It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Choices to make 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

starting my soul silver game again gota few decisions to make
firstly the starter?
cyndaquil - best special attack and speed, learns some solid moves (lava plume/Flamethrower), need other pokemon to take down rock and water.
totodile - best HP and attack, learns an assortment of moves and Tms. dosent learn aqua tail and waterfall till later in the game, hasnt got the best sp attack so surf isnt to good.
chikorita - best defensive and sp defence, best grass pokemon in game in my eyes, not to good against main characters.

other decisions
Heracross or Scyther? always liked the look of scyther and it has technician. learns swords dance to raise its already high attack, great speed aswell. learns wing attack, X scissor, night slash along the way, but has alot of weaknesses. heracross has amazing attack, learns brick break, aerial ace and megahorn, and night slash by heart scale, x4 weakness to flying type, can learn rock and ground type moves.

water type?
want a pokemon that more special based, maybe a vapereon or lapras

electric type?
love jolteon, ampharos is to slow in my eyes but has amazing special attack.

flying type?
could get dragonite, pidgeot, fearow.

physhic type?
espeon, kadabra, girafarig help taking out team rocket

others?
tyranitar, legendary dogs, lugia

or should i just get pokemon i want or not go by type. because i could never decide between scyther and heracross love them both

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As a starter, I recommend Totodile. You might not be able to get a Physical STAB in the beginning, but Feraligatr still has potential (for me, better than Typhlosion and Meganium). Also, it evolves very fast, at Lv.30 only.

If you want a bug so much, I recommend Heracross. Scyther and Scizor are good, but Heracross is better for in-game purposes.

As a water type, you can run Tentacruel if you like. Vaporeon and Lapras aren't half bad either. This choice is up to you. Personally, I'd recommend Lapras for in-game purposes.

For electric types, Jolteon is a good choice. Generally, in-game teams need speed, as it's improbable to face an advanced strategy from an NPC.

For flyers, Dragonite, no doubt. However, keep in mind that you can't get one before Blackthorn. So until then you can stick to Pidgeot.

Get an Alakazam if you can trade to fill your Psychic slot. Otherwise, Espeon.

From others, it's up to you.

Generally speaking though, I can't really give you specific advice. Many of the Pokemon you've thought of using aren't available early in the game. For the Johto leaders almost everyone uses Pokemon such as Gyarados or Sudowoodo.
It's not really possible for someone to decide exactly what he will use to complete the story.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

You can get a Dratini at the Game Corner, ChillBill.

I recommend just using whatever Pokemon you like. HGSS is not difficult to get through, you don't really need to think too hard about it. In my last playthrough I used Butterfree, Quagsire and Dratini. Also, don't feel compelled to use one of the starters ;o

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cherrygrove wrote:
You can get a Dratini at the Game Corner, ChillBill.

Oops. My bad. You're right. It's just that I was always so bored to play there I always forgot the prizes.
Anyway, Cherrygrove's right. In all Pokemon games, you just go with what's given to you. There is no place in the story difficult enough to cause you problems. Except Red, but you have loads of time 'till then.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Taking on the sprout tower with my quilava lvl 17.
have rattata for cut and rock smash

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]