It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Your most frustrating game EVER! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For me, no game was more painful and frustrating than this:
Yep, its Mario.

The main annoying parts were that the characters were harder than usual to control (it took a while to stop moving when you're moving instead of very quickly stopping, and jumping was rather extreme) and that it was too easy to die (You could hardly touch a foe (sometimes it appears that you didn't even touch them) and you'd die. In this one level you had to avoid getting hit by this mad sun-like thing which would try to fly into your path, and it was very hard to avoid it). Oh and this is one of those games that has seemingly endless repetition of level after level with you lossing at the same spot every time, and whether you pass the level or not is simply luck.

Sadly I got very far into the game (I got this game when I was young), which shows how much pain I went through. And fairly recently I got this game out and played it just to see what it was like again, and even then I got frustrated. So yea, it's a hax.

EDIT: Changed the subject name from 'gmae' to 'game' :oops:

Last edited by Shuckle-rock$ on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The ending of Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies. It is a fairly easy game, easier than the sequel, until the end. At the end of Unsung War (AC5), you fly through a tunnel. The only thing is that it is very tedious of a task, and the last doorway always pisses me off. It closes and even when your flying at top manageable speed (around 568) in a Su-47, the most manuverable jet in the game, you end up 70 feet above ground and ignoring pull up warnings! That wasnt hard. In AC04, however, you are given the same space, except you have to dodge (or outrun and cross your fingers) missiles since your flying through silos. Everytime a missile hits me, or I run into the ground. Everytime!
But I dont like to play Mario games (save Kart), because they require a lot of skill. And follow the same storyline.
As for games that I've completed, the ending of Fossil Fighters 1 when you destroy Guhnash's brains was a cliffhanger!

Goodbye
"

Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Is it even NECESSARY for me to say Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Water Temple?
Sacred Realm (Hell) in Cave Story. You can watch a Let's Play on it, and it's NOT easy, not in the least.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I tried playing my friend's copy of New Super Mario Bros., but I was so bad at it it was frightening. But, strangely enough, I do decent in Super Mario 3D Land.

sad but rad

Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Edoc'sil wrote:
Is it even NECESSARY for me to say Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Water Temple?
Sacred Realm (Hell) in Cave Story. You can watch a Let's Play on it, and it's NOT easy, not in the least.

Definitely the Ocarina of Time. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Have you tried E.T. for Atari!? :D
Worst game ever!!! (You can see it on youtube...)

And for Ocarina of Time:
The Water Temple was actually pretty easy... not really but Sacred Realm (The Temple before Water Temple) was Confusing!!! I was lost somewhere upside down with Random Hands Falling from nowhere when 1 of them took me to the entrance (Yay!!!). I finally found all the ghosts and beat the Boss. :)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I found even more games to get angry at, to my dismay. Most are unliscensed Game Boy games, but there is one that is fairly new.

1. Rocket Power for GBC.
This game isnt liscensed for a reason, I'm sure. This is one of those games where you have to read the manual in order to play. There is no storyline, so there is no motivation to even play the game. It's stupid. The show was cancelled, and the game should be deleted from existence.
2. Tom & Jerry for GBC.
Unliscensed, but not bad. The control is stupid and stiff, and guess what? No life bar. Just a picture of how Jerry is feeling. But four hits and your ****!
I cant wait til I get Game Time started so I can fully review it.
3. Nicktoons Racing for GBC.
You've probably realized the trend by now, so yeah. It's unliscensed. The control fails at life. In Mario Kart, I understand it and its good. But an overhead view leads to a control scheme like that of a 3rd person view. It sucks. And again, no motivation to finish it.
4. Doug's Big Game for GBC.
This one was actually liscensed by Nintendo. It still sucks. An RPG so hard and intricate a walkthrough fails. None even exist. I'm sure someone tried to make one, but their head exploded due to this games stupidity. You walk around and talk to people and collect coins. The game guides you through, but you have to play detective in order to actually manage playing this. And it still sucks. Its a waste.
5. Dragon Tales: Dragon Wings for GBC.
I loved the show when I was younger, but this game sucks. Badly. It doesnt deserve a mini-review.
6. Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 for PS3 and X360.
Now, this game is playable. Excellent everything, except for the AI. All I have to say is I never want to go to Rio.
7. Ocarina of Time for N64.
This game's control sucks. Navi doesnt even help you that much. I coudnt even get passed the first dungeon.
8. Shrek for GBC.
This game was one of the last for the GBC library, like Rocket Power. Its just an old-fashioned beat'em up that blows on difficulty and control scheme. Button mashing and spamming of moves, classic ways of playing beat'em ups, dont even work. It features a bats*** insane AI before the first boss. After that, it just goes f*****g apes***! All sanity flew out the window for me at this point.

