It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Legend of Zelda 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I've been playing Oracle of Ages on my GBC and prompts me to post this. Who plays it and what games do you have?

Goodbye
"

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:21 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I beat Skyward Sword and Minish Cap. I have A Link to the Past (GBA cart.), the original (3DS ambassador), and Zelda 2 (3DS ambassador) but I don't really like those as much. I'm sort of new to the franchise.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've had Skyward Sword since December, but my Wii Motion+ broke within days of starting it, and I can't find a new one anywhere. >~<

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You know the new controllers have motion+?

Goodbye
"

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I like Zelda, but I played only 2 games: A Link To The Past and Ocarina of Time.
A Link To The Past I've beaten 7 times or more. Ocarina of Time I'm still playing it.

"

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Im playing the Ocarina of Time on my N64, im stuck in Lord Jabu-Jabus belly... but ill get out. I always get out. :evil:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have Ocarina of Time three times: One is a N64 copy of the earliest version, with Ganondorf's blood and the original Fire Temple theme. One is a later version of the N64 game, with Ganondorf's snot and the revised (and if you ask me, better) Fire Temple music. And then I have the GameCube version, with Master Quest.

I want the 3DS version too but I am not that big of a tool to get that before I play Skyward Sword. which I have, but am not equipped to play (no Motionplus). In my defense, two of the three I already have were given to me. But still...

My theoretical favorite is Minish Cap. That is, if it were 3D instead of 2D... it would really be something. It's a real marvel, in my imagination...

Least favorite is unquestionably Twilight Princess. It was really pretty and had some great cinematic stuff going on, but I didn't like how the only important thing in the entire game was Midna. You're Link, and you're on an adventure! At the order of Midna. You gotta kill Zant. Because of something bad he did, to Midna. Must save Zelda! ...Because she sacrificed herself, for Midna. Gotta kill Ganon! Oh, shoot, did he just KILL Midna? Now we're serious. Link doesn't have any direct connection to anyone in the game except the Ordon kids, who didn't make a very good first impression for themselves. Everything else is through Midna. Miyamoto himself thinks TP was "missing something..."

Plus they'd already done the whole antagonist-cursed-helper thing with Ezlo, and a lot better too, because he wasn't annoying :|

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My favourite will always be the Ocarina of Time since it was one of the first games i ever played.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I loved ocarina, i think I liked majora's mask more. skyward sword is the only zelda game I stopped playing cos I got bored of it, didn't feel like a zelda game and it was way too easy, oracle of ages FTW!

Fire Water Earth Wind

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Playing Ocarina of Time 3D, but I'm taking it slow as to bide my time until the Water Temple. XD
I also have Four Swords and Skyward Sword, one of which I'm replaying for the heck of it, and the latter I'm still playing through slowly (I don't get many chances to actually play it).

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i thought ocarina 3D was easier than the original, it was far more fluid and the better lighting and textuers helped me not feel so enclosed, ya know? The masters quest water temple was INFINATELY easier that the original, the spirit temple tho... that took me a while xD muscled through it with no guide tho! *pats ulquiorra on the back*

Fire Water Earth Wind

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm playing Skyward Sword now. It made a really really terrible first impression on me. The really awkward bird race and having to retry the freefall five times made me feel like the game was going to be too unplayably gimmicky to be any fun. But the first dungeon changed my mind and the second one was also pretty great. So now I'm guessing that I'll enjoy the rest.

And I'd better! What am I gonna do with the Zelda posters I just got from the Nintendo Fun Club if I don't!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Uhh, hitting the same temples multiple times turned me off of it a little :/ I like the whole "making the most of the areas" thing buht... uhhhhhhh

Fire Water Earth Wind

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, that was the friggin' best Zelda game ever. No kidding, better than Ocarina of Time. Better than my imagination's version of Minish Cap, wowee, I'd better imagine harder

Yeah it lacked a big open field and the sky was pretty empty. I'm not saying it was perfect. I'm just saying it had way too many fantastic moments to ignore, and they all had their roots digging into something great; where Twilight Princess's great moments were... all scattered around, mostly relied on Ocarina of Time nostalgia to work, didn't have much substance weighing any of it down. Skyward Sword made itself.

