It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Greatest Fears 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What's the thing that you are most afraid of? Personally, I'm afraid of failure, anywhere, in any form.
So what is the thing that gives you the chills?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spiders, opossums, and needles. Spiders are just a basic fear, opossums I hate with a passion, a *burning* passion, If you could say that.
As for needles, at the mere sight of a syringe and needle, I tense up. I seriously **** hate them. I swear to god, if I was ever to be sentenced to death, I'd rather have death by snu-snu than death by lethal injection.

Goodbye
"

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1. Being hurt to the eyes. (Or see someone being hurt to the eyes.)
2. Japanese cars. (If you wanna know why, pm me...)
3. You know, these little spiders with HUGE legs? (Normal spiders and tarantulas are ok for me)

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Warning this post could potentially be well I guess controversial just depending on your views.

My greatest fear(s) is that I will never get married and that our countries view on the LGBTQ community will worsen than it already is in most states. My fear from marriage stems from the fact that when I get old and move away from my home and family with the man I choose to spend my life with, that if something that were to happen to one of us that I wouldn't have the funds to pay for the health care because we couldn't be on the same insurance. That is just something that chills me to my very core.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
I wouldn't have the funds to pay for the health care because we couldn't be on the same insurance.

Come live in Canada, its free!!! :D

Oh, and i understand your fear, no one know what will happen...

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, staff like that also scare me. One of the reasons I'm against marriage is the trouble it brings.
Remind me to make a marriage thread.

P.S.: shinashu, you're a girl?

Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:40 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No, ChillBill, I'm pretty sure Shinashu was implying he's a guy and was talking about how many people are against gay marriage in a lot of states. It's really sad though how so many people are so ridiculously opposed to it.

My greatest fears would have to be heights, which I'm deathly afraid of, and also the fear that I'll die young, and never get to experience whats in store for me in life.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:32 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:
No, ChillBill, I'm pretty sure Shinashu was implying he's a guy and was talking about how many people are against gay marriage in a lot of states. It's really sad though how so many people are so ridiculously opposed to it.

Indeed it's sad. I have no problem however.
Die young... that gets another pretty high position in my list.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:

Hit the nail on the head there twistedturwig. Yeah ChillBill I am a dude, and to GhostPony I'm afraid I don't have the funds to move my arse to Canada land.

I'm not afraid to die young, I have experienced most of what I could want from life, heights is another thing I'm quite afraid of.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

shinashu taji wrote:
Hit the nail on the head there twistedturwig. Yeah ChillBill I am a dude...

Amen, brotha! Despite being a Christian and "obligated" to go against the LGBTQ community, I support you all the way through! Live on!

I certainly fear failure, of course... to an extent. Because, I know failure comes with a learning experience, and it could shape my self into something possibly better. I know it's scary, but I know it's good for me.

Rejection scares me the most. Not just in the whole relationship terms, but in general. From parents, from work, from friends, whatever. It's scary to not be wanted. It's what I live for. Nonetheless, all these fears are something we must respect and acknowledge. It's all good to be scared. It's natural, and sometimes it protects us.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Rejection isn't exactly something I greatly fear, but in shinashu's case, I could imagine, maybe. Being an Atheist in a community where 98% of everyone around you is Christian sucks. The only people who know that I am one are my friends. My gf, my parents, and my brother don't know I'm atheist. Why? I fear their opinion. I've already disappointed my parents enough, and I'm afraid of what my gf will do. But I still don't fear rejection. Then again, why should I? Rejection used to be, and still is, a major part of my life. I've just learned to roll with the punches and if anyone has a problem with it, well, excuse my language here, but, **** them.
<RANT ALERT>
I fear a society where everyone must be the same. I fear judgement of others based on soleless beliefs. I've actually been called a slacker on one occasion, or have been 'as bad as Hitler' on another, all because of my beliefs and opinions. I believe in evolutionism. I support gay marriage. That, believe it or not, offends people. People who, eventhough they know my religious view, still question why I view churches as unnessacary. Why I fear them. I don't. I fear the extremists they sometimes create. Take the Westboro Baptist Church. These are the stupidest, most horrible Americans ever. According to them, I am going to Hell. lol
</rant>
Again, I completely understand the fear of rejection. That, and clowns.
EDIT: @twist: It isn't a fear after you have a legit near death experience while you're young. I never really feared I'd die way too young until I was nearly strangled to death in fight when I was in 8th Grade. And now, I still don't.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
That, and clowns.

Oh dear god, clowns.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What's wrong with clowns? I've heard of this before, but I never understood it.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
ChillBill wrote:
What's wrong with clowns? I've heard of this before, but I never understood it.

Read It by Stephen King, and you will.

