It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Just... Why *facedesk* 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Everyone here knows about PETA (people for the ethical treatment of animals) and their radical campaigns in the past, including their protest against Mario about how he apparently wanted kids to wear fur because of the Tanooki Suit. But now, in their never-ending idiocy, they have created a poor-quality flash game to protest Black and White 2. It revolves around freeing Pokemon from the liberation of "their cruel trainers".

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

PETA.... Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:
Everyone here knows about PETA (people for the ethical treatment of animals) and their radical campaigns in the past, including their protest against Mario about how he apparently wanted kids to wear fur because of the Tanooki Suit. But now, in their never-ending idiocy, they have created a poor-quality flash game to protest Black and White 2. It revolves around freeing Pokemon from the liberation of "their cruel trainers".

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

PETA.... Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

...Is N their director?

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Subliminal messages everywhere! 0_o
At least Zekrom doesn't have a real-life counterpart... I hope.

Goodbye
"

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

While I do agree that PETA has done some outrageous and...unsavory things, I really can't deny that their cause is a noble one. Many people are unaware of the ways animals are treated in laboratory experiments and livestock holdings, and others actively try not to think about it. The sad fact of the matter is that there is more interest is immediate gratification than proper treatment of the animals that we, as a people, rely on.... *steps off soapbox*

Back to the matter at hand, I took a few minutes to play through the game, and I have to say, it is pretty hilarious. You can tell that whomever wrote the dialogue has probably played the games themselves.

Don't automatically look on this with disdain...try to see the comedic value in it!

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kurushel wrote:
While I do agree that PETA has done some outrageous and...unsavory things, I really can't deny that their cause is a noble one. Many people are unaware of the ways animals are treated in laboratory experiments and livestock holdings, and others actively try not to think about it. The sad fact of the matter is that there is more interest is immediate gratification than proper treatment of the animals that we, as a people, rely on.... *steps off soapbox*

This. I don't believe in many of the ways that some animal protection groups go about their business, but their goals are ones I admire. That said, they probably wouldn't be so renowned if they weren't so outrageous... So I guess there's pros and cons to everything.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

@PETA: wtf were you thinking? It's a game, get over it.
Yes, it is important that animals aren't treated cruelly but this... why? Find a more rational, less extreme, way to get the message across.
And get the facts right, don't flame something using incorrect info, it makes you look stupid. Pikachu hasn't been in a pokéball for years, and Ash's Pokémon actually volunteer to battle, even when he doesn't want them to. Pikachu is probably the least likely to start a rebellion (maybe tepig would though :? )
And Pokémon don't just battle for our entertainment, they dress up and prance around on stage too ;)

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I fear you may be missing the point. PETA is not necessarily protesting the games. They are using the "pokeverse" as a medium through which they might teach children about animal cruelty.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Team Plasma should be taking notes.

This is just a way for PETA to get the message out. Sometimes you gotta do crazy stuff to get the message out , Simple as that.

(I do Agree With dragoboy though. Should be more like Pokemon revolting against Team Rocket or something like that, not the pokemon that are treated with kindness revolting.....sorta sends mixed messages)

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kurushel wrote:
I fear you may be missing the point. PETA is not necessarily protesting the games. They are using the "pokeverse" as a medium through which they might teach children about animal cruelty.

Teaching childrens?
This video game is kind of violent, with blood and stuff.
I don't know if this was supposed to be played by kids...

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GhostPony750 wrote:
Kurushel wrote:

Teaching childrens?
This video game is kind of violent, with blood and stuff.
I don't know if this was supposed to be played by kids...

What? Are you kid- No! Please! Stop!
Because everytime a pokemon gets hit they bleed. And when they're at, like, 1 HP and paralyzed, 'FINISH HIM' flashes on screen. Oh, oh! And a OHKO is a fatality. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Pony, I don't think we are talking about the same game here. I could be wrong, but last I checked, Pokemon has no blood, however 'violent' it is.

Goodbye
"

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:34 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

In reference to the PETA game, Samurott... not pokemon

I wouldn't put anything past PETA, pony. Besides, there are far worse games out there.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I knew a girl in high school who was a PETA member. She flaunted it whenever she could. :roll: But once I told her that I had several pets and she flipped out and told me how cruel I was for keeping animals when they should be "wild and free". I just don't understand the logic of some PETA members. They claim keeping animals as pets is cruel, when the owners do nothing but feed, love, and care for them. While PETA demands we set them free where they could starve or be killed.

ImageImage ImageImageImage Image

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kurushel wrote:

I wouldn't put anything past PETA, pony. Besides, there are far worse games out there.

Oh, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out for me, Kurushel. Sorry Pony.
But in all seriousness, I see the reasoning and logic in their cause, but they've become horribly stupid and creul. Someone needs to make a new animal rights group, one that's not so extremist. Maybe that's just the hunter in me talking, but we really need a new and improved version of PETA.

Goodbye
"

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
Kurushel wrote:

But in all seriousness, I see the reasoning and logic in their cause, but they've become horribly stupid and creul. Someone needs to make a new animal rights group, one that's not so extremist. Maybe that's just the hunter in me talking, but we really need a new and improved version of PETA.

