It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Starter Pokemon Elimination Challenge 
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Backstory
Controversy has rocked the Pokemon world. The starters have turned against each other hoping for the fame and fortune of favourite starter. They have made a compitition to finally end the argument. This is that compitition. All 45 starters will be available to save.
Preliminary Rules
1. All 45 starters will be randomly split into 3 groups of 15

2. Everyone who votes must vote for 3 from each group to get rid of

3. You must vote for 3 DIFFERENT pokemon to get rid of.

4. The First four Pokemon in each group to reach 5 Negative vote will be eliminated and will not make it to Round 1

5. You must State your reasons

So here is Group 1

{wartortle}. Votes: 0
{turtwig}. Votes: 1
{charizard} Votes: 1
Snivy. Votes: 4
Emboar Votes: 3
{prinplup} Votes: 1
{blaziken} Votes: 0
{marshtomp}. Votes: 0
Serperior Votes: 0
{squirtle} Votes: 1
{monferno}. Votes: 1
Dewott Votes: 2
{sceptile} Votes: 1
{venusaur} Votes: 3
{charmander}. Votes: 0

I will vote to get rid of {venusaur} Snivy and Dewott
I used him once and discovered he had a terrible movepool. I never liked any of the Generation V starters, Snivy and Dewott topped the list of worst starters. So with my votes the tally changes

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Last edited by James86134 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sounds great! :)

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Dewott topped the list of worst starters.

Game on!
Venusaur, Turtwig, and Snivy. No, this isn't part of my genocide of all grass-typed starters. Venusaur is a quite obvious reason, Turtwig has become synonymous with 'major annoying trolling prick' due to someone who it's assosciated with, and Snivy because I hate its design. I'm sorry, but it looks like a stuck-up bitch.
EDIT: Whatever the hell happened to immunity votes?

Goodbye
"

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:33 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Immunity votes come when we get to the top 18. I'll explain it all later.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Last edited by James86134 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
Turtwig has become synonymous with 'major annoying trolling prick' due to someone who it's assosciated with

I love you too Samurott. <3

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Snivy
Emboar
Dewott

You are trying to guess why I haven't bought B/W?
Answer: Don't like any of the starters.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emboar: A stupid boar. Design sucks. And the real fire-fighting is Blaziken. Gtfo.
Monferno: Playful monkey, huh? Quit monkeying around. You are a disgrace of a fighter.
Snivy: What's with that face? Think you're smart? Well, I'm smarter. You're kicked.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Charizard
Venusaur
Emboar

I don't like any of them.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sceptile, because it's the most useless starter.
Squirtle is such a cute one. Make him stay away from me.
Prinplup, cause it's a goddamn PENGUIN!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wartortle, Monferno, and Dewott.

Wartortle and Dewott don't look too good, and are middle-evolutions. I never cared for Monferno either, since he looks too monkey-like and circus-like.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:29 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Quote:
So here are the Current Standings For Group 1!
Up to Shuckle Rock$ votes
Snivy sits unhappily with 4 votes already! One more could send him home!

Dewott, {venusaur} and Emboar could be saying Sayonara. Three votes, this early in the game.

{monferno} looks up at the scoreboard and crosses his fingers, hoping that the 2 votes are just a dream.

{wartortle}, {turtwig}, {charizard}, {prinplup}, {squirtle} and {sceptile} clap happily with only one vote each.

{blaziken}, {marshtomp}, Serperior and {charmander} celebrate their safe streak of no votes.

If you don't want any of these pokemon winning the compitition for favourite starter pokemon! Vote now.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dewott, Monferno, and Emboar. I'm determined for Veusaur to win this time around, despite Samurott's best efforts.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:11 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Quote:
So here are the Current Standings For Group 1!
Up to Twisted Turtwigs votes
Snivy and Dewott sit unhappily with 4 votes already! One more could send either of them home!

{monferno}, {venusaur} and Emboar could be saying Sayonara. Three votes, this early in the comp! Wow.

{wartortle}, {turtwig}, {charizard}, {prinplup}, {squirtle} and {sceptile} clap happily with only one vote each.

{blaziken}, {marshtomp}, Serperior and {charmander} celebrate their safe streak of no votes.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@twist: Bring it, bitch.

