It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Rebuild of Team Midnight 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I tried to figure out something like a double KO so we can leave Spence and Trevor to their battle.
Edit: Sorry I didn't make my injury clear.))

Bill looked at the bounty hunter playing with his blades. Alright, where's the trick? Then the hunter's hand pulled out a Pokeball. "Go, Seeker!" Bill reached in his belt for his gun.
"Seeker, use Hypnosis!"
The beam hit Bill. He struggled to keep consciousness.
"Let's see how well you can fight now!" said the hunter, as he drew his blade and charged at him. Bill raised the gun and shot.
He heard the gunshot, and felt a sharp pain at his left shoulder. Then everything went black.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Last edited by ChillBill on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Well played, dear sir. Well played.))
As Wolf beared down on the man, he saw him draw a gun. No! More adrenaline shot through his body and he noticed a lot of changes. His senses were as sharp as his swords, he felt very warm as his heart pumped more blood through his body at a faster rate. The scar on his back seared with pain, but yet, Wolf did not mind it. He focused in on the stumbling man. Now within seven yards or so, he jumped up and brought his left leg up, turned his left hand for the follow through, and angled his right hand for killing blow. At that moment, the man's gun went off. Wolf saw the flash of the bullet as it tore a hole through his shoulder. He didn't feel like he just got shot, but he manage to incapacitate the other guy. But how? As the pain in his back hit extremes, and his vision was fading, he turned his to view his right blade, with a bit of blood on it from the man. As his eyes closed and his body started to rest and repair itself from the pain, his last thought was that he failed everyone: Psyche, his sister, Root, himself. He lost consciousness with Root screaming through the comm in his ear.
((No, no one is dead. I just thought of a way to make more... Dramatic and believeable, so to speak.))

Goodbye
"

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:46 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Editted: ((Okay, I told you guys that you weren't allowed to use legendaries (alone from the clones Psyche was using, and I named them all, there shouldn't have been an issue). jim-the-poke-master, you broke that rule and you controlled one of my characters AFTER I had told you guys, if you hadn't roleplayed before, to read a topic I linked you to that explained the do's and don't's thoroughly. Going off and not contributing with other players, as well as to my story, is not helpful or what roleplaying actually consists of. I'm afraid to say this but you're out.))

((From now on, you're only allowed to make ONE post after MY post. It's hard to follow for some players including myself.))

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Bill and Wolf had blacked out after a gunshot. Their battle had ended, but Spence was still fighting the assassin back. Sweat poured from his face, hard to keep breath. At this rate… the assassin was going to have the advantage. Fighting this man though, it reminded him of someone. He could’ve sworn he had fought this man a long time ago. Some kind of deja-vu.

Spence locked blades with Trevor’s. Spence breathed heavily, glaring into this assassin’s fox-like eyes. This guy was trained, and from the looks of it, fighting this man would’ve been the last thing he wanted to do.

He growled, frustrated, “You bastards--!! I told everyone to behave themselves and this is what I get?! You’d wake the dead at this rate!”

Spence lashed out. An intense blow to Trevor’s katana sent him sliding back a distance. Finally, he had a chance to talk with him.

“Listen here you!” Spence yelled, having enough of this, “If you want me, you can have me! I’m not going to run away from you!” he told him, looking back to when he spoke to Diseh just a short while ago, “Listen… You overheard… correctly. And Alex, you should hear this as well,” he turned, spotting him hidden away in the back, “My name is… Spence.”

Spence eyed the assassin, “You’re definitely skilled… I’ve never fought somebody like you before in a long time. You’re… different, but… you’re like me, or what I used to be. I’m sure if I wasn’t warned you were coming, I’d be certainly be dead by now.” He grinned.

“Follow me,” he gestured, telling Alex to come closer as well as he examined Bill and the bounty hunter. An unpleasant noise was crying out from an earphone, so Spence picked it up. It sounded like the cry of a young girl, so he answered, “…Don’t worry. He’s fine… There’s a house in Lavender Town, we’ll make sure he’s treated.”

Spence turned the communicator off and shoved it into the pocket of the person, leaning down with a groan, “Bill’s unconscious… but this guy’s bleeding out all over the place.” Spence removed his hood and then his coat, applying it to the area he got shot. He picked him up.

“Alex, if you could? Could you help me with Bill, the young man over there? We’re going back to Sarah’s. Let’s go before the ghost pokemon try and devour their souls… Idiots.”

---

Sarah was completely shocked. Spence had come back with the body of a young man, bleeding out to death. Spence placed him gently onto the couch as Sarah approached them, “What’s happened?!”

“It’s a bit of a misunderstanding… Can you help him?”