Actually, I think they do a decent job of spreading their message (so at least not stupid; and I'm not sure how they're being cruel, at least in this instance). Their extremism gets them onto the news; every time they're on the news, people remember, "oh yeah, they're protesting cruelty to animals." Hypothetically, people then treat their pets nicer, or police themselves after that. I mean, how many people do you see imitating PETA? Not many. So yes, I agree that they're extremist, which is often annoying; but they do a better job of getting the message out there than most moderate groups could do.

Basically, what GofD said.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:

It's ok ;)

Actually, we can't freed the animals
1. There is too much of them
2. There's not enough space for them (Sadly, humans take all possible places...)
3. They are used to being feed by us, so they maybe couldn't find any food

It's sad. but we can't kill all the humans...

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:01 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

This is all just an analogy, people. Don't freak out. Although, I do agree in that they could have picked a much better example, IE: McDonalds chickens breaking out of their pens and going on a rampage, pecking people's eyes out, etc. And actualy, the first Pokemon movie does an even better job at illustrating the irony of the subject. Look it up.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh god, I never intended this thread to be a debate about ethics and all that, I just wanted to share their pathetic parody with you guys. I can't believe how far this spiraled out of control.

And Mektar, you're right, it does really point out the irony in the whole matter. XD

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, so I just played through the game. It's uh, pretty dumb. It grabs your attention, for sure. But the strategy that I used going through the game was actually extremely similar (worse, actually) to the way that I played the actual Pokemon games. I just sent out the weakest Pokemon first, did as much damage as possible before they fainted, then swapped in the newest Pokemon, who had the most health. It honestly seemed kinda brutal to me.

Also, I kinda wonder if they're going to have copyright issues. Do you think that GameFreak will go after them or something? Or do you think that they made sure to get whatever legalities may be concerned in this instance out of the way?

I found it funny that they made Ash remark that Pikachu was always in his ball. Most other points (such as Ghetsis referring to the twist ending of the last game) seemed like they were decently-researched; but that was a little too much, since Ash cared a lot for Pikachu in the anime and NEVER put him in his ball. The circus-master costume was also a little much.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I played it. It's actually pretty fun.
What are the cards? I got the download link but I'm not allowed to download stuff on my parents' computer, so I couldn't see what they were.

Image (by Ender)

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Savanny wrote:
I knew a girl in high school who was a PETA member. She flaunted it whenever she could. :roll: But once I told her that I had several pets and she flipped out and told me how cruel I was for keeping animals when they should be "wild and free". I just don't understand the logic of some PETA members. They claim keeping animals as pets is cruel, when the owners do nothing but feed, love, and care for them. While PETA demands we set them free where they could starve or be killed.

You're right ... PETA believes that keeping your wonderful companion dog or cat ... an animal which you love and loves you ... is completely wrong. They would rather see your dog dead than live with you. PETA is an inhumane organization.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

A slightly older page with links to Ingrid Newkirks' own "admissions"; http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm

I have not gone and looked at this game. I will not give PETA's web site my "hit". They do not deserve even that. PETA is a horrible organization who hides behind the endorsements of "stars" and behind fancy words which end up being lies.

I am sorry to be so intense about this. But they are not worthy of any of the positive attention they get. They say they want to keep us from needlessly killing animals, but then turn around and kill thousands themselves. I don't know about you ... but I call that hypocrisy.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

PETA are definitely extremists, even misanthropic to an extent. But still, sometimes they manage to catch some attention and serve a useful purpose. They are far from perfect, but do we have any others who can do the job better?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Last edited by ChillBill on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:05 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

BarnOwl wrote:
Savanny wrote:

You're right ... PETA believes that keeping your wonderful companion dog or cat ... an animal which you love and loves you ... is completely wrong. They would rather see your dog dead than live with you. PETA is an inhumane organization.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

A slightly older page with links to Ingrid Newkirks' own "admissions"; http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm

I have not gone and looked at this game. I will not give PETA's web site my "hit". They do not deserve even that. PETA is a horrible organization who hides behind the endorsements of "stars" and behind fancy words which end up being lies.

I am sorry to be so intense about this. But they are not worthy of any of the positive attention they get. They say they want to keep us from needlessly killing animals, but then turn around and kill thousands themselves. I don't know about you ... but I call that hypocrisy.

rex09 wrote:
Samurott wrote:
Kurushel wrote:

[color=cyan]Oh, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out for me, Kurushel. Sorry Pony.

Actually, I think they do a decent job of spreading their message (so at least not stupid; and I'm not sure how they're being cruel, at least in this instance). Their extremism gets them onto the news; every time they're on the news, people remember, "oh yeah, they're protesting cruelty to animals." Hypothetically, people then treat their pets nicer, or police themselves after that. I mean, how many people do you see imitating PETA? Not many. So yes, I agree that they're extremist, which is often annoying; but they do a better job of getting the message out there than most moderate groups could do.

Basically, what GofD said.
You were saying?

Goodbye
"

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frankly I think PETA is a pointless organization. Anyone who treats their animals with cruelty is NOT going to be swayed by a group of extreme people running around making free-the-pokemon games and throwing blood on people. People who mistreat animals are sick in the head ALREADY, so PETA really doesn't do anything except alienate normal, good-minded people who treat their pets/etc well.

Which is why PETA isn't about pets, their strongest message can be/sometimes is about animal treatment from big food companies, etc. And while THAT is a cause I can rationally understand, their methods make them out as all but villains to the majority of the populace (imo).

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]