Now, in order from "Tear my eyes out of my face" to "Good game".
1. Dragon ****
2. Doug's Big Game
4. Shrek
5. Rocket Power
6. Nicktoons Racing
7. LoZ: Ocarina of Time
8. CoD 6

Goodbye
"

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mmmmm, three come to mind for me.

Mario+Luigi: Bowser's Inside story- The game itself is good. Its just that some of the bosses take over an hour to beat, and takes multiple tries to beat. Im currently on the final boss, and about after an hour, I end up dying and having to restart.

The legend of zelda: spirit tracks- I freaking HATE (bold it, underline it, color it red) the freakin music parts of it. It takes me over 20 FREAKIN tries to get it right IF NOT MORE. WHY WOULD THEY INCLUDE THAT! IT DOESNT ADD ANYTHING OT THE GAME BUT ANNOYANCE
AHAHAHAHAH! I HAVENT EVEN BEEN ABLE TO BEAT THE FREAKIN GAME BECAUSE OF THAT (continues on with rant)

Golden Sun Dark Dawn- one of the 3 after game "secert bosses". I survive maybe 10-15min. seriously. this guy is a freakin PAAAAAIN. Uses any dijin you have to summon, so you cant summon, and then hit you with huge damage with regular attacks.....I havent picked up the game in awhile to beat him.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:18 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Have any of you ever played the original Bionic Commando on the NES? Because it's mind-numbingly difficult.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just replayed MOTHER 3 and was going for a complete Battle Memory. It's a key item that keeps a record of all the monsters you've fought, with funny descriptions and a display for its back sprite if it can be snuck up on/turned around in battle. So it's basically a Pokédex full of soldiers dressed like pigs, lobsters with sunglasses on, things like that.

But it's not exactly easy to sneak up on most enemies, Duster is the only character with the ability to force them to show their backs without a certain disposable item that's not always available, and there are plenty of enemies you can never fight with him in the party at all. Plus there are a load of points of no return in the game, locking you out of a buttload of enemies if you missed them. For all the work I put into it, I ended up getting every enemy's back... except for at least two I somehow missed: The Squeekz (a scripted encounter with a mini-boss! How in the HECK did I not fight him??) and the Black Beanling (very uncommon enemy that you'd never even find unless you side-tracked to look for it. I legitimately forgot to get this one).

So that's disappointing.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Wow, not a lot of love for 2D Mario titles here, is there? :shock:

For me, the most frustrating game that wasn't a hastily-programmed franchise tie-in is probably Civilization III. I can't understand how, even on the easiest difficulty levels, the AI civs can be so much more developed at such an earlier time than mine ever turn out to be. And I'm no stranger to the Civ franchise, either. But, there's just something about how Civ3 handles resource management that I still haven't gotten my head around, apparently.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I mentioned early my distaste for CoD 6's campaign, but I found one that's even worse.
SOCOM.
Now, the PS2 is like the ****. It made gaming more mainstream by giving rise to the modern way of gaming. Games that are rarely heard of anymore were the best in these times. It gave rise to sporting games, racing games (you can keep your damn Forza and Shift), and of course, the FPS genre. CoD just started out (I thought it was a load of crap on the PS2, but PS3 and X360 was it's saving grace), and MoH was in its glory days. But one game rose from the growing genre, and is now considered good. Bulls**t. Let's play the first game, SOCOM Combined Assault.
I was originally going to do a few Game Times on it showing its awesomness. But I decided after an hour of gameplay to do something else. And I said "**** the episode arc of this. It doesn't deserve the attention. It's going to be a review!"
The training isn't as tedious as I thought it would be. But that's still like saying, "I probably could be doing something more meaningful with my time."
But that's not bad. The first level started off with a badass cutscene, and was fairly easy. So I thought that the second mission wasn't much harder. Holy **** was I wrong.
I had to restart so much times due to programming glitches and fails, that it started to piss me off. And that rarely ever happens. When it came time to get off, I tried one last time. They didn't give me any medkits back, and the AI raped my team so much, only Jester was left. One of four. I ragedquit.
But I'm determined to do it. I must beat the game. Unfortunately.
**** this game.

