Mac 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
PC 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Other 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Neither, I just use a computer. Does it matter? 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Mac or PC? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So. There is a common debate that is between Macintosh (Apple) and PC (Microsoft and anything else that isnt Apple or HP) that has invaded my life and I want to ask Psypoke users what they think. I side with Mac because I use it for putting together and editing videos and, believe me, its waayyy better than the PC software for the same use. Which one do you like?

Goodbye
"

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have an AlienWare computer, its excellent for gaming, thats why i have it. Also, it helps keep me away from this topic.
-KC out!

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

PC.

"But Skeleton aren't you an art guy?" Well yeah, and people are always struttin' around telling you Mac is better for art, aren't they. And they never tell you why. Because there IS no why. Being a Mac doesn't automatically make it better at anything besides looking better sitting on top of furniture from IKEA. I guess the misconception here is that hipsters like Apple products and hipsters are mistaken as all being artistic.

Although, I have heard, from experience, that Apple monitors have better colors than others. And it's true, the colors on my laptop's screen aren't so good. So I use my laptop's screen and my HDTV at the same time when coloring stuff to choose colors that look good on both.

My computer's pretty great aside from a defect in the model (an HP Pavilion g7 Notebook) where it crashes, often, and without warning. Googling around, mine isn't the only one having this problem but I haven't found any solutions and it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing. Fortunately for me it still boots up ridiculously fast when that does happen, because I keep pretty much all my files off the internal hard drive.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:24 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I use both a Mac and a PC, I find both of them to have their pros and cons but I prefer Macs for personal usage, and PCs for work related. Even though the extent of my personal computer usage is limited to Chrome, iPhoto and iCal, and I just like how simple (and how pretty) my Macbook Pro is. I use CS4 on my Macbook too, although I find almost no difference in terms of performance between PCs/Macs when I use Photoshop/Illustrator, only that maybe the Mac's tracking pad amazing due to horizontal scrolling capabilities, and its easier to "nest" open programs side to side more easily, but on the flipside it's annoying how I can't look at more than one image at the time (in CS4).

Compatibility is a major reason why I would prefer Windows for work related, because I need to run Rhino/3DsMax/revit for university which currently aren't supported by Macs. There's a lot more support for PCs as well, so if you need help with something you don't get IT staff likely to say something like "oh just get a PC." PCs are also pretty cheap and easy (in comparison to the Mac) if you're going to upgrade and modify things.

I think when it comes down to it though, Macs definitely have the better laptops. Tracking pad that's too good, kinda OK-long battery life (I get about 6 on a full charge), portability & stability, and you can close the lid/open it and your Mac will sleep/wake up within about 2 seconds. I guess there is a bit of a price premium on them, but personally because of it's well rounded design and how everything comes together almost perfectly it's quite worth it.

I'm really glad though, that Apple are finally getting Microsoft to get their competitive edge back. Too long they've been stagnant with their monopoly, this kind of gets me excited for the future. It seemed like for a while computing operating systems were just going to be the XP interface forever.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I love my Mac <3
The trackpad is amazing, don't know how I lived without it.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@Skeleton:...What?
Anyways, Mac I believe is better because of how easy and stressfree it is. I mean, today, I went on iTunes with the family PC (its a Gateway, so it sucks anyways) and tried to redeem a gift card. I had to restart my computer twice and it still froze on me! Another thing. You know how click a shortcut on a PC, and you dont know if the damn thing is starting or not? Thats exclusive to PC! At least if an app stops working on a Mac, you can relaunch it, and not worry about it totally freezing your computer. Also... GO HORIZONTAL SCROLL FEATURE!!!

Goodbye
"

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What do you mean what.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well you didnt make your reasons good enough. Like, you contradicted yourself!

Goodbye
"

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

How? Yeah, my computer crashes often, but it's not because it runs Windows. It's probably something that can be fixed, whenever I feel like having that done...

And what's not good enough? PCs are cheaper, more compatible with all kinds of user-made junk, and I like 'em better than Macs. I could use either, but PC is better for me.

Your reason just sounds like you were using a PC owned by somebody who doesn't know a thing about computers in general. Which is an argument that is 100% valid in Mac's favor.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Actually, you guys have raised a question I've always been interested in but never found out the answer to.

Is iTunes designed specifically for OSX in that it boots up almost instantly on Macs, yet takes ~1 minute (feels like that anyway..) to load up on the PC. Things like Photoshop and AutoCAD load up about the same time for me on both machines, yet when it comes to iTunes it takes forever on the PC.

So my question is: how long does iTunes take to load on your PC? in b4 itunes is inferior

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

On Macs, like the iMacs I use at film school, it only opens up like 10 seconds faster. But it runs like a dream.

Goodbye
"

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have PC, but I want AlienWare cuz I play video games.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

By "Other" you must mean Linux. Which is apparently just as popular as Mac.

Image (by Ender)

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No, I meant other. LINUX isn't the only thing that isn't Mac or PC. You forgot Alienware.

Goodbye
"

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know there are others. There's also Solarix or whatever it's called, and home-made stuff. Back in the day there were plenty of others, back in the DOS days.

Image (by Ender)

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]