It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Expectations from Gen VI 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Looks like the first topic here is mine! So, from what you saw and heard, what do you expect from Pokemon X and Y? I'm sure everyone has thoughts on that!

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:44 am
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Looks like the first post is mine! I want to know what the region is called and how to make a time machine so I can travel to October and buy the game! But seriously the name of the region would be good. As well as the new pokemon. I'm hoping for something like four evo pokemon and maybe three type pokemon. Maybe a bit over the top tho. They need to change it from gen 6 to X and Y

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm very excited about it and expect it to be everything that BW(2) wasn't. It has the potential and also the fire starter is SUPER cute!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I hope they don't mess around too much with the battle mechanics again. I hope they will remain the same mechanics like now to avoid further confusion and to retain the sense of originality of Pokemon. As for the graphics improvement and new camera view, I'd welcome that happily.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I'm expecting from what I saw anyway...

1. Some customization for trainers' appearance
2. Better side activities then ever before (side activities refer to like pokemon contests, etc.)
3. Ability to have pokemon follow you around (even though I didn't see this, I am hoping for it as always)
4. For the legendaries I saw to at least be Water Type(X) & Fire Type(Y) respectively
5. For the starter pokemon second typing to be Ground(Grass), Psychic(Fire) & Ice(Water) though I hope different somewhat
6. That the 3DS will be able to take something like screenshots as you play (didn't see it, hope for it cause of 3DS)
7. Lastly, that there will be a evolution in the online play (something like seeing other trainers in real time, or, something else)

P.S. ~ (though it is unlikely) I really hope the Fire Starter is a more defensive variant this time around as we have to date "never" had such a thing yet & it's 6th Gen for christ sake...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

There better be a DS edition. Otherwise, I don't really care for Gen VI.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This will be strictly for the 3DS I'm afraid.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My expectations:

A new type - Preferably something like LIGHT

Type Chart Change - I'd like to see some changes in the type advantages ex: Ice should hurt water super effective or normal effective, because using Ice Beam on water would solidify it, right? Poison should hurt water too, but of course I wouldn't want it to get out of hand.

New Eevee Evolution - Maybe even a Normal type evolution; or any other interesting types... Dragon would be really cool.

Interesting type mixes - I'd love to see types like: Fire/Ice or any other very strange mixes

Revamp stats - Much like they did from Gen 3 to now; I'd like to see an overhaul in all the stats, maybe even change some pokemon stats completely; maybe make Pichu almost as powerful as Pikachu, and Pikachu almost as powerful as Raichu, making it to where Raichu would be a very good Pokemon.

No Backwards compatability - I'd love there to be a clean slate from here on out, mainly because of the hacking; but also because I think Nintendo could do a better job at keeping everything organized, especially for future releases.

Definitely some new evolutions (Not prevolutions): Arbok, Sandslash, Mightyena, Mr. Mime, Jynx...

No Prevolutions - Why do we want more weaker pokemon?

No Fire/Fighting types - I think we have enough of those...

Good looking Pokemon - I'd love to see a better design of Gen 6 Pokemon; Gen 5 had some okay designs, but was definitely the weaker in my opinion. Basically don't make any cheesy pokemon like: Bidoof, Woobat, Wormadam, Vanilluxe... I am LOVING the 6th Gen starters and legendaries; so far so good :D

Elemental Legendaries - Basically anything like Fire, Ice, Water, Grass, or Electric would be nice to go back to; I'd love to see "The Three Legendary Cats" or something like that.

New Dragon Type mixes - Let's steer away from doing Dragon/Flying, and move forward

Ease of obtaining preferred Pokemon Nature - I don't know how this could be implemented, but I would love it if you could somehow tweak what Nature your Pokemon will be via breeding or wild pokemon. Yes, I know if the mother hold the everston that helps with breeding, but some of us don't want to play for hours to get a team going... this is why people hacked to begin with.

Man I gotta say, I'm loving the new graphics, and LOVE the battle system; this is what needed to happen finally. I can't wait to see how much fun this game will be!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, at this point, there's a very slim chance of them adding a new type, and light would be kind if redundant as well, as there's already Pokemon types that could fit the role, like Psychic or Normal.

Also, what's wrong with the Pokemon you mentioned? I mean, Bidoof's one thing, everyone hates Bidoof, but in my personal opinion, the others have fairly decent designs. :P

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

-Longer Stryline
-40 Gym Badges

That's all I want for now! :)

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

40 gym badges? O.O

No offense, but that's kinda crazy, they'd never put that many towns and gyms into one game, it'd make it insanely long. :lol:

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:
40 gym badges? O.O

No offense, but that's kinda crazy, they'd never put that many towns and gyms into one game, it'd make it insanely long. :lol:

Since we will cross all the regions, why not?
And the only thing I want is a longer storyline!!! :evil:

Oh well, I feel forums revival!!! :D

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GhostPony750 wrote:
twistedturtwig wrote:
40 gym badges? O.O

I didn't think that you'd be crossing all the regions... Where did you hear that?

