It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon General Questions Thread 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i think its already out in japan. they haven't said anything about a US release date. all i know about it is that there are three different bases, a volcano, a beach and a field, where you can choose lots of starters based on their colour.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Aquadude wrote:
Sorry if this is completely of topic, but does anyone know When the mystery dungeon games for the Wii will come out, if they come out. Who else here knows about them?

I so want to buy that game. @_@

Hopefully it'll get to the US sometime. It's worrying me that they haven't even mentioned it after a year or so.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sometimes after being on a certain dungeon floor after a while a few leaves blow by and I get a message saying "Something is stirring..." It's kind of creepy. Anyone know what this is?

Also, how rare are missions offering a Secret Slab or Enigma Part?

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:31 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

when is pokemon dungeon 3 for wii coming out cause it is already out in japan

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Quote:
Sometimes after being on a certain dungeon floor after a while a few leaves blow by and I get a message saying "Something is stirring..." It's kind of creepy. Anyone know what this is?

The time limit:
Somethings Stirring.....
Its Getting Closer...
Its Nearby!
Its right there! Its Gusting Hard!

Team (Whatever) Was blown out by an unseen force.

Spend to long and you go Bye Bye 8(
Only steps though.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:04 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How do I evolve Onix and Scyther on Red Rescue Team?

Mon May 23, 2011 11:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Find a Link Cable (easiest one is behind the doors in Solar Cave, if you've already got the HMs there). Then find a Metal Coat, they're in the later levels of Southern Cave I think (which is 50 levels). Then give both items to the Luminous Cave guy.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

LeoTheLion wrote:
Also, how rare are missions offering a Secret Slab or Enigma Part?

Very. The first one I found was almost a year after I started playing, maybe 10 months after I beat the main story. Good luck.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

does any one here know of any place where I can find data about the power and accuracy of moves in mystery dungeon red and blue. I've looked everywhere even s-e-r-e-b-i-i.net and they do not have it. I don't know where to find them please help me out

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:51 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You get a strategy guide - because honestly that's the only place I've ever seen the BP and Accuracy of moves in Mystery Dungeon.
I don't know of any sites that have it, and if they do, they're pretty much totally MD-oriented.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

they're all on upokecenter.com, although the data's scattered everywhere and hard to find. For the first two mystery dungeon games, have a status move, a multi-hit move, a move that hits the entire room and a backup move with lots of PP. Then you're set.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:18 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Somewhere on the internet drooling over a Mewtwo EX Card...
I know this may sound like a stupid question, but are you able to recruit Darkrai later on in the game? Or is he gone?
Also, would you be able to recruit ledgendaries that have no relation to the story, for example, Mewtwo in PMD Explorers of Time?
Just asking. ^^

and I grew attached to the name. xD So..its my username in a lot of places and my RP Mewtwo's nickname.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wed May 30, 2012 1:41 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Mewsie wrote:
I know this may sound like a stupid question, but are you able to recruit Darkrai later on in the game? Or is he gone?
Also, would you be able to recruit ledgendaries that have no relation to the story, for example, Mewtwo in PMD Explorers of Time?
Just asking. ^^

Darkrai will be roaming around various other dungeons, and he'll appear once per floor. To recruit him, you need to have your leader holding the Mystery Part, or have the Secret Slab in your bag.

Here's where he can be found:
~Miracle Sea 3F
~Mystifying Forest 13F
~Crevice Cave (Lower) 2F
~Mt Travail 17F
~Spacial Rift 14F

Miracle Sea is the easiest if you want to just recruit Darkrai and leave with Escape Orb, but if you want to recruit a bunch at once go to Spacial Rift; it also has the Eon twins (Latias at 10F and Latios at part 2's 5F). Also Palkia.

Keep in mind, Darkrai has the "Mobile" terrain ability, aka he can walk through walls like a ghost. Don't let him corner you in a corridor or you'll barely be able to hit him.

Wed May 30, 2012 9:28 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What are the chances of encountering Mew in Buried Relic? Is it true that he can be encountered multiple times in a single visit?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:02 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

ReclusiveDemon wrote:
What are the chances of encountering Mew in Buried Relic? Is it true that he can be encountered multiple times in a single visit?

I don't remember what the spawn rate for Mew is off-hand, but it is possible to run into Mew multiple times in one visit (but if you're going down all 99 floors, don't count on it more than 3 times). Should you recruit Mew, you automatically escape.

...This is going based off memory. I'm not totally sure that you can run into Mew multiple times in one visit, but I believe you can. I remember putting a lot of effort into it myself.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanks. I found a guide here that details all of the spawn rates.

Also, for Blue and Red Rescue Teams, what are the best places for me to take team members in order to level them up?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:01 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

ReclusiveDemon wrote:
Thanks. I found a guide here that details all of the spawn rates.

