It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Too Soon but still welcomed 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

By the time October 2013 comes around, Generation V would have only lasted for 3 years. That's dissapointing because generation V was so much fun and I wanted to do more competitive battling and there was still a lot of things I still need to do in Generation V. I suppose I still have time until then but I find myself having less and less time to play video games. And I remember when I bought each of my Generation IV main series pokemon games like it was yesterday. This is all going by so fast. Generation VI will come out in the beginning of my first year in college....at this rate can we except Generation XII 2 years afterwards?

This is just my first impression, I'll get over my nostalgia hopefully by the time those games come out

These are the changes that I think need to be made:
-Pokemon walking behind you again
-Customizable Pokemon Trainers like in Pokemon Battle Revolution
-include at least a couple evolutions and pre-evolutions of old pokemon, especially Generation V.
-Trips to another region would be nice.
-This probably won't happen but if we could have all pokemon available before the start of the game (meaning the regional pokedex is the same thing as the national pokedex, even if it comes with a different numbering system like with Johto) that would be great. If not at least a regional pokedex with the same amount of pokemon as B2W2
-Like with Johto, maybe have a villainous team make a comeback. Perhaps Rocket or Galactic. I think Aqua/Magma and Plasma's storylines have reached their maximum.
-Have a PWT with gym leaders from all the past games.
-The stadium game should be more like Pokemon Stadium where you can use rental pokemon (all species being available and maybe you can choose their movesets after completing most of the game) and minigames and a gym leader castle
-A DARK TYPE GYM LEADER! PLEASE!
-Bring back Pokemon Contests, Pokestar Studios, VS Seeker, and/or Pokeathlon
-Regular trading between Generation V and VI (can go both ways but with obvious rules like no trading Gen VI pokemon or pokemon with Gen VI moves/items/abilities?)

So yeah obviously gamefreak isn't planning on listening to what I have to say and many of these probably won't happen but I can dream can't I? Let me know what you guys think.

follow me on twitter @vaporterra

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:03 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
A DARK TYPE GYM LEADER NEEDS TO BE IN IT. Also DON'T HAVE A DRAGON PERSON IN THE ELITE 4. 5 generations of the games having a dragon leader or elite 4 is just unnecessary. There's 17 types! You only need 12!

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Good riddance to generation 5, seriously.

Here's to hoping Generation 6 is more fun.

James86134 wrote:
A DARK TYPE GYM LEADER NEEDS TO BE IN IT. Also DON'T HAVE A DRAGON PERSON IN THE ELITE 4. 5 generations of the games having a dragon leader or elite 4 is just unnecessary. There's 17 types! You only need 12!

Generation 4 didn't have any Dragon leaders or elites, and generation 2 didn't have any Dragon elites.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Must have skipped over gen 4 and 2. In my little rant there I meant each region not the generations. Yes good riddance. Lets hope gen 6 doesn't have another ice cream pokemon. Maybe they'll come up with a paddle pop pokemon? :o

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp wrote:
Good riddance to generation 5, seriously.

Haters gonna hate.

But seriously. Give me back my dang VS Seeker. Killing endless Audinos isn't nearly as fun.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:14 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Meh, I say good riddance as well. Gen 5 has been here long enough imo, the couple to few years it was the latest Generation was more then enough time for me to soak in the joys of the Generation. I honestly am glad Gen 6 is coming sooner cause Pokemon Black & White 2 was ended up simply being a literal sequel story wise for the Pokemon Black & White story & I was honestly not interested in such a thing anyway. Only thing I am disappointed or would be disappointed in anyway from the Gen 5 era would be the lack of a remake release(RSE remake) & at the end of the day, 2 dual game releases is enough, I don't even want the remakes for various reasons yet. Here's to Gen 6 hopefully being more fun in general & giving us things worthy of side activities :violin: IF...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@Lawrence I'm guessing you're not a fan of Super Contests/PokeStar Studios/Musical lol. Pokeathlon was better than all of those. If they could bring that back that would be awesome.
@Krisp well they gave more time to Generation III and IV but then again maybe it's because they're not doing remakes this generation. That'll be interesting for if they make R/S remakes after X/Y because then there will be double the generations of pokemon than there were in the original games.
@twistedturtwig I know it's been a 4 year hiatus for vs seeker (latest appearance Pokemon Platinum) but at least in Gen V there's a lot of rebattlable trainers (athletes, Elite 4/Alder, Cheren, Bianca, Gamefreak, Cynthia, Striaton Gym, Colress)

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

The Pokeathlon was not really there either as it seemed rushed even considering all it had to offer. I want something that after I try everything doesn't die on me interest wise & in Pokemon there has been nothing like that except maybe certain parts of the Battle Frontier though that is post story line which is too far ahead for me...