It's great to see Nintendo's idea men learning from their dings and making better games. It makes me think that maybe our comments in the Club Nintendo surveys really are being read and considered from all over the world. I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:43 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Now I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D.

It's weird. I get the idea that the development team was separated somewhat, and the designers/modelers/texture artists for the environments weren't the same ones doing the characters, because the approaches to each don't match up. The environments are aesthetically re-imagined, with new frills and additions all over the place, making it more lush, detailed, natural and realistic, pretty dang close to Twilight Princess' quality. The best the 3DS can do, I suppose. But the characters are almost exactly the same as in the original in every way, but with more polygons, higher-resolution textures, and the occasional altered animation.

As a result, the characters look bright and slightly out-of-place against the maps and feel more primitive. I was expecting more animated faces, more fingers, more body language, like Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess had. Even Majora's Mask had started to show shades of that, with the characters' heads bobbling as they spoke and generally superb camera work in cutscenes. I hope that if and when Majora's Mask 3D is made, the characters will be more animated, up to par with the later Zelda games. It also wouldn't hurt at all to have the characters' textures more subdued and detailed as in Twilight Princess. You know, nothing that would change the game so drastically that those who play the remake would especially be missing anything only in the original (as with, say, the original Resident Evil 1 and its GameCube remake). Just enough that going back to the original, a player would notice, "Well, the graphics are dated and the characters don't move as much."

So what I'm saying is, the maps look more like the guys making them were like, "All right, let's make Ocarina of Time all over again!" While the characters look like the mindset was "If anything is in the least bit out of place here, the fans are gonna grill us." True as it is to the original, it's kind of a disappointment in the face of the awesome changes and enhancements that WERE made.

It would have been nice to have more original variety in the models of OoT3D as well. Link the Goron, Biggoron and Medigoron could have stood to have their own models, for instance. I didn't miss the part where every Mogma, Goron and Kikwi in Skyward Sword had a unique model; I quite liked that, though I wonder why the Parella didn't as well...

Long post, blah blah, I care way too much about this kind of thing because as I grow as an artist I compare the aesthetic choices in the games I play to how I would do it if it were my job. You know what wouldn't be my job, though? The music. That should've been this group's job. Not much is cooler than when a game company hires awesome fan works. Tell 'em, Valve.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I loved the brightness of OoT3D, It kinda opened up the world a little bit, and so they could show off the awesome textures. The boss battles in 3D were amazing too, I mean volvagia in 3D!!! Man, it was a cool moment. Ya skyward sword was a very good game and it did have some amazing moments and the art style was spot on legend of zelda in my mind, it just seemed a little redundant at times and hard to follow.

Fire Water Earth Wind

Sun May 13, 2012 7:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I finally beat OoA! Let the feast begin! Let the band play their fanfares! Let the peasants be- Wait, what's this? "Secret to Holodrum, huh?" I think I know what to do. Nope. Nope. And nope. FFFFFFUUUUUUU***************!!!!!!!
Ok, to the internet. I need ANOTHER **** GBC WITH ORACLE OF SEASONS??? WHAT THE F***, NINTENDO?

Goodbye
"

Sun May 13, 2012 2:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I tip my hat to you sir! That is a HARD game, you don't need another gameboy as far as I know, just oracle of seasons, I actually have it... Maybe I'll play through it

Fire Water Earth Wind

Thu May 17, 2012 3:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Favorite to least favorite:
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Wind Waker
Skyward Sword
Link's Awakening
A Link to the Past
Spirit Tracks (I'm assuming; I haven't actually played it yet...)
The Minish Cap
Legend of Zelda
Adventure of Link
Four Swords Adventures
Four Swords (Never played because I don't have any friends, of course.)
Discovering that you're out of milk after already pouring your cereal
The three Philips CD-i games
CancerAIDS
Phantom Hourglass

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:11 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

They needs a GOOD multiplayer zelda mode. BADLY

Fire Water Earth Wind

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I played:
-Twilight Princess
-Wind Waker
-Phantom Hourglass

I also have a nice ''The Legend Of Zelda: Collector's Edition (Include 4 Classic Games!!!)'' for Gamecube.
-The Legend Of Zelda (The first 1 :O)
-Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link
-Ocarina of Times
-Majora's Mask

I also played: 4 Swords Adventures with my friend.

