It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:44 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Battle Royale: Winner announced! (pg 15) 

Final round:
Poll ended at Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:56 pm
HAUNTER 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
ARCANINE 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 11

Battle Royale: Winner announced! (pg 15) 
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Arcanine has forever earned my respect for repeatedly owning me with Close Combat. The only thing Charizard is good at doing is taking a Stealth Rock to the face before dying for me.

That, and I fought a really gimmicky Arcanine set at the VGC Regionals this April. I did not see it coming. (I won mostly because of Gastrodon, but I still didn't predict what the Arcanine had.)

By the way...
Quote:
but if this competition was expanded to all 693 Pokemon, who would be your top pick?

...where did you get the number 693 from?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
...where did you get the number 693 from?

:oops: :oops: Yeah that's a mistake, good pick up! I always thought there were 693 Pokemon in total for some reason don't know where I got that from though.

Anyway.. here is your progress scoreboard!

S2: {arcanine} +8 | {charizard} +7

And of course it's time for our second wave of moves!

Arcanine used Howl! Arcanine's attack rose 1 stage to +1!
Charizard used Earthquake! Arcanine's Air Balloon activated! The attack gave Arcanine a +1 boost!
Arcanine used Thunder Fang! Charizard's hit by -2..
Charizard used Bulldoze! Arcanine's hit by -2.. Arcanine's speed fell 1 stage to +1!

Arcanine's attack is now 165, against Charizard's 126 (Arcanine +1, Charizard -1).
Arcanine's speed is now 143, against Charizard's 100 (unchanged)
Arcanine's mBST is now 658, against Charizard's 576 (unchanged)
Effects of damage dealing moves: (Arcanine -1, Charizard -2)

Scores after second wave of moves:
S2: {arcanine} +8 | {charizard} +4

And of course, two special attacks have just rocketed the arena! Let's take a look at the damage that's been dealt..

Move 1: "The arena is hit by a Chatter attack!" (Arcanine -1, Charizard -1)
Move 2: "The arena is hit by a Mud Bomb attack!" (Arcanine -2, Charizard +3)

48 HOUR SCOREBOARD
S2: {arcanine} +5 | {charizard} +6

And just when you thought Arcanine had it in the bag with his strong movesets... the random number generator was far too kind to Charizard, giving him a +1 advantage going into the final 48 hours! What's going to happen next? With votes due to come in, will anonymous voting turn the tide again and see Arcanine surge out in front? Or will it be the long favourite Charizard who will spread his wings out wide in the finals? It's too tense! I'll see you in 48 hour to reveal any anonymous votes I may have received!

ANONYMOUS VOTING:
Everyone gets three anonymous votes from now onto the finals. This means that you can use 1, 2 or 3 of your votes in this match, the next match or the final. Eg: if you decide to give someone +3 during this round, you will not be able to participate in anonymous voting for the next matches. If you decide to give someone +2, you still have +1 left to use either in the next semifinal match or during the final, and so on. Like always, these will be anonymous, however I will have my own counter to gauge how many you have left. You can vote anonymously by PMing myself. And also just to clarify, sponsors can not anonymously vote for themselves (which was going to be the case if we were going to continue this with Psybucks). You do not have to use up all your votes either.

If you haven't yet voted in this round, you may still do so!

The second finalist will be determined 48 hours from this post. Good luck to supporters of both parties!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:50 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Arcanine. Tough choice because of my fluctuating opinions of Charizard. Arcanine comes out on top today.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I hate you RNG. That was way... WAY too close...
Somebody get some smelling salts, I think I'm passing ou- *thud*

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{charizard}
I wanted to like Arcanine (really, I did) but Charizard was my starter and the fire type on my team plus it didn't help that I forgot Arcanine in the daycare. Maybe if I had chosen a different starter I would have used Arcanine and hence like it more but... c'est la vie.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{arcanine} Need I say more?

sad but rad

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ShinyLucario wrote:
Samurott wrote:
And I kinda figured SL wasnt from the US judging by his post times.

D8 ASDFHJKLG THE LURKERS KNOW EVERYTHING. EVERY. SINGLE. THING.
Hopefully that phenomenon will change in several years~ wink wink nudge nudge ;)
Woah-ho-ho! What could that mean?
Anyways, Arcanine! Yay!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Unfortunately I can't count your votes (Dragonair101 and Super_Typhlosion), because they missed the 48 hour cutoff :cry: but we'll see now if it would have made a difference!

S2: {arcanine} +6 | {charizard} +7

So Charizard progresses... OR DOES HE? :o

ANONYMOUS VOTES
Arcanine +4

SEMIFINAL RESULT: [2] ARCANINE def. Charizard (10-7)

CONGRATULATIONS TO HAUNTER AND ARCANINE who will be facing off in the finals!

Wow what about that hey! One of the more up and down matches we've seen for quite a while in the arena! Will the grand final hold as much tension and drama as this own semifinal has? Only one way to tell! Keep on holding tight for your coverage as the very first Battle Royale almost draws to a close!

At the moment, I'll be explaining to the sponsors how the final round will work. It will be a culmination of all the factors we've been playing with in the past. Once the sponsors have made their decisions, I'll make public how the format will work, and then the day after the final stage will start. Voting will last 7 days, after which the champion will be announced. Get ready for it!

In the meantime.. are you happy with your two finalists? What do you think some of the strategies employed will be? Who's stats/movepools are you favouring at the moment? And more importantly who will come out on top to win the championships?!