Sarah sighed, nodding, “I’ll see what I can do, how’s that guy?” she motioned to Bill in Alex’s arms.

“He’s fine, for now. Until I beat him to death for disturbing the graves of your parents, that is…”

“Right… Alex, can you find him a bed?” She placed her hands firm onto the wound, trying to stop the bleeding, “Liv, can you give me a hand? I need a clean knife, disinfectant, and some bandage. You should find them in the bathroom.” Displeased, she went to work with the help of Liv to save Wolf.

“Thanks Sarah,” Spence placed a hand onto her shoulder, “I’m sorry for all this…”

“Don’t thank me yet…” she replied, trying to concentrate and pull the bullet out.

Spence stood up. It was time to get to work, “Silas, Alex, and you…” Spence turned towards the katana wielding assassin, “Let’s go outside for a minute.”

---

Once the four of them were outside in the misty backdrop of Lavender, he spoke, “The girl Sarah already knew, but yes, I‘m Spence. It was my intention here, when I came back from the war in Unova, to rebuild a team from long ago… Team Midnight. When I was 16, I was introduced to Midnight thanks to a girl called Kikyo. The leader’s name back then was Blackwind. They were all extremely powerful trainers. When I defeated Magma back then, Diseh, Sarah’s father, found out that there existed another team called Psyche. But soon, we were ambushed, and Diseh and so many of my friends died. Team Midnight was destroyed as well, and soon I was the only one left.”

“I was young and stupid, so I left, and this is what the regions became in my absence… for that, I’m sorry, to all of you. But I want to make up for that,” Spence sighed, looking deep down inside himself, “I’m forming Team Midnight again with me as its leader. I’m going to strike down Psyche and give this world back to the pokemon, if I have to destroy all of its clones myself…”

“You…” Spence was referring to Trevor, “I wonder, you were ordered by Psyche to hunt me down, as well as the trainer inside. Do you have any idea what Psyche is planning?”

“Anyway, I’ve already said too much. If you want to join me… join Team Midnight, follow me. However, if you don’t, then either leave now or just try and kill me. Like I said before, I’m not running away from this.”

Edit: ((Sorry for bunnying some of you, I kinda thought out what some of you guys (redt and jimmy) would write in response from any of that, and our writing and thoughts always seems to click together, it's just easier to group up now than give too much freedom and create that big mess from earlier. The random Rayquaza in the sky wasn't helping matters haha (honestly a wtf moment while i was in the library today). I thought my internet connection had got cut off, but it must have turned back on while I was with my girlfriend either yesterday or earlier today.))

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I apologize for the excessive posts, this is by far the biggest RP I've ever been included in.))
Root suddenly heard the voice of an old man (by her standards) come in through the comm. "...Don't worry. He's fine... There's a house in Lavender Town, we'll make sure he's treated." Root didn't know it's this bad. It had never been this bad. Now he is getting saved by the target. Root issued out a half sigh, half scoff. "Guess it's up to me." She put the scanner monitor away and disassembled the rifle, then she left the roof and hurried off to find Wolf.
---------
After the third or so house, Root finally found Wolf. Being that she was getting impatient, and this was possibly the last house she could check, she barged in regardless of any protests. "Where's Wolf?" she asked the person who answered who answered the door. "The man who's bleeding out to death?" The sounds of Wolf's screams drew her to a bedroom without help. "What happened?" she said, in complete shock.

Goodbye
"

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:47 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((I made a mistake; Bill was supposed to be in much worse condition than Wolf. But it happens lol.))

Sarah sighed, wiping the sweat from her forehead. She had just gotten to Bill as Root had entered. Liv had answered the door.

"He's just having a bad dream. He was shot, but he's going to be fine now," she went and washed her hands in the sink, she curiously looked to the girl, "Hey, you must be his little sister, right? You look alike. Thanks to Spence, he would've been a goner."

Sarah turned towards Liv, giving a smile, "Hey... Thanks for all your help. I couldn't have done it without you."

Sarah and Liv had tended to both Bill and Wolf, and apart from some scars, they were going to be just fine now.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I'm only going to reply right now because my girlfriend will do something (like take my phone or whatever) if I do it later.))
Root was relieved to see that Wolf was okay. "He's just having a bad dream. He was shot, but he's going to be fine." The girl went over to wash her hands in the sink. "Hey, you must be his little sister, right? You look alike. Thanks to Spence, he would've been a goner." Root scowled. She scowled at herself mostly, but also at the girl. "No, I'm not his little sister. She's kind of the reason we got into this mess." Root forced a chuckle. "No, I'm his girlfriend." She turned to the woman who entered the room. "His he awake yet? The one who got shot?"
((EDIT: lol Jimmy. Thanks for making my day better while more awkward to those around me. Because I seriously lol'd.))