The Contests didn't have enough variety, the Pokeathlon had alot more quantity then quality impo & the Battle Facilities were either more of a single solution shenanigan or simply a unique form of lottery in both cases being more frustrating then fun. The Pokemon Musical was not even interesting enough for me to try once as I felt it was too similar to contests, just with better graphics & presentation & lastly, the film studio thing in BW2 or whatever it was just wasn't something I wanted to really try again after a week. Gen VI being on the 3DS though gets my hopes up that it will be diverse in enriching side activities, hopefully...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh, wow, Krisp is alive?
I kid, I kid.
Gen V was amazing in my eyes, but if they are seriously planning on doing, like, a whole 'wiping the slate clean' thing, they MUST ACTUALLY DO IT! Generation V (while being awesome in a few ways) failed to accomplish this!

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, competitive play in Gen V was something. Battles in general were. But for the other aspects, I backup Krisp. Good riddance (except in case of backward compatibility).

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For the love of all that is good, DONT BRING BACK POKESTAR OR ANYTHING ELSE LIKE THAT.... Ok maybe contests from gen 3, that I can handle and actually enjoyed. BUT ANYTHING ELSE, NO, JUST NO.

The Vs Seeker NEEEDS to come back. Seriously, the only trainers that you can battle again and again are at the stadiums, the model at the ferris wheel ,and the E4 and the champion.

THE PC ITEM STORAGE. Seriously. I don't need to carry around EVERYTHING. Its not good for the back or shoulders.

Dark type gym would be nice.

Anything else in my thread on my own generation. Figured Id just say that then go on a massive rant. Your welcome.

I do agree it is a little too soon, Considering I just got mine for X-mas. But still, I am excited. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go find the Tardis and go to October.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

I'm still a bit baffled so many people got Black and White 2. I never bothered and was instead saving for Super Smash Bros Brawl. But don't just bring the contests, I have my own idea of a tournament in one city that you can do over again. Also the pokeathlon could be exceptional if they changed it around a bit. Yes the Vs Seeker may be able to foe you lots of exp by continuously getting the trainers to battle you again. But it gets a little bit of repetivness after a while, kind of making the game boring to pwn the same pokemon with the same pokemon with the same moves in the same area with the same trainer. But I agree training is harder without it.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

The mentioning of not wanting to carry everything around I thought was slightly remedied in BW2 as you had a pocket called free space which you could move things to but yeah if that was limited then I would much prefer them to bring back the item storage feature via PC as going through many things you just won't be using to get to something you want to use at any moment has been a pain in recent Generations...

The mentioning of the VS Seeker I see wasn't remedied properly via 5th Gen's change in exp distribution so yeah, either make trainers naturally rematch-able at will maybe once a day in general & I mean any of them or bringing the VS Seeker back is most likely the best thing...

Also, I honestly would like if the Pokétch from Gen 4 returned but with more actually useful things included in place of the more useless stuff that was present Gen 4. The VS Seeker could be a part of it among other things...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Since there will probably be competitive play, the Vs. Seeker will prove really helpful. Besides, every training method is consisted of repetition and is boring. What can you do...
Oh, and the PokeNav was Gen III, not IV.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

ChillBill wrote:
Since there will probably be competitive play, the Vs. Seeker will prove really helpful. Besides, every training method is consisted of repetition and is boring. What can you do...
Oh, and the PokeNav was Gen III, not IV.

Right right...Gen IV was the Pokétch, been playing Emerald a bit too much recently I see...

