It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 What drives you insane? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, what makes you mad/irritated/insane? For the sake of discussion... *sigh*
At the moment, when my gf decides to cancel on me at the last second, that really pisses me off.
What about you?

Goodbye
"

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think I speak for all of us when I say "loud eating". :cry:

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Or "loud children".
Yes, I hear you. No, I dont care. I shouldnt hear you over my Slipknot, dammit.

Goodbye
"

Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:38 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I love Frost and stuff but when he used to make fun of my mom it drove me insane :(

Edit: the new version of the forums is like the reallly old version where you can't click on a user's name to bring up their profile, you now have to click the tiny "profile" icon on their post. Wtf.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

When people try to tell a story, but have no idea what they're talking about at all so they end up saying "uh...umm.." a thousand times. :frustrated:

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp practically said it how it is. I finallized my *long* list. Oh boy...
Quote:
1. Loud noises.
Ear-splitting noises like little children crying and stuff like that. It just drives me bats**t. I have heightened senses and it hurts. If it is loud enough, it can even send me into a rage. It sucks.
2. People who are just generally stupid, but think that they know everything and look down on others.
Arrogance will get you nowhere. However, it can get you an ass-kicking from some people. I'm one of those people.
3. Ignorant dumbf***s.
Look, I'm all for freedom of speech and religion. But when you use those two wrongly, gtfo of my face. You can believe God is the creator, but when you call the guy who has a lot of facts on his side stupid because he believes in evolution, you can kindly, **** off. I have a name for people like this. I call them Keith Richards.
4. People who take things out of context or make stuff up to build their ego.
Seriously, nobody cares about you. Shut up, Keith. Yes, I know you're bigger than me. No, I don't give a ****. Yes, I know that you supossedly have God on your side. Again, idc. Go cry in the corner.
5. People who make no sense in their arguments, so they pull a dick move.
Believe it or not Keith, evolution makes more sense. And Brooke, falsely accusing people of 'racism' because they know what they're doing and what they're talking about is not okay. In fact, it makes you look like a dumb bitch. Oh wait, you already are.
6. Anti-nationalists.
Again, yes, you do have freedoms. Keep in mind the people who gave their lives so you can critique their efforts. Example one of many why I would never be president: People like this would be deported.
7. "F***ing with the Family"
Self-explanatory. You **** with people I care about, and you're screwed. Examples of this can be found in this forum.

Well, I shortened it down, otherwise I'd be here for hours.

Goodbye
"

Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:45 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

When my friend is 2 hours late when we go carpooling in his car.

It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What drive me insane?
When I see a fat kids yelling like ** for no reasons. :frustrated:

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

People who constantly contradict themselves.

And also when you are talking normally with someone and they are by themselves, then they are with others and they act like they're above you/ completely ignore you. That makes me go ape

sad but rad

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Video game mechanics that the makers swear are fair, but are so tilted in your enemies' favor it's insane.
Loud children.
Ignorant/stupid people. This largely consists of rednecks, religious whackos (not normal religious people, just the radical/moronic ones), people on XBOX live, wannabe trolls who are just stupid, and a lot more.
Leet/chat/text speak.
People who don't respect my choices and decisions concerning myself. You don't like who I am/what I did, unless it was murder, rape, robbery, assault, drug abuse, or another serious offense that actually matters, keep it to your dang self.
Ignorant/stupid people.
People who curse and use profanity excessively.
People who don't obey rules that are clearly stated somewhere.
Ignorant people.
If you're new to somewhere, and don't quite grasp what the rules are or what the community is about, I'll be glad to help you and ignore your mistakes for the most part-- you don't know any better. But if you are deliberately being stupid or offensive to get a negative reaction, just shut up and go away.
Weak attempts at peer pressure. Example: "Go on this extremely high, fast roller coaster! It's fun!" NO. You know for a fact I despise 98% of all roller coasters, they're just not my thing. Stop trying to make me do something I don't want to do.
People who insist today's artists are just as/more talented than previous ones. Name one recent song with lyrics as meaningful and varied as 'American Pie' by Don Mclean, show me a talented, non-auto tuned artist who can hope to stand up to how much people love the Beatles, and someone who will be remembered as a legendary band for as long, I'll acknowledge them and be impressed. I mean come on, when the friggin' POPE forgives you after claiming to be bigger than Jesus, you know you're loved and fantastic.
People who take things waaaaaay out of context to try to sound smart. Outside of context, anything can mean anything. But it's NOT what it means.
When people are losing an argument and they just won't admit it. You're wrong, and you've miserably been proven long beyond any hope of redemption. Just quit and save some face by being the grownup.
Those who insult me, my friends, or my family to try to sound 'cool'/for kicks/to try to win a lost argument. Seriously? Just be quiet, you do no one any good.