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Look at Crunchy taking charge all up in here. He ain't havin' NONE of that!))

Alex contemplated Spence's offer. To be so up front about the situation and take personal responsibility like that. He couldn't be lying, could he? He also took into consideration of the fact that they hadn't even spent a full day together and three separate men had already tried to kill him. He can obviously handle himself and his pokemon seem strong enough. I'm already outmatched there... As if Alex was even going to try and come at him. Spence had saved his life. It would be breaking the honor code he lived by. If a favor is given, repay in kind. Honor amongst thieves. Spence was no thief though...at least not that Alex was aware of. It would give him a good opportunity to turn his life around though and if they truly were going for Psyche, he might be able to find his father after all. Liv... Alex cracked his knuckles, as he usually does while he's in deep thought. He didn't want her in danger, but at the same time the two had spent everyday together for almost a decade. Alex swallowed hard and looked at the two with a devious grin.

"I'm in. If you have a job that needs to get done, I'm your man." Alex took a bow to compliment his ego. "The Devil of Saffron and his loyal Cerberus are moving up in the world!"

---------------------

Liv wiped the sweat from her forehead. Surprisingly enough, she enjoyed taking care of people. Almost as much as she enjoyed causing them grief. She laughed lightly before admiring her and Sarah's handy work on the two men.

"Ya know, we make a pretty good team." Sarah smiled back at her as she ran her hands under the faucet. For the first time, Liv was thinking about her future. What she actually wanted to do with her life. To her own surprise, it wasn't living day by day. It wasn't even being a full time criminal. For a long time her rebel spark had vanished, but Alex needed her...right? She turned hesitantly toward Sarah. "I know you don't like me much...but...Saffron isn't safe. Is there anyway that I could stay here with you? At least until Psyche dies down. I want to learn to help pokemon." Liv felt ashamed turning her back on Alex, but the life of an outlaw was all he knew. She bit her lip in anticipation of the worst.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gina screaming... Blaziken and Garchomp roaring in rage... Spence's face... The bounty hunter attacking... The shot...
The shot!

Bill opened his eyes. He was in a house, a house he didn't recognize. His Pokeballs were on a small table next to him. Well, it's better than a grave. He tried to move, but a searing pain pierced through his shoulder.
Damn that blasted hunter! In an instant, everything came rushing back. The fight at the Tower, the bounty hunter's trick with Haunter, the shot he fired...
"Has he woke up yet? The one who got shot?"
An unfamiliar voice, definitely the one of a girl, came from the next room. She was probably reffering to the hunter. That meant he was alive. Bill felt relieved. He would have hated to have the weight of murder in his life. Although it's better than that of a tombstone.
Bill moved uneasily. Now that he finally had a full grasp of reality, he began to worry. For him and the hunter to be alive, Spence had probably won the duel. But what would this mean? Bill was pretty sure that Spence would be mad at him for bringing the hunters upon them. And a fight with Spence wasn't really high in his priorities. He had to sort things out quickly.
He could now hear voices speaking again. He rose his voice. "Hey, anyone home?"

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((I like Jimmy's comment haha. I'm just posting this so everyone knows I'm not dead. I'm about to interview for a better job soon. So as soon as I get home in the next hour I'll make my epic post for Trevor. So my post will go here.))

Trevor's first strike met against unmoving steel. This surprised him at how fast Spence reacted to his attack. After several intense strikes against each other, Spence blasted Trevor several feet away.

“Listen here you!” Spence yelled. “If you want me, you can have me! I’m not going to run away from you!” That made Trevor stop in his tracks. He listened to Spence as he explained himself and how Trevor reminded him of someone. He didn't like how Spence knew that he was expected.

Trevor saw that the spirits began getting even more aggressive as two of the men laid on the floor unconscious. This is quite a predicament I'm in. I hate Psyche for all it stands for but if I abandon this mission they'll come after me. Trevor followed the group out of the tower and waited as they went into the house.
----------------
Once the four of them were back outside Spence explained his purpose and reason for creating the new Midnight.

“You…” Spence was referring to Trevor, “I wonder, you were ordered by Psyche to hunt me down, as well as the trainer inside. Do you have any idea what Psyche is planning?"

Trevor glanced over at Spence, "I was only sent after you and your group because no one else could track you. I've been running from Psyche for several years now. I guess that's how long they've been trying to track you and once they exhausted all their available resources they went after me. I have nothing against you or your cause Spence." At that Trevor planted his sword in the ground.

He rubbed his arms as he thought about the young girl appearing in the attic. "I don't know how, but I believe that Psyche is able to track me. Even if I join your group I'll draw more attention from them. It will be a consequence of me joining your group and they won't stop until we're all dead. And that's everything I know about Psyche and their plans."

