It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What drives you insane? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It would be a good game if there were less items and more racing, really.
I never really liked Mario's sports game. The characters are always yelling their names, And there's always items :cry:
Mario Kart Wii was the worst: You barely touch a wall and you lose all your speed. Horrible physics. Very annoying.

Sparrow wrote:
Mario Kart 64 is the best guys. If you disagree you're wrong.

This game was much better than the new ones, I agree.
For the Nintendo 64, great game.
The best games were actually on Nintendo 64: Zelda Ocarina of Time (Of Course!!!), Mario 64, Super Smash Bros.,

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Except you forgot to mention that in the 3D 64-bit games, they'd suck because the camera kills you half the time.
You know what bugs me? That new Dell commercial, where the girl "learns" to fly by using a green screen. They make it look way too easy to do. There is a reason why they don't allow morons to do green screens.

Goodbye
"

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Super Mario 64's camera was only improved upon in Sunshine. What in the hell is even going on with Galaxy's crappy camera. Why it it so restricted so much of the time? What do you mean I can't use the first-person view in most areas of the level? What.

3D Land doesn't really have a camera problem because it's always fixed and always has a good angle going on. But I wish there were a first-person view besides the little binoculars some levels have.

Zelda's camera system has remained relatively the same in all 3D entries (this excludes the DS games) except for Wind Waker, which also included a free camera control akin to Sunshine's. Which is good because Ocarina got it right the first time and it seems for most other things Nintendo does right the first time, they try to fix what isn't broken and things don't get better that way.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

One thing. One bloody thing. Whiners. I can't stand whining. I think it's obnoxious, immature, and annoying. Well, there are two types of whining. There is making a point; pointing out a flaw in something and giving perfectly good reasons why it is a flaw, and for bonus points, taking steps to resolve the issue. Then there's ****ing whining, where people nag "Why is it like this" or "Why do I have to do that", with their reason it sucking being simply "It sucks", then not doing anything at all about it or, even worse, giving that "responsibility" to someone else. Even worse, complaining about something that someone put obvious hard work in, and not acknowledging that hard work. That's the most depressing thing in the world, and I can't stand it.

And while we were on the subject of religious views being annoying... like, a month ago... as a Christian, I did think that gay marriage was unacceptable. Looking back now I realize that's horribly close-minded. People who follow that path aren't hurting me, so really, why should I care? I should just let people be happy. I am constantly annoyed by people expecting me to do things because of my religion, like praying before I eat the way it "should" be done, or going to church at the "proper" times. I don't get why people don't understand that there are different ways to serve the big G. Also, when people call me out for being a Christian and doing things like swearing. I understand where they are coming from, but there isn't any reason to call me out on that when you do it yourself.

While I'm somewhat touching this subject, I hate people with closed-minds. Open your ideas! There are more things than just the things in your world. This especially annoys me in things like music and video games. For God's sake, all because it doesn't have blood, guns, and online play doesn't make it a bad game.

But yeah... the world is wonderful, ain't it?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:47 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
What drives me insane...

1. The idea that marriage is something sacred in anyway.
2. Games that are just plain hard as stick & not actually an enjoyable challenge if one at all.
3. Politics in general.
4. When people are quick to assume anything with no good reason for their accusation.

That's all I can think of so far, was some stuff about women & society I wanted to add but couldn't currently figure out what it is so it will be for later I suppose...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Coliflowerz wrote:
And while we were on the subject of religious views being annoying... like, a month ago... as a Christian, I did think that gay marriage was unacceptable. Looking back now I realize that's horribly close-minded. People who follow that path aren't hurting me, so really, why should I care? I should just let people be happy. I am constantly annoyed by people expecting me to do things because of my religion, like praying before I eat the way it "should" be done, or going to church at the "proper" times. I don't get why people don't understand that there are different ways to serve the big G. Also, when people call me out for being a Christian and doing things like swearing. I understand where they are coming from, but there isn't any reason to call me out on that when you do it yourself.

While I'm somewhat touching this subject, I hate people with closed-minds. Open your ideas! There are more things than just the things in your world. This especially annoys me in things like music and video games. For God's sake, all because it doesn't have blood, guns, and online play doesn't make it a bad game.

Thank you! Close-mindedness is the death of progress.
And the amount of non-shooter or non-fighting games is ridiculously small, I agree.
Anyways, I hate middle schoolers. They probably have little say in the matter since they are going through the first stages of "identifiable" puberty, so they have, like, little control over their actions or bodies. But they are ignorant, arrogant, stupid, and obnoxious. Yesterday, at tennis practice, two 7th grade girls were taunting us and said "Oh, look! Boys playing tennis! Because that's soo cool!" To which the coach, who is very quick witted and intellegent, replied back within a second, "So is repeating the 7th grade two times." They deserved it. But today... Today showed how immature they are. Imagine my surprise when I saw, and then the team saw, a kid climbing up the side of the building to get a couple of balls. Wtf? And if that's not stupid enough (I wanted him to break his leg on the landing), as he's getting down, the others are taking potshots at him. I was wondering if I should be laughing or worried. So I laughed. Their stupidity is their own punishment.

