It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 X or Y? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, which will you get? X or Y? I intend to get both because I collect all of the pokemon games (Yes I`m just that cool). I would like to keep my collection up to date.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For financial reasons, I get only one. At least I have one of each release (barring FRLG, I have neither).
I'll probably get Y. I like its legebdary more. But who knows? Maybe when the games are revealed I'll change my mind.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If I get a 3DS, I'd get X! :)

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:35 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I'll probably get Y. That is if they don't have a global shortage. But I think I'll get one considering not too many people have a 3DS. So I'm happy.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Whichever actually has the bird like Legendary Pokemon as the fateful encounter...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

:D X :D From the second I saw it!

Has anyone else noticed it's in France?

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Double post merged. -FW

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I`m a hunter and I love deer, and the X Legendary seems to be some sort of bad*** deer. And It seems awesome. So although I shall obtain both games, X will be my favourite choice. Well, depending on game exclusives.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I plan on reserving both games and buying them on launch day. However, i will choose to play X and finish it before moving to Y

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

kesha140 wrote:
I plan on reserving both games and buying them on launch day. However, i will choose to play X and finish it before moving to Y

Your reasoning behind this? I can see how it would be in alphabetical order.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

It's too early to know, we don't know of any differences between the games right now. I think I'll base my decision on the exclusive Pokemon or content (lol yeah right) if there happens to be any. In the past I've picked the second version of every game except Ruby, only because my mom got our easter baskets mixed up, my brother got Sapphire that I asked for and I got Ruby. If I decide it isn't really worth basing my decision on content I'll just end up with Y.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Whenever I pick a game it's usually the version exclusive pokemon as a whole that get me interested as opposed to just the title legendaries. The exception would probably be Pearl because I really liked Palkia's typing. For example, in Heartgold I was strongly considering using Arcanine so that made me learn toward Heartgold. I have all the main series Gen III and IV games and between my brother and I we have all 4 of Gen V. So yeah I don't really have an opinion yet on which of those 2 games to get but this duo looks pretty cool nonetheless.
Also the fact that Gen V was also in the DS as opposed to the 3DS was to give people some time to get the Nintendo 3DS instead of having to rush into things. So if you don't have a 3DS yet, lucky for you now they're worth like $150-170 as opposed to the original $250 (if you want used, you could get it for $100). If you want to talk to me about your favorite 3DS games or have more questions about the 3DS send me a private message.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:22 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

King_Charizard wrote:
kesha140 wrote:

Your reasoning behind this? I can see how it would be in alphabetical order.

My reason is simply liking the deer legendary over the bird legendary, if they end up being in the games i think they will be in.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I usually get whichever is first (FR,D,HG etc.) but the moment I saw Yveltal my jaw dropped, and I thought: I have to get that Pokémon. I saw Xerneas and thought it looked pretty amazing, but it didn't leave me in awe like Yveltal did.
So I'll get whichever game Yveltal is in (probably Y).
If I have enough money though, I might buy both.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DragoBoy wrote:
I usually get whichever is first (FR,D,HG etc.) but the moment I saw Yveltal my jaw dropped, and I thought: I have to get that Pokémon. I saw Xerneas and thought it looked pretty amazing, but it didn't leave me in awe like Yveltal did.
So I'll get whichever game Yveltal is in (probably Y).
If I have enough money though, I might buy both.

I didn't think Yveltal was all that hot. Xerneas was all majestic and stuff, meaning awesome to me.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

lol if it wasn't for Black and White, everyone would be pretty sure Xerneas was X and Yveltal was Y. Now because of Black and White, people aren't 100% sure it's kinda funny.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm getting both and i hope to have another 3ds by then.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:49 pm
Profile YIM
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Don't mean to offend you or anything...

BUT

Cue :foreveralone:

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yveltal is pretty amazing but Xerneas, to me,is just awesome so which ever game has Xerneas is the one I'm getting.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

IF I get a 3DS (which will hopefully be soon) then I will probably get Y, atleast at first, I might get X later, but Y has a cooler looking legendary. I might change my mind after launch, but for what I know now, definently Y!

ImageThe time has come to speak of other things, of shoes and ships and ceiling wax and cabages and kings! And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings! Kalue kalae no work today! We're cabbages and kings! Credit to Dragoboy for the AWESOME sig.!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Getter both for sure since I've always gotten every version, but playing the one I can get Yveltal in, he just looks like pure awesome in a ball.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A few things will influence my choice:

1) The mascots. Yveltal is a dark-flying, dragon-looking dude, whereas Xerneas is a fairy dear. One point to Y, which presumably is the one in which you'd find Yveltal.

2) Mega Charizard X. If this were any other company, I would assume MC-X would be found in X. But Blue/LeafGreen had more fire types than Red/FireRed, so logic doesn't always rule with these guys. But assuming MC-X is in X, there's a point for X. Score: Y-1, X-1.

3) Fire types. Whichever has more fire types is the one I'll get. This takes precedence over the other two criteria, so if one has more fire types than the other, I'll get that one.

Final score: TIE. But I'm leaning more toward Y. Yes, MC-X is awesome looking, but you only use it in battle, so there'd be no point in having that be the decider. I usually use the mascot in my team (assuming you get it before the Elite 4), so I'd want Yveltal there over Xerneas.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think Y better than X in some aspect:
- the Dark typpe is more than fairy
- mega Pokemon in Y is good

but it has only one weakness:
- the Mega Charizard Y and Mega Mewtwo Y is a little suck in forms

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Charphlokenapoar wrote:
A few things will influence my choice:

1) The mascots. Yveltal is a dark-flying, dragon-looking dude, ...

LMAO - When I first glanced at this, I read "A few things will influence my choice: 1) The NARCOTICS." :shock: :lol:

That definitely needed a re-read!

I pre-ordered both X and Y, just because I really enjoy playing them both through. Have been doing this since HG & SS. Have beat all of them except W2, which I still need to go back and catch the fused-dna-dragon-legendary-thing.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Last edited by BarnOwl on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm getting Y for Christmas I hope. Partially because my sisters both want X, and might end up sharing due to this, and also because I like Yveltal. Plus, I like Charizard Y better. :)

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

For me, the real difference came down to Charizard X or Y and Mewtwo X or Y. I don't really care enough about Xeneas or Yveltal, because I don't normally use the mascots. At least, I haven't since Ruby…

I do not like Mewtwo X, and I do want to train Mewtwo Y. I like both of the Charizard forms, but initially wanted to train Charizard Y.

Why I chose to play X instead? I have no idea. All up until I got the games, I was planning on Y. I still don't have a solid explanation, aside from deciding that I don't play Ubers, and Mewtwo would be too far into the game for me to use on my play through team, and then I decided, for whatever reason that I can't remember right now, that I would rather use the cave dwelling dragon, than the one who would benefit my team meteorologically when Megazard wasn't killing everything with fire.

Nope, can't remember at all, and I dropped the cave dweller at level fifty, anyway.

But blue is one of my favorite colors…

…this is what I get for making my decisions late at night, and then following through in the morning. Ah well. I'll just Nuzlocke my way to Mewtwoite Y.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next