Last edited by redt on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"What'd I miss?" Silas asked, jumping to his feet as the others returned bearing people who must be close to death.

“Silas, Alex, and you…” The older trainer turned towards the katana wielding assassin, “Let’s go outside for a minute.”

"Sure." Silas replied following them out.

Once outside the older trainer, Spence, told them about his plans to rebuild Team Midnight and strike down Team Psyche, ending with an offer for them to join.

"I'll end up fighting Psyche eventually anyways, so I'm in as well. But, if... When we get to Mauville, I want first shot at Psyche." Silas said. "I don't call myself anything like the 'Devil of Saffron,' but I can fight like a devil when I feel the need to."

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((How did the job interview go, redt?))

Sarah winced, she could've sworn that woman looked a little younger to be his sister... Well, that's what she got for being a big loud mouth. "Well, it depends," she sadly tried to laugh off her mistaken comment, "...You can go in and see him if you'd like, if you really are his girlfriend, I'm sure he wouldn't mind." She smiled, leading her towards Wolf's room, "By the way, my name's Sarah. And please, while your here," she was worried over the rifle in her possession, why would someone like her carry something like that if they didn't intend to kill another person... "I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't start any trouble here, alright?"

Sarah turned to Liv, "...You know, Alex was my best friend, we grew up together long before my mum died... I guess I got lonely when he left, but... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so rude to you earlier. I can see now why he likes you, and you're actually not so bad," Sarah smiled warmly, "Like I said before, you're welcome to stay here for however long you want. I have a few pokemon hidden away who've wanted a new trainer, a kind one, just like you --- Huh?"

Sarah heard the voice of the stranger inside. Didn't Spence say his name was Bill? Sarah proceeded inside and opened the door. She closed it behind her, since the man did shoot one of them... "Hello, how are you feeling? I'm Sarah, do you need anything?" She checked over his bandaged shoulder, he seemed to be just fine.

"Well, just yell if you need anything, alright? By the way, don't be shocked... but we took all your weapons away from you, including the other man's gear. While your here, you'll have to go through me if you want to have another fight, got it?" she shot a glare, going straight through Bill.

Sarah sat down on the corner of the bed, giving a sigh of annoyance, "Why are you here for? Is it because you wanted to see Spence and join him...? Why, for what purpose?" she spoke outloud.

---

"I'm in. If you have a job that needs to get done, I'm your man." Alex took a bow to compliment his ego. "The Devil of Saffron and his loyal Cerberus are moving up in the world!"

Spence nodded to Alex. Even though he knew him for only a short period of time, there were reasons why he could trust him. Sarah always made the right friends. "Talking about your pokemon... I'll get to that later."

"I was only sent after you and your group because no one else could track you. I've been running from Psyche for several years now. I guess that's how long they've been trying to track you and once they exhausted all their available resources they went after me. I have nothing against you or your cause Spence. I don't know how, but I believe that Psyche is able to track me. Even if I join your group I'll draw more attention from them. It will be a consequence of me joining your group and they won't stop until we're all dead. And that's everything I know about Psyche and their plans."

"Interesting... but not all of it makes complete sense. If they had people like you to begin with, why not just use another man with your training? And if they could track you down, I don't think any of us are completely safe anyway." Spence crossed his arms, "Well, that's ashame... I'd like you to reconsider joining, though. From the sounds of it, if you leave without me dead, or you stay and join me, you're in the same boat either way... Psyche weeds out rebels of the like, we're no different, for now. Even if you do complete your mission, they'll just dispose of you anyway, that's how it is."

"Unless you're intent on killing me, that is..." Spence smiled to himself, "But, I can't die yet... I won't allow it. If you won't join, then at least follow us so I CAN change your mind later."

"I'll end up fighting Psyche eventually anyways, so I'm in as well. But, if... When we get to Mauville, I want first shot at Psyche." Silas said. "I don't call myself anything like the 'Devil of Saffron,' but I can fight like a devil when I feel the need to."

"Right, I'll be sure and remember that," Spence nodded to Silas, "Hope you're not regretting following me now." He gave a grin.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((It went well. I'll know by the end of next week if I have the job. Hoping I get it so I can quit my current one.))

Trevor didn't take long before his mind was made up. "Alright I'll join your group. However, I have a request to travel to Celadon City at some point. My parent's graves are there and I have yet to pay my respects to them."

He picked up his katana and sheathed it behind his back. Trevor looked over at Spence, "Eventually Psyche will realize that I've betrayed them and track us down. I suggest we form a plan soon before it's too late. If this region has the academys that Hoenn has then we'll be swarming with Psyche members when they attack."