Also, for Blue and Red Rescue Teams, what are the best places for me to take team members in order to level them up?

The Team Hydro maze in Makuhita Dojo. Defeating the bosses (assuming you use an actual move against them, which you should be doing anyway) nets you 2833 total exp, and each underling before then (Poliwag) gets you 76. It's not uncommon to get about 3000 exp in one round. (Team Constrictor is a backup choice, with the boss giving about 1900 total and the underlings giving about 200 each.)

That's if you want to farm. I know some of the more advanced dungeons, like Western Cave, will grant you truckloads of experience if you trek all the way through, but going to the Dojo gives minimal risk.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:55 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, I've tried the Dojo for leveling, but the delay in time between the boss fight, and talking + getting through the two floors is unattractive. I just did a run in Western Cave, and it seems like only some of the sections of the dungeon give out the greatest experience points, those areas being where there are sandstorms, and the last floors.

I usually use Spacial Rift for training in PMD2, since it seems to give out so much experience, and is comparatively short; I don't usually use up my items, and come back with plenty of Gummi's. I was hoping there would be an equivalent place in the first game.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:42 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

It helps a bit more if you have a Pokemon with a move that hits an entire room. Unfortunately, the only moves I know that do that are Heat Wave, Powder Snow, Magnitude, and Earthquake...and the latter two will also hit your own side, unless Levitate. Fortunately, Powder Snow is fairly prevalent; many Pokemon can learn it.

I know in Meteor Cave each Deoxys gives out 660 exp when felled, and there's 19 floors. The drawback there is you can only bring one guy and they're hard to find anyway.

I believe one of the sea dungeons is pretty good for grinding, though. I want to say it's Silver Trench, but that can be tricky with the monster houses. Actually, I'm pretty sure it is Silver Trench, but Silver Trench is very difficult.
Oh, there's also Far-Off Sea if you feel like it.

I believe one of the Fields (Lightning/Fiery/Northwind) is good for grinding, but again, I forget which one...and those are Quicksave dungeons, which is even more annoying.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. It's just been so long since I played this game.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Don't worry about it. I've been grinding Western Cave, and it works pretty well; I'd say it's better than Silver Trench. Plenty of people think that the one-room monster houses are great ways of grabbing experience, but Western Cave seems to give off greater experience. On the other hand, it's more difficult. Western Cave usually allows me to gain ten levels, give or take depending on the Pokemon's level.

If I only need to go up a few levels, I'll grind Team Hydro.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm trying to recruit Ponyta.
What's his location?
Also, is there any way to recruit Rapidash?

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:43 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

GhostPony750 wrote:
What's his location?

In PMD1, Ponyta is found on Joyous Tower 57F-59F...an incredibly difficult location to reach unless you're prepared for LV1 dungeons. Rapidash can't be recruited in PMD1.
In PMD2, Ponyta are found throughout Giant Volcano and the Dark Crater. Rapidash are found in the same places and can be recruited, though the odds are less likely.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DNA wrote:
GhostPony750 wrote:
What's his location?

In PMD1, Ponyta is found on Joyous Tower 57F-59F...an incredibly difficult location to reach unless you're prepared for LV1 dungeons. Rapidash can't be recruited in PMD1.
In PMD2, Ponyta are found throughout Giant Volcano and the Dark Crater. Rapidash are found in the same places and can be recruited, though the odds are less likely.

Omg... Good Luck! Do you have any trick to complete this dongeon? Like which pokemon is the best for this? I play on computer, so I can save anywhere and retry. Also, do anyone know how the cheat thing work on VisualGameBoy? Thanks! ;)

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:35 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

For the early floor recruitments I'd go for something like Alakazam, and bring an Escape Rope with you. (Alakazam has the highest base stats at level 1 of any Pokemon, with 80 HP and I think 35 in both ATKs and 30 in both DEFs.)

If you want a prolonged journey you can try Alakazam, but I would copy my Wish Cave strategy and go in with Lombre, Kyogre, and 4 Frustration TMs. (Frustration will OHKO most things on the earlier floors for 45 damage, and due to Swift Swim you will get a double-attack - 90 damage, which will OHKO anything except the big guns on 90F and up.)

I haven't actually tried venturing to the floors of Joyous Tower beyond 30 or so, but I am probably going to do the Lombre strategy when I get around to it. (There are other Pokemon with Swift Swim, but I think Lombre's the best for the job, having pretty solid base stats and good exp curve. Then again, he was the only Swift Swimmer I had at the time, so...)

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, so I got another Blue Rescue team! :D
I'm just wondering... can I still give gummies at friend areas with max IQ, since it increases the stats?

And thanks for the tip DNA, I'm gonna do this soon. ;)

Sun May 19, 2013 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next