Goodbye
"

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I beat that game before. Sure it was hard, but it pays off. It has a good ending.
But I must say, I loathe Black Ops. The fact that Reznov died in the beginning made me just feel empty. I sat there, in a frozen state, controller in hand, looking at the screen.
It gave me a headache.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That'll be because its awesomeness can't be handled by those who deny Reznov to his birthright of one of the Masters of Badassery.

Goodbye
"

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemon Rumble. Hardest bloody game in the universe.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:35 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Demon's Souls...the game is designed to kill you even in the tutorial

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:23 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I will let others decide as I can't remember which of these was the worst experience I had with a game...

1. Shinobi for the PS2 = This game right here, this game right here now is just utterly unbeatable as far as I am concerned, bad enough I had a hard time getting to the last level as it was & then I get to the boss & he is virtually imo freaking unbeatable thus I rage quit like a baby & never touched that game again, good riddance.

2. Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 = WORLD 8, enough said. I would go back & play through this hell again if I didn't have this game stolen with my DS Original, oh well.

3. Megaman X Collection PS2 = Megaman X6's stages are not playable in any order so it sucks, played the forest level first & couldn't make a certain jump from ledge A to ledge C going past ledge B, something like this ----> _ -- _ . Ledge B was actually coming from the top of the stage & ledge A & C coming from the bottom so I couldn't go on top of ledge B but could never no matter what I did I always was unable to reach ledge C to skip off it's wall & it was the last straw for that game. Megaman X4 was painful to beat & not very fun to play at that, think it was this game that had a early fight with Sigma before going to fight other boss, beat that but afterwards just stop playing. X4 I beat but didn't enjoy a bit of it. Lastly all the games music felt drained so I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have(the music that is).

4. Ghost Busters the Video Game for the PS2 = Entire Experience, end of story, do not play this freaking game, EVER.

5. God of War Collection for the PS3 = Getting the hardest trophy for each of the games on it & beating the last bosses of each game with the first game being more annoying for the later.

6. Touhou 11 = This to this day is the only game in the series I feel I will never unlock the Extra Stage for, the Last Spell the the Stage 6 boss uses require outlandish precision movement to avoid death on when playing on any difficulty above Easy which is needed for unlocking Extra. I just cannot seem to beat the card no matter how many lives I have & sometimes just don't make it to that point due to the game also being hard in general too.

Had some others but they are either not worth mentioning or it didn't take long for me to remedy the situation & find enjoyment in the game again as a result, of the above problems, 2 & 5 were the only games I beat but I didn't find satisfaction in doing so cause the end of the experience was so frustrating. God of War I & II I have Platinum Trophy for but can't even appreciate it due to the frustration that I endured to get that much done & SMB3 levels were so repetitive that I didn't enjoy the difficulty of getting through world 8 & beating the game...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

SMB3 is satanic anyways. And yes, it is VERY hard. I've only made it to World 4, I think. Using the Warp Zone. I'm more of a Super Mario World fan than SMB. I liek teh Yoshi!

Goodbye
"

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. I got it when I turned 5, summer of 2000. I'm still stuck on 8-2, but I haven't played it much recently. I figured out how to get past the first part but I always get past the Hammer Bros. on my last life and die. XD

I lent it to my friend last week, and he managed to beat the game. :frustrated: asdf

Also, Megaman II for GameBoy. Also lending that to my friend. My main problem with that one is avoiding getting knocked off of moving platforms by enemy attacks.

Image (by Ender)

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]