It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Anyone playing CHESS here? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

IF YES, what's your favorite Chess OPENING and WHY?

Ok, mine is Sokolsky Opening (Polish Opening). It belongs to unorthodox opening that's why it's not so popular.
This is an example image of my favorite opening:
Sokolsky Opening
I like that opening because it keeps me on winning whenever I play chess on my dad and my friends. :lol:

By the way, my FIDE rating according to Chess.com is 1898. :D

salamence47™|RN

{garchomp} {gyarados} {salamence} {kingdra} {altaria}

Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have my own unique opening that I use, which I call "The Coroner's Delegation." This often throws off my opponents and allows no room for them to attack me without sacrifice. I don't play competitively, but I do consider myself a skilled player.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

wow!
that opening sounds good ! :)
Better if you have image/picture or links of your opening.

salamence47™|RN

{garchomp} {gyarados} {salamence} {kingdra} {altaria}

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:56 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I used to use the "French Defense" a lot. Now, I don't know if I'm good enough to play anyone. As far as I know, "French Defense" is pretty lame.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If I'm playing as white I use the London opening. If I'm playing as black I use the King's Indian defence.
I use the London opening because it sets up a good defence and offence at the same time. I use the King's Indian defence because it sets up a good solid defence, only problem with it though is that the London opening completely destroys it. I sometimes use the English opening when my friends are expecting me to use the London opening, just for some variation.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I use to play the Kings Indian when i played but i havent played in a long time.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I play Chess on Redhotpawn.com but I don't know the names of specific chess openings.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The style I use isn't really "official," but it works really well. At he start of every game, I bring out my knights, and then have them hop around on the board, taking pieces. Then I'll bring out my bishops and rooks to finish them off. I rarely have to use my queen.

A few months ago, I got to play the best chess player in all of Indiana, Dennis Monokroussos. He made an appearance at the local mall to raise money for the chess team at the school where he teaches. I lost so badly, but it was really awesome.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I like to play chess, but not competitively. And I'm pretty sure I'm terrible at it.
I open by moving my two pawns in front of my knights then moving my bishops up one space, so if my opponent moves those same pawns, their rooks are vulnerable.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-openings/how-to-win-in-chess-in-only-2-moves

This is how I open. If it doesn't work, I send in both horses and the bishop on the same color as the king and knock the crap out of the opponent's pieces until I eventually trap the king, usually in a corner.

Who said wrestlers and Pokemon couldn't get along?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MTyndall95 wrote:
http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-openings/how-to-win-in-chess-in-only-2-moves

This is how I open. If it doesn't work, I send in both horses and the bishop on the same color as the king and knock the crap out of the opponent's pieces until I eventually trap the king, usually in a corner.

Blitzkreig!
For me, I usually play the middle two pawns up one space, and move the bishops out next to the pawns on either side. Then, I send out my knights to do some damage!

Goodbye
"

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:58 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I don't play chess in like tournaments or whatever but I used to play it with family & so on...

My opening I use is basically either moving one of the corner pawns 2 spaces or if I am messing around & don't care I will move one of the middle 2 pawns up 2 spaces, after that I adapt based on what my opponent does...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I play chess competitively and I'm an average player for my age (16). My favorite opening is Rui Lopez.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]