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:13 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hello everyone I know I've been a bit slack in updating lately but we will be holding the grand final match very soon! Here's how it will play out:

The format will be extremely similar to the semifinals, except with the following changes:
> Two (different) items will be attached to Pokemon, instead of 1
> Six moves will be chosen, instead of four. There will be 3 waves of attacks. The two attack limit will still apply.
> The TM shower will make a return
> Voting structure changes a little

Here's a little timeline re: how it will work:
Day 1
- 1st two moves performed
- 1 physical attack performed on the arena straight off the bat
- Voting opens

Day 3
- 2nd two moves performed
- TM shower
- Poll opens

Day 5
- 3rd two moves performed
- 2 special attacks performed on the arena
- Anonymous voting opens

Day 7
- Normal votes, poll results and anonymous votes will all be added together, and the champion will be revealed!

Sponsors: make sure you get your information finalised soon! I'll be starting the matches within 48 hours.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:06 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Voting and poll openings? That means that a person could theoretically vote twice for the same thing. Am I following you correctly?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So throughout all seven days you get one vote? Or is it on each day?

sad but rad

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This...
IS...
SPARTA
CONFUSING!!!

Goodbye
"

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
It seems after not posting for 12 pages, stuff has happened. But a member of the Gastly line survived? Woohoo! Looks like I know what my vote will be.

Wait, what? I actually have no clue what I'm supposed to do any more. .-.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

...We were doing something?

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Edoc'sil wrote:
It seems after not posting for 12 pages, stuff has happened. But a member of the Gastly line survived? Woohoo! Looks like I know what my vote will be.

Yay :P
Edoc'sil wrote:
Wait, what? I actually have no clue what I'm supposed to do any more. .-.

Here's what you should do:
Day 1: Vote for Haunter in this thread.
Day 3: Vote for Haunter in the poll in this thread.
Day 5: PM DragonPhoenix your 3 anonymous votes for haunter.
...and that's it.

Do I feel ashamed for this blatant propaganda? No.
Should I? Meh

Last edited by DragoBoy on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't have as much free time as I used to so first off I'm sorry that I couldn't get the final round up to speed, but I think I should be able to arrange something soonish (within 48 hours is the plan), but for now I'll just run through some general questions:

Voting and poll openings? That means that a person could theoretically vote twice for the same thing. Am I following you correctly?

Yes, and theoretically up to 5 votes can be counted, assuming that you want to use up all 3 of your anonymous votes + poll vote + standard voting.

So throughout all seven days you get one vote? Or is it on each day?

You only get one standard vote, but the round will be open for 7 days, instead of 3-4 as in the previous rounds.

Actually DB got the process pretty accurately in his post, the justification for the different methods of voting is that because I know a lot of people can't check out the forums everyday, so it's just a chance to "reward" the ones who have been following the thread constantly, thereby giving them more "power" in the final round.

I know I've been pretty absent lately and it's probably caused a lack of interest in this thread but I will make it a priority within my personal life to actually see this to the end.

Once again thanks for your patience and hopefully I'll be able to get this show back on the road.

DP

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Wait, for the three anonymous votes, do they have to be in three separate PMs, or can one PM just say 'here are my 3 votes for Haunter'?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:06 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Edoc'sil wrote:
Wait, for the three anonymous votes, do they have to be in three separate PMs, or can one PM just say 'here are my 3 votes for Haunter'?

Anonymous votes are sent all in a single PM.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<pre analysis to be edited in when I have time>

FINAL ROUND: HAUNTER vs [2] ARCANINE

Arcanine used Protect! Arcanine is protected!
Haunter used Swagger! But it failed..
Arcanine used Snarl! Haunter's Colbur Berry activated! Haunter took no damage! Arcanine's Dark Gem activated! Haunter took -1 damage.. Haunter's Special Attack fell 1 stage!
Haunter used Dark Pulse! Arcanine's hit with -1.. Arcanine's attack was boosted +1!

And to kick things off... an initial physical attack dealt at random!

Move 1: "The arena is hit with a Tail Slap attack!"

Advantages applied: {haunter} +3, {arcanine} -1

INITIAL SCOREBOARD
{haunter} +2 | {arcanine} +4

Are Arcanine's stats far too strong for the extra flexible ghost to play catch up? Haunter's ghost type comes in handy here, giving him an immunity to one of the most populous move typings available - and with two special moves yet to rock the arena, Arcanine may find himself in a bit of a whirlpool if he can't break out for a strong lead. What will happen? Only time will tell! For now, voting is open! Who will finally come out on top after months of battles, to become the CHAMPION of the BATTLE ROYALE?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{arcanine}
I still remember that I could of had Haunter, so I'm boycotting the voting for him.

Goodbye
"

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{arcanine}
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Arcanine is one of my favourite Fire Types.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{haunter} In the same evolution line as my favorite Pokemon, so probably one of my favorite over all (within my to 10 or 15).

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:24 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

{haunter}

One step down from the Master of Badassery himself, I can't help but pledge my support to him. Initial advantage or not, I will be pushing for Haunter's victory all the way.
also I just got Hanzo his Haunter in Conquest so teehee

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Aaaand...it began. I'm of course going to vote for Arcanine {arcanine} , for reasons I've repeated many times before.

This is gonna come close...

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:51 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I hate Arcanine, so I'll vote for HAUNTER :D

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:44 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next