.
Fennekin: yay! A non-fighting type fire starter (probably/hopefully), although I would still use it if it was a fighting type.
Froakie: Frog Pokémon in a French region. Are Froakie legs the new Slowpoke tails?
Xerneas: Majestic deer. Meh, looks cool, but doesn't really appeal to me.
Yveltal: I have the avatar and sig for a reason.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragoBoy wrote:
DragoBoy wrote:
[/purist]

*checks avatar and sig*

^What's this guy's problem? There are loads of new and creative designs in the later gens, and Gen1 had its fair share of "bad" Pokémon. And what's wrong with Vanillish? So what, it's ice-cream get over it.
And Yveltal is awesome.

I see what you did there.
Personally, I have much higher hopes than I did for Gen V pokemon.
And if I see one non-animal based pokemon, I will blame and scapegoat twist.

Goodbye
"

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:10 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

DragoBoy wrote:
I think its meant to be a Hedgehog.

It's supposed to be a chestnut. CHESpin. CHEStnut.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 225 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next