It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 So what about Psypoke? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When I first joined the community (with a different account) 2-3 years ago, the site was bustling with life. Frequent posts, many topics, a lot of people. Now, all's different. Posts in the main site are made once in blue moon, topics remain unanswered, and 90% of recent posts belong to me, khoufou, Samurott, DNA and a few others. Even well-known members, such as Frost, are not posting anymore. The last post about BW2 only has 3 talkbacks. Is it just me, or is the site slowly dying, at least as a community?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Last edited by ChillBill on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sadly, yup.
Try to bring some more people. ;)

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, you see, there is this wonderful thing called school. Now, I know that there is a majority of teenagers and young adults here, most of which go to high school or college, and/or have a job this time of year. It usually pick up in the summertime.

Goodbye
"

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Still, it gets a bit too much. I'm 17, I have lots of stuff to do, yet I always manage to spare 30 mins to post. How old are you Samurott? Besides, in the past, there was of course more action in the summer, but autumn wasn't so dead either.
Well, the problem might be that we don't have many new members and many of our older members are growing up and they stop playing. Pony's suggestion might sound good. Only that I'm living in a city of 150,000, and there aren't any people I know who play Pokemon...

Last edited by ChillBill on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Eh... I'm 18, nearly 19, graduated from high school, and got nothing much to do because I'm not going to college this year due to reasons only known to my family and me. But I don't really frequent here much anymore because, well, honestly, there's really nothing going on here :/ I guess the less people post, the less people want to come to the forums. The less people want to come to the forums, the less people post. It works that way, sadly... :/

And it seems Pokemon just doesn't really interest me too much anymore ><' I mean, I love Pokemon and stuff; it's just that I can't keep up with the new things and stuff, and that's what's kind of isolating me from the others who seem to be always up-to-date on what's cool and what's new and stuff of Pokemon.

It's probably because I don't venture out of the few websites I actually go on, but... meh. There's my two cents on why some people may or may not post here. Some people just have gotten bored of the site, or aren't wanting to post because others aren't posting.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As mentioned in the 1st post, there really isn't much going on, which probably repels. And you're probably right, torchie. If people see no new posts, they find no reason to post something themselves. Sad, but true.
But still, I hate just standing there, watching the site that made me the real deal in terms of Pokemon knowledge pass away...

Last edited by ChillBill on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

The community goes through lulls every once and awhile but it always picks itself back up eventually. I've been here for 13 years -- more than half my life -- and it happens. Nothing's dead. As for the main site, Jiggz has been busy at his job lately, and I've spent the better part of the last three months working on a soul-crushing project that I hope will be on the main site soon. And there's a BW2 walkthrough in progress as long as EvilPenguin doesn't abandon it.

To be honest, I noticed that things here seemed really slow after BW came out. Unlike with DP, nobody was rushing to talk about the games once they had come out in any way, even though there was a ton of discussion in the pre-release period for it. It's why I felt validation in thinking that BW were extremely mediocre.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

For me, I'm either too busy or have no interest in contributing to the recent topics. I tried generating interest by hosting a Jeopardy and Trivia in the summer but the turn out was pretty low. These games used to be very popular in the past but I suppose since the host was a relatively unknown user people weren't too interested. I'm planning to do another one at the end of December by the way so clear your schedules!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I hope that Frost is right and that we will pick up pace again soon. Nothing would please me more.

Last edited by ChillBill on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I'll help with the recovery. I haven't been on in quite a while, but while I was active, I loved this place.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'll try. Everyone just has their days, you know? I'm glad to see you worried.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Coliflowerz wrote:
I'm glad to see you worried.

Oh really? You enjoy my sorrow?
Kidding. Thanks a lot, everyone. You've really given me hope.

Last edited by ChillBill on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, this place has always had its ups and downs in terms of traffic, but, as with anything in life, patience is rewarding. Just keep checking the site. It's always been more laid back than that site with the Koffing, and more orderly than that site with the Celebi. So what if we have fewer people, that just means everyone can get to know each other better.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Maybe BW2 will bring more people later, trying to find some Pokemon or find something.
Or even the next pokemon game, who is supposed to be a remake of sapphire, ruby and emerald.
They will come...

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I hope they will. My trading thread has been a bit down recently.
Oh well, I guess that the community is better than serebii's, but we haven't got much on the new games. When will EvilPenguin resume writing the walkthrough? 'Cos serebii already has the whole thing. I know it's not a race or something, just wondering.
Edit: Wow, censorship is HELL? Fancy that!

Last edited by ChillBill on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

ChillBill wrote:
I hope they will. My trading thread has been a bit down recently.
Oh well, I guess that the community is better than HELL's, but we haven't got much on the new games. When will EvilPenguin resume writing the walkthrough? 'Cos HELL already has the whole thing already. I know it's not a race or something, just wondering.

FYI, the site automatically censors the names of rival sites. That's why I used vague references.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No, it just censors Serebi's. You can still type Smogon.

Goodbye
"

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oops, I had no idea. I had seen Smogon written before, and I thought that it worked with all.
This won't get me into trouble, right?

Last edited by ChillBill on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:24 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Serebii is the only one filtered because it's the most likely one for silly newcomers to linkspam even when we probably have the same information on our site*. Smogon, Bulbagarden, Pokebeach, etc. don't have that problem as much and there's a lot of areas of information that they cover in great detail that we sort of... don't, or at least haven't.

* - If any rival site has a page covering stuff that we don't have on Psypoke, then by all means, share it if it's relevant to the topic at hand. The word filter was added to dissuade people from linking to widespread stuff like Pokedex pages when, you know, we have a Pokedex too.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, what they have is many information on BW2. But I guess that we will get it sooner or later, and in more detail(I always liked the detail of Psypoke walkthroughs). Let's close this subject, 'cos it makes me feel like a serebi agent.
I was thinking of what we could do to attract people. What about the teams? Is it possible to bring them back? Also, we could try to update topics considering general knowledge, such as breeding. I think that there are many topics that don't have Gen V info.

Last edited by ChillBill on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, teams are coming back, in about three years and two months, but, meh, who knows? A lot can change in a year alone. The site is still relatively up-to-date in some things, imo.
Speaking of teams, I have an idea for something for pre-teams, and it happened, like six or so years back, and I was thinking of doing it. Who can I talk to about that?

Goodbye
"

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Your idea gets me fired up. It wouldn't be bad to try. Maybe we should ask an admin. What about Frost?

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Smogon isn't censored? Neat. You learn something new every day.

Mektar out.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
Posts in the main site are made once in blue moon, topics remain unanswered, and 90% of recent posts belong to me, khoufou, Samurott, DNA and a few others.

Why am I on that list? I come here once every 2 weeks and/or whenever I remember to do so. I am not the best person to cite in terms of how active I am.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You were more active 2 months ago. At least that's what I think. If I'm mistaken, sorry. What I actually did with the list was refer to some members that were active at least a few times in the past month. I didn't mean to promote or accuse someone. Sorry if I gave that impression to anyone.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next