It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Anime-Choices and Opinions 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Japanese anime have a lot of fans. I myself watch 2, and a friend of mine has actually watched more than 10 full and follows another 2 or 3. Anime definitely have unique aspects that separate them from other cartoons.
So what anime are you watching? Which ones do you prefer? And if you don't like them, what repels you?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:16 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ChillBill wrote:
Japanese anime have a lot of fans. I myself watch 2, and a friend of mine has actually watched more than 10 full and follows another 2 or 3. Anime definitely have unique aspects that separate them from other cartoons.
So what anime are you watching? Which ones do you prefer? And if you don't like them, what repels you?

Hmm... actually, I already tried to watch/ read One Piece and stuff.
But... it's really violent, and I don't like that.
Also, I don't like the animation and designs aren't this great...
So no, I don't like and don't watch animes.

MLP is Western Animation, but it's really close to anime, maybe this count.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ONE PIECE HATERS SHALL DIE!!!
...Or not. Either way, violence is directly associated with anime. Same goes with some funny scenes (Luffy's love for food in One Piece or the Ichigo-Renji fights in Bleach). And of course there are the, ahem, well equipped girls (see Boa Hancock or Matsumoto Rangiku if you don't get me). These are the things I like the most in anime myself (especially the latter :twisted:). It separates them from other cartoons. Gives them character. I mean, have you ever tried watching the 4Kids TV version of One Piece? If you haven't, lucky you.
So yeah, anime might have some problems, but they are part of their charm.

P.S. And when I say I like violence in anime, it doesn't mean I like it in real life. It's just that, for example, seeing Zoro in the Enies Lobby arc is really cool.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm actually of of the senior leaders of my high school's Anime Club. We're in the middle of Neon Genesis Evangelion right now, but turnout has been slowly decreasing. As I'm kinda busy lately, the only show I'm following from home right now is Fairy Tail.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh goodness. You guys seem to be missing out on quite a few great anime (and just to note, not all anime are violent). Detective Conan is a nice anime for mystery lovers, and it doesn't have much violence, if it can even be called violence, at all. Steins;Gate is another great anime that is more focused on the story of John Titor (John Titor is a self-proclaimed time-traveler who made his appearence on the internet around 2001, I believe). Then there is Trigun, which has quite a lot of violence within it; though, the actual direction of this anime is rather interesting. Sword Art Online is a superb anime that is more or less themed around MMORPG's and romance. MLP... That one isn't an anime, but a cartoon with some anime art styles within it. That doesn't mean that it isn't still an enjoyable show, though. Just ask if you want any more anime suggestions from me!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Heh, "watched more than 10 full" I don't if that makes me sad for them, or me. I've watched over 120 anime series/movies/OVAs. In terms of what I like and watch, I'll watch mostly anything. But genres I try and avoid are School Life/Romance, stuff like that. Genres I like the most would be Fantasy/Supernatural. Currently I'm watching a few on Crunchyroll, but mainly Natsume Yujin-cho and Cardfight Vanguard.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]