And that's all for now, folks.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It seems that ignorance drives a lot of people insane. I can see why.
Quote:
religious whackos (not normal religious people, just the radical/moronic ones), people on XBOX live
Thank you!
Quote:
People who curse and use profanity excessively.
:(
Quote:
People who insist today's artists are just as/more talented than previous ones. Name one recent song with lyrics as meaningful and varied as 'American Pie' by Don Mclean, show me a talented, non-auto tuned artist who can hope to stand up to how much people love the Beatles, and someone who will be remembered as a legendary band for as long, I'll acknowledge them and be impressed.
:objection:

Try Metallica (READ: "One"). That song is amazing.
Others:
"Hey Daddy" and "Daddy", both by KoRn. The first talks of drug abuse, second about a big life-changing event in Johnathan Davis's (lead singer of KoRn) life.
"Vermillion, Part 1 & 2" by Slipknot
These songs have some underlyng meaning to them. I'm content on finding it.

Goodbye
"

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Metallica is, yes, very talented. I think they're one of the very few more current bands I can enjoy. Although bands like Pearl Jam also have great lyrics, even if they are a bit older. Otherwise, since I'm not a metal fan, I can't give you an unbiased opinion on the other two.
As far as (more) current bands, I'm satisfied with the Fray (How to Save a Life is good), and some artists who just put people in a good mood with their brand of music. Jason Mraz and Uncle Kracker both make some songs that are nice to listen to.
Otherwise, I stick to artists like Boston, Kansas, the Beatles, Billy Joel, Led Zeppelin, Don McLean, Guns and Roses, and I feel like I'm forgetting one.

EDIT: To add to my list, those who oppose gay marriage. You look like the people who opposed racial desegregation.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I guess I can file that one on my list too. Just because one is different doesn't mean they shouldn't have the same rights. I thought of it. This is what I came up with:
If you have a majority of the ruling government straight, and they're all against gay marriage, have you ever considered the reverse? Yeah, straight marriage ban.
I don't even get why idiots say this shoud be debateable. It's called freedom of expression, which is part of the 1st Amendment. It ranks up with other pointless debates like the whole 2nd Amendment being unlawful or whatever. Any one who has a problem with the first 10 admendments should move to Russia, or China, or, hell, even CUBA! Those are what make up the Bill of Rights, and they're in stone. Put up or shut up.

Goodbye
"

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:03 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
Ignorant/stupid people. This largely consists of rednecks, religious whackos (not normal religious people, just the radical/moronic ones), people on XBOX live, wannabe trolls who are just stupid, and a lot more.

Quote:
EDIT: To add to my list, those who oppose gay marriage. You look like the people who opposed racial desegregation.

You disappoint me. Is flaming the only response you peeps have? (For the record, I don't consider myself a radical; I'm really just average.)

Also, I think you're trying to meld a political issue and a religious one together. Not sure if that was your intent, but that's what it looks like somewhat.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I purposely put that I'm not offended by regular religious people. I support them, and good for you for believing in religion. I don't care one way or the other, though. My only opinion on religious people is this-- That's nice. I don't, you do, no big deal. I meant actual radicals (those who would kill for religion) and people who claim that the Bible should be lived by, because it's the word of God... and then proceed to live by only what's convenient for them. Live by all, some, or none, but don't claim to do one and then live by another.

And I meant actively oppose, not those who don't like it. That's all right, but keep it to yourself.
Quote:
Don't like gay marriage? Don't get gay married. Don't like abortion? Don't get one. But keep your opinion to yourself, just because you think it's right doesn't mean everyone else has to have the same opinion. That goes for you non-religious people, too.