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The pain... The searing... The noise... A crack of the whip sounded... "This is what you get for trying to one up me! For trying to make me look like a fool! For failing!" Wolf's scar seared with pain everytime he heard that sound. It was a nightmare he was forced to relive...
A familiar feeling jolted him awake. It was Root, holding onto his right hand. "Hey."
"Hey."
"You look like hell." Wolf managed a weak chuckle. "I would say you should see the other guy, but I'm sure he doesn't have a 9mm hole in his shoulder."
"Come on, let me help you up." Root tried to help Wolf to his feet. Upon realizing he can't put pressure on his left foot, Wolf looked up and said, "I'm having trouble. I think I may have suffered minor nerve damage on my left side. Tell me, where's your rifle?" Root was puzzled. Then, she caught on. "I'll go get it." She walked out and grabbed the case, turned to Sarah, and said, "I'm going to need this. You'll see why in a minute." She returned to the room, assembled the rifle (unloaded, of course), and handed it to Wolf, who then used it to aid hisself to walk around. "I won't be needing this for long. Just until I can put weight on my left side independently again." The couple walked out, and Wolf gave a thank you nod when he saw Sarah, and then made their way outside. Wolf looked at the other four standing outside. He 'walked' his way over to Spence, then said, "Look, I guess I owe you a thank you. So, thank you." He said to his target. "I didn't plan on it happening this way. It was when you," He pointed at the other hunter, "Rushed in and jeopardized my assignment." This time, he spoke to the entire group. "I was assigned a mission for Psyche. It was to kill or capture this man here," he gestured towards Spence, "And my reward was big in my eyes: 50,000 credits..." Wolf paused for awhile. "...And my little sister walks free..." He paused again, this time, taking a deep breath. "I know why Team Psyche is worried about you. Now, they have more worries. I will help you bring down Psyche. I'm Wolf. No, that is not my real name. But I'd rather be called that than anything else. My girlfriend over by the door there is Root. And no, that is not her real name, either." He forced a smirk and leaned over to his right side and heard only one PokeBall clang against the rifle. "Oh no. Seeker! I must of forgot him in the Tower.
"

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:12 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Sounds alright. Good luck, man.))

Spence nodded to his newest member, Trevor, "Sure, if it's safe. Celadon City will be our next destination. Eventually we'll have to take leave here anyway, but in the meanwhile everyone should rest up. It's already in the afternoon, and not every one of us has the stamina you do," he said with a chuckle, stretching his arm for it to crack.

"Psyche already has other reasons for tracking us. It's a blessing they're not already here thanks to some of the group..." Spence ruffled the back of his head, slightly conscious and ashamed of recent events. He could feel a yawn coming on. Spence couldn't wait to finally get some sleep, it had been too long.

"Anyway, I'll be interested in learning of these academies, as well as your name... But right now, if you'd excuse me..." he turned.

Spence went to wonder back inside, he had to make sure of the bounty hunter, if he was okay and that Bill was safe for now. But before he could, the bounty hunter came out with a woman who appeared as if she was his girlfriend. He was using a rifle as a walking crutch for now.

Even with all his swords taken, there was a possibility that the woman would finish the job. Nevertheless, Spence wasn't afraid to speak with them. Why wasn't he more hesitant, and why was Spence so brave where others were not? Was there something he knew that they didn't?

"You're the bounty hunters... correct? Listen, I don't want any trouble from you, nor does the man who shot you, I just want to talk to you and then you're free to do as you please," Spence sighed, looking at the awakened white-haired man with an intent gaze.

"Look, I guess I owe you a thank you. So, thank you. I didn't plan on it happening this way. I was assigned a mission for Psyche. It was to kill or capture this man here," he gestured towards Spence, "And my reward was big in my eyes: 50,000 credits..." Wolf paused for awhile. "...And my little sister walks free..." He paused again, this time, taking a deep breath. "I know why Team Psyche is worried about you. Now, they have more worries. I will help you bring down Psyche. I'm Wolf. No, that is not my real name. But I'd rather be called that than anything else. My girlfriend over by the door there is Root. And no, that is not her real name, either."

"The way you fought; it was for someone, right? I guess it wasn't much of a wild guess, and I'll consider your offer, however... Here," Spence tossed him a pokeball, containing his Haunter. Spence grinned, "He's well trained." Luckily, he had found the pokemon earlier. This was his chance to speak with him, after all.

"Join me and become a member of Team Midnight, but if you do so choose to follow me... I do not condone killing and murder, and I cannot forgive it. Even the act of killing Psyche member soldiers, and that includes everyone here. You do know, even people who work for Psyche now were once like us. There's not a lot of choices left in this world; become a rebel and die, or be slave to the times. Some people may not have had a choice but to join. Do you understand me?"

