It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Big News: Gen VI Announced! 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I'm pretty sure Fennekin is not using a psychic attack but is being hit by Kirlia's attack in the video.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm not certain. The camera shows Fennikin, then Kirlia, and then changes. If it was Kirlia's attack, wouldn't it show Kirlia first?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

It could be a new style of battle animations. It just seems more plausible that the psychic Pokemon (well, the one we know for certain is psychic) was doing the psychic attack.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I won't disagree on that. We'll see for sure when the evos are revealed.
Edit: Just saw the video again. It appears that the Psychic power starts from Fennekin, and also Kirlia winces slightly. I think it's Fennekin who attacks.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Are you happy now, Chill? Approx. 20 posts in the course of 12 hours. Psypoke isn't dead.
Anyway, is this game only for 3DS? Why? I just got a PS3, and I'm getting an iPhone and planning on a MacBook sometime later this year. I haven't even gotten to playing B2W2 yet, let alone buying one. And now I have to invest in a 3DS because Nintendo sees a major oppurtunity to capialize on profits?
Let me do the math...
If I actually decide to cave and buy a 3DS just to play X or Y, I would've spent about $1500 to 2500 just to feed my gaming addiction, and another $3000 to 4000 added on for everything else, just to live somewhat happily and peacefully for awhile, by the end of 2013. Two things I just learned:
1. Growing up sucks.
2. I'm not getting any 6th gen game, simply because I wouldn't be able to afford it.
Great job with alienating gamers, Nintendo.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Of course I'm happy! I'm over the moon!
As I said, it's probably 3DS only. But it's not like Nintendo is alienating gamers. The DS is 8 years old. They can't stay in it forever.
The 3DS is growing in popularity, and a new Pokemon game would help its sells. Nintendo simply does business.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well that kinda ruins my vibe. And that sucks. I didn't have any violent thoughts today, which is great, since I usually have at least five or six on a good day.
*sigh* Time to go get a 3DS. Wait, I got $350 in the bank. Anyone know how much a 3DS will go for today?

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, here it costs around 150-200€. In dollars it should be 220-250$ I think. Nonetheless, 350$ are enough. If they offer you a 3DS that expensive, don't buy it.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
1. Growing up sucks.

Totally agree...
Well, I'm kinda happy that the gameplay cross all areas (40 gyms ZOMG!!!)
But I can't afford this game, since I don't have a 3DS...

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I believe this sums up my basic reaction to the new games.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:54 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Going to aimlessly ramble a bit, as I tend to do with these things.

On looks alone, my rankings are Fennekin > Chespin > Froakie, though I do like all of them. Fennekin made me make un-manly noises when I first saw it. Chespin is also cute but not quite as much as Fennekin.

Froakie has the best potential for bro-ness depending on its learnset and evolutions. I'm hoping its final evolution is an old sage with white hair and a bubble beard...possibly with a walking stick. That would probably lock it up as my starter of choice.

Deer-with-legswords is my favorite of the two Legendaries. At least neither of them are Spacechicken McFurbits.

Also it seems certain that France (or at least Paris) is the inspiration for the new region. The starters all represent things associated with France (chestnuts, frogs, Fennec foxes). The big city looked a lot like stereotypical Parisian architecture/design.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
Are you happy now, Chill? Approx. 20 posts in the course of 12 hours. Psypoke isn't dead.
Anyway, is this game only for 3DS? Why? I just got a PS3, and I'm getting an iPhone and planning on a MacBook sometime later this year. I haven't even gotten to playing B2W2 yet, let alone buying one. And now I have to invest in a 3DS because Nintendo sees a major oppurtunity to capialize on profits?
Let me do the math...
If I actually decide to cave and buy a 3DS just to play X or Y, I would've spent about $1500 to 2500 just to feed my gaming addiction, and another $3000 to 4000 added on for everything else, just to live somewhat happily and peacefully for awhile, by the end of 2013. Two things I just learned:
1. Growing up sucks.
2. I'm not getting any 6th gen game, simply because I wouldn't be able to afford it.
Great job with alienating gamers, Nintendo.

Ummm, yeahhh, how dare Nintendo develop new technology to enhance their games and then actually use it. :roll: Would you be complaining or would you like it if PS games were all only compatible with PS1, so as to not alienate gamers? Seriously.

Personally I think the games look amazing, and I love anything Parisian, but I'm not going to buy them. I don't have a 3DS and never even finished Black 2 (I might still finish it, who knows), so it'd be a huge waste of money. I got Black 2 in French and it was really cool; maybe if I get X/Y in French it'd add to the whole experience. 8-)

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Cherrygrove wrote:
twistedturtwig wrote:
Let's just pray that Fenniken's final evolution isn't Fire/Fighting.

Can you imagine the outrage? It would be hilarious.

I would be down on my knees applauding GameFreak for basically telling everyone to eff off. And then I'd pick Fennekin for sure. Although making Chespin and Froakie's final evolutions part Fighting and Fennekin's pure Fire to be ironic would be an acceptable substitute.

Also I can't even believe that people are SHOCKED that these games are on the 3DS. The 3DS is the newest system, GameFreak has had the development kits for it since 2010, and to be perfectly honest, DS players were lucky that they gave us two Generations on the DS, which is now dead system considering the 3DS is already two years old and will be going on three by the time XY comes out.

