It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Black and White FAQ and Help 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This question isn't specific to BW, but I've been wondering this awhile...

For anyone that EV trains their Pokemon, how do you count the EVs you gain? On a piece of paper or something? Or is there some other in-game method? Also, if you give a Pokemon an Exp. Share, are EVs also split?

@Samurott

Firstly, you need to get a trainer account on Pokemon.com. Once you're done setting up, sinc your game card with your account with a code you can access in the main menu (the one with Mystery Gift). Use the C-Gear to tuck in your Pokemon via "Online" and once it's asleep, log on to the Global Link and you can access the DreamWorld. I haven't gotten my Togekiss yet, so I'm assuming that right when you access the DreamWorld the event will engage immediately, depending on either the date you put on the Trainer Club account or on your DS. Hope this answers your question!

sad but rad

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Would I need wi-fi for this? If yes, where can I get a usb connector, since any other method is a bitch to do.

Goodbye
"

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:30 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Dragonair101 wrote:
This question isn't specific to BW, but I've been wondering this awhile...

For anyone that EV trains their Pokemon, how do you count the EVs you gain? On a piece of paper or something? Or is there some other in-game method? Also, if you give a Pokemon an Exp. Share, are EVs also split?

I count them in my head, using the PP I burned up to do so. Usually 1 PP equates to 1 kill, the way I do it...and 1 kill could be anywhere between 2 and 14 EVs, depending on my target/Power Items/PokeRus.

And EVs aren't split, but if you give a Pokemon an EXP Share, it'll receive the EVs for that Pokemon. e.g. Cofagrigus gives 2 Def EVs, so if you give something an EXP Share, that plus all the other combatants get 2 Def EVs (plus whatever bonuses might exist, such as PokeRus).

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Samurott wrote:
Would I need wi-fi for this? If yes, where can I get a usb connector, since any other method is a bitch to do.

Yeah, you need Wi-Fi. I was actually looking for one of those when I was trying to connect to Wi-Fi. From what I've heard, the USBs are not supported by Nintendo anymore, so you should configure your router instead to do Nintendo Wi-Fi. I'm not any wonder with tech and I was still able to do it. (Not just that, but USB is for the original DS, so it may not fit in any slot on the DSi/DSi XL/3DS, depending on the kind of DS you have.) They're on Amazon, though, if you want to take that risk.

sad but rad

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I dont have ANY wi-fi, meaning no router. But I guess I could still always try with the usb.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi, I'm new to this so bare with me, I'm looking for a crown beast to unlock zoroark on my english white version. I've beat the game so have a few decent pokes I could trade for it, any reply would be much appreciated.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:22 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Trade requests go in the Pokemon Stadium forum.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Can you change your pokemon trainer card?

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

How do you want to change it? You can sign your card, change what kind of trainer you are, input a greeting and change your nature. You can tap the nature (careful, timid, etc.) to change it, and your trainer type (hiker, scientist, etc.).

Image (by Ender)

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi I'm looking for some Pokemon trades
I have lots of legendaries and I'm in search of a Latios in my Pokemon black right now, since i dont have a spare to transfer. I'm willing to offer some legendaries. If you can help me out it'd be great.
Pkmn black fc: 2494 9822 2022

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Welcome to Psypoke, but this isn't the place for trades. As F_W previously said:
Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
Trade requests go in the Pokemon Stadium forum.

Goodbye
"

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Guys i am wondering. i have restarted the game and i wonder what would be a good final pokemon. i currently have a carracosta w/ sturdy. it knows aqua jet/ surf/ stone edge/ brick break. a lampent w/ flame body. it knows flame burst/ will-o-wisp/ hex/ shadow ball. a scrafty w/ moxie. it knows hi jump kick/faint attack/payback/ and stone edge. a sigilyph w/magic guard. it knows fly/psychic/air slash/ hypnosis. a ferrothorn w/iron barbs. it knows gyro ball/ power whip/ curse/thunder wave. Sadly I can not trade with anyone and need an opinion on what might be good. i don`t want to intermix my types and was thinking something like eelektross or haxorus or vanilluxe. voice your opinion and help a fellow trainer

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:03 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Haxorus is an absolutely amazing choice. It's got titanic Attack and with Mold Breaker and Dragon Dance that stat can soar even higher. Plus, it isn't that difficult to find (Mistralton Cave) so catching one should be easy.