Goodbye
"

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
Anyways, I hate middle schoolers. They probably have little say in the matter since they are going through the first stages of "identifiable" puberty, so they have, like, little control over their actions or bodies. But they are ignorant, arrogant, stupid, and obnoxious. Yesterday, at tennis practice, two 7th grade girls were taunting us and said "Oh, look! Boys playing tennis! Because that's soo cool!" To which the coach, who is very quick witted and intellegent, replied back within a second, "So is repeating the 7th grade two times." They deserved it. But today... Today showed how immature they are. Imagine my surprise when I saw, and then the team saw, a kid climbing up the side of the building to get a couple of balls. Wtf? And if that's not stupid enough (I wanted him to break his leg on the landing), as he's getting down, the others are taking potshots at him. I was wondering if I should be laughing or worried. So I laughed. Their stupidity is their own punishment.

Because surely you were never a middle schooler.

It seems to me that the older we get, the more we despise those younger than us. But to be honest, although I'm not really criticizing doing so (since that would make me a hypocrite), I think we need to take into perspective that as older, hopefully more mature people, we have a lot more experience. There is a lot of maturing that goes on between middle school and high school; even between grades in high school. Yes, what they did is stupid and immature; but obviously not every middle schooler will be like. Hell, those particular ones probably aren't even like that all the time. So yes, watching people act with less maturity than we ourselves have is frustrating; but is it necessary to bash them all for the sake of a few?

What really drives me insane is how people get worked up over little things. Relax a little.

Last edited by rex09 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I wonder about that. Between the types who revile the young and those who seem to believe kids can't think or will repeat absolutely everything they see on TV or in video games, I wonder about how many adults remember what it was like to be a kid at all. I do

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
It seems to me that the older we get, the more we despise those younger than us.

I am guilty of that and I admit it. I wonder if by the time I'm 30 I'm going to be annoyed with all of the young people, not just those in their teens.
It's probably because I hated myself so much as a child and all the stupid mistakes I did that I tend to be aggravated by people younger than me, because I know they're going to make the same kind of mistakes...so I believe.

I wasn't okay with my own personality until I was 18 or so. So many dumb things in my past...things I never want to relive.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When you take the time to be nice and explain something Absolutely clearly for someone and then that person completely ignores what you said.
...And then they ask you to explain yourself again.

Choices, choices...

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think as far as the whole reviling the young thing, it applies up until people have kids, since obviously it's rather counter-productive to hate your kids just because of their age/immaturity :p . Or maybe it mellows out at some point.... Or we just all evolve into curmudgeons yelling at kids to get off our lawn, dammit :O

@Noob: Yes, I agree. But unfortunately, I'm hard of hearing, so I've probably frustrated a bunch of people this way.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When my parents compare me when to how they were as an example.
Well, of course you didn't have a cell phone at age 16. Of course you didn't have video games when you were growing up. How's this going to help your point?

Goodbye
"

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:33 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Noob wrote:
When you take the time to be nice and explain something Absolutely clearly for someone and then that person completely ignores what you said.
...And then they ask you to explain yourself again.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

There's one guy I deal with on another forum who is just like this. I found out that he's mentally handicapped (Asperger's or something), but I still don't think that's an excuse to ignore a differing opinion to your own.
...He also tends to repeat himself a lot, but I let that slide.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

rex09 wrote:
@Noob: Yes, I agree. But unfortunately, I'm hard of hearing, so I've probably frustrated a bunch of people this way.

I can completely understand if you're hard of hearing or handicapped in and other shape of form, I'm lenient with people I don't know.
It's just people I have known for a long time really well that bother me when they do that. especially when they ask for advice and flat-out do the opposite and blame me for bad advice.

Choices, choices...

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh, hi Karma! When did you get back? How was your summer?
I guess I should explain the reasoning behind my earlier post about middle schoolers because lo and behold! Sixth day of school and I found someone new to devastate. A Softy (my word for sophomores). Apparently, because of my speech not being spot on, a chest deformity, and the fact that I'm retaking a class that I failed in 10th grade, he thinks he's better than me. We'll see about that.
What does all this have to do with explaining myself?
I never acted this way. I wasn't some douche bag who doesn't know how to mind his tongue. I respected the upperclassmen. I didn't povoke them. I wasn't some headstrong idiot who thinks that anyone smaller, smarter, or doesn't play football shouldn't have a misery-free life.
But if he wants war, war he shall get!

Goodbye
"

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

People that never do anything but complain.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:
People that never do anything but complain.

I can't agree more.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3