"In fact, there's a couple of people here already who have escape Psyche, but not without sacrifice... there's not a lot of people who could do that. In fact, the man you fought was the very same, although he didn't join, he has had everything taken from him as well. He is not your enemy, and neither am I." Bill didn't deserve to be attacked, even if he was in the way, Wolf would have killed him to get to Spence. Spence was aware that.

Spence turned his back to them, "I've seen those eyes a thousand times, I know the eyes of a killer when I see it, Wolf."

"We all have skills with or without pokemon, we don't need to kill anyone. We're not Psyche, nor will we act like them."

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"While you're here, you're gonna have to go through me if you want another fight, got it?"
Bill smiled. He really liked the girl. After all, she had saved him. And probably that hunter, too. Hearing the question about Spence though instantly froze his smile.
"Well, yeah, I kinda wanted to join him. My girlfriend was taken by Psyche and, even if she's not dead, she 'd never allow me to help Psyche for her sake. So basically, I wanna destroy Psyche. And if this guy really is Spence, he seems like an ideal ally. But it looks like I screwed up. I brought two hunters upon him, I almost got killed and I almost killed another person. All of this sucks." He moved, groaning until he was sitting on the bed. " Where is Spence? He probably wants to kill me, and he is right. Before considering joining him, I need to apologize... although I hate apologizing almost as much as killing." He tried to get up. "Man, this hunter... He sure knows how to cut. I don't think I have enough strength to walk. Can you help me?"

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"I understand. I only kill whenever I see fit, not because I do it just to do it. I'm not cold-blooded. What happened back there was what happens when my plan cannot work and I'm forced to act. I meant no harm to him, but I felt like he meant to stop me from completing my main objective, so I intended to knock him out, not maim or seriously injure him. You have my word, I will not kill anyone..." Wolf took back the PokeBall. "Thanks." he said. He walked over to the other bedroom. Inside, he knocked on the door. "I'm sorry for attacking you earlier. I had a mission to do, and I viewed you as an obstacle to overcome." He noticed that the man was having trouble even attemting to get up. Wolf swallowed his pride and handed him the rifle. "Trust me, you need it more than I do. It's the least I could do. I knew that I was going to most likely end up in a world of hurt when I saw you pull a gun. It's an occupational hazard. Don't feel bad." He helped the man up and on to the rifle. "Use it like a crutch." Wolf limped out of the room to talk to Root.
"Psyche messed up by sending two hunters without letting either know."
"What happened to my rifle?"
"About that. Call Torren. My job for him is done. And tell him to get ready to do some metal-working, too."

Goodbye
"

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence smiled to himself, he saw through Wolf's lies. The "killing blow" with his sword was intended to be Bill's death. He knew what he saw and felt. However, he'd take Wolf's word for it that he wouldn't kill again.

---

"Your girlfriend was taken...?" Sarah gazed.

Wolf came in and left, with hardly an apology. Sarah tried to help Bill as best she could. "No, you should get more rest! Besides..." she sighed, "Apart from being a little reckless, and... human, you've done nothing wrong. I'm sure he's already forgiven you. Trust me, I've known him for a long time."

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Alex thought about what Spence had said and wasn't sure whether he felt worried or not.

"Talking about your pokemon... I'll get to that later."

There was no way he was giving up his Mightyena. It fought loyaly at his side and always came through in a pinch. He honestly hoped he could add some more pokemon to his belt. After all, how far could he get while working with just one pokemon?

After eying down the group carefully, he tried to get a feel for them all. He was glad that their loyalty was with Midnight. The last thing he needed was for another person to try and turn him in again. Worse yet - turn Spence in as well. Alex's bounty was mere change compared the credit Spence must have been worth.

He felt lectured as Spence spoke though, although he probably should have. Not much blood was on his hands directly, but lives definitely were. After Wolf had walked back to the house and the group had grown silent, Alex perked up.

"So...where to first?" He smirked in anticipation.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The hunter walked in the room.He muttered a quick apology and handed Bill a rifle. "Use it as a crutch." Then he left the room.
Bill frowned. He knew that it probably was a pain for the hunter to apologize, but he still felt like he was being underestimated. Beside him, Sarah tried to put him back to bed and comfort him about Spence. Bill made an irritated movement. "I'm fine, don't worry. It's just the blood loss. I'll be up 'n' running in no time." He eyed the bandage on his arm and sighed. "Although my arm will need a bit more time." He made his way out of the room."Whether he has forgiven me or not, I still need to apologize." He could hear the others outside.
"So where to first?" The guy he had first seen in the tunnel was talking to Spence, the two hunters and another guy that Bill didn't recognize.Wow, this is getting bigger and bigger. He made his way outside.
"Hey, guys... Er, Spence? I know that you 're probably mad at me and you're right. So, I owe you an apology."