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:
GhostPony750 wrote:
twistedturtwig wrote:
40 gym badges? O.O

I didn't think that you'd be crossing all the regions... Where did you hear that?

Eh woops... I misread. :oops:
It says: "Will be released across all regions simultaneously"
But I still want a longer storyline!!!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:57 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I agree that there should be no backwards compatibility this time around. Having four generations connected is a bit much imo, although I'm not sure if you even need gen 3 games to complete the Pokedex or whether you will in gen 6. They should start fresh.

Of course I don't expect that all 750 or whatever Pokemon will be available in X and Y so there will be a period, like with RS before FRLG, where you can't get all the Pokemon, at least until RRSS come out >_>.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:30 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Wolfen McGunz wrote:
Ease of obtaining preferred Pokemon Nature - I don't know how this could be implemented, but I would love it if you could somehow tweak what Nature your Pokemon will be via breeding or wild pokemon. Yes, I know if the mother hold the everston that helps with breeding, but some of us don't want to play for hours to get a team going... this is why people hacked to begin with.

In BW2, a parent holding an Everstone passes that nature to the baby, end of. No 50% chance like in the games before it.

I am opposed to a lack of compatibility. I think the way DPP and BW do it is fine; you can move up your older Pokemon after reaching a certain point in the game. That's better for completing the dex than needing twelve different games like you did in RSE, but it also keeps you from sending them back, so you have to think carefully about it, and having limitations for when you can send up your old Pokemon can also prevent people from blowing through the game.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:02 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

A Dark Type gym would be very nice. Also, how about Stadium style minigames instead of contests, movies, etc.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mektar wrote:
A Dark Type gym would be very nice. Also, how about Stadium style minigames instead of contests, movies, etc.

This

Pokemon Stadium Style minigame would actually be awesome.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I should have mentioned the whole revamped stats for older (specifically Kanto & maybe Johto mainly) Pokemon. Except for a small amount of them, all the last stage evolutions mainly among the older region Pokemon are utterly outclassed in literally every possible way by some other Pokemon or in anything it does outclassed by some other Pokemon in either case from among a Pokemon from a recent Generation of Pokemon.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Someone above mentioned about introduction of a new type. I don't think that would be possible as the current 17 types are already balanced enough. Adding a new type would interfere with the balance I think. The reason they added Dark and Steel in generation 2 was to balance out the type as Psychic type is nearly too powerful back in generation 1.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

The existing type chart is far, FAR from balanced but throwing in another type would do absolutely nothing to undo that trainwreck. If anything, Generation VI needs to redo the current type chart to nerf Dragon, Steel, Water and Fighting and buff Ice, Poison, Bug and Psychic.

Quote:
I should have mentioned the whole revamped stats for older (specifically Kanto & maybe Johto mainly) Pokemon. Except for a small amount of them, all the last stage evolutions mainly among the older region Pokemon are utterly outclassed in literally every possible way by some other Pokemon or in anything it does outclassed by some other Pokemon in either case from among a Pokemon from a recent Generation of Pokemon.

There are 53 Pokemon in Smogon's OU tier at the moment. 21 of them originate from Generations I and II (and Chansey was in OU for quite some time but she just barely fell out in the last tier update). You really can't get closer to what the average number of Pokemon from each Generation should be than that.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Right but that is still very small for the almost 250 Pokemon from those Generations that are not too much for OU. I really don't want to see any Pokemon that isn't a novelty addition to have unreasonably bad stats & or be outclassed by a Pokemon of similar or close to similar rarity at anything it could possible do competitively.

I agree that the type chart needs to be revamped though.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:09 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Im hoping for something like maybe a town where you get to compete in a tournament and win pokemon? Not like legendary pokemon but maybe some good pokemon? I don't like having to spend 500000 pokedollars just to get a pokemon in the game corner.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I certainly hope for backwards compatibility. Otherwise my complete Pokedex and VGC teams will be lost.
After all, this doesn't ruin the game. Backwards compatibility is always obtained later in the game, after the story. It won't affect the plot or something.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Unfortunately, that's usually true. I'll probably end up transferring The Trio over after I beat the E4 and getting three Sixth Gen pokemon to compliment them.
Ashes. Will. Fall.

Goodbye
"

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next