It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:58 am



Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What drives you insane? 
Author Message
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm
Posts: 944
Location: I am Error.
It would be a good game if there were less items and more racing, really.
I never really liked Mario's sports game. The characters are always yelling their names, And there's always items :cry:
Mario Kart Wii was the worst: You barely touch a wall and you lose all your speed. Horrible physics. Very annoying.

Sparrow wrote:
Mario Kart 64 is the best guys. If you disagree you're wrong.

This game was much better than the new ones, I agree.
For the Nintendo 64, great game.
The best games were actually on Nintendo 64: Zelda Ocarina of Time (Of Course!!!), Mario 64, Super Smash Bros.,

_________________
Still searching for shiny Rapidash, hatched 1000 eggs!
Image
Thanks DragoBoy for this awesome sig and Mektar for the astonishing avatar!!!


Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2175
Location: In your house, nunchuking all of your shit.
Except you forgot to mention that in the 3D 64-bit games, they'd suck because the camera kills you half the time.
You know what bugs me? That new Dell commercial, where the girl "learns" to fly by using a green screen. They make it look way too easy to do. There is a reason why they don't allow morons to do green screens.

_________________
"As I look up from the ground
I see darkness all around
And I'm lost but can be found up in the sky
Goodbye
"


Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:21 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 am
Posts: 397
Location: Movieland
Super Mario 64's camera was only improved upon in Sunshine. What in the hell is even going on with Galaxy's crappy camera. Why it it so restricted so much of the time? What do you mean I can't use the first-person view in most areas of the level? What.

3D Land doesn't really have a camera problem because it's always fixed and always has a good angle going on. But I wish there were a first-person view besides the little binoculars some levels have.

Zelda's camera system has remained relatively the same in all 3D entries (this excludes the DS games) except for Wind Waker, which also included a free camera control akin to Sunshine's. Which is good because Ocarina got it right the first time and it seems for most other things Nintendo does right the first time, they try to fix what isn't broken and things don't get better that way.

_________________
Whoever wins... has to change into a yellow outfit, okay?


Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:08 pm
Posts: 105
Location: San Francisco
One thing. One bloody thing. Whiners. I can't stand whining. I think it's obnoxious, immature, and annoying. Well, there are two types of whining. There is making a point; pointing out a flaw in something and giving perfectly good reasons why it is a flaw, and for bonus points, taking steps to resolve the issue. Then there's ****ing whining, where people nag "Why is it like this" or "Why do I have to do that", with their reason it sucking being simply "It sucks", then not doing anything at all about it or, even worse, giving that "responsibility" to someone else. Even worse, complaining about something that someone put obvious hard work in, and not acknowledging that hard work. That's the most depressing thing in the world, and I can't stand it.

And while we were on the subject of religious views being annoying... like, a month ago... as a Christian, I did think that gay marriage was unacceptable. Looking back now I realize that's horribly close-minded. People who follow that path aren't hurting me, so really, why should I care? I should just let people be happy. I am constantly annoyed by people expecting me to do things because of my religion, like praying before I eat the way it "should" be done, or going to church at the "proper" times. I don't get why people don't understand that there are different ways to serve the big G. Also, when people call me out for being a Christian and doing things like swearing. I understand where they are coming from, but there isn't any reason to call me out on that when you do it yourself.

While I'm somewhat touching this subject, I hate people with closed-minds. Open your ideas! There are more things than just the things in your world. This especially annoys me in things like music and video games. For God's sake, all because it doesn't have blood, guns, and online play doesn't make it a bad game.

But yeah... the world is wonderful, ain't it?

_________________
Image
http://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz?feature=mhee


Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:47 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2511
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
What drives me insane...

1. The idea that marriage is something sacred in anyway.
2. Games that are just plain hard as stick & not actually an enjoyable challenge if one at all.
3. Politics in general.
4. When people are quick to assume anything with no good reason for their accusation.