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:16 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((You guys don't have to suck up to the leader just because, there's ALLOWED to be conflict in the group, ya know.))

Spence grinned at Alex, "Let's get some rest, okay? We'll take the train in the morning. Celadon City awaits."

Spence turned to head inside, placing sheath and sword beside the door.

"It's fine, Bill. Come along if you want, I won't stop you," Spence fell to the couch, not finding any trouble to snooze right off to sleep.

---

On top of the Psyche Building in the dead of night, in Saffron City, the man who called himself Diseh gazed from the rooftop. He stood above the ledge, watching down from above. The mysterious, ghostly girl revealed herself behind him. A storm approached overhead, but the two of them were not fazed. They both wore purple and gold cloaks. Psyche colours.

"Am I reporting to you now?" The child asked, hesitantly. Thunder struck before a downpour of rain fell upon them.

"...I am No. 3 in ranking,” the dark man answered, speaking over the storm, “I thought the 7th would show more... respect, regarding position."

“Where are the others, No. 1 and No. 2? Aren’t they HIS old friends, too?”

“They’re busy. Besides, why should THEY get their hands dirty on a mere bunch of rebellious brats?”

The little girl huffed.

"Now, now, Catherine... Don't be impolite." Diseh smirked, a light green aura surrounding him, an almost electric pulse of psychic energy, “How’s your friend, Trevor...?”

“...He’s sneaky,” she replied, darkness devouring her body again, “I’ve lost track of him and everyone. Either they know how to avoid me or it's just a coincidence.”

“Strange...” Diseh commented, taking a hand to merely play with the psychic energy in his grasp, “I wonder... can Spence still feel Mewtwo’s presence? See to them, Catherine, find them and swallow them whole.”

The girl smirked, “With pleasure...” the darkness loomed, like a gigantic gaping mouth.

---

*whistling of a sleep melody*

Morning had come, no more fog outside than yesterday in Lavender Town. Spence yawned and stretched awake from his chair as he heard the pacing of footsteps. With a groan, he pulled himself up and went to see what was going on. Sarah was busy packing a suitcase. She had made her decision last night.

"What do you think you're doing?" Spence asked.

"I'm coming with you."

"No, you're not."

"Why?!"

"I said I'd take care of you, not like this. I don't want you involved. I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm already involved, aren't I?"

Spence stayed silent.

"Anyway, who's going to patch you guys up if one of your friends get hurt? Certainly not anyone who only knows how to throw a sword around and bark orders at pokemon," Sarah remarked, packing medical supplies.

Spence couldn't argue with that, "...They're not my friends... Besides, is this what Diseh and Tori would've wanted for you?"

Sarah stopped, eyeing the pokeballs in the cupboard, "...I don't know, because they're dead... But, they lived their lives trying to make a difference, trying to help you... I want to at least do the same, if not for you, for myself. Can you at least try to understand that?"

Spence sighed sadly, trying to find another reason why she should stay, "...I know what you're trying to do. I just don't want you to get hurt the same way..."

"But you won't let that happen, right?" Sarah froze, looking to Spence.

He gazed, taking a deep breath as he looked away, "...No, of course not."

"Good!" Sarah grinned, shutting and dropping her already packed suitcase to the floor. Truth was, she wanted to help Bill find his girlfriend as well.

---

Sarah walked to Alex's room, either still asleep or awake. She held three pokeballs in a blanket and leaned them over to him with a smile, "Spence told me how well you handled yourself with your Mightyena... We thought maybe a new addition to your team was in order."

"Ivysaur, Charmeleon, or Wartortle --- take your pick!"

---

Spence threw his sheath over his shoulder after finding a white-hooded cloak. It was thick, but it enabled him to move around a bit easier. He stretched back and forth, feeling comfortable with his new look.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Well, cosidering Spence didn't yell at Bill, especially after the life threatening remarks about disturbing the graves, I don't think there's much provoking for a conflict.))

