It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Which Video Game foe scared you the most? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Image Image
These 2 foes destroyed my childhood. A lot of Nightmares about them... :cry:
Which foe scared you the most?

Last edited by GhostPony750 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Birdo made me cry the first time I got to the end of a level in Super Mario Bros. 2. Those blank soulless eyes.

I was five years old, but still. More recently this fish from Half-Life 1 has become the most horrifying thing I have ever had to kill in a video game. the way it moves, the sound it makes, hell, it even has blank soulless eyes like Birdo!

Those aren't Zelda monsters though. Whoops!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Omg that fish is scary! :shock:
Quote:
Those aren't Zelda monsters though. Whoops!

It's ok ;)
My question was actually ''Wich foe scared you the most'', not Zelda only.
I think I'm gonna change the tread's name... (If I can) Edit: Done :)

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:17 am
THE POWER IS ON!

The eel in Mario 64 traumatized me and gave me nightmares for years.

Streets of Rage 3 scared the crap out of me as a kid due to the creepy music and one of the fake endings... odd because now it's one of my favorite games.

The cracked-out door in World of Illusion scared me, and Miss White's creepy face and the music in the Genesis version of Clue also terrified me.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:41 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Many of the early command-line adventure games, like King's Quest or the Hugo trilogy, I wouldn't properly experience until I was much older. Not that the subject matter in and of itself was frightening, but the mechanics of how those games worked gave me the constant impression that I was walking through a virtual minefield. There are many puzzles that one has to approach in a specific manner, or else risk being decapitated quickly and brutally. I was more freaked out by getting mauled by a seemingly random bear with no time to retaliate than anything else.

For a singular foe, the guard dog from Hugo 1 best embodies my feelings.

Stupid mutt. :evil:

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That one mutant at the end of Dead Space 2 that is impossible to kill. Think of that in a real life situation. You have someone who can easily kill you, but nothing that you do can kill him. Its pretty freaking scary!

Goodbye
"

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

When I was like 5, I hated the trophy of the Moon in Super Smash Bros. Melee and would never ever check my trophies unless my llife depended on it.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:45 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Oh boy, for me it was only once in EVER & that was during my NES playing days...

I played a game with a sticker in such bad shape I couldn't figure out what the name of the game was. I never did well in the game but it involved the character you were playing to escape from bad guys who were chasing you I suppose & when they caught up to you it was game over, I had nightmares of getting caught by those same people when I was younger then I can remember & later on in recent life I learned that it might have been a Terminator game or some sorts. I of course no longer have such nightmares what so ever but back then, oh my...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Mimi. From Super Paper Mario. Those of you who've played the game know what I'm talking about.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:21 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

GhostPony750 wrote:

This; One of the most horrifying, now poorly rendered abominations of my childhood. *Shudder*

Choices, choices...

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
Mimi. From Super Paper Mario. Those of you who've played the game know what I'm talking about.

Oh god, I know what you mean. I just beat that chapter. O~O

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think the most terrifying enemies would be Nemesis from Resident Evil 3 because he would pop out of freaking nowhere and tear you to shreds and the Re-Deads from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. If I can, even if it means taking damage by going through acid/lava, I will run past them and never look back. Those things gave me nightmares as a kid and they still make me mash the buttons in fear when I replay it now. >_<

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:05 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Resident Evil creeped me the **** out. The head hunters were probably the worst. They were definitely the most intense creature in the game, and those bastards jumped around any corner you'd least expect. But the surprise wasn't the worst, it was the immanent death that was encircled by their ambiguous damage ratio. As ammo and health reserves run low on the second half, one constantly questions himself:

Quote:
I'm yellow fine. Should I use my only F. Aid?
Is he close enough to flinch with the shotgun? If not, he'll kill me.
When was my last save?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Who's played Zelda, Wind Waker? I love it. But to be honest, I've always been scared to DEATH of the Miniblins. You know, the little imps that poke you with pitchforks? It freaked me out, how the kept spawning and spawning, and appearing behind you, and pokeing you... it's the sheer numbers that do it. I used to have my brother deal with them. To this day, I still run away from them if I have the choice. Yes, I deal with them to move on in the game.

GhostPony750 wrote:

Never scared me. It should, but doesn't.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I…never really left the pokemon franchise as far as video games are concerned, but…Filtch and his cat, Mrs. Norris, from the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone PC game, when you had to evade him after passing off Norbert, terrified my brother, my sisters, and I whenever we played through that part when we were kids. He scared us even more so than Voldemort, ironically enough.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]