That's all I can think of so far, was some stuff about women & society I wanted to add but couldn't currently figure out what it is so it will be for later I suppose...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:39 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2175
Location: In your house, nunchuking all of your shit.
Coliflowerz wrote:
And while we were on the subject of religious views being annoying... like, a month ago... as a Christian, I did think that gay marriage was unacceptable. Looking back now I realize that's horribly close-minded. People who follow that path aren't hurting me, so really, why should I care? I should just let people be happy. I am constantly annoyed by people expecting me to do things because of my religion, like praying before I eat the way it "should" be done, or going to church at the "proper" times. I don't get why people don't understand that there are different ways to serve the big G. Also, when people call me out for being a Christian and doing things like swearing. I understand where they are coming from, but there isn't any reason to call me out on that when you do it yourself.

While I'm somewhat touching this subject, I hate people with closed-minds. Open your ideas! There are more things than just the things in your world. This especially annoys me in things like music and video games. For God's sake, all because it doesn't have blood, guns, and online play doesn't make it a bad game.

Thank you! Close-mindedness is the death of progress.
And the amount of non-shooter or non-fighting games is ridiculously small, I agree.
Anyways, I hate middle schoolers. They probably have little say in the matter since they are going through the first stages of "identifiable" puberty, so they have, like, little control over their actions or bodies. But they are ignorant, arrogant, stupid, and obnoxious. Yesterday, at tennis practice, two 7th grade girls were taunting us and said "Oh, look! Boys playing tennis! Because that's soo cool!" To which the coach, who is very quick witted and intellegent, replied back within a second, "So is repeating the 7th grade two times." They deserved it. But today... Today showed how immature they are. Imagine my surprise when I saw, and then the team saw, a kid climbing up the side of the building to get a couple of balls. Wtf? And if that's not stupid enough (I wanted him to break his leg on the landing), as he's getting down, the others are taking potshots at him. I was wondering if I should be laughing or worried. So I laughed. Their stupidity is their own punishment.

_________________
"As I look up from the ground
I see darkness all around
And I'm lost but can be found up in the sky
Goodbye
"


Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:06 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1309
Samurott wrote:
Anyways, I hate middle schoolers. They probably have little say in the matter since they are going through the first stages of "identifiable" puberty, so they have, like, little control over their actions or bodies. But they are ignorant, arrogant, stupid, and obnoxious. Yesterday, at tennis practice, two 7th grade girls were taunting us and said "Oh, look! Boys playing tennis! Because that's soo cool!" To which the coach, who is very quick witted and intellegent, replied back within a second, "So is repeating the 7th grade two times." They deserved it. But today... Today showed how immature they are. Imagine my surprise when I saw, and then the team saw, a kid climbing up the side of the building to get a couple of balls. Wtf? And if that's not stupid enough (I wanted him to break his leg on the landing), as he's getting down, the others are taking potshots at him. I was wondering if I should be laughing or worried. So I laughed. Their stupidity is their own punishment.

Because surely you were never a middle schooler.

It seems to me that the older we get, the more we despise those younger than us. But to be honest, although I'm not really criticizing doing so (since that would make me a hypocrite), I think we need to take into perspective that as older, hopefully more mature people, we have a lot more experience. There is a lot of maturing that goes on between middle school and high school; even between grades in high school. Yes, what they did is stupid and immature; but obviously not every middle schooler will be like. Hell, those particular ones probably aren't even like that all the time. So yes, watching people act with less maturity than we ourselves have is frustrating; but is it necessary to bash them all for the sake of a few?

What really drives me insane is how people get worked up over little things. Relax a little.

_________________
Image


Last edited by rex09 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:16 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 am
Posts: 397
Location: Movieland
I wonder about that. Between the types who revile the young and those who seem to believe kids can't think or will repeat absolutely everything they see on TV or in video games, I wonder about how many adults remember what it was like to be a kid at all. I do

_________________
Whoever wins... has to change into a yellow outfit, okay?


Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 2920
Location: clegavel
Quote:
It seems to me that the older we get, the more we despise those younger than us.