Bill opened his eyes.
He could hear Spence and Sarah arguing outside. He smiled. Sarah really was brave, wanting to come with them. He couldn't help admiring her. He was sure that Gina would feel the same. She always appreciated courage.
Gina... The thought of his girlfriend darkened his mood. But now that he was with these guys, he felt he had a chance to save her. After all, they were planning for Celadon. Chances were that Gina was still imprisoned there. So he was covered.
His body felt much lighter now. The night's rest had brought back the strength of his body, although his left hand was still useless and it hurt. Well, what can I do? He reached at the table for his pokeballs and grabbed his jacket. I must ask for a new t-shirt, preferably black. My own is ruined. Man, if he added this to the list, he really was in Sarah's debt. I hope I can repay her somehow. Well, except for the t-shirt and his weapons, he was set to go.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Alex lay awake for most of the night cursing himself for dozing off earlier. Out of boredom he decided to work out as he usually did. In the middle of a set of push-ups, the door knocked him in the head, forcing him to fall on his side. Sarah looked down at him awkwardly as he lay on the floor before progressing further into his room. Alex got to his feet and sat on the edge of the bed and Sarah leaned toward him.

"Ivysaur, Charmeleon, or Wartortle --- take your pick!"

Alex grinned as he picked up the pokeball with Charmeleon enclosed within it. Sarah rolled her eyes in his predictability as Alex released it. In a glow of light Charmeleon emerged, somewhat confused. As it noticed Alex, it raised its claw in anticipation for an attack. Alex laughed lightly and he held his hand out to the lizard. Charmeleon slowly lowered its claw as Alex pat it on the head and returned it to its ball. "I like him, we'll be good friends."

"Of course. Not the level-headed Water-type or the calm Grass-type. You always have to go with the hot-head, don't you?" She scooped the remainder of the pokeballs back into the blanket and turned to walk out. "Don't get too comfortable, we're leaving soon."

Alex looked up at her in confusion. "We?"

Sarah nodded back to him. "I'm coming too."

A smiled crept onto Alex's face. "Are you sure that's--"

"Yes."

Alex shrugged. He knew once Sarah had her mind set that there was no way to change it. It would be nice to have her around again though. Admittedly, he missed the times they'd spent together.

Once Alex was fully dressed and had his pokeballs lined carefully onto his belt, he left the room only to run into Liv. The two exchanged awkward looks. They both felt awful about wanting to leave the other, but haven't gotten around to talking about it openly. "We're leaving soon, you should get ready." Alex spoke, avoiding eye contact with her.

"Actually...I'm going to stay here. Ya know, watch over everything while Sarah is gone..." She looked at him guilt ridden. Alex was struck with relief by her words.

"That's fine. I don't want you getting hurt because of a decision I made." They smiled to each other. It was a good run, the mutual break had to happen.

"Just come back alive, okay?"

Alex met her question with a smirk. "You know I can't stay dead." Alex turned and made his way out to the front room and met with Spence. "Thanks for the newbie. I can't wait to give it a good go." He picked up his knife and pistol. The comfort of having them back felt like a weight off of his shoulders. Alex sat back in one of the chairs to stretched his legs. "So, Celadon? It'll be nice to break out of the usual places. You don't plan on taking the cave though, do you?"

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Silas woke up the next morning and jolted awake before he remembered where he was and what had happened. He smiled and laid back down reaching over and grabbing his pokeballs.

"Hope you guys got some rest. Might be a little hectic from now on, but what else is new?" He said softly with a chuckle.

He rolled out of his bed and got dressed. He walked out and found most of the others awake.

"Good morning everyone." Silas said. "We're heading to Celadon right?"

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wolf walked back to his room and found Root sitting on the edge of his bed. "How'd it go?" Wolf asked. "Well..." Root said. "He needs to talk to you. Something about you being too vague. Wolf scoffed and took the phone. "Torren?"
Torren's voice rang in from the other side of the line like he was in the room with him. "Wooollff!!! Hey man! I hear you got done with what I wanted you to do."
"Yeah. But there is something I need you to do for me."
"Okay. What is it? Metal-working, or something like that?"
"Yeah. Listen, we'll be coming to Celadon tomorrow, and I kind of need you to make me a temporary splint for my left leg. Don't ask why, but I need one." Wolf waited. "Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem."
"Alright. Cool, thanks man. Bye." Wolf cringed and hung up before Torren started yelling through phone. "So Celadon?" Root asked. "Yeah. I'm going to stay up a little while and try to regain my feeling in my left arm."
"I have to go back to the lookout and pick up Max. I'll probably crash there, since I doubt I'll make it back. Where's my rifle?"
"I'll bring it to you tomorrow. Good night." Root replied the same, then left.
------
Wolf woke up and put on his red t-shirt and lifted up his jacket to look at it. No blood stain was visible. Which is why it is maroon, so nobody can see if I am bleeding out. Of course, unless it's obvious like last night. He walked out, grabbed his swords and sheathes, reattached them, dissassembled Root's rifle and put it back in its case, and found Spence. "Hey Spence, do you mind if Root comes with? We kind of work as a team, and persuading her not to come would be like trying to move a brick wall."

Goodbye
"

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next