My bad memory saved me from that fear, but I have at least one lasting one--heights. And looking up makes it infinitely worse. Looking down actually helps, or just looking sideways or closing my eyes so i don't see the heights at all.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That is by far, a legitimate fear of heights. If you look down from a tall height and are afraid, that is actually the fear of falling.
Since we used to be badass freerunners on trees and stuff until nature decided to change us into homo sapiens, the fear of heights isn't much of a fear, but is a warning of how far you are above solid ground. When one gets afraid when they look at the ground from a tall height, it is simply our ape instincts kicking in and telling us that if we were to fall, we won't walk away like nothing ever happened. Fear of falling is more accepted, and yes, I too have a fear of falling.
Another fear commonly misinterpretted is the fear of the dark, and evolution plays a seldom role.
The fear of darkness is actually the fear of the unknown. Our minds are very creul when comes to perception, and everything we think may be lurking in the shadows, can actually be. Like a predator, poised to attack, or an actual Predator, poised to attack with its shoulder cannon armed, or a Predator drone, which, if you're paranoid or a terrorist, would probably scare you more than if either of the two other scenarios were true. I still have a night light in my room because if I go into a dark room I immediately stiffen right up and don't move until my eyes adjust, leaving my scared ****less until they do. My room is at the end of an interior hallway, and doesn't have any means of getting natural light, so that light in my room really helps. That, and because if someone comes all up in mah room, I'mma mess'em up, so I need to see 'em!

Goodbye
"

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I used to be afraid of darkness as well. But now I actually like it. It's easier to kill others in the dark. Now heights... no. Falling, yes, but to a certain extend. Something like more than 100 meters (300 ft). Lower, not so much.
Well, with all fears I've found a "cure". I just think that so many others went through this. So how is it possible that I, being superior to all that exist am unable to do it? Well, doesn't work all the time, though.
Edit: This is for darkness.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ChillBill wrote:
Well, I used to be afraid of darkness as well. But now I actually like it. It's easier to kill others in the dark. Now heights... no. Falling, yes, but to a certain extend. Something like more than 100 meters (300 ft). Lower, not so much.
Well, with all fears I've found a "cure". I just think that so many others went through this. So how is it possible that I, being superior to all that exist am unable to do it? Well, doesn't work all the time, though.
Edit: This is for darkness.

Weirdly, I was listening to this song before I clicked the link!!! xD

Well... actually I don't fear heights... but when I'm alone in dark, I do feel strange a bit.

But I also have a fear of the crowds. When there's too many people at one same place, I don't feel at ease, then I start to panic, and I need to get out of here wathever happen.

I usually don't speak and always alone. Maybe this have an effect on my fear?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

FURBEES!
Anyone who still remembers these toys from, like, the 90s, you'd probably know what I'm talking about. Due to a horrible dream involving furbees in my childhood that I remember somwhat vividly, I hate them, and cringe at the site of them.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Man heights scare the crap out of me for the reason of that I am afraid that I will lose control. I like to have the sense that I can control my arms and legs and when I get too high I get dizzy and what happens? You guessed it my arms and legs don't quite move the way that I would like for them to.

Darkness has only scared me not because it is dark only because what lies within it. The unknown. Could it be an chainsaw wielding mass murderer? Or a big cookie from the local sweet shop? You just never know.

Finally **** Furbies. My friend's was possessed by Satan or something. We tried teaching it the basic alphabet (a,b,c, etc.) and it just started spouting things in some weird distorted language.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Furbies. Don'cha just love 'em?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Because the LED-bright white eyes don't make it look possessed at all.

Goodbye
"

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

:censored: NEEDLES! I hate absolutely loathe needles. I refused to get the Swine Flu vaccine and to get teeth pulled out because of it. It's something I really want to overcome because I know that I'll have to get more injections at some stage. I actually got two injections on Friday: one was an anesthetic to get my tooth out, the other was a sedative so I wouldn't mind the needle in my mouth :?
Whenever I tell anyone I have this fear they tell me that no one likes needles, and that I'll only feel a small pinch. 1: I couldn't care less about how little/much other people are afraid of needles, and 2: I know what it feels like, I have had needles before.
I think what I fear most is my fear of needles: I'm afraid that I'll flinch or something when the they're putting the needle in because of my fear of needles. It's a vicious circle :(

I also have a fear of heights/falling. It's not that big a fear and I'm beginning to get over it. Another fear I have that's connected to this is being in a car on a steep incline/decline.

I used to have a fear of spiders, but I got over that (at least I got over the fear of spiders that are in Ireland. Big spiders from other countries: that's a whole different story) It's funny though: two of my favourite Pokémon are {ariados} & Image

I also used to have a fear of the dark. I have an overactive imagination and imagined all sorts of, well, everything and anything lurking in the shadows. I still prefer a little bit of light somewhere though (but only a little:too much and I can't sleep)

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DARKNESS IS UPON YOU.
Needles. Generally, I have no problem with them. People used to look at me in a weird way when I told them I actually enjoyed the surgeries in Grey's Anatomy (some of them are quite detailed). But I have some problem when I am about to get needled. I've managed to conquer it somewhat, but still I'm not exactly pleased with them.
For all those afraid of needles: look on the bright side. You probably won't become heroine addicts ;)

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:53 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Needles don't bother me so much anymore. Especially since I work with them every day and have been prone to prick myself with them. Some fresh only containing a vaccine, others were used hypodermic needles. No I didn't inject myself with anything nor do I have any diseases from it (though with my luck something is bound to happen when I'm 40)

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Blood, Gore, Michelle Jackson's thriller, Being chased by Women, The stupidity in the world, cephalopods, fear itself.

That's pretty much it for what scares me.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next