Go for it. You will not be disappointed.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Get a Haxorus and name it Haxor. Or Hacker.

Image (by Ender)

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

This is mainly a sequel question, but all the same; can you still use Entralink and do the minigames with a friend just DS to DS, or is it all wifi now? I ask this because basically I find three of the pass powers useful for the hidden grottoes, and I have no idea if leveling the Entree alone will get me up to the level I need for the power.

If anyone can answer this, it'd be very appreciated. I've been looking for awhile as well as trying to find the answer in-game myself. I think I leveled up with the berry minigame, on a repeat mission... But I'm not certain. And if it is all wifi, I want to at least know if I can reach the level (although slowly) to get the pass power I want.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I believe Entralink is only wireless.

-----

Also, I have a question: How do I go to someone's world? Can the Entralink still work the same as it did in B/W?

Image (by Ender)

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
Also, I have a question: How do I go to someone's world? Can the Entralink still work the same as it did in B/W?

The BW2 Entralink is different from the BW1 Entralink (as are their Xtransceivers). They can't communicate from 2 to 1 and vice versa; it's either 1 to 1 or 2 to 2. You can't use a BW2 Entralink to go to someone else's world, nor can you use the BW1 Entralink to go to a BW2 person's world.

I do know in the BW2 Entralink you can do the minigames all by yourself, but you'll only get Entree levels for your own version. Presumably, you'll get levels from the other games if you play with more people. I have not used BW2's Entralink or Xtransceiver to communicate with other people yet, but I'm going to try to eventually.

And yes, it's only wireless, not Wifi.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Drat. The Entralink, well, almost the entirety of the new C-Gear is pretty much my only complaint about the new games.

Image (by Ender)

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Question because I'm getting desperate.
The gift Eevee you receive in White 2, can it be female?
I've checked Serebii, and they don't say it's gender is predetermined. But I've reset my game 37 times at time of writing, and still nothing.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Female eevees are predominantly rare and although it is possible to get a female the chances are more lopsided than 1/37 so I would keep trying.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

eevee-master wrote:
Question because I'm getting desperate.
The gift Eevee you receive in White 2, can it be female?
I've checked HELL, and they don't say it's gender is predetermined. But I've reset my game 37 times at time of writing, and still nothing.

I would just take it and breed it with a ditto.

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, it's not exactly like that. The gift Eevee has its DW ability, so breeding requires female to pass the ability.
And as a matter of fact, I also reset the game 50 times. I still couldn't get female. So in the end I got a male. I haven't seen it anywhere, but all seem to ask if there is a chance for a female 'cos they don't get one. So I guess it can't be. Still, I might be wrong.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Where is a guide to all the Dream World events? I lost the link to a good one and the DW events aren't exactly on this side.

Image (by Ender)

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:23 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Dream World Pokemon - Nature vs IV's:

With Dream World abilities only being passed down by the female pokes, is it wiser to choose Nature over IV's, or vice versa?

For instance ... today I was SRing my female Sandshrew for an Adamant or Impish nature. Upon the 3rd try, I received one with a Rash nature ... not exactly beneficial. However, it has 31 Def IV's, 31 SDef IV's, and 29 Spe IV's. It is still sitting on my DS (unsaved and plugged in, of course) in hopes that someone will kindly give me some advice. It would be very much appreciated!

WHT2 FC: 3010 9810 2280 Elvira
Pokemon X and Y: 1263-6806-3915 Elle

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Generally speaking, natures can be passed as well. Just have one of the parents hold an Everstone. Specifically speaking, about your Sandshrew... Well, you can keep it, I guess. Unless the SpDef drop bothers you too much.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next