Which starter will you choose?
Chespin 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
Fennekin 57%  57%  [ 29 ]
Froakie 25%  25%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 51

Which starter will you choose? 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

It may be a bit early to make a decision since all we know is their names and how they look but based on your first impression, which starter are you thinking of using? I'm partial to water types and frogs so I really like Froakie but I haven't used a Fire starter in so long that I may choose Fennekin.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:47 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I'm choosing the Fire Starter, gives off a fox vibe & looks the most elegant of the 3...

Chespin seems like it will be Torterra's typing which is meh & Froakie looks more interesting then the Chespin but I like Fennekin most as is so...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I like foxes. Besides, the last time I picked fire was in HG, but I got a Relaxed Cyndaquil so... meh.
So, Fennekin.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Fennekin all the way. Fire is my favorite type and to me it is just so darned cute.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I should change my username to the final evolution of Froakie... If I actually get the game.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Fennekin. I like the looks of him the most. I'm hoping for a big bad wolf Final evolution. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
NOT BE FIGHTING! Its a new gen on a new system, gives us Psychic!...Heck id be happy with just plain fire!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:07 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Based on the 1st stages alone I think Fennekin is the general favorite, and from what we've been shown I'd have to agree. I'm interested to see the further evolutions though, particularly Froakie. I hope he goes more in a Politoed direction and not so much a Seismitoad. If I had the game in front of me right now, I'd probably gamble it and choose him.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I avoid them all these days. Too unoriginal. I prefer to use other Pokemon. But when I hatched a shiny Tepig in Black 2, I just had to train it!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
I should change my username to the final evolution of Froakie... If I actually get the game.

If that's the case, then I would change mine to crazedchespin. If we could change usernames, or course.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It looks like we all gonna get Fennekin!
I'd take this one too.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:37 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I am probably going to pick Fennekin but not because of its typing or what it's based on. I simply like it because it's the first cute, girly Starter since Chikorita and it's about time they made another one. However if I decide not to go with Fennekin, my second choice would be Chespin because it's also cute and I wanted to pick the Grass Starter the most in Generation VI before they were revealed so that I would have picked two of each Starter type as my first over the years. Froakie is.... meh.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It doesn't matter I'll end up using them all on at least one occassion. Though I have yet to use Tepig as a starter pokemon

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:06 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I'm probably going to choose Chespin. In Firered I chose water. SS I chose fire. Emerald, I chose Fire. Platinum I chose grass. In white I chose Water. So I think it's time for a grass type. Please don't be a massive rushed rip off of turtwig. Crossed finger

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hmm... I've been thinking a lot about Chespin lately, and trying to think about what it's final form, if it has a double type, would be. Grass/Fighting would be nice, even if it would have weaknesses to both of Fenniken's types (Fire/Psychic as is generally believed at the moment). It could be Grass/Ground, but we've already had that in Torterra, and I'd rather not see that again, as much as I love the Turtwig line.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:28 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I am seriously anticipating Froakie's later evolution stages as it gives off the more positive vibe in that regard atm. Chespin gives off the worse vibe in this regard & in the trailer I saw something that made it worse, please don't be a Grass/Ground Type as there just isn't reasonable support for the type. Fennekin I like the most in their current stages but I am not getting a good vibe as to what it will evolve to. I want it to either be on 4 legs at the end of it's chain or be on 2 legs & maintain it's elegance, otherwise I am going to look at it as I did Zoroark at first & most likely never come to like it like I did in Zoroark's case. Oh & I know it could end up not being a fox but until further notice, that's what I am labeling it as by assumption.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:
Samurott wrote:

If that's the case, then I would change mine to crazedchespin. If we could change usernames, or course.

Yeah, that way we can bring our flame wars to the new generation!

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Fennekin, because its way too cute. And I happen to like fire types.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I normaly don't choose the fire starter but :roll: Fennekin is so cute and hopefully has good typing

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Fire fox isn't really very original in design, but still looks the best on first form alone to me. Though I usually make my decision after I've seen their final forms. Probably just do what I usually do and use both versions to trade over all 3 starters to one game and just use them all.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:53 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
A fire fox, although quite similar to Vulpix and Flareon. Froakie is the most unoriginal with many types of frogs already, most of which blue.

Polliwag, Poliwhirl, Politoed, Poliwrath, Tympole, Palpitoad, Siesmotoad, Froakie and probably it evolutions are all frogs. I'm pretty sure that there's more frogs.. Not sure though. I usually go with the starter that I have no idea what it was based off of at first. I.e Chespin, Oshawott, Treecko, Turtwig ( I knew it was a turtle, but I needed to choose one of them), Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil.

I like unique pokemon. I can't wait to see Chespin's final design. I'm thinking maybe a grass type Excadrill with large, sharp claws. Hope its not like Treecko (that was a disappointing starter).

Just my $0.02

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

But at least Froakie looks different (for now). Never thought about it much but I just relized the first time I play each gen I've always picked the fire starter regardless, though I end up using the water starters more in the end. Totodile is still my favorite starter, freakin cute and powerful.

granted a chestnut hedgehog does sound interesting at least.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I always choose the fire starter, and this gen will be no exception. Fire/Psychic is what I'm hoping that it'll be, but if it's fire/fighting (again) I'll still get it.
Chespin is a close second though.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:35 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Fire/Psychic isn't that good. It has as a weakness, Water, Ground, Rock, Dark, Ghost, Bug
Water/Fighting Weaknesses: Psychic, Ghost, Grass, Electric, Flying
Grass/Dark Weakness: Fighting, Bug, Flying, Fire,
If the speculation, this should be the weaknesses for the final evos.
Now if Fenniken is another Fire/Fighting:

Fire and Fighting: Flying, Water, Ground, Rock, Psychic, Ghost
Fire/Fighting and Fire/Psychic has the most weakness, which means it has the worst type distribution.
Froakie has it second with Water/Fighting. Still 5 weaknesses.

And Chespin with the awesome power he has has only 4 weaknesses (I think. Error on my part if I'm wrong).

HE IS THE BEST. WITH THOSE SHARP CLAWS, THAT FUZZY LITTLE HAT, THAT CUTE LITTLE BELLY, AND THAT CUTE WITTLE FACE. HE IS EPICNESS. SMEXY, SMEXY, SMEEEEEEXXXXYYYYYY EPICNESS.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

James86134 wrote:
Grass/Dark Weakness: Fighting, Bug, Flying, Fire,

And Chespin with the awesome power he has has only 4 weaknesses (I think. Error on my part if I'm wrong).

You missed an Ice weakness.

I'll probably end up going with Froakie or Chespin. Fire type starters have never been my first choice with the exception of Cyndaquil. I have to look at final evos and their typing first though.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Would be nice to have some variety instead of the usual pure water, fire/fighting, pure grass.

Though looking back, water does vary a bit with ground and steel, so really it's just Fire that needs an overhaul.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next