It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Red Dawn 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I went to see Total Recall tonight, and while the movie was okay, I was already pleased before it even started. Why? Well, in the previews, there was a trailer that looked like MW2 The Movie or whatever, but all it took was one quick clip of a football player at a game that had "WOLVERINES" on the front to tell me that something that I've been waiting for two years to happen was finally here.
The remake of Red Dawn.
In the original, which was made in the 80s, you had Charlie Sheen playing one of the main characters (I think he played Matt) and they were fighting off their Russian overlords. Is that why this movie is great? Well, not really. What really gets me on this movie is that it holds the record of the most violent acts depicted on screen than any other movie, about 214 on a 2 hour long movie, averaging about 1.5 violent acts per minute. And most of the time, it's because the Wolverines are killing Russians and reclaiming America.
But, Russia's no longer communist, so who plays the enemy? China? Cuba? Iraq? Nope.
North Korea.
Red Dawn comes out Thanksgiving, and I cannot wait to see it! Anyone else who will probably see this, or who has seen the original?

Goodbye
"

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]