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To be honest, I like the idea of the unlimited room in the backpack. I don't like having to trek back everytime I need extra space. Just like when they had it where you had to change the box in order to catch more pokemon. You'd see a shiny, a favorite, or a rare pokemon and go to catch it, and see the horrible Box full! message, then yell a hearty FFUUUU--

Goodbye
"

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@Samurott What do you mean Gen V "failed to wipe the slate clean?". Also I hated when I had to change the box but as my first games were Gen III and I never owned (only borrowed) games from previous generations, I don't think I ever felt pain like that before.
@GofD I don't see why the PC item storage needs to go. It's nice to have everything with you at all times. And sometimes it may be a pain to find something that is in the last few letters of the alphabet or however your bag might be organized in Gen V, but at least now there's a free space area which I find really helpful.
@James Super Smash Bros Brawl came out almost 5 years ago. How come you're saving but for that? And VS Seeker training could get repetitive but it could also give you more options so that way you don't have to go to only a few specific places for battling, you can go wherever. If you remember in Pokemon Emerald how the pokenav would let you know when Gym Leaders want to battle you, I wouldn't mind seeing that again unless it would, for some reason, take away from them appearing in PWT (if PWT comes back).

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:46 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

vaporterra wrote:
@James Super Smash Bros Brawl came out almost 5 years ago. How come you're saving but for that? And VS Seeker training could get repetitive but it could also give you more options so that way you don't have to go to only a few specific places for battling, you can go wherever. If you remember in Pokemon Emerald how the pokenav would let you know when Gym Leaders want to battle you, I wouldn't mind seeing that again unless it would, for some reason, take away from them appearing in PWT (if PWT comes back).

How is it really any of your business what I buy and when? I never got Emerald. So many talk about it being the best generation and region. I never had the pleasure of owning as I didn't have a gameboy Advanced (yes I know that the ds lite could hold GBA games.). I started at DSI and got the 3DS later. Hoenn is still a mystery to me.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
Right right...Gen IV was the Pokétch, been playing Emerald a bit too much recently I see...

Not exactly. But I count 800 hrs of play time in Emerald. I remember a lot of things.
Still, some aspects of Emerald need to come back. Too bad you've never played it, James. You miss great fun.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:17 am
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

I was going to get it but I like to decide what my pokemon team will be even before I get the game. I know part of the challenge is getting the game and starting from there but I might get it. Just found someone selling a GBA and Emerald on EBay for $22. Worth it? (I know off topic. Sue me.)

EDIT: the only damage done to the GBA is a small water smudge in the top right corner.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DS's are obsolete, but still can be used for GBA games. Why waste money?

Goodbye
"

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:35 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

James86134 wrote:
I was going to get it but I like to decide what my pokemon team will be even before I get the game. I know part of the challenge is getting the game and starting from there but I might get it. Just found someone selling a GBA and Emerald on EBay for $22. Worth it? (I know off topic. Sue me.)

EDIT: the only damage done to the GBA is a small water smudge in the top right corner.

Don't buy Emerald online. Please trust me on this. Go through my post here to find out why. This post is totally offtopic and irrelevant but I'd hate to someone else get suckered into buying a counterfeit game that is NOT worth it. Also don't get a DS for playing the GBA games, get a GBA. You can't trade via DS and generation 3 is quite cruel when it comes to getting Pokemon from other generations without trading.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@james my apologies I didn't mean to upset you. It's just that every I know who loves SSBB got it within a year of its release so that's why it was a bit of a shock to me. I'd say $22 for a GBA (even with the smudge) is worth it. I hope you do find Emerald because it's a really good game and it sort of addresses R/S's problem with having not nearly enough to do after the Elite 4. I don't really try planning too much what my team is ahead of time because to me that spoils some of the fun to over think those things but if you like doing that, go ahead
@Krisp I agree I don't like playing Pokemon online. Yugioh on the other hand is great online because I don't have the time or money to get strong cards especially with the way that game has gone in the last few years, but I digress.

Also speaking of Hoenn, I wouldn't mind seeing the Trick House again in Gen VI and also do you remember secret bases? It would be cool that if you battle someone online and you have them on your pal pad, you can go to some special location and battle that trainer with their most recent team because that could be great training if their pokemon are high levels.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Secret Bases, oh yeah. That's something that needs to make a comeback.
Oh, and I think what Krisp meant was "Don't buy Emerald from an online shop, there's a high chance you'll get a fake one."

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

ChillBill wrote:
Not exactly. But I count 800 hrs of play time in Emerald. I remember a lot of things.

:lol: For christ sake, I meant that "in my case" as in "I have been playing Emerald a bit too much recently"...

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next