My favorite one is Ocarina of Time ;)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Samurott wrote:
I need ANOTHER **** GBC WITH ORACLE OF SEASONS??? WHAT THE F***, NINTENDO?

Only if you want to play Seasons with your save data from Ages carried over. You can transfer the data either across the link cable, which requires a second Gameboy; or if you don't have a spare Gameboy to use, a password system.

ulquiorra wrote:

Four Swords wasn't your thing? You've got to remember that Zelda is largely a single-player experience. I don't see how else they could take the current formula and make a decent multiplayer title out of it.

Skeleton wrote:
I get the idea that the development team was separated somewhat, and the designers/modelers/texture artists for the environments weren't the same ones doing the characters...

They seldom are, anymore. Modern, big-budget games from well established franchises like Zelda often have hundreds of developers working on the title from start to finish. The credits from some of the larger titles can often seem more reminiscent of a Hollywood film than a video game.

Skeleton wrote:
It would have been nice to have more original variety in the models of OoT3D as well. Link the Goron, Biggoron and Medigoron could have stood to have their own models, for instance.

It wouldn't have been faithful to the original. Plus, there's the concern of the extra memory that the developers would have needed to reserve for the added models. I don't know how much of a concern that is with the 3DS tech as opposed to the N64, but it is something that needs to be taken into account when making that decision.

Back on topic: Save for Four Swords Adventures, since I never did get all of the necessary hardware, I've got all of the games from the main series in some form or another, albeit I haven't played all of them through to completion yet. Things keep getting in the way every time I try to finish Majora's Mask. I think my copy has some sort of curse on it. :lol:

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've played and beaten Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Four Swords(anniversary edition)
I have Ocarina of Time 3D but I haven't played it for months. I think I'm at the water temple.

tripehound wrote:
ulquiorra wrote:

Four Swords wasn't your thing? You've got to remember that Zelda is largely a single-player experience. I don't see how else they could take the current formula and make a decent multiplayer title out of it.

A GOOD multiplayer could be something like that of Kid Icarus: Uprising. The multiplayer on the DS games wasn't great: collect triangles and avoid baddies. It would be cool if we could actually battle each other.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've played more or less every Zelda game out there. Ima be hipster and say my favorite Zelda game is Zelda II. Serious! I always find myself replaying that gem. Despite it's flaws (which really, are flaws in today's standards and not in the 80's), it's so damn fun. I find myself replaying Wind Waker a lot too. That game's combat just feels right.

Combat in Zelda games are a big part of how much I enjoy them. Wind Waker's sound effects and lock-on and weapons feels just right. Twilight Princess seemed to rely too much on the sword, but it was okay... OoT's combat was pretty sloppy, so I didn't like it much, particularly the lock-on.

I just realized I haven't played Skyward Sword yet. I really should.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I own a few Legend of Zelda games:
(listed in order of appeal to me)
1. Skyward Sword - Got it a month after it came out, beat it in 4 months, did other stuff for 6 months (*minecraft*), recently came back to it, halfway through hero mode.
1. Ocarina of Time 3D - Quite possibly the best video game I ever played, just wish it was longer. I got to the water temple in master quest, and gave up.
2. Four Swords 25th Anniversary Edition - Got this one the day it came out on Nintendo E-Shop. Beat it in 3 weeks. Fun while it lasted, but not much fun after that.
3. Phantom Hourglass - Got it about 3 years ago. Played it for a month or 2, then I got stuck on the island where you get a cannon. I went back to it about 7 months ago, played it for a month, then got stuck again in the temple where you need to hit the tiles with your hammer to make them the right pattern.
4. Minish Cap - More fun than #5 on this list, but same predicament.
5. Original - Beat the first dungeon, couldn't find the second one.
6. Zelda 2 - Not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing in this one. I can't figure out what to do.

My friend got Spirit Tracks, and he said it was awesome. I'm hesitant to get it myself, because half the things that he says are grossly exaggerated.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next