Also this. Read it all through before getting offended.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:54 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
I purposely put that I'm not offended by regular religious people. I support them, and good for you for believing in religion. I don't care one way or the other, though. My only opinion on religious people is this-- That's nice. I don't, you do, no big deal. I meant actual radicals (those who would kill for religion) and people who claim that the Bible should be lived by, because it's the word of God... and then proceed to live by only what's convenient for them. Live by all, some, or none, but don't claim to do one and then live by another.

+1

I do have my own views on things, and with that comes the bit that I do believe other people are mistaken on certain aspects, but I respect the right to peeps' opinions and I will let them have them. (Doesn't mean I think they're right, but that's a whole other story.)
I think you look at the whole situation quite rationally.

...There are just some people out there (on both sides, really) who are outspoken in all the wrong ways. The reaction to the Higgs Boson thing brought out people like that from everywhere; it made me sad.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:31 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

My family.

These are extra characters.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:07 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Something that drive me insane:
When someone tell me that my music sux, but he listen to... pop music. :frustrated:
1. What so amazing in pop music!?!?! (I hate pop music)
2. How Metallica, Slipknot, Disturbed and many other sux?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:16 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It's a preference, more or less, like I have friends who don't like Slipknot. Mostly because their awesomeness can't be handled, or a more ridiculous reason. I like them because I can connect with a lot of their music. Saying that "this music sucks, it's bad, as are the people who listen to it" is by far something that pisses me off. Like Edoc said earlier, when people don't respect one's choices. It's my preference. I don't give a ****. It's very shallow. In fact, I used to have a distaste for music the likes of Mudvayne, Slipknot, etc. a few years back. Now, I listen to it almost 24/7.
I can recall a conversation that cppchriscpp and I had in the chats last week. Basically, to sum it up, what music is bad music? Nothing, really. If I can fully recall, he said that he knew someone who listened to pop, and was an asshole, and I backed it up by saying that I'm actually very nice to others, eventhough I listen to that.
Seriously, how shallow do you have to be to say such things? It's not your problem, your life, your preference, so why the **** should either care?

Oh, yeah. Almost forgot.
@Edoc: Vermillion isn't the classic Slipknot. The second part I fall asleep to sometimes. Listen to it.

Goodbye
"

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

On the subject of people getting offended about religious views, this applies to how I feel. More so because the rest of my family is Jewish.

To make this post more relevant to the topic at hand, the way some people are complete jerks to everyone and then the second an authority figure appears they act like an angel. So when you try to get back at them, all the adults see is you doing something completely unjustified to their little perfect child. I hate how they can do anything they want without getting in trouble, and the way they think they deserve to be able to do anything but not get reprimanded.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:35 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

chill rabbi is chill

Quote:
Basically, to sum it up, what music is bad music? Nothing, really.

Nothing? Not even rap or screamo? (I'd mention dubstep and techno, but they're not bad - just repetitive.)

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Everyone like his style of music, it's ok, but I hate the one who say: ''My music beast and yours sux, no one listen to this anymore.''
Personaly, I like progressive rock and heavy metal. But I hate pop, rap, techno, dubstep...

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:56 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Krisp wrote:
I love Frost and stuff but when he used to make fun of my mom it drove me insane :(

I sorry. ;_;

Also, working retail drives me insane. Most other things pale in comparison.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DNA wrote:
chill rabbi is chill

Quote:
Basically, to sum it up, what music is bad music? Nothing, really.

Nothing? Not even rap or screamo? (I'd mention dubstep and techno, but they're not bad - just repetitive.)

So I guess I need to include a tl;rd version for you now on. What I said was basically, why would one care about another's musical views? For instance, my gf's favorite genre is country. Now, I think country is annoying and boring as ****, but do I use that against how I see her? Nope.
On to the topic at hand; I HATE shots. The mere sight of someone getting a shot makes me cringe (and yet I wonder why I'm a fan of bladed weaponry).
So, as if getting a physical isn't already awkward enough, I learn I have to get a menningitis shot. I almost passed out.

Goodbye
"

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:35 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Country may be annoying and boring but it isn't bad. Rap and screamo are probably easily within the category of 'bad' music. Everything else? They have their strong and weak points alike.

tl;dr: Samurott derailing himself makes me lol

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next