It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 PWT 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Post PWT
ITT, what were your pokemon that helped you get to the Champion's round and beat it? I kept switching around these guys;

DynamicPunch Machamp - Gilgamesh
Curse Snorlax - Crunchy
Modest-Scarfed Hydreigon - Cyber-End
Jolly Excadrill
Curse Swampert - Mudster
Sleep Talk Suicune - Xaliaphous

It's a pity Curse Snorlax isn't as good as he once was. I ended up winning the Champion set with Machamp, Hydreigon and my Swampert. My heart sunk when I faced Milotic, which I love to hate, but luckily it's Rest made for an easy turn to use Curse and Earthquake it away with Mudster. Finally, a quick way to net Battle Points, at least in the World set!

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I used Naughty Garchomp, Modest Latios and Gentle Cresselia.
My biggest trouble was Cynthia. I could defeat any other Champion one way or another, but she owned me. That damn Garchomp of hers must have 200 atk-200 spd. Worst yet, she never lost to other Champs, so I always had to face her, and lose. In the end, luck smiled upon me. She got eliminated in Round 1 by Red, allowing me to become World's Mightiest and change my TC color.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Last edited by ChillBill on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah...
The team I built to challenge myself was really only usable because Revival Herbs exist. I'm probably going to do a second playthrough with competitive 'mons eventually so I can actually stand a chance. Not even my best old team members pack enough punch. You'd think that a Guts Swellow with Facade, Protect and a Flame Orb would be good enough.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, well, the Champions take everything to a new level. I really think that you need a bit of luck to beat them.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I made a much better team and, after many attempts, won the Champions Tournament! I used the Crown Beast Raikou, the shiny Garchomp I trained up from the Gible that Benga gies you, and the Red Gyarados from SoulSilver. My other party members were Defense Form Deoxys, Genesect, and a Shiny Emboar (the one I hatched).

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]