I am guilty of that and I admit it. I wonder if by the time I'm 30 I'm going to be annoyed with all of the young people, not just those in their teens.
It's probably because I hated myself so much as a child and all the stupid mistakes I did that I tend to be aggravated by people younger than me, because I know they're going to make the same kind of mistakes...so I believe.

I wasn't okay with my own personality until I was 18 or so. So many dumb things in my past...things I never want to relive.

_________________
Hey guys, watch me dolo my way through Ruby.
Also, check out some cool YT channels I frequent.

Image


Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:17 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:41 am
Posts: 21
Location: United States
When you take the time to be nice and explain something Absolutely clearly for someone and then that person completely ignores what you said.
...And then they ask you to explain yourself again.

_________________
{eevee}

Choices, choices...


Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:35 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1309
I think as far as the whole reviling the young thing, it applies up until people have kids, since obviously it's rather counter-productive to hate your kids just because of their age/immaturity :p . Or maybe it mellows out at some point.... Or we just all evolve into curmudgeons yelling at kids to get off our lawn, dammit :O

@Noob: Yes, I agree. But unfortunately, I'm hard of hearing, so I've probably frustrated a bunch of people this way.

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:00 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2175
Location: In your house, nunchuking all of your shit.
When my parents compare me when to how they were as an example.
Well, of course you didn't have a cell phone at age 16. Of course you didn't have video games when you were growing up. How's this going to help your point?

_________________
"As I look up from the ground
I see darkness all around
And I'm lost but can be found up in the sky
Goodbye
"


Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:33 am
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 2920
Location: clegavel
Noob wrote:
When you take the time to be nice and explain something Absolutely clearly for someone and then that person completely ignores what you said.
...And then they ask you to explain yourself again.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

There's one guy I deal with on another forum who is just like this. I found out that he's mentally handicapped (Asperger's or something), but I still don't think that's an excuse to ignore a differing opinion to your own.
...He also tends to repeat himself a lot, but I let that slide.

_________________
Hey guys, watch me dolo my way through Ruby.
Also, check out some cool YT channels I frequent.

Image


Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:05 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:41 am
Posts: 21
Location: United States
rex09 wrote:
@Noob: Yes, I agree. But unfortunately, I'm hard of hearing, so I've probably frustrated a bunch of people this way.


I can completely understand if you're hard of hearing or handicapped in and other shape of form, I'm lenient with people I don't know.
It's just people I have known for a long time really well that bother me when they do that. especially when they ask for advice and flat-out do the opposite and blame me for bad advice.

_________________
{eevee}

Choices, choices...


Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:57 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2175
Location: In your house, nunchuking all of your shit.
Oh, hi Karma! When did you get back? How was your summer?
I guess I should explain the reasoning behind my earlier post about middle schoolers because lo and behold! Sixth day of school and I found someone new to devastate. A Softy (my word for sophomores). Apparently, because of my speech not being spot on, a chest deformity, and the fact that I'm retaking a class that I failed in 10th grade, he thinks he's better than me. We'll see about that.
What does all this have to do with explaining myself?
I never acted this way. I wasn't some douche bag who doesn't know how to mind his tongue. I respected the upperclassmen. I didn't povoke them. I wasn't some headstrong idiot who thinks that anyone smaller, smarter, or doesn't play football shouldn't have a misery-free life.
But if he wants war, war he shall get!

_________________
"As I look up from the ground
I see darkness all around
And I'm lost but can be found up in the sky
Goodbye
"


Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:28 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:33 am
Posts: 1200
Location: Pretty much anywhere, and always running
People that never do anything but complain.

_________________
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
- The Book Thief


Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:02 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1309
twistedturtwig wrote:
People that never do anything but complain.

I can't agree more.

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.