Also, Fennekin > Chespin > Froakie > Legendary X > Legendary Y.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Patchy wrote:
Personally I think the games look amazing, and I love anything Parisian, but I'm not going to buy them. I don't have a 3DS and never even finished Black 2 (I might still finish it, who knows), so it'd be a huge waste of money. I got Black 2 in French and it was really cool; maybe if I get X/Y in French it'd add to the whole experience. 8-)

Well, I certainly know if I did that, my French teacher would be happy with me. Who knows, maybe I could convince her to add it into the curriculum. :lol:

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I wonder what went through their minds for them to say. "Hey let's just randomly create a bunch of rushed Blaziken rip offs with the same typing. It will be fun." At this point I dint care if Fenniken is Fire/Psychic. Hell just plain fire will do me.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Even though Infernape and Emboar are based on totally different animals with totally different physiologies and artistic inspirations than Blaziken is...

Also, Virizion is a Breloom ripoff because they have the same typing.

I kind of want Fennekin's final evolution to be Fire/Fighting and Froakie and Chespin's to be pure Water and Grass, respectively, so that everybody can ignore, once again, that it's the fourth time they'd be using pure Grass and pure Water for the Starters' final evolutions in favor of throwing a fit over Fire/Fighting being used the same number of times. You know, kind of like what happened with Serperior/Samurott and Emboar. And no, I don't care that it's "different" because Fire/Fighting is a dual-type and that somehow makes it worse to repeat it. They also made the conscious decision not to give Serperior and Samurott a second type, so I don't know why they get a pass but Emboar doesn't.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Yeah, I don't think I could stomach any one of the starters this Gen not being dual typed at the end of their evolution cycle. Most of the starters in their current stages actually scream eventual second typing along the line...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ryanh181 wrote:
DragoBoy wrote:
Is the new region based on France? :shock:
And at the start of the trailer, Pikachu is on top of the Eiffel Tower.

I'm like, PRETTY sure that's a monument in Japan. Definitely NOT the Eiffel Tower. All of the pokemon regions were based on places in/near Japan, right?

um....... Unova was based off of New York City....just to point that out. The routes have also gone back to starting from 1 again. the trainer was seen on route three in the trailer. the new region is probably far away from both the first four regions and Unova, so the routes now are going to start over again..... just a theory

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1 week later I still dunno how I feel about Gen 6 yet.
Probably because I'll probably never get a chance to play it (unless they make the games Iphone compatible :roll: Dont really want to shell out 300 odd just to check out the games)
Starters are alright, I am kind of neutral towards them, but I do think its great that we finally get a simultaneous release (I still call Tepig Pokabu and Oshawott Wotter...) Kind of makes exploring in Pokemon kind of viable again, no more knowing everything due to the Jap release. I do hope Fennekin's 3rd stage isn't Fire/Fighting though, just think it would be a backwards step, (however I don't care if he's mono Fire). Part of me (5%) would probably think it would be funny if he did happen to be Fire/Fighting but the rest of me would be really disappointed that GF doesn't really care about their fans that theyd stick it to us like that.
Despite this though I don't really care what the typings are, I just want to like the final forms, so I hope I'm not disappointed. (I didn't like any of the final forms in 5th gen nor 4th gen). We're not going to find out until a week before the games are officially released anyhoo so a long few months of speculation to come.
I hope the region is less linear w/ more opportunities to explore and that the wild encounter rate is cut down by a LOT (would make hunting for Pokemon more fun and not a chore like Gen5).
The 3D format to me is a bit weird, seeing as Pokemon to me has always been a 2d overworld environment, but I think the battle sequences look exciting.
So yeah from what Ive seen so far.. not excited but not dreading it either just feel.... old I guess that I'm not as excited as I was when Gen 5 was announced.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:13 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@DrgaonPhoenix you were probably more excited about Generation 5 because it didn't mean having to buy a 3DS right as it was being launched at a price of $250. You've been given an extra 2 years to save up and now you can get a 3DS for $80-100 off in most stores. A used one probably goes for $100 so you could end up spending less than half of the price you were initially fearing. Plus there's always Birthdays

Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah I know that 3DS's can be quite cheap nowadays (used) but it still doesnt justify me getting a whole new console for a game I'll only play once through, if that. I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just lamenting the fact that I'll probably never get a chance to play the game because I am getting older and I am getting less free time to myself. It's just... not a priority for me anymore. Thanks anyway for trying to provide me with options but it was more a personal kinda rant w/in re: my reactions to the announcement 8-)

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm actually pretty hyped for these.

A new traditional style Pokemon game in 3D? Finally! Sign me up! I held off on BW2, and now I'm kinda glad I feel like I can skip out on them entirely.

Timing is hilarious too for me, I like to do a thing with my very young nephews/nieces where I buy them a really good game, just above their reading level, so they're forced to learn to read faster in order to enjoy it.
So I JUST got my youngest nephew a copy of Pokemon Platinum over Christmas, and then I see this trailer and have to e-mail it to his mom immediately for them to watch together, then they ring me on my phone.

Him: "OMIGOD this looks really, good, when can I get it?"
Me: "It's not coming out till October kid. That's ages away"
Him: "How many days is October?"
Me: "Hundreds. Don't worry though, it gives you time to ask Santa for a 3DS!"
Him: *squeals of glee*

Haha, it's always going to be someone's first generation of Pokemon :D

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2