Venusuar. Will. Die. Early. This. F****ng. Time.

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:28 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Uh it's only three votes per person per group. So those votes don't count, Samurott.

On the plus side I have good news! After we narrow down the top 33 starters from the groups, if your favourite starter didn't make the cut you have a chance at bringing them back! With three wild cards that means it raises to 36 starters. Then the real compitition begins!

EDIT: want to avoid double posting. Could some of you put a link in your sig to raise interest in the PEC?

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:32 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Snivy
Serperior
{venusaur}

I thought D/P's starters were bad, but B/W sucks even worse. And to portray Americans as snakes, Game Freak sucks for that.
I have too much love for water pokemon, and the fire pig is actually cool.

I actually just used Venusaur, but let's call a quick end to round 1, so bybye.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:50 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Quote:
Current Standings for Group 1
WITH 5 VOTES
Snivy leaves the stage with its everlasting smug face. "You better hope I don't get a wild card!" He yells angrily.
WITH 4 VOTES
Emboar flares with rage out of being voted for
{venusaur} worryingly looks around hoping for some of the others to be voted.
Dewott cries as he comes to the conclusion he may be the next to go. "Save me, Samurott!" He utters with a choke.
WITH 3 VOTES
{monferno} stares at his fellow contestants and mentally starts to write the names of the main threats.
WITH 1 VOTE
{wartortle} and {squirtle} exchange a brotherly glance, hoping for the best.
{turtwig} looks around cluelessly.
{prinplup} injects Plastic into its beak to make it more ugly.
{charizard} looks to its brother, {charmander} , and makes a gesture of killing him like the horrible pokemon it is.
{sceptile} waters itself without a care.
Serperior looks at its crown and conversates with turtwig about how great she is.
WITH 0 VOTES
{blaziken} sits back with comfort.
{charmander} slowly becomes more and more fearful about Charizards gesture.
{marshtomp} hits itself with an everstone hoping it can evolve back to the cuteness we call MUDKIPZ :P

Since Snivy has reached 5 votes you will not be able to vote for him again.

Last edited by James86134 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
WITH 5 VOTES
Snivy leaves the stage with its everlasting smug face. "You better hope I don't get a wild card!" He yells angrily.

I don't think you know what wild card means.

Goodbye
"

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:56 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

James86134 wrote:

On the plus side I have good news! After we narrow down the top 33 starters from the groups, if your favourite starter didn't make the cut you have a chance at bringing them back! With three wild cards that means it raises to 36 starters. Then the real compitition begins!

EDIT: want to avoid double posting. Could some of you put a link in your sig to raise interest in the PEC?

So basically the top 11 of each group (33 starters) make it into round one. Because 33 isn't a sufficient number for what I have planned three starters that have been voted off will have a chance to get back in by a wildcard RNG. This is one person per group that can get back in. This is completely random and will be announced over 3 different parts of round 1 (for suspense of course :D ).

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I guess you got me on that one... Eventhough I frown upon seeded brackets because of their horrible matchmaking.
A wild card is usually the one that was close to making it in, but did not.

Goodbye
"

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Will the new starter be added?
I do hope so :?

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm pretty sure that Emboar has four votes, as when I voted, it had three, and mine should have brought it to four.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:59 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

@Samurott I know the tradition is usually the closest to making it in but didn't. But it's a wild card! Make it WILD
@GhostPony. I would like to add the new starters in but for two reasons I won't.
1. There's not much to vote on apart from appearance
2. I would have to put one in each group and since one group has already sent someone out of the comp it would give an unfair advantage to the one who is put in group 1.
@Twisted Turtwig. I have fixed it. Skipped over it when I was writing down the list yesterday. Thank you for noticing this.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I will vote for Emboar, Prinplup and Monferno.

Reasons being I find Prinplup to probably be one of the ugliest Pokemon I have ever seen :o, Emboar to speed up the process and that I actually like Venusaur and Dewott so I can't vote for them.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dewott, Monferno, and Wartortle. Dewott and Monferno is solely for advancing the round. Squirtle's cool and Blastoise